PDA

View Full Version : Patcher just screwed me over for the night..

Brynnza
04-01-2013, 10:14 PM
So I had 87GB of 100GB used on my data and the game downloaded to about 90% and had upped my usage to around 96GB..

Then we had an internet hiccup, common in my city.. Instead of the Patcher resuming from the state it was in, it instantly undid everything it had done, and started at 0% again. No error, abort message, just casually restarted itself.

So, now to complete the download again I have to exceed my limit, which means dropping to 25KBps, essentially meaning im out until my internet resets in two damned weeks..

Not amused.

Sylvr
04-01-2013, 11:26 PM
I feel your pain, my friend. I actually did get in tonight, and played for a few hours before the game crashed, and when I resumed, patcher has cleared my data and I'm in for another full download. Come on Trion, I expected buggy patcher issues around beta.. heck I redownloaded the darn thing three times to try the last 30min of Beta 3.. but on launch night? Ugh.

Brynnza
04-01-2013, 11:51 PM
Its not something you expect when there are literally hundreds of thousands of open source client managers out there that do the job, unlike this one.
The game, brilliant, but the patcher, the core requirement to play the game in the first place, you'd think they'd put more than 10 seconds into making that stable.