PDA

View Full Version : When in a volge siege...just extract

VicousBlood
09-09-2013, 01:47 AM
So while I was at work, I decided to join a volge Siege somewhere around 3:30 A.M CST. I never noticed before, (because usually in daylight hours US time there are a lot more players) how many people were waiting to be revived after dropping.

Just extract, I say this for 2 reasons. The first being if you press and hold "T" the moment you die before the notification pops up to press "T" to extract, you immediately respawn, meaning you don't have to wait for the bar to fill to extract, you extract & respawn the moment you die. You can even hold "T" before you die. You also respawn in the siege area so there is no need to drive back to the siege, regular or fast extraction. Second, and this is good news for those that use overcharge or blur, when you extract your ego power will also reset.

So by fast extracting you have immediate respawn + ego power reset. You can do more damage and waste less time waiting on someone to revive you.

melkathi
09-09-2013, 01:51 AM
Also, unlike major Arkfalls, there is no pursuit to revive 100 players at sieges ;)

VicousBlood
09-09-2013, 03:46 AM
I don't mind reviving people. It's just, why waste time waiting for a revive, instead of maximizing the time they have to do more damage?

Dracian
09-09-2013, 03:57 AM
While I completely agree with you, there's only one occurence when people downed should not extract themselves : when the nearest cap point is under Volge control. Downed players can cap points if they manage to crawl to the cap zone.

Dunno if it's a bug or intended feature, but it was damn useful sometimes to have a friend crawling to the point in order to regain control of the Turrets and releasing the pressure.

inox2980
09-09-2013, 10:00 AM
Also, unlike major Arkfalls, there is no pursuit to revive 100 players at sieges ;)

Good God, don't give them any ideas!!

alienstookmybeer
09-09-2013, 10:47 AM
Great tip, thanks! Was too worried I'd be unable to get back into the siege if I did that. I'll have to try that the next time my self-rez can't bail me out. Beats waiting there in a pool of my own blood while my chances of 20k slip away.

August Barkley
09-09-2013, 10:59 AM
I always do the extraction.

There is only one reason to avoid it when you capture a point.

Players need to know the following. To capture a point, you can lie on it incapacitated! Moreover, it even saves time, because enemies will attack you without being distracted by your allies.

crasher
09-09-2013, 11:47 AM
I always do the extraction.

There is only one reason to avoid it when you capture a point.

Players need to know the following. To capture a point, you can lie on it incapacitated! Moreover, it even saves time, because enemies will attack you without being distracted by your allies.

Still cant figure out why it takes so long to recapture a point when me and 2 other guys are standing around it for 20-30-40 seconds with no badguys around.

I'll have to try that part in red..
I've won often enough, and the Volge Cache loot does kind of suxor half the time when you're over 40K anyway, that I'm willing to lay there and take one for the team.

All I want out of it is for the guys that are shooting at the distracted Volge to think kindly of me.