PDA

View Full Version : Classes

Tilarium
04-01-2013, 09:56 PM
So something I've been wondering sense the Beta but never seemed to ask. What's the difference between the classes other then starting weapon type and outfit? And is there any difference between the human and the alien (can't remember the spelling right now)?

Swampster
04-01-2013, 09:58 PM
So something I've been wondering sense the Beta but never seemed to ask. What's the difference between the classes other then starting weapon type and outfit? And is there any difference between the human and the alien (can't remember the spelling right now)?

No difference whatsoever... purely cosmetic, and starting weapons which can be replaced for anything. A certain class gives no advantage over any other with anything in game thus far, and neither does race or sex

obeyda
04-01-2013, 10:01 PM
No difference whatsoever... purely cosmetic, and starting weapons which can be replaced for anything. A certain class gives no advantage over any other with anything in game thus far, and neither does race or sex

that doesn't really make sense does it?

Swampster
04-01-2013, 10:02 PM

Maybe not, but it's a fact... :)

Jim1066
04-01-2013, 10:05 PM
It makes perfect sense when you realise that those are not classes. They're a background origin story, and only determine your starting weapons.

You pick your EGO ability during the tutorial and are free to choose whichever one you want. This is a skill based game, not a class based one.

Vilmu
04-01-2013, 10:06 PM

Maybe, maybe not.

It's similar system that many other games have. For example EVE and Entropia Universe - in both character creation is only cosmetic and your "class" is determined by the skills and equipment you choose (to use).

Swampster
04-01-2013, 10:08 PM
Maybe, maybe not.

It's similar system that many other games have. For example EVE and Entropia Universe - in both character creation is only cosmetic and your "class" is determined by the skills and equipment you choose (to use).

Which is pretty much how it is in Defiance, except you can have upto 5 different builds too with different perks/equipment.. so basically very little need for Alts

obeyda
04-01-2013, 10:20 PM
thats all cool with me. i enjoyed the limited time i was able to play on beta. Im just hoping now that the game will be running fine in 20 minutes after this install.

Swampster
04-01-2013, 10:24 PM
From what I can gather they did have some intentions of classes making a difference in real early itterations, but I think the idea was dropped in favour of a more fluid equipment/skills type of game. There's hints at their earlier thinking in the naming of some weapons synergies which has, and will no doubt again cause confusion!