PDA

View Full Version : Siege scoring: Whats the deal?

crasher
09-08-2013, 12:58 AM
Is there any correlation between the numbers that I roll on the screen while shooting Volge and my 'Score'?

I'm pretty sure I see more numbers flying off the bad guys than I'm being credited for. There must be a weighted tally in there somewhere.

I know they're using the 'more is better' system, but I'm pretty sure that if anyone were to video the screen and add the numbers 'scored' by hitting badguys and compare that to the score on the results screen - the numbers would differ by more than just an omitted hit-point or ten.

How's it work out?
I just want to know.

JxSiN
09-08-2013, 02:11 AM
Each type of enemy has a certain static number of points attributed to them. You get a portion of that number based on the percentage of damage you do to them. You get 10% bonus for the kill. Other bonuses apply, such as cap point kills, rescue kills etc. Turrets damage them but don't eat into the percentage (but if the turret gets the kill you don't get the 10% bonus). But if a turret drains the life and you did damage to it, you get your percentage vs. other players. If you were the only one that did any damage, you get all those points as the turret doesn't get any

N7_Legion
09-08-2013, 02:51 AM
Here's how Trick described it:

Score balance in sieges

Here’s a good way to visualize the primary scoring technique of sieges. Each enemy is a big bag of points. Every time you damage an enemy, a portion of that bag is marked as belonging to you. When the enemy dies, the points are dealt out to all the players which damaged it. Additionally, the player who got the killing blow gets a bonus of 10% of the enemy’s total value. We have an update in the pipe to make this “killing blow” bonus a little smarter, to compensate for timing differences across multiple clients.

We DO want you killing enemies. We DO NOT want people to feel cheated out of their killing blows.

Additionally, healers get a portion of the points the players they are healing get. However, these points are essentially duplicated from healed players rather than stolen. Healing is not a zero-sum game; healing always adds to the total points in an equation.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?131308-PSA-to-BMG-users-during-Sieges&p=1248384&viewfull=1#post1248384

DragonsWife
09-08-2013, 04:24 AM
It's interesting to me that I'll get "assist" points for mobs when I get critical kills and power kills on them. What's going on there?

Indra Echo
09-08-2013, 10:57 AM
It's interesting to me that I'll get "assist" points for mobs when I get critical kills and power kills on them. What's going on there?

The game is dumber than a doorknob. It always has been in relation to scoring. I've been complaining about this from day one. In PvP, where you have to do 5 things for a contract-it can't count and won't update things, so you can end up having to do 10 of those things or more.

It also randomly seems to award someone the kill and someone else an assist. I can be the one to get a killshot on someone or some NPC and at times I get credit for the kill--often it is an assist. I can even get assist points on my own damaged enemies. Say I'm soloing someplace-I do damage to one with a grenade but kill them with a gun. It does not always register it as my kill. It happens with the Volge Bombers a lot when there's a Bomber contract up--it doesn't show that I got the kill.

I also still see many discrepancies between what leaderboards say at sieges and arkfalls-I can revive 5 people and get credit for 0. At sieges I see healing points so I know I'm earning them, but at the end I get no listed credit for them. And I can revive no one and get credit. I kill at least 10 things and it says I killed 1. Dumb does not begin to describe it.

August Barkley
09-08-2013, 11:00 AM
How can I get a T10 Volge Cash? I earned 36000 points on stage 10 and only got a T4 Volge Crap...

Indra Echo
09-08-2013, 11:04 AM
How can I get a T10 Volge Cash? I earned 36000 points on stage 10 and only got a T4 Volge Crap...

After having numerous sieges with crippling lag that made it impossible to get a good score--I finally got 22k and got all green crap, weapons without synergies. Not really worth it to try harder for me.

3rdpig
09-08-2013, 11:08 AM
While I'm the first one to admit that, as a player in a busy siege, it's impossible to tell who's shooting at what, there are some outstanding moments where something really appears to be wrong. Single shots at enemies I haven't shot at before and getting the kill and a huge amount of points, or soloing an enemy and getting an assist and a low amount of points.

So I'm willing to accept, somewhat grudginly, if it's tested and found to be working right. But also if it's tested and found to be broken I'll nod my head and say "Yea, anyone with an IQ above room temperature knew that!". Poor Trion, they just can't win!

Still, it's not that hard for me to get 20k points at a siege if I get there with at least 10 minutes left, so I guess I'm doing something right. Now, if I could just get a decent drop from one.

Worldviewsinc
09-08-2013, 01:38 PM

A couple of days ago I scored 38500 ish and placed first and it completed at stage 9. I got a T4 cache but it did drop me an orange shotgun.

Sonfurd
09-26-2013, 09:35 PM
How do i redeem the T1,2,3,4 or whatever Volge Cash? Is it a crate in the middle of the seige area or something? I have gotten 2 Cashes, but dont know were to go to open them.

crasher
09-26-2013, 09:46 PM
How do i redeem the T1,2,3,4 or whatever Volge Cash? Is it a crate in the middle of the seige area or something? I have gotten 2 Cashes, but dont know were to go to open them.
The weapons that flash by on the screen at the end ARE the weapons from the cache. The T-1 thry 4 are just to let you know what mythical 'quality' they represent. The cache is already open and in your inv.

Arsenic_Touch
09-26-2013, 10:43 PM
There's a huge gap between what trick says they do and what they actually do. You can spend the majority of the time killing an elite viscera by yourself, someone rolls up and gets the kill shot, they'll get like 2k points, you'll get like 100-300.

Bonehead
09-26-2013, 10:47 PM
There's a huge gap between what trick says they do and what they actually do. You can spend the majority of the time killing an elite viscera by yourself, someone rolls up and gets the kill shot, they'll get like 2k points, you'll get like 100-300.

I'm gonna have to go with you on the whole "huge gap" thing on many many parts of this game.

Lorchra
09-26-2013, 11:07 PM

I've had the same experience: sometimes, while two or more people are working down the health of a Viscera, I can 'steal' the score with a well-placed headshot, and sometimes I'm also cheated out of my prize when some other player comes waltzing up and deals the killing blow (and I get a measly +154 WTF? Assist).

Arsenic_Touch
09-26-2013, 11:12 PM
I've had the same experience: sometimes, while two or more people are working down the health of a Viscera, I can 'steal' the score with a well-placed headshot, and sometimes I'm also cheated out of my prize when some other player comes waltzing up and deals the killing blow (and I get a measly +154 WTF? Assist).

There's a growing trend on PC NA where players will sit and snipe at the last second for the kill shots.

JBoneFX
09-26-2013, 11:48 PM
After having numerous sieges with crippling lag that made it impossible to get a good score--I finally got 22k and got all green crap, weapons without synergies. Not really worth it to try harder for me.

you get at least one purple item if you're over 20k, you didn't get two green items...

Lorchra
09-26-2013, 11:57 PM
you get at least one purple item if you're over 20k, you didn't get two green items...

Nope.

My score was 22k, and I got a blue and a green. No purple.

JBoneFX
09-27-2013, 12:16 AM
I've never seen anything but a purple item for over 20k, anyone else not get one? It could be an EGO thing also (@5k)

Lorchra
09-27-2013, 01:14 AM
It could be an EGO thing, as you said, because my character is at 2870, and she rarely sees purples from siege Tier 4 boxes. Not even when she lands in the top reward bracket.

alienstookmybeer
09-27-2013, 08:25 AM
It could be an EGO thing, as you said, because my character is at 2870, and she rarely sees purples from siege Tier 4 boxes. Not even when she lands in the top reward bracket.

It's not that. I was about the same ego as you when the volge sieges started and I'm in the 'always pulling purples' crowd. I expect you're supposed to get a purple reward (or better) for getting the Tier 4 box, but there's a bug somewhere. Or perhaps it's tied to the # of stages completed (maybe finishing less than 7 or 8 stages lowers the purple chances). But knowing this game, I suspect it's a bug.

inox2980
09-27-2013, 08:34 AM
Nope.

My score was 22k, and I got a blue and a green. No purple.

Chuck is right - you are guaranteed at least one Epic item once you hit/exceed the 20K point barrier. I've gotten an Epic every time I've passed 20k in points. Now, I didn't say they were GOOD Epic items.. :)

PseudoCool
09-27-2013, 08:34 AM
There's a growing trend on PC NA where players will sit and snipe at the last second for the kill shots.

I actually mentioned it in another thread that I started after dealing with a couple of players from the same guild who enjoyed this tactic instead of actually fighting the volge.

This morning.. I actually went and tested it: 32548 pts.. nothing but sniping head shots on already almost dead Volge of all varieties. Then at the next Siege, I went in with my "power damage set up" and had to fight to get over 20K with a fully on Overcharge resetting, DPS maxed out load out.

Something in the "kill shot modifier" is seriously wrong when I can sit there with my saw and mow into a trooper, get him down to about 5% of his life, then someone shoots him and I get a 300pt "assist". Yet, when I reverse the tables and I'm the one sniping, I get a 1500 pt "kill" with only doing 1 shot at the target for 3750pts of damage. This modifier is NOT what it's supposed to be, and people are intentionally utilizing this game mechanic as nothing short of an exploit to gain higher tears of free gear.

PseudoCool
09-27-2013, 08:36 AM
Chuck is right - you are guaranteed at least one Epic item once you hit/exceed the 20K point barrier. I've gotten an Epic every practically every Siege. Now, I didn't say they were GOOD Epic items.. :)

THat is NOT correct.

I've exceeded the 20K cap MANY times without getting a purple or orange item. Not sure who came up with this falsehood, but it's most definitely NOT the way it's working in practice. Infact, this morning I did not get a SINGLE purple from a Siege, but I did drop 3 purples from Arkfalls (2 of them from the same DM arkfall infact).

alienstookmybeer
09-27-2013, 08:43 AM
I actually mentioned it in another thread that I started after dealing with a couple of players from the same guild who enjoyed this tactic instead of actually fighting the volge.

This morning.. I actually went and tested it: 32548 pts.. nothing but sniping head shots on already almost dead Volge of all varieties. Then at the next Siege, I went in with my "power damage set up" and had to fight to get over 20K with a fully on Overcharge resetting, DPS maxed out load out.

Something in the "kill shot modifier" is seriously wrong when I can sit there with my saw and mow into a trooper, get him down to about 5% of his life, then someone shoots him and I get a 300pt "assist". Yet, when I reverse the tables and I'm the one sniping, I get a 1500 pt "kill" with only doing 1 shot at the target for 3750pts of damage. This modifier is NOT what it's supposed to be, and people are intentionally utilizing this game mechanic as nothing short of an exploit to gain higher tears of free gear.

If I ever see anyone doing this I'm gonna put together an anti-sniper loadout with a BMG and swarm cannon. Not for the volge, but just to f*ck with the piece of crap who does this instead of trying to get 20k the way you're meant to.

PseudoCool
09-27-2013, 08:47 AM
If I ever see anyone doing this I'm gonna put together an anti-sniper loadout with a BMG and swarm cannon. Not for the volge, but just to f*ck with the piece of crap who does this instead of trying to get 20k the way you're meant to.

A good place to start looking for the "culprits" is in the Mutant District. Check out the buildings and surrounding hill crags.. you'll see em there. Most of them are in the buildings however.

inox2980
09-27-2013, 08:51 AM
THat is NOT correct.

I've exceeded the 20K cap MANY times without getting a purple or orange item. Not sure who came up with this falsehood, but it's most definitely NOT the way it's working in practice. Infact, this morning I did not get a SINGLE purple from a Siege, but I did drop 3 purples from Arkfalls (2 of them from the same DM arkfall infact).

Now, I'm not saying I'm right, but I know I'm not THAT lucky. Seriously, every Siege, *every* Siege, I've scored 20k or more I've received an Epic item as my last reward item. I've now come to expect the last item I receive will be either Epic or Legendary.

kendillin
09-27-2013, 09:01 AM
@inox : you are that lucky, at least at sieges. I get 20k at most sieges( if the volge keep showing up) and have gotten a total of 2 purples.

inox2980
09-27-2013, 09:09 AM
THat is NOT correct.

Regarding this not working the way it should -- you may be right and they may still be tuning the loot drops as Siege Master indicated here:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?122255-Siege-Questions&p=1165252#post1165252

inox2980
09-27-2013, 09:11 AM
@inox : you are that lucky, at least at sieges. I get 20k at most sieges( if the volge keep showing up) and have gotten a total of 2 purples.

Possible, but just seems unlikely since it happens every time. For some clarification I usually get Tier 10 (20k+) and reach around Siege Stage 10-12.