PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Siege Questions

alienstookmybeer
09-08-2013, 09:56 AM
I've done a few dozen sieges but still not sure about a couple of things.

What exactly must happen before the siege moves on to the next stage? I've seen it not advance until the last enemy on the map is killed, but I've also seen it not advance until a cap point was recaptured by the arkhunters even though there were still plenty of volge (which then just conveniently vanished)

What causes a turret to become dead (nonfunctioning and unable to be activated or repaired)? I've seen them when they need to be repaired (for 100 salvage) and I believe I saw a damaged one become operable again by itself when the stage ended and the next one began.
-Do they "die" if they become damaged and not fixed within a certain amount of time (within the same stage)?
-Or do they just become unusable if they're connected to a cap point that was lost?
-Or can they only be activated in early stages and if ignored they become disabled in later stages?

Awesome Jeff
09-08-2013, 10:01 AM
Turrets are disabled when the cap point is lost

Indra Echo
09-08-2013, 10:06 AM
I've done a few dozen sieges but still not sure about a couple of things.

What exactly must happen before the siege moves on to the next stage? I've seen it not advance until the last enemy on the map is killed, but I've also seen it not advance until a cap point was recaptured by the arkhunters even though there were still plenty of volge (which then just conveniently vanished)

What causes a turret to become dead (nonfunctioning and unable to be activated or repaired)? I've seen them when they need to be repaired (for 100 salvage) and I believe I saw a damaged one become operable again by itself when the stage ended and the next one began.
-Do they "die" if they become damaged and not fixed within a certain amount of time (within the same stage)?
-Or do they just become unusable if they're connected to a cap point that was lost?
-Or can they only be activated in early stages and if ignored they become disabled in later stages?
I think you're actually seeing the same thing. It only advances to the next stage when all the Volge are killed. Then any lost cap points will be reclaimed. I don't think it works right because it's almost like watching paint dry sometimes to retake a lost cap point so most people don't even stand near them--they go to where there are Volge to shoot.

What you do lose by not getting that cap point back is that bonus (the 20% and 30% you see on the lower right of your screen), which I think is supposed to bump up your total points, and you lose the turrets until the cap point is retaken--so the Volge become harder to kill.

But bottom line--kill all Volge to advance to the next stage. When they're dead, the cap points are all reclaimed automatically and the turrets become operational again. In theory and sometimes rarely if the Volge attack a turret, it should be damaged and would need salvage to fix it--but that does not always happen, doesn't even happen often even though the Volge have attacked them.

Epshiluss
09-08-2013, 10:22 AM
Seems to me that if you have over 50% of the capture points when the white bar is filled, you advance to the next stage. If not, you have to capture at least 50% of the cap points or kill the remaining Vogue

Indra Echo
09-08-2013, 11:08 AM
Seems to me that if you have over 50% of the capture points when the white bar is filled, you advance to the next stage. If not, you have to capture at least 50% of the cap points or kill the remaining Vogue

Well that would make sense, except I've been in sieges where 2 of the 3 are not held and not captured again before the stage advances.

alienstookmybeer
09-08-2013, 11:10 AM
Thanks everyone for the info.

I think you're actually seeing the same thing. It only advances to the next stage when all the Volge are killed.

It seems like it should work that way and that's what I first thought. But I'm certain I saw the east cappoint at Kinship swarming with Volge when the stage suddenly advanced. It looked like the Volge I was facing just popped back into that little sphere you see when they first appear and vanished. That's what got me wondering how exactly these things advance if there were still Volge left?

3rdpig
09-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Thanks everyone for the info.

It seems like it should work that way and that's what I first thought. But I'm certain I saw the east cappoint at Kinship swarming with Volge when the stage suddenly advanced. It looked like the Volge I was facing just popped back into that little sphere you see when they first appear and vanished. That's what got me wondering how exactly these things advance if there were still Volge left?

I've seen the same thing too. I've seen stages end while I'm shooting at a Viscara and his shields aren't even halfway down. Boom! Stage ended, more Volge incoming. I've just chalked it up to lag, which there's more than enough in sieges.

August Barkley
09-08-2013, 11:32 AM
Sometimes the stage can not end until you kill the last bomber. I always see it in the Bath.

nikra
09-08-2013, 11:37 AM
I have always thought it was because we have some time limit on a stage, so 20 people aren't running to one spot to kill a couple volge or standing around like a bellend for a minute or two because it's taking people too long to finish the stage.

cusman
09-08-2013, 12:40 PM
The way Sieges advance is by points earned in each round. Points are earned by killing enemies.

At max you have to kill every enemy to get enough points to advance the siege. You will notice the white bar fill up as you get kills/points. There are times when you will notice the siege advance before everything is dead. This is because you get bonus points under certain situations.

* If you are holding all 3 capture points everybody gets up to 30% bonus points
* If you get Attack or Defense kills, you get bonus points (but attack kills bonus are offset by lack of the capture point bonus)
* If you get the kill shot I think (as opposed to turret kill, you get bonus points. on assist kill at least someone got the bonus points)

All of this means, stay at/near the capture point and treat defense as the highest priority. The only Volge that actually capture points are the Troopers and Elite Troopers so prioritize killing them whenever they get near the capture point.

Tips:

For troopers, their head gives critical hit damage. If they are at a capture point doing the capture thing, shoot them in the head and they will drop out of the capture attempt.

Take out Bombers using your secondary long range weapons. Semi-Auto with Overcharge shooting the critical shiny spot on their bellies or backs takes them out the quickest.

Take out Viscera mid-range with your favorite AR, SMG, LMG, or even Shotty, but when they blur to distance or when they are blurriing, switch to your Semi-Auto or favorite other long-range weapon and shoot them in the head. You can disable their charging with enough critical damage and get a bunch of bonus damage on them. Don't run around after them. Their head and weapon arm give critical hit damage.

Go for critical hit damage always. Once you do enough critical damage, the Troopers and Bombers bend over and offer their head for more critical damage opportunity. The Viscera generally need to be shot in the head while they are standing, walking, or doing the blur charge but can also be shot in their charge weapon arm when they are using it.

Use perks like Prepared and Scavenger that ensure your guns are always ready to shoot. Use time in between siege rounds to repair/upgrade turrets and refill on ammo.

alienstookmybeer
09-08-2013, 04:32 PM
You will notice the white bar fill up as you get kills/points.

The white bar! Now that you mention it I think I did see a white bar but I was too busy shooting and dying to give it a second thought. Thanks for that, I will need to keep my eye on it. Are you saying kill shot bonuses count, but not turrent kill bonuses?

Also good tips, let me contribute a couple I've learned:

-Don't stand right at point A if you get to the siege early as that kicks it off. If you let more people arrive before it begins, then you should have a better chance of sucessfully progressing the siege through stage 10.

-Try to watch where you lead the viscera when you get in trouble - try to keep them in sight of the turrets! Leading the viscera into a building at Kinship can easily waste minutes

Ray186
09-08-2013, 05:23 PM
This is one of the best threads I've read.