PDA

View Full Version : Random security questions? This is pathetic

Sark
04-01-2013, 09:53 PM
I'm trying to change my password and it's giving me security questions I didn't even pick or put answers to. I'm not sure why, I guess this is Trion's great security system. What do I do about it?

Tr3nch
04-01-2013, 10:05 PM
I'm trying to change my password and it's giving me security questions I didn't even pick or put answers to. I'm not sure why, I guess this is Trion's great security system. What do I do about it?

What's worse is that you can't even change them or remove them.

Sark
04-01-2013, 10:08 PM
What's worse is that you can't even change them or remove them.

Sooo what, Trion hasn't done or said anything about this awful system at all? This is ****ing pathetic. I'm not even allowed to access something I payed for. That makes sense.

djin
04-01-2013, 10:08 PM
Well the security questions will ALWAYS be there regardless. This of course is to prevent hackers and for confirming you are the owner of the account in case you need to speak to a representative.

Your best bet to be quite honest is to Live Chat when they are open or you can send an e-mail to them explaining your situation. The e-mail approach will take longer. They will be able to change the questions for you for new ones. The biggest problem you'll face is proving the account is yours which might take a little time. If you have the key and your other personal information, there might be some better results.

As far as the security question is concerned, the only way for you to get security questions is when you first started your account. Not sure how you don't know about it now.

Zioralsa
04-01-2013, 10:09 PM
use the livechat, or call. Why don't you remember your security question answers? :(

Zioralsa
04-01-2013, 10:10 PM
The biggest problem you'll face is proving the account is yours which might take a little time.

Usually knowing the date of purchase and the last 4 digits of the card used to make a purchase at Trion will work.

djin
04-01-2013, 10:12 PM
Usually knowing the date of purchase and the last 4 digits of the card used to make a purchase at Trion will work.

I'm sure as long as all of the other information is there on hand, there really shouldn't be any problem.

I for one would rather the security questions for added security since I don't want any chances of my account being hacked.

Sark
04-01-2013, 10:13 PM
Well the security questions will ALWAYS be there regardless. This of course is to prevent hackers and for confirming you are the owner of the account in case you need to speak to a representative.

Your best bet to be quite honest is to Live Chat when they are open or you can send an e-mail to them explaining your situation. The e-mail approach will take longer. They will be able to change the questions for you for new ones. The biggest problem you'll face is proving the account is yours which might take a little time. If you have the key and your other personal information, there might be some better results.

As far as the security question is concerned, the only way for you to get security questions is when you first started your account. Not sure how you don't know about it now.

It's not that I don't remember the answers, it's giving me security questions that I didn't even pick to have on the account.

djin
04-01-2013, 10:15 PM
It's not that I don't remember the answers, it's giving me security questions that I didn't even pick to have on the account.

To be quite frank, there's nothing you can do except to contact CS.

https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1071/kw/changing%20security%20question

I was on Live Chat for an hour today about my Rift account for multiple different things. One included security questions I don't remember answers to for a different e-mail address I guess I used in the past. They changed the questions for me and I went my way.

Sark
04-01-2013, 10:24 PM
To be quite frank, there's nothing you can do except to contact CS.

https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1071/kw/changing%20security%20question

I was on Live Chat for an hour today about my Rift account for multiple different things. One included security questions I don't remember answers to for a different e-mail address I guess I used in the past. They changed the questions for me and I went my way.

So I have to wait until their live support opens back up? Wonderful.