PDA

View Full Version : Why are the hills so empty?

Sherpa
09-09-2013, 03:55 AM
You cant drive 200 metres without being surprised by Volge but there are acres of hillside with nothing at all there. Surely the hills should be full of 99rs mining and hellbug nests. Make people work for the faction quests by having to hunt creatures down in awkward places.
This would work even better if you opened up new areas but right now there is about 25% of the game area that is seriously underused.
You could put hidden travelling vendors and better still arkfalls in difficult to get to places. Spread those volge emergencies out a bit, maybe even have them building bases if left alone for too long. Give us an incentive to explore the world you have created. Please dont send us on a treasure hunt for more data recorders as that got old very fast.

Epshiluss
09-09-2013, 04:04 AM
You mean putting random enemy's that travel from point A-B, rather than having set spawn locations such as emergency's?

melkathi
09-09-2013, 04:09 AM
I'd love a reverse siege scenario. The Volge digging in and the players having to stop them.

Etaew
09-09-2013, 04:14 AM
I have spent some time traveling up the sides of hills and am sad that they are so barren. There is definitely space here for some sort of activity to help make the game feel less empty.

Thearl
09-09-2013, 05:15 AM
What gets me is the insane number of E-Rep Volge checkpoints. I have a gut feeling that the E-rep is profiling.

Erei
09-09-2013, 06:57 AM
If you talk about the west hills, that span across half the map, I always thought they planned to add content there. Or it was removed content. Something planned but removed, like in LOTRO, there are huge place that are empty (SW of Bree comes to mind), but still have hills, some ruins and trees. Even Evendim was in the game when it was released, but empty until they made it a playable area.

August Barkley
09-09-2013, 07:01 AM
If the hills will also be befouled by Volge, I will leave this game.

Indra Echo
09-09-2013, 08:39 AM
What gets me is the insane number of E-Rep Volge checkpoints. I have a gut feeling that the E-rep is profiling.

They are the Cerberus of Defiance, sort of. (Vague Mass Effect 3 reference since that game never had an event that Cerberus wasn't part of).

JustinM19
09-09-2013, 08:43 AM
They are the Cerberus of Defiance, sort of. (Vague Mass Effect 3 reference since that game never had an event that Cerberus wasn't part of).

I speak for the Illusive man when I say that is not true. We only care about the well being of humanity!

Bob Blunderbust
09-09-2013, 12:10 PM
they are empty because the hills have eyes

Mr Creamer
09-09-2013, 12:27 PM

I was waiting for this referance

Sanguinesun
09-09-2013, 12:33 PM
Given that the game has severe difficulty rendering more than a handful of players at arkfalls properly due to poor optimization, Im not sure its a good idea at this juncture to be calling for more activities to fill up the dead spaces. :P

Frozen
09-09-2013, 03:29 PM
There has to be room for all the music

Mr Badger
09-12-2013, 01:49 PM
I, too, have noticed the disturbing lack of anything out in the hills. Why? I mean maybe adda hellbug nest or something? An ostrich farm or something.

Elastik Spastik
09-12-2013, 01:58 PM
They should put in monthly random secrets to give us incentives to go roam. Add caves or buildings or something we can go into and find stuff.

Bonehead
09-12-2013, 02:10 PM
There has to be room for all the music

ohhh thats a good one

royal
09-12-2013, 02:35 PM
A lot of good ideas here.

Even a pointless search for an easter egg (say, RIFT) would add something.

Sanguinesun
09-12-2013, 02:38 PM
A lot of good ideas here.

Even a pointless search for an easter egg (say, RIFT) would add something.

But they cant render the easter bunny to place em. It'll just look like generic default arkhunter guy. And that would be disturbing...

PunkMaister
09-12-2013, 08:09 PM
Hmm i have yet to find a place that has no hellbugs, mutants, volge or anything of any kind anywhere lurking around.