PDA

View Full Version : Please stop "fixing" things that work

Bonehead
09-08-2013, 06:08 PM
From JxSiN
"
Plus, this talk of antiquing from the live stream has me concerned. Now it seems like instead of fixing weapons they are breaking or going to break (like grenadier weapons), they would rather players just sell them to vendors. Never mind all the hard work that goes into obtaining oranges, even ones with crap rolls like self-revive bonuses."

Okay now grenades? stims? spikes? antiquing? etc....
I don't want to play firefall.
I want to play Defiance.
Please stop fixing the stuff that works fine.
Please.

Rasczak
09-08-2013, 06:13 PM
From JxSiN
"
Plus, this talk of antiquing from the live stream has me concerned. Now it seems like instead of fixing weapons they are breaking or going to break (like grenadier weapons), they would rather players just sell them to vendors. Never mind all the hard work that goes into obtaining oranges, even ones with crap rolls like self-revive bonuses."

Okay now grenades? stims? spikes? antiquing? etc....
I don't want to play firefall.
I want to play Defiance.
Please stop fixing the stuff that works fine.
Please.

Well, I don't play Firefall, but if that is how Firefall does things, then it's a sure sign they see the game as a threat.

SOE was known for this same knee-jerk development reaction in the first few years of WoW's launch. In both EQ2 and SWG, they removed what made those games enjoyable for the respective player bases, in lieu of making them more like features WoW offered as a means of stopping people from jumping ship.

MMO History 101: It failed. People left anyway, and even those who were otherwise loyal to SWG and EQ2 in the first place finally had enough of it, and bailed.

Trion should remember the time-honored adage: Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Dark3nd Av3ng3r
09-08-2013, 06:29 PM
Yeah, I'm in agreeance with you. Thankfully, this game is only holding me over until Destiny releases, then, since the game has lost all value, it's off to the dust pile with the other games I won't get rid of because they're worthless and pick up every once in a while.

Heck, I may not play this much longer anyhow, I'm getting Diablo 3 soon enough as it is and I think it will be occupying a fair amount of my time.

IMHO, DLC 1 may not have been what we were promised, but it got me playing the game again. I've been grinding my way through levels since I met some new people on here that love this game to death so I always have people to play with and grind levels with. Only sucky part is at 1435 EGO, my weapons are unusable by all but one of the guys I play with. DLC doesn't sound good yet though, and I may not stick around long enough to find out what will happen with it.