PDA

View Full Version : This is why they are nerfing our gear

Bolgor_TheHound
09-08-2013, 03:25 PM
every time they have nerfed an item..it was an item of high value sought after by most of the community ....everything they do is to promote the trading of the "Best weapons & Gear" usually weapons anchored in some big traders inventory...

think about it.....

how hard wast it to acquire a ground pounder before the mag bonus nerf

How hard was is it to get a grind fragger before the mag bones nerf considering some had 24-34 rounds in them and then how much easier did it become to get one after the second round of nerfing...

how hard was it to get a good immunizer before the they took away the strain reducer....then how easy did it become to get an immunizer after the second round of nerfing they went thru.....P.S THEY WILL END UP SINGLING OUT THE CANKER FOR NERFING SOON JUST WATCH.watching trions actions i do believe the canker is next in line for nerfing because it has gained high value to the trade community due to the fall of the immunizer and other simi auto infecter's that are no-longer combat effective

How amazingly hard was it to get a saw...even one with bad rolls before they nerfed it....now i see saw's for trade all day and anyone can attain one now for 3 quarters less of an offer

NOW THEY WILL TAKE OUT THE GRENADES...
THEY WILL BE TWEAKING THE REFRESH ON GRENADES BUT THINK ABOUT THAT FOR A SECOND...The pro 55z grenade is the best in the game and why is that...because it has the power of a pro 55w but it has a faster Refresh time...now if they change that...having any pro 55z grenade suddenly means nothing as it is no different from the rest of the legendary grenades....wondering what they will nerf next?? ...all you have to do is ask yourself what does the trade community value most

August Barkley
09-08-2013, 03:30 PM
They are nerfing our gear because of P-V-P whiners.

Holy Bahamut3
09-08-2013, 03:31 PM
every item they have nerfed an item..it was an item of high value sought after by most of the community ....everything they do is to promote the trading of the "Best weapons & Gear" usually weapons anchored in some big traders inventory...

think about it.....

How hard was is it to get a grind fragger before the mag bones nerf considering some had 24-34 rounds in them and then how much easier did it become to get one after the second round of nerfing...

how hard was it to get a good immunizer before the they took away the strain reducer....then how easy did it become to get an immunizer after the second round of nerfing they went thru.....P.S THEY WILL END UP SINGLING OUT THE CANKER FOR NERFING SOON JUST WATCH.watching trions actions i do believe the canker is next in line for nerfing because it has gained high value to the trade community due to the fall of the immunizer and other simi auto infecter's that are no-longer combat effective

How amazingly hard was it to get a saw...even one with bad rolls before they nerfed it....now i see saw's for trade all day and anyone can attain one now for 3 quarters less of an offer

THEY WILL BE TWEAKING THE REFRESH ON GRENADES BUT THINK ABOUT THAT FOR A SECOND...The pro 55z grenade is the best in the game and why is that...because it has the power of a pro 55w but it has a faster Refresh time...now if they change that...having any pro 55z grenade suddenly means nothing as it is no different from the rest of the legendary grenades....wondering what they will nerf next?? ...all you have to do is ask yourself what does the trade community value most

Harsh way of seeing things, but sadly I think you're on to something here.

Nefarious
09-08-2013, 04:31 PM
I don't mind the changes. Before they nerfed the Grind Fraggers and infectors everyone was using them, and only them. No one whined about how in PvP they were killed by these things. Ppl complained because these things were the only things being used. And it made PvP nothing but repetitive.

It has nothing to do with them looking at the trading forum and nerfing the items ppl are after.

It doesn't take a genus to see what things are Over Powered. Just by using certain guns to know that they are out of balance. Those are the things that get tweaked to be made good at a particular thing. Ppl were saying on day 1 infectors and grind fraggers were gonna be nerfed, it was that obvious.

DarknessEyes PT
09-08-2013, 04:51 PM
But you gonna be able to trow a grenade every 5 seconds with the chances...
Ohhh wait, you already can do that :)

I don't like the idea of limited grenades unless the % grenade recharges on kill/reload turns into % grenade refills on kill/reload.

Bolgor_TheHound
09-08-2013, 05:04 PM
But you gonna be able to trow a grenade every 5 seconds with the chances...
Ohhh wait, you already can do that :)

I don't like the idea of limited grenades unless the % grenade recharges on kill/reload turns into % grenade refills on kill/reload.

with the right weapon shield perk combo you already can throw grenades every 5 seconds and its unlimited.....they are ruining everything

Strontium Dog
09-08-2013, 05:09 PM
I don't mind the changes. Before they nerfed the Grind Fraggers and infectors everyone was using them, and only them. No one whined about how in PvP they were killed by these things. Ppl complained because these things were the only things being used. And it made PvP nothing but repetitive.

It has nothing to do with them looking at the trading forum and nerfing the items ppl are after.

It doesn't take a genus to see what things are Over Powered. Just by using certain guns to know that they are out of balance. Those are the things that get tweaked to be made good at a particular thing. Ppl were saying on day 1 infectors and grind fraggers were gonna be nerfed, it was that obvious.

Only in PvP.

Nerfs are caused in general by whiners and complainers in pvp. MMO devs tend to pander to them because the pvpers come across all "hardcore" and elite. They claim pve players are "carebears" soft, fat, and no use ingame. Yet if pve players called for a nerf to something that was of use in pvp lord help us all!

Another dev team that will find out hard way (look at pvp servers compared to pve in MOST mmos)

Strontium Dog
09-08-2013, 05:10 PM
with the right weapon shield perk combo you already can throw grenades every 5 seconds and its unlimited.....they are ruining everything

No they are not dont talk nonsense. The damage from a nade is cool or the stun is nice but its not ruining everything at all.

Bolgor_TheHound
09-08-2013, 05:21 PM
No they are not dont talk nonsense. The damage from a nade is cool or the stun is nice but its not ruining everything at all.

its not nonsense....they are simply ruining everything one patch at a time...........these "hot fixes" are not fixing anything when i hear that term i think of voice chat,boosts and connection issues being addressed (but yea right smh they will get to those issues eventually).......patching or fixing something implies that it was broken and not functioning...none of the items they so called patched or fixed was broken at all...those items were just fine

Maixx
09-08-2013, 05:31 PM
I could tolerate the nerfs, the changes ect... It's the broken crap, the server instability that's the biggest problem. The fact that every fix breaks something else.

I could live with the nerfs if the game just f***ing worked.

GodSyko
09-08-2013, 05:41 PM
They nerf stuff because you guys always pointing things out just keep your mouths shut.

Bolgor_TheHound
09-08-2013, 05:43 PM
every time they do a patch to so called hot fix something...2 or 3 other random functions of the game randomly stop working which will just require another patch

August Barkley
09-08-2013, 05:53 PM
They nerf stuff because you guys always pointing things out just keep your mouths shut.

I agree. Many people boast: "Look at me, I'm so epic with a gun xxx". Shortly thereafter, "gun xxx" does circumcision.

Capitaldzilla
09-08-2013, 06:12 PM
every time they have nerfed an item..it was an item of high value sought after by most of the community ....everything they do is to promote the trading of the "Best weapons & Gear" usually weapons anchored in some big traders inventory...

think about it.....

I understand where you're coming from. I aquired a purple assassin immunizer before the nerfs. It was a devastating infector with it's fire rate, bug damage (and not to mention 10% bug damage for 5 seconds after shields fully recharge) I could probably sell it for a good 50k-60k with only 2 assassin synergy mods.

Since the nerfs its became a (meh) sort of gun. Don't get me wrong you can still kill with it, but you actually have to plan you actions carefully. I would use a bio grenade before i start my attack with the immunizer, shoot about 5-6 infector shots and hopefully (due to the nerfed infection times) finish a single person off in pvp with my secondary weapon.

If your statement about the canker ends up being next on the nerfing block, I think they'll cut the bug damage in half, cut the range in half, keep the rate of fire and (yet again) slow down the infection times.

If they wanna get people to use different weapons they need to buff the nerf the pellet damage on all shotguns with accuracy over 12 (EMC Auto Shotgun, FRC Heavy Scattergun, VOT Grind Fragger etc.) and double the amount of pellets that come out to compensate for the wide reticle. (Something like that i think.)

RealHoosier07
09-08-2013, 07:29 PM

The grenade refresh on a kill/reload will have to be changed. It will probably now be grenade refill on a kill/reload. If so, then it makes it even better because you can throw them out quickly, and then use a gun that refills it when you run out. In that case, it won't make much of a difference.

RealHoosier07
09-08-2013, 07:33 PM
its not nonsense....they are simply ruining everything one patch at a time...........these "hot fixes" are not fixing anything when i hear that term i think of voice chat,boosts and connection issues being addressed (but yea right smh they will get to those issues eventually).......patching or fixing something implies that it was broken and not functioning...none of the items they so called patched or fixed was broken at all...those items were just fine

Yes it is nonsense bro. This game is far too easy..everything can be solo'd with ease and the enemies aren't hard to fight at all. Even the Volge are easy. Anything that they do to make this game harder, I'm all for it. I want a challenge..and this game offers very little in the challenging department.

SSlarg
09-08-2013, 07:36 PM

this is why I am Done with pvp....just one more contract and...

Platnium! then no more pvp for me lol.

thejx4
09-08-2013, 08:30 PM
I've gone through at least 30 SAWs before I hit ego 2000 (which was a few weeks ago) and I barely played. I have five in my inventory. Scrapped so many Immunizers and Cankers it isn't even funny. Ground Pounder was kinda uncommon...but other than that, no.

Indra Echo
09-09-2013, 04:57 AM
I'd believe that was the reason if not for the reasons Trick gave for changing grenade mechanics. There's no way any of that makes sense in relation to PvP. If it were a question of merely nerfing the grenades then maybe, but nothing he said was any reason anyone ever stated.

I have always said that the reason things get nerfed is a combination of things-first off, if it's a PvP problem then there are still things that work differently (and favor some players in PvP), than they do in PvE.

The other is that things like the Strain Reducer were glitched-it didn't work as intended. If it did then it would have said it turns it into a full automatic.

The issue also was one of the game all too quickly degenerating into a race to get one or two weapons-it did become more about a couple orange weapons and the marketplace and less about doing any of the events in the game to try and see what else is out there.

I can't say that they've done any of this in a good way, but I don't see it being all about PvP whiners, either. I don't think complaining about anything is whining and think that's unfair. I do think there are valid and less valid complaints about weapons or about any game that becomes one where everyone is using the same "build" all the time. Talk about boring, and things that get people to leave the game. Why do you think no one wants to play PvP? In part, it's because it ends up being always fighting against the clone army.

In some games now, everyone is bunny hopping with detonators and rocket launchers. I'd rather stick hot pokers in my eyes then ever play against these clones again.

But it wasn't just about or even mainly about PvP-and if it was, then there was a better way to handle it than to nerf things across the board.

The grenades don't seem to have anything much to do with PvP at all as far as what they're planning. That seems to have more to do with scrip and trying to get us to pay real money for boosts and things. One way will probably be different packs with grenade stacks, stims, and sticks in them.

Strontium Dog
09-09-2013, 05:08 AM

Ah that i agree with but you made it look like you meant greandes were ruining everything :P

Yeah trion are on self destruct right now

August Barkley
09-09-2013, 05:27 AM
Why do you think no one wants to play PvP?
Because it`s crap.

Well, if we are talking about grenades, then I tend to to agree that it's probably not because of pvp. They just want to do it, and they did. Moreover, they gave us stupid excuses for their actions, which ... I do not know what to say. Apparently, some developers want to create the appearance of "flurry of activity".

- Hey, boss! Look at us, we`re working! We can create fckn` epic game changer!
- Ok, guys. I will not fire you. For Now.

Indra Echo
09-09-2013, 05:30 AM
Yes it is nonsense bro. This game is far too easy..everything can be solo'd with ease and the enemies aren't hard to fight at all. Even the Volge are easy. Anything that they do to make this game harder, I'm all for it. I want a challenge..and this game offers very little in the challenging department.

Then go melee everything.

Just because you are this amazing player that can easily defeat everything singlehandedly (that's because foes' difficulty scales with the amount of people fighting them), doesn't mean everyone can do what you can do.

If they wanted to just nerf the grenade then they could have done that. But they're changing their whole mechanics. There isn't some grenade refresh upon a kill thing (because as yet they have not decided how to deal with any bonuses or perks or synergies related to this).

What they're doing is somehow taking grenades out of our inventory (so our inventory won't be cluttered) and replacing them basically with placeholders--no word yet on whether we can sell or trade them or even how to get them.

The only 100% sure way to get stacks of the same grenades you have is to purchase them from vendors. Otherwise, you will wait for random drops of grenade "loot", which probably will be able to be boosted by buying loot boosts, or by using something (stims or stick) to get smart grenade loot, which doesn't guarantee anything except you will get grenades. You'll get grenades of the same rarity or lower than you already have (or have the "placeholder" for), but not necessarily the same grenade and not necessarily even something close to the same grenade. The guarantee is that you'll get grenades rather than hoping for random drops.

Indra Echo
09-09-2013, 05:32 AM
Because it`s crap.

Well, if we are talking about grenades, then I tend to to agree that it's probably not because of pvp. They just want to do it, and they did. Moreover, they gave us stupid excuses for their actions, which ... I do not know what to say. Apparently, some developers want to create the appearance of "flurry of activity".

- Hey, boss! Look at us, we`re working! We can create fckn` epic game changer!
- Ok, guys. I will not fire you. For Now.

I tend to think it's for the scrip/real money boosts and wanting people to pay for loot boosts (loot grenade--better chance). I think it's why loot of all kind is being played around with and loot tables changed, as well.

August Barkley
09-09-2013, 05:36 AM
Yes, I share the view of boost motive. However, it's stupid of them. I use no more than 3-4 grenades. And I will not buy a boost for the sake of grenades. I will use my Detonator, Clustershot, Northstar Flare... :D Maybe they are not as effective in a number of cases, but they work.

Why do we have to wait? The bullets will become paid stuff one day? :)

Dracian
09-09-2013, 05:38 AM

this is why I am Done with pvp....just one more contract and...

Platnium! then no more pvp for me lol.

Only in PvP.

Nerfs are caused in general by whiners and complainers in pvp. MMO devs tend to pander to them because the pvpers come across all "hardcore" and elite. They claim pve players are "carebears" soft, fat, and no use ingame. Yet if pve players called for a nerf to something that was of use in pvp lord help us all!

Another dev team that will find out hard way (look at pvp servers compared to pve in MOST mmos)

Whoa, so much hate... If it wasn't making me laugh, I'd probably be shocked.

Fact is, and trolling aside, PvE doesn't require a precise weapon balance, because no matter the gun you use, you'll still be able to kick Jackleg Joe or Nim's *sses, survive a Volge siege or farm arkfalls. Even with a Slugger, a Bull Rush, a VBI SMG or even a Guided Rocket Launcher, PvE is so easy that every single weapon feels overpowered. Being OP, OP+1 or OP+9001 doesn't change anything : once a baddy is dead, well, he's dead... No need to inflict a gazillion DMG more.

In PvP, that's different, you compete against other people : things need to be more balanced, every play style must have the same chances to win, skill being the ultimate factor to decide who will win and who will lose. Equal chances, may the one who has the more skills, training and hard work win. You can't have absurdly overpowered weapons that will kill you no matter your play style. To the contrary of PvE, you can't have I-win weapons.

And just sayin', but who would pay a bazillion scrip for your Big Boomers/Cankers/Nano-Fraggers if PvP wasn't here ? ;)

Indra Echo
09-09-2013, 05:47 AM

Fact is, and trolling aside, PvE doesn't require a precise weapon balance, because no matter the gun you use, you'll still be able to kick Jackleg Joe or Nim's *sses, survive a Volge siege or farm arkfalls. Even with a Slugger, a Bull Rush, a VBI SMG or even a Guided Rocket Launcher, PvE is so easy that every single weapon feels overpowered. Being OP, OP+1 or OP+9001 doesn't change anything : once a baddy is dead, well, he's dead... No need to inflict a gazillion DMG more.

In PvP, that's different, you compete against other people : things need to be more balanced, every play style must have the same chances to win, skill being the ultimate factor to decide who will win and who will lose. Equal chances, may the one who has the more skills, training and hard work win. You can't have absurdly overpowered weapons that will kill you no matter your play style. To the contrary of PvE, you can't have I-win weapons.

And just sayin', but who would pay a bazillion scrip for your Big Boomers/Cankers/Nano-Fraggers if PvP wasn't here ?

It depends on your personal experience-I find them easy enough but I can sit there using a really good weapon and shoot and shoot at something and then watch someone else run around one shot killing everything-and I don't mean just the one thing he's shooting at, but I mean everything drops dead at once. It happens at sieges too. And yesterday for the first time, it was kind of happening to me, no matter what weapon I used foes were dying quickly-I never got the bulk kills I've seen, but I'd shoot at a Volge and get the kill shot and as I was shooting their HP was dropping rapidly--first time ever in this game for me. And I was using the same Canker I've used for a lot of PvE things.

I even tried a BMG and wonder of wonder, it was causing foes to drop like flies very fast. I believe that the more vacant the phase the more likely you will have a better connection to the server, so maybe my connection was just better at one point. I ended up starting one siege a stage 6 and got over 20k in that siege and it only went to stage 10.

Bolgor_TheHound
09-09-2013, 09:52 AM
ive noticed that the more enemies around the harder it is to kill the volge at the sieges

inox2980
09-09-2013, 09:59 AM
Only in PvP.

Agreed - but now that PVP is mostly dead, the nerfs were totally worth it... right? Right??

AngersRevenge
09-09-2013, 10:36 AM
....everything they do is to promote the trading of the "Best weapons & Gear" usually weapons anchored in some big traders inventory...

If this was the case then they would have an auction house type system in game or some player hub where people could spam chat looking for a weapon.

BlackxReaper
09-09-2013, 10:42 AM
they nerf our items because of the oversights they made not expecting or relizing that a sawed off with rolling thunder and a mag exp roll makes it fire 3 shots instead of 2 . or that the big boomer witch was ment for anti vehicle purposes . is extreamly over powerd when used against players . the canker ment to keep shields down were never ment to be spammed . there nerfing to fix the mistakes and oversights . the reason most items that are nerfed are the expencive ones is because the players know how to use these to our advantage .

PseudoCool
09-09-2013, 10:44 AM

And just sayin', but who would pay a bazillion scrip for your Big Boomers/Cankers/Nano-Fraggers if PvP wasn't here ? ;)

Yay.. we've found the first one to crawl out of the wood work and tell us how UN-balanced PvP is for his Uber-L337-5k177z! Awesome.. now while your at it.. how about you tell me, and the rest of the casual or everyday non-power-gamers how these weapons are so OP in PvE that your PvP DEMANDS they be nerfed into near uselessness?

And maybe I've been gaming for far too long, but wasn't PvP SUPPOSED to be about the skill, not the "balance so everyone has a chance to win" mentality that's been creeping up in the last few years? Yes.. yes.. I think somewhere back in the dark corridors of my memory I remember that being the case, back before the PvP hacks and cheats started to ravage every games PvP areas.. back before the whiner cry-babies started flooding the game forums with "ohhh.. I got wacked by X weapon, it must be overpowered!" (see my avatar, that's how I see you whiner-PvP types, not all PvP players, just the whiners)...

Now.. as much as your going to hate to hear it, and I'm sure other players will as well.. a game that wants to survive MUST cater to ALL SKILL LEVELS of players. Not just the uber-leet-skillz PvP players, but even to the casual everyday gamer who puts maybe 3 hours a WEEK into a game. Market studies show that the casual player actually spends MORE MONEY on a game through micro-transactions than the "pro player" does on anything in any game. Look at every market study done, in every type of game.. the same thing comes out. So what does someone like Defiance and Trion do? Do they make the game so hard that the cash-cow's of the casual players can't play it anymore, or do they make it so there's no challenge in it for anyone? That's the balance. And that balance has a lot less to do with nerfing the FOTM in PvP than you "pro-PvP'ers" would like to believe. You make up less than 10% of ANY gaming community, the casuals.. they make up on average more than 40%. Your markets share is less than TWO PERCENT (by numerous studies) of a games income, the casual gamer is more than 70% of a games post-purchase income (ie micro transactions).

YOU are the MINORITY!
YOUR opinions, while valid, DO NOT CONSTITUTE nerfing this whole game for YOUR LEVEL, and damn everyone who's not there!

And most importantly.. your nerfs need to STOP!

The best "balanced" systems for weapons/skills/etc that are in games, are games that cater to BOTH sides of the coin by having INDIVIDUAL difficulty settings, and INDIVIDUAL PvP stats on weapons. It's a HUGE amount of coding and tweaking that have to be done, but the reality is, it can actually completely revitalize a totally non-existant pvp community. I've seen it done before. This is the ONLY SYSTEM that works.. it cates to the Ubers who think it's too easy, and it caters to the casuals who think it's challenging. Rewards go up as you adjust your difficulty, so then everyone's happy.

Until Defiance puts in a system like that (that was talked about as far back as late December fyi).. the PvP and the infamous holy grail of "PvP vs PvE balance" is never going to be found. Doesn't matter what you come up with, it's the only system that truly works.

PseudoCool
09-09-2013, 10:47 AM
Agreed - but now that PVP is mostly dead, the nerfs were totally worth it... right? Right??

I think your correct.. the nerfs where ALMOST worth it.. now when PvP is TOTALLY DEAD, then I'll agree they where worth it :)

Wiggle Pooh
09-09-2013, 11:11 AM
how do you PvP with only 3 people queueing up anyway? circle jerk?

xxdarkxwarxx
09-09-2013, 11:55 AM

yes 1000000 times yes

usagi2607
09-09-2013, 01:48 PM

Agree. Every single time...
1st, they never admit that they suck but just whining when they got killed -> because that gun is OP -.-
2nd, the gun which killed them is not their favorite weapon -> nerf nerf nerf.

Valaska
09-09-2013, 02:27 PM

Ahahaha no.