PDA

View Full Version : Im confused...are servers up?

Rabid Cat
04-01-2013, 10:04 PM
Are the US servers up? I thought midnight eastern time was the go time... Now my patch screen says 8 am :eek: Whats goin on here?

LTxDaNx81
04-01-2013, 10:16 PM
I would really like to know as it is almost midnight here?

Whirlpool
04-01-2013, 10:18 PM
Says 8am for me i'm in the UK so i havent a clue what the real time is

gryste
04-01-2013, 10:22 PM
There up for somepeople but not for others, As time goes on this starts looking more and more like a server problem.

Hugh Jorgen
04-01-2013, 10:32 PM
Are the US servers up? I thought midnight eastern time was the go time... Now my patch screen says 8 am :eek: Whats goin on here?

This is disapointing because I cancelled my CE preorder at Gamestop so I could get it at midnight. Had I known it was 8am it would changed that decision. Now I have sacrificed my CE and preorder goodies and still cant play.

A s0t
04-01-2013, 10:33 PM
yeah just wait for the patches to download it fine east coast usa watching opening cut scene

MrManiacMatt
04-01-2013, 10:34 PM
Same here I'm in Ohio and I can't get on the server either. Not a good start at al for this game. Makes me worry if this game will fail due to a lack of efficency.

Avoids
04-01-2013, 10:34 PM
This is disapointing because I cancelled my CE preorder at Gamestop so I could get it at midnight. Had I known it was 8am it would changed that decision. Now i have sacraficed my CE and preorder goodies and still cant play.

I went to a pre order at my gamestop and still cannot connect!!!!

Rabid Cat
04-01-2013, 10:39 PM
I finally got in

Avoids
04-01-2013, 10:41 PM
how?? im jelly!

MrManiacMatt
04-01-2013, 10:44 PM
Must b nice I still can't log in. Have the game and patches downloaded. Did not do the beta version. It still says I gotta wait till 8 am.

Avoids
04-01-2013, 10:45 PM
im not even getting a time, just tells me no!

MrManiacMatt
04-01-2013, 10:49 PM
Wow that sucks. I am very disappointed thus far in the game, heck I can't even play the thing. Someone from support needs to get on the ball. This is not a good way to start off at all.

Mordamere
04-01-2013, 10:52 PM
Trust me I have been to many Betas, Pre-Launches and Early Access Game events. Think about this, has anyone seen advertisement for Early Access as Pre-Order Bonus? NO! Ok then so no midnight release :)

Among Pre-Order bonus it said nothing of Early Access :) . That usually causes major retailers to have midnight releases. Servers are NOT up, read carefully NOT up!

Anyone telling you they in game are Liars period. 8 AM sounds bout right, in fact prep yourselves for update soon as disc is in then bottle-neck login so 10 am is a possible :P .

Only reason UK may have gotten them early is some holiday snafu over week end, they only get to look at their copies is all. PC players are able to do early DL so as not to swamp servers at launch time.

So either get some rest or go out or do research, just relax , your not missing out on anything.

BarrenVizard
04-01-2013, 10:54 PM
WWOOOT IM IN THE GAME IDK HOW...but my brother says play and he cant get in it says CRITCAL servers arent up yet or something but then it says Start And takes him right back in the Start menu

MrManiacMatt
04-01-2013, 10:55 PM
Do you know what 8am? Which timezone they are using? As for the rest of ur comments I dont expect a early release. I do though expect when I BUY a game to be able to play it. I know its a crazy thought.

BarrenVizard
04-01-2013, 10:56 PM
If im lying..add me and see im in the game right now xTDCx Oenomaus

Mordamere
04-01-2013, 10:56 PM
8 am PDT, I know you expect to play soon as you have it, usually an offline or single player thing, this is an MMO ( welcome to my world ) no offline mode so server reliance is a factor, but you will LOVE it :)

gryste
04-01-2013, 10:58 PM
Trust me I have been to many Betas, Pre-Launches and Early Access Game events. Think about this, has anyone seen advertisement for Early Access as Pre-Order Bonus? NO! Ok then so no midnight release :)

Among Pre-Order bonus it said nothing of Early Access :) . That usually causes major retailers to have midnight releases. Servers are NOT up, read carefully NOT up!

Anyone telling you they in game are Liars period. 8 AM sounds bout right, in fact prep yourselves for update soon as disc is in then bottle-neck login so 10 am is a possible :P .

Only reason UK may have gotten them early is some holiday snafu over week end, they only get to look at their copies is all. PC players are able to do early DL so as not to swamp servers at launch time.

So either get some rest or go out or do research, just relax , your not missing out on anything.

You should maybe do research before spouting drivel

PunkFaceKiller72
04-01-2013, 10:58 PM
I finally got in

Cute kitty

akal575
04-01-2013, 11:01 PM
Is anyone else getting the message, "Critical: The Defiance service is not available. Please try again later."?

I am on east coast, ran out to Wal-mart to buy the game. I did not play beta so have no pre-existing files on my xbox. I have everything fully patched and when I hit play it says connecting to server then I get booted back to the main menu where it says "Press Start" I press start, says it connects then I just get booted back to the main screen again. It's a vicious circle.

Please tell me I'm not the only one getting this message?

MrManiacMatt
04-01-2013, 11:02 PM
Got in as well just not

Roadkill74
04-01-2013, 11:05 PM
Where is the download link @ i pre ordered and still haven't gotten a e-mail or anything.

AstralDissonance
04-01-2013, 11:10 PM
Is anyone else getting the message, "Critical: The Defiance service is not available. Please try again later."?

I am on east coast, ran out to Wal-mart to buy the game. I did not play beta so have no pre-existing files on my xbox. I have everything fully patched and when I hit play it says connecting to server then I get booted back to the main menu where it says "Press Start" I press start, says it connects then I just get booted back to the main screen again. It's a vicious circle.

Please tell me I'm not the only one getting this message?

You aren't. Myself and others appear to be experiencing the very same thing.
While it is a bit of a letdown, there's not much that can be done. Wait it out -- I plan to get some sleep so I'll be ready to jump in the game tomorrow.

Flavvor
04-01-2013, 11:23 PM
I know there doing a soft opening to the game to fix stuff. I'm sure they will let more people in as the night goes on. I bet there doing this so all the missions Aren't zerged. On that note WTF I WANT TO PLAY!!!!!!

BarrenVizard
04-01-2013, 11:28 PM
Just an idea we came up with..IDK for sure people dont hate me for trying to help..BUT! what if people who played the beta can get in early?...then again i also have read that it will be NO EARLY ACESS!..but im in the game with along another person he's going ahead in the game not me..im trying to help anyway i can guys!

gryste
04-01-2013, 11:31 PM
Not the issue

BarrenVizard
04-01-2013, 11:31 PM
Yep my brother is getting that but im in the game...are you the person i just talked to on xbox?

Mordamere
04-01-2013, 11:33 PM
You should maybe do research before spouting drivel

THATS ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY? l at least am offering a viable explanation as well as answering a question. With Fact!

Let me I guess explain, yes IF you have disc , sure you put it in and no doubt update, doesn't mean you're in game, actually playing as some are claiming. Severs are not up period, you have frustrated players here, now come on seriously. This is Fact unless an Admin comes on and states different.

Think , fact is no early access to game play.

Some as I stated earlier happen to get them at Walmart thinking on getting a leg up etc.

Others well ,
"Only reason UK may have gotten them early is some holiday snafu over week end, they only get to look at their copies is all. PC players are able to do early DL so as not to swamp servers at launch time".

That Means you :D, update and stare at your case is all.

I forgot someone said If I don't believe them look up their Live ID means Nothing , course if your on and with disc, yes its gonna say online "Defiance" LOL, just tells me you're either updating OR clicking to try an log in repeatedly like your life depended on it .

BarrenVizard
04-01-2013, 11:37 PM
You know the beta isnt working anymore...add my gt xTDCx Oenomaus and i'll give proof im in the game

BarrenVizard
04-01-2013, 11:38 PM
it'll say exploring paradise...i can do all the in game chat stuff too.

Hugh Jorgen
04-01-2013, 11:42 PM
Just got in. I am doing the character creation. I couldnt link my account but will try again after tutorial.