PDA

View Full Version : is defiance dead in the water for eu

IAMMOBZ
09-07-2013, 10:10 AM
is defiance dead in the water for eu
the reason for this post is ive been on twice this week and have come across maybe 10 other players very strange am i missing somthing,has everyone jumped on the na servers , or as the tital says is it just dead in theee water and people have moved on from this game

IAMMOBZ
09-10-2013, 09:16 AM
wow 50 views and no comments lol

bigguy
09-10-2013, 10:38 AM
defince is dying on na too they dont fix old problems and create new ones by changing things that dont need to be changed , and they keep screwing with the economy our trading is dead so of course it has to be worse for you

Calysia
09-10-2013, 06:22 PM
wow 50 views and no comments lol

Maybe because the topic has no place in the suggestions forum?

J_matt
09-10-2013, 06:27 PM
Its not as dead as u think just people tend to hangout with either there frieor arknds or clan members and dont really hang out with randomers except for major arkfalls or sieges

JPlay
09-10-2013, 06:37 PM
I was on NA ...but now switch it up and play on
the EU server....
JPLAY76

Mclovin913010
09-10-2013, 06:46 PM
Compared to when I first started playing, this game is not only dead, but decomposed to the skeletal remains.

Nefarious
09-10-2013, 06:48 PM
I think a lot of EU players are jumping over to NA servers. Officer in my clan recruited a few EU players who came over because of this.

Etaew
09-11-2013, 02:31 AM
I don't like the sound of this as a player on the EU server. I always thought that regions should be joined across platforms, and even that platforms should be joined.

If the players don't mind the few ms difference from EU to US, as from the people who are transferring seem not to, then I don't see why they shouldn't be merged.

I see a few options:

1) Characters are tied to account not region so you can select where to play that character
2) Character transfers are enabled
3) Servers are merged
4) Things stay the same

I'd prefer 3 or 1.

TAG
10-07-2013, 08:07 AM
The EU server is whats to become of the US server. Actually I just started playing again yesterday, stopped for about a month and the US server seems dead already.

Deunan
10-07-2013, 11:53 AM
....and even that platforms should be joined....Not a good idea. It's bad enough that PC players were unnnecessarily hamstrung by having the client cap RAM usage for rendering graphics to a fraction of what even the most basic non-gaming PC's on the market have because it was uniformly coded to accomodate the limitations of gaming consoles. I'm hoping that they'll fix this for the PC version because it's disappointing to see almost every player render as the same male human in a survivalist outfit and to realize that's how your avatar looks in their game too.

The NA PC server has a decent if not massive player population. You have to realize that a lot of the present players only paid 10 bucks for the game and have never had to pay any subscription fee. A lot of us came on board knowing the game has lots of problems but on the PC the game is stable and relatively lag free. I've only had one server related crash (unfortunately occuring when we were very close to finishing the Monolith at the major Dark Matter Arkfall) since I started playing the game.

Bentu
10-07-2013, 11:57 AM
Sorry to say I haven't played Defiance for over 2 weeks now not saying I'd be missed lol but I really enjoy this game but the scope issue and vehicle bug I've got are just making it a chore to play.

Sanguinesun
10-07-2013, 01:44 PM
"Dead in the water"

The water dried up a long while back. Just a dry, barren desert remains.

Dessicated in the desert feels more apt. :P

Lillith Valerian
10-07-2013, 05:33 PM
I always thought that regions should be joined across platforms, and even that platforms should be joined.

That's not a good idea. Controllers can't respond the way a mouse can. Developers once tested cross-platform performances, and PC vs console players was deemed 'beyond a slaughter'.

And I'm speaking as a console player, not another tiresome PC elitist.

Burn_Withme
10-07-2013, 06:39 PM
I havnt played since the US only contest "play the game be on the show" killed it for me!

Ridilen
10-08-2013, 09:20 AM
This game is so dead that I have an old 386 SX25 they could use as a server. Probably would be better.

Sanguinesun
10-08-2013, 11:51 AM
This game is so dead that I have an old 386 SX25 they could use as a server. Probably would be better.

Hehe I like it. This game is so dead jokes for the thread would be awesome.

VicousBlood
10-09-2013, 12:23 AM
You also have to keep in mind Defiance server channel designation is awful. It may put you in a channel that is well populated or a channel that is not very populated. And it is random, you may log out and immediately log back in just to find you are in a different channel. And these channels are not synched (if you ever wondered why, as an example, you immediately logged out then back in, when an arkfall or siege started and upon logging back in it was gone, it's because you got sent to another channel upon logging back in). It does not assign players to less populated channels when other channels are full, it just sends you to a random channel. I would suggest keeping an eye on the most active players you see and befriending them. This way you can ask amongst your friends if their server channel is populated and then move to the channel they are in.

Until consoles start to begin being able to use K/M as fully functioning and viable gaming input devices. I do not support true cross platforming. I played the original Shadowrun, which was the first true cross platform (XBOX360 & PC)game. It failed horribly with so many console accusations of PC players hacking. One of the reasons microsoft does not support this either http://www.rahulsood.com/2010/07/console-gamers-get-killed-against-pc.html. Allowing this change is not only up to Trion but it requires agreement of the console makers as well. Bridging the regional gap or creating an optional global server for each platform I could agree with.

I stopped playing consoles since the PS2 and even with the PS3, 360 and the newer consoles coming out I still feel MMO's of any type are still a foreign/alien idea to most consolers, which may be the reason console populations are low (if they are, this is just an assumption as I have not seen any numbers posted), I could be wrong, that is just more of a personal opinion.

Example video of switching CHANNELS, NOT SERVER REGION in Defiance:
Please note they do not have to be in your group to have them switch to your server channel, but they must be on your friends list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xAQCYOxl0c

Azubaz
10-09-2013, 01:51 AM
is defiance dead in the water?

Does a bear **** in the woods? Har Har...

VicousBlood
10-09-2013, 02:03 AM

Not necessarily, bears have a simple digestive system and food does not stay in them long. They don't "hold it in" so they pretty much poop everywhere. Some people have even reported in neighborhoods that have bear problems, bears pooping while giving chase to something or someone. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD_VXBuQ_5I

Azubaz
10-09-2013, 02:10 AM
...so they pretty much poop everywhere.

You fail at disputing the claim. You could have just said yes.

VicousBlood
10-09-2013, 02:18 AM
What am I disputing? I'm just saying bears don't only go in the woods.

duction
10-09-2013, 04:40 AM
Your suppose to say, does a bear poop in the woods? And the other person says I don't know... Why..

You follow up with, because it smells like it pooped in your mouth.

vizibledog
10-09-2013, 04:57 AM

Does a shark pee in the sea? ;)

VicousBlood
10-09-2013, 05:35 AM
...aaand back to the topic

You also have to keep in mind Defiance server channel designation is awful. It may put you in a channel that is well populated or a channel that is not very populated. And it is random, you may log out and immediately log back in just to find you are in a different channel. And these channels are not synched (if you ever wondered why, as an example, you immediately logged out then back in, when an arkfall or siege started and upon logging back in it was gone, it's because you got sent to another channel upon logging back in). It does not assign players to less populated channels when other channels are full, it just sends you to a random channel. I would suggest keeping an eye on the most active players you see and befriending them. This way you can ask amongst your friends if their server channel is populated and then move to the channel they are in.

Until consoles start to begin being able to use K/M as fully functioning and viable gaming input devices. I do not support true cross platforming. I played the original Shadowrun, which was the first true cross platform (XBOX360 & PC)game. It failed horribly with so many console accusations of PC players hacking. One of the reasons microsoft does not support this either http://www.rahulsood.com/2010/07/console-gamers-get-killed-against-pc.html. Allowing this change is not only up to Trion but it requires agreement of the console makers as well. Bridging the regional gap or creating an optional global server for each platform I could agree with.

I stopped playing consoles since the PS2 and even with the PS3, 360 and the newer consoles coming out I still feel MMO's of any type are still a foreign/alien idea to most consolers, which may be the reason console populations are low (if they are, this is just an assumption as I have not seen any numbers posted), I could be wrong, that is just more of a personal opinion.

Please note they do not have to be in your group to have them switch to your server channel, but they must be on your friends list.

Ridilen
10-09-2013, 05:43 AM
. . . . . . . . . .

Azubaz
10-09-2013, 09:58 AM
Does a shark pee in the sea? ;)

Not necessarily, sharks have a simple digestive system and food does not stay in them long. They don't "hold it in" so they pretty much poop everywhere. Some people have even reported in seaside communities that have shark problems, sharks pooping while giving chase to something or someone. LOL

What am I disputing? I'm just saying bears don't only go in the woods.

Moment of dispute starts at "Not necessarily..." No part of the old saying suggests bears do not poop in the woods, or poop exclusively in the woods. Go put your helmet back on before you hurt yourself.

Injury
10-09-2013, 10:09 AM
is defiance dead in the water

Maybe not dead, but just kind of floating in the water. Before you know it, players will start posting in Defiance off-topic forums about other games they are playing / streaming / whatever.

Azubaz
10-09-2013, 10:11 AM
Before you know it, players will start posting in Defiance off-topic forums about other games they are playing / streaming / whatever.

It has already happened. The threads are removed/closed. Ask Jester or Tyrannos, they will know that there have been countless threads about other games.

Amack
10-09-2013, 11:14 AM

First off, great presentation there. Second, I think it deserves it's own thread with a full explanation of how this can relate to the lag you see and/or switching to the server channel with a lesser population, etc. If you are indeed correct that they are not load balancing this somehow... well the network troubles no longer surprise me, I mean what did they expect with this kind of setup? Sigh.

MordecaiHunter
10-09-2013, 11:26 AM
how many times can you run a arkfall and siege without getting bored to death ? But with dlc2 we get to go inside one yippeeee. . HA

VicousBlood
10-09-2013, 09:48 PM

First off, great presentation there. Second, I think it deserves it's own thread with a full explanation of how this can relate to the lag you see and/or switching to the server channel with a lesser population, etc. If you are indeed correct that they are not load balancing this somehow... well the network troubles no longer surprise me, I mean what did they expect with this kind of setup? Sigh.

Inbox From Amack
Server channels
Why in the world would they not have server channels set to specific map locations, and in game events?

Mount Tam, Madera, Marin, San Fran, etc. should all be their own channel I would think? Maybe two channels per location at most? Each siege location should have its separate channel? Arkfalls are more scattered so they could devote a couple of channels as needed.

What you showed in your video caused my mouth to drop in shock, literally. No wonder I can login the morning and stay connected for 24hrs while others are being kicked from every event they play.
Reply With Quote REPLY TO PRIVATE MESSAGE

Send Reply
VicousBlood's Avatar Join Date
Jul 2013
Re: Server channels
I'm pretty sure it's to keep a channel from getting too congested as with any MMO open world design (1 channel per each open world area/map and defiance is 1 huge, I say that conservatively, open world map). My problem with it is, it does not wait until a channel starts to get congested before it assigns incoming players to other channels it just assigns them as they log in, probably to balance channel population. But let say each channel can hold 100 people and there are 3 channels with 50 people in each channel. Why not let channel 1 get to about 75 people before sending people to channel 2 and letting channel 2 get to about 75 also before sending others to channel 3. Or why not just give us a tiny channel interface like the quick menu? I think the bigger question is though, does this affect PVP and co-op map queuing also? Or does match queuing search among all channels. Because I see at the end of a Co-op all players go to the same channel. Were we all from the same channel before we were sent to the co-op map? Or did it just dump us all in a random channel after the co-op map was over, because I can see that quickly unbalancing channels. If you don't mind I'd like to post this question and response in the thread. As you brought up a great question that piqued my curiosity even more.

Reply With Quote REPLY TO PRIVATE MESSAGE