PDA

View Full Version : When does dlc 2 release?

r2nddan
09-09-2013, 07:14 AM
since i finished dlc 1 , i have been playing payday 2. has anyone heard when dlc 2 comes out for this game, and if it will have achievements?

MacDeath
09-09-2013, 07:34 AM
Not even a hint yet on when it will be ready to go live. It's not up on the Public Test Server yet.

TravelerX1
09-09-2013, 07:40 AM
Defiance FAQ:

Q: When will ________ happen?

A: *Soon*

August Barkley
09-09-2013, 07:44 AM
I do not care. While the development of this game is engaged by Trion, it has no future.

JustinM19
09-09-2013, 08:36 AM
I do not care. While the development of this game is engaged by Trion, it has no future.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Soren
09-09-2013, 10:48 AM
I'd imagine mid November. But that's just a guesstimate. Could be out in Octoberish or even Decemberish, but my best guess is that it won't be as long of a wait as DLC 1 was.

PseudoCool
09-09-2013, 10:51 AM
How about this for an answer: Not soon enough :)

Flank
09-09-2013, 11:03 AM
Defiance FAQ:

Q: When will ________ happen?

A: *Soon*

Yup.. and by "soon" you mean "soon with chance of change/prolonging".

Call Me Gus
09-09-2013, 11:07 AM
I'm going to say next year in May.

TravelerX1
09-09-2013, 11:11 AM
The title of this thread is vague and against the CoC.... you never mentioned for what game.

Bob Blunderbust
09-09-2013, 12:09 PM
I had heard its coming on the 35th of this mounth

cusman
09-09-2013, 12:20 PM
The title of this thread is vague and against the CoC.... you never mentioned for what game.

Do you wish to get banned again?

INSERT BITs before answering

TravelerX1
09-09-2013, 12:23 PM
Do you wish to get banned again?

INSERT BITs before answering

With each banning I grow stronger..... I can now crush dreams and hopes with a mere quiver of my thighs!

carl Akina
09-09-2013, 12:28 PM
Well it best be soon.season pass holders were promised 5 dlc in first year. Dont want the season pass to run out before we get what we are owed.

Katay Bri
09-09-2013, 12:57 PM
5 DLC this season. The new season of Defiance, for both game and show. doesn't start until next summer.

Arsenic_Touch
09-09-2013, 01:00 PM
5 DLC this season. The new season of Defiance, for both game and show. doesn't start until next summer.

They said within the first year of the game. They have until april 2nd by their own words. The show doesn't start up again until june and that may give them a wiggle room, they will probably need it.

Katay Bri
09-09-2013, 01:09 PM
They said within the first year of the game. They have until april 2nd by their own words. The show doesn't start up again until june and that may give them a wiggle room, they will probably need it.
Stand corrected. That's still doable, tho...I've seen MMOs add DLC on a bi-monthly schedule. Definitely a better deadline than end of 2013.

Sanguinesun
09-09-2013, 01:12 PM

For those of us who have been around for a long while, we're a tad more aware of how they've changed deadline for the DLCs more than once. First iteration of deadline for all the DLC's to be delivered was "this year" from a blog post 4ish months ago by Executive Producer Nathan Richardsson.

Since then he and most of the 150 dev staff for the game have been let go, their studio announced as shutting down and the remaining staff willing to move must move north to Trion's HQ 8 hours away.

Thus no surprise then that language and wording of when we're going to get the all the DLC has changed accordingly over time.

Just keep your fingers crossed as to it simply being delivered and in a manner and quality that you'll be satisfied with. That is what truly is going to at this point be the main challenge. Not "this year" or "this season" debacle of things. :P

Overtkill21
09-09-2013, 01:13 PM

Day One Defiance player here - used to play daily - every chance I got...what August says is very true. This game has no future. Take a look at their attempt at simply refunding scrip - LOL - do you really WANT a DLC2?

Detoxia
09-09-2013, 01:20 PM

Haha... he also failed to ask what new Rift promotion will be paired with the release of DLC, making this an irrelevant subject to the community devs.

Krazy Karen
09-09-2013, 01:23 PM
I'd imagine mid November. But that's just a guesstimate. Could be out in Octoberish or even Decemberish, but my best guess is that it won't be as long of a wait as DLC 1 was.

That would kill this game so badly....

They need to have it out by the end of Oct LATEST.

Anything else and no one, I mean NO ONE will be playing anymore!!

I have a friends list of 100.

About 40 were playing this when released.

30 a month later

about 15 around DLC

Now, out of the 100, maybe 2 still play....(these are some hardcore gamers too)

If they don't release it soon, like, KA BANG!

Rasczak
09-09-2013, 05:57 PM

30 a month later

about 15 around DLC

Unless DLC-2 is absolutely stellar and knocks it out of the ballpark, it doesn't matter when it releases. After the fiasco of DLC-1 and all the issues this game has had, and continues to have, except for the Season Pass holders who have left, and are likely to come play it for a week or so since they pre-paid for it, I doubt your friends list is going to see a resurrection.

I've already accepted that mine won't. They are long gone. Many, who I know from other games, don't even own Defiance anymore.

Muffinman
09-09-2013, 06:04 PM
Late October/Early November.

Muffinman
09-09-2013, 06:25 PM
Day One Defiance player here - used to play daily - every chance I got...what August says is very true. This game has no future. Take a look at their attempt at simply refunding scrip - LOL - do you really WANT a DLC2?

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/1756/0i05.png

Jester0587
09-09-2013, 10:06 PM

Agreed. Cut your losses, sell the game.

r2nddan
09-09-2013, 10:24 PM
any achievements coming?

pooch83
09-09-2013, 10:29 PM

30 a month later

about 15 around DLC

not downing you or anything. but many of people have said all the same things before DLC1 was released, if it doesnt come out by this date the game is dead, all my friends quit playing, etc. and here we are right back at square one with the same comments and opinions, and the game has yet to die. its ******ed cheap now, and that alone has brought in a sh*t ton of new players, the DLC1 has brought back a lot of players and new ones as well. people have given this game a life span of 2-6 months since launch, we are now on month 6 and its still kicking. one thing i have noticed tho, is the forums have been filled with a lot less "trolls". theres more actual conversations, trading, selling, buying, discussing, etc going on now. and im completely ok with with lol.

to the people talking about better get 5 dlc within said date. we have up until 12:01(midnight) of april 2nd for them to have the other 4 dlc's dropped. meaning they can/could release all 4 the same night, and they would legally meet their contract. do i think that will happen? no, do i think dlc2-3-4-5 will get pushed back like the first one? yes. but they have enough wiggle room to do so. its not a lot of room, but room none the less.

as far as a date said by them for the release of dlc2. i know on "1" of their live streams, it was one with a guest and it was awhile ago. they said their looking at October to release it. now word of advice to everyone and anyone (i know several members will attest to this) if they post/comment/tweet/facebook/youtube/live stream/etc whatever information about the dlc2, you better d@mn well record it or take a picture. they have and probably continue to delete, hide, lie about what was said. so keep proof of it, and spread it like wild fire if they do it again. the one thing this community is great at, is putting trion in its place and calling them out on their bullsh*t.

Rasczak
09-09-2013, 11:14 PM
not downing you or anything. but many of people have said all the same things before DLC1 was released, if it doesnt come out by this date the game is dead, all my friends quit playing, etc. and here we are right back at square one with the same comments and opinions, and the game has yet to die. its ******ed cheap now, and that alone has brought in a sh*t ton of new players, the DLC1 has brought back a lot of players and new ones as well. people have given this game a life span of 2-6 months since launch, we are now on month 6 and its still kicking. one thing i have noticed tho, is the forums have been filled with a lot less "trolls". theres more actual conversations, trading, selling, buying, discussing, etc going on now. and im completely ok with with lol.

to the people talking about better get 5 dlc within said date. we have up until 12:01(midnight) of april 2nd for them to have the other 4 dlc's dropped. meaning they can/could release all 4 the same night, and they would legally meet their contract. do i think that will happen? no, do i think dlc2-3-4-5 will get pushed back like the first one? yes. but they have enough wiggle room to do so. its not a lot of room, but room none the less.

as far as a date said by them for the release of dlc2. i know on "1" of their live streams, it was one with a guest and it was awhile ago. they said their looking at October to release it. now word of advice to everyone and anyone (i know several members will attest to this) if they post/comment/tweet/facebook/youtube/live stream/etc whatever information about the dlc2, you better d@mn well record it or take a picture. they have and probably continue to delete, hide, lie about what was said. so keep proof of it, and spread it like wild fire if they do it again. the one thing this community is great at, is putting trion in its place and calling them out on their bullsh*t.

Technically, by the terms in the agreement that is sent with the Season Pass, they have until December 31, 2014 to get all 5 DLCs out. So, although they said within the first year of launch at Blogs, their Season Pass contract has always stated something very, very different.

Also, I'm glad the Xbox has seen a **** ton of new players and returning players from the DLC. At least from my experience on PC, we have not. Arkfalls have less people at them, and I've already abandoned 3 clans at 3 different times, including post DLC, because a majority of the players list was 40+ days since last log-in.

Finally, I've almost given up. I log in maybe once a week now, sometimes once every 10 days or so. I enjoyed the game, but I don't play MMOs to play solo all the time.

pooch83
09-10-2013, 12:05 AM
Technically, by the terms in the agreement that is sent with the Season Pass, they have until December 31, 2014 to get all 5 DLCs out. So, although they said within the first year of launch at Blogs, their Season Pass contract has always stated something very, very different.

Also, I'm glad the Xbox has seen a **** ton of new players and returning players from the DLC. At least from my experience on PC, we have not. Arkfalls have less people at them, and I've already abandoned 3 clans at 3 different times, including post DLC, because a majority of the players list was 40+ days since last log-in.

Finally, I've almost given up. I log in maybe once a week now, sometimes once every 10 days or so. I enjoyed the game, but I don't play MMOs to play solo all the time.

almost (86%) every player i cross paths with and inspect. they are no higher then ego 350. i met a noob doing emergency's, he was ego 700ish and i was 2200. he is now above me, and we play every day together. i agree with you about the mmo and solo, that **** sucks. we run into people/noobs all the time, and they hung with us and do everything we're doing. we have went from just me and him playing to a 17 man group at times, lowest 5-9 man group. there has been a increasing high number in new players. its either that or a sh*t ton of high ego people starting over, lol and i doubt that. i log on any chance i can get, if im not to beat from working or anything. there are times that i go days without playing lol.

N3gativeCr33p
09-10-2013, 05:45 AM
My guess? There will be snow on the ground when the new DLC releases. ;)

Cassiel
09-10-2013, 05:55 AM
almost (86%) every player i cross paths with and inspect. they are no higher then ego 350. i met a noob doing emergency's, he was ego 700ish and i was 2200. he is now above me, and we play every day together. i agree with you about the mmo and solo, that **** sucks. we run into people/noobs all the time, and they hung with us and do everything we're doing. we have went from just me and him playing to a 17 man group at times, lowest 5-9 man group. there has been a increasing high number in new players. its either that or a sh*t ton of high ego people starting over, lol and i doubt that. i log on any chance i can get, if im not to beat from working or anything. there are times that i go days without playing lol.

And when those people get bored of same old content then they will be in the same boat as most of the other higher ego players. Left the game or check back now and then to see if anything new happened.

I think it shows a pattern like Krazy Karen said about her friends list. People play the game, like it a lot, play the s**t out of it and then run out of things to do so stop playing. A game really needs to keep players entertained for a good year, not a few months. Keep the content, story, character development going because when that stops, the game stops.

Not sure how many Everquest players are out there, but as a comparison that game is my benchmark. You had a TON of stuff to do from the start! It put the MASSIVELY in MMOPRG. And their expansion packs gave you a crap ton of new content and changes to the game.

I gave Defiance a go and had a lot of fun. I'm not mad about the money, I got my money's worth. But I am disappointed that the game has a lot of potential and failed to live up to mine and I'd imagine many other's expectations. They should have released the game with more content up front so they had more time to add the DLC on the way before people got bored. And add more to the DLC instead of the little carrot we got.

So back to the OP - When does dlc 2 release? For myself and most of my in game friends - it's probably too late already.

hardy83
09-10-2013, 06:09 AM
any achievements coming?

Pursuits are basically achievements. They are just tied into a levelling system as well.

PseudoCool
09-10-2013, 06:10 AM
Cassiel.. although I agree with you, one of the big problems that game developers run into is always going to be the content issue.

I've seen games release with what should have been MONTHS of content.. SWTOR for example launched with a great amount of content, as well as multiple missions based on your character class. And people still hit the level cap of 50 within the first week and where already complaining that there wasn't enough "end game content".. so the dev's at SWTOR switched gears and came up with more EGC and more lower level stuff came later on.

I've seen games release with what is undoubtedly a lack of content, much like Defiance did. Those games normally don't last more than a year or two at best without an inclusion of MASSIVE content in short order. Even PvP players, min-maxers, and all the other types of players out there enjoy the content of a story, even if it's just something to do while waiting for pvp que's :)

DLC 2 however.. it needs to be the "holy grail" for Defiance if the dev's want it to save this game...
It has to fix bugs..
It has to bring in the new features they've already shown off...
It needs to bring in new stuff they haven't shown off..
It NEEDS to bring in a LOT of new content (badly!)
and.. most importantly..
It has to fix bugs :)

They pull that off, and it'll be the resurgence that Defiance needs. They don't, and I fear that another dismal display of dicey downloads like DLC1 will be the proverbial shot in the dark for Defiance's lifespan.. which is sad to say.

Cassiel
09-10-2013, 06:13 AM
Well said Pseudo :) Cassiel "likes" this

PseudoCool
09-10-2013, 06:16 AM
Thanks Cassiel..

I'm not holding my breath that they'll pull all that off, since that's a huge list of items for the next DLC.. but, that's really what DLC2 needs to be to make Defiance what it should be.

Oh.. and it needs to put down the nerf bat.. NO MORE NERFS!!!

Arcisen
09-10-2013, 06:28 AM
I want to see at least 2 new co-op maps And a new Matchmaking system for Freight and military

PseudoCool
09-10-2013, 06:34 AM
I want to see at least 2 new co-op maps And a new Matchmaking system for Freight and military

Co-Op maps I can agree with.. we seriously need more of those.

As for more stuff for PvP related issues/desires/dreamlists/must haves/etc/etc/et al.. NO! PvP has enough now, it needs to be populated to warrant anymore time waste by the dev's when they could be fixing all the game altering bugs that have been around since Alpha and Beta instead. You PvP guys always complain about how long it takes to que up and what not cuz there's not enough people.. well if there's not enough people playing PvP, and there's still plenty of people playing PvE.. what makes you think that PvP ANYTHING should have any precendent at all in the development cycle?

TravelerX1
09-10-2013, 06:39 AM
Cassiel.. although I agree with you, one of the big problems that game developers run into is always going to be the content issue.

I've seen games release with what should have been MONTHS of content.. SWTOR for example launched with a great amount of content, as well as multiple missions based on your character class. And people still hit the level cap of 50 within the first week and where already complaining that there wasn't enough "end game content".. so the dev's at SWTOR switched gears and came up with more EGC and more lower level stuff came later on.

I've seen games release with what is undoubtedly a lack of content, much like Defiance did. Those games normally don't last more than a year or two at best without an inclusion of MASSIVE content in short order. Even PvP players, min-maxers, and all the other types of players out there enjoy the content of a story, even if it's just something to do while waiting for pvp que's :)

DLC 2 however.. it needs to be the "holy grail" for Defiance if the dev's want it to save this game...
It has to fix bugs..
and.. most importantly..

They pull that off, and it'll be the resurgence that Defiance needs. They don't, and I fear that another dismal display of dicey downloads like DLC1 will be the proverbial shot in the dark for Defiance's lifespan.. which is sad to say.

Agree with you 100%......
But this is what DLC1 was supposed to have done/Should have been.

I think they should still be finishing DLC1.....
Fix the 4wheeled truck of MEH - Add a frigging turret
Make the arenas Multiplayer
Fix all the new damn bugs
Make Swords tradeable
Make a Sword Skill Level
Fix the Volge Rifles not dropping
Put some of the emotes and quick things back on the quick menu

THEN move on to DLC2

And for f's sake..... stop screwing with things that arn't broken *COUGH* GRENADES* and fix something that is..... like the flawed Mod/Bonus system.

pooch83
09-10-2013, 12:33 PM

As for more stuff for PvP related issues/desires/dreamlists/must haves/etc/etc/et al.. NO! PvP has enough now, it needs to be populated to warrant anymore time waste by the dev's when they could be fixing all the game altering bugs that have been around since Alpha and Beta instead. You PvP guys always complain about how long it takes to que up and what not cuz there's not enough people.. well if there's not enough people playing PvP, and there's still plenty of people playing PvE.. what makes you think that PvP ANYTHING should have any precendent at all in the development cycle?

well said my friend. well said!!!

Celke
09-10-2013, 12:57 PM
I hope somewhere next month.

Working chat and more Co-op, more area's and generaly more group content is needed badly.

pooch83
09-10-2013, 02:08 PM
I hope somewhere next month.

Working chat and more Co-op, more area's and generaly more group content is needed badly.
a few more coop maps would be nice, i use to enjoy playing the ones on there now. but after doing the dailies straight for a few months. they are extremely old and boring. needless to say i stopped doing the paradise daily.

Arsenic_Touch
09-10-2013, 02:16 PM
In between Very Soon -------- Soon -------- Soon-ish ---------------? End of Time

You should expect posts containing these words. “outlook,” “will,” “could,” “would,” “might,” “remains,” “to be,” “plans,” “believes,” “may,” “expects,” “intends,” “anticipates,” “estimate,” future,” “plan,” “positioned,” “potential,” “project,” “remain,” “scheduled,” “set to,” “subject to,” “upcoming”

Soon™ Copyright 2013 Trion Worlds inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Trion Worlds and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Trion Worlds does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Trion Worlds will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

About covers it.

edit: Are you flipping kidding me? wow, way to quell dissent.

Atticus Batman
09-10-2013, 02:20 PM

We are agreeing way too much lately Pseudo. This game was made with PvE at the core. PvP was just thrown in as something to do as a break from the main game. It serves it's purpose, and does NOT need focused on!

@Traveler I am fine with the Raptor not having a built in gun, but they need to make it so all 3 passengers can shoot their guns considering the sitting positions. Making it so the owner and equip one of his/her guns to the turret for use would be great though. They also need to fixed the staggered driving pattern the Raptor has.

Both of you have great ideas though.

dahanese
09-10-2013, 02:21 PM
We are a ways off from a release date - we haven't even started talking about everything that's in DLC 2. It doesn't even have a name. :)

TravelerX1
09-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Can you give it the code name of "Soon"
has a nice ring to it ;)

Edit: Damn you Arsenic! Well said sir.

pooch83
09-10-2013, 02:23 PM
In between Very Soon -------- Soon -------- Soon-ish ---------------? End of Time

You should expect posts containing these words. “outlook,” “will,” “could,” “would,” “might,” “remains,” “to be,” “plans,” “believes,” “may,” “expects,” “intends,” “anticipates,” “estimate,” future,” “plan,” “positioned,” “potential,” “project,” “remain,” “scheduled,” “set to,” “subject to,” “upcoming”

Soon™ Copyright 2013 Trion Worlds inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Trion Worlds and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Trion Worlds does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Trion Worlds will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

About covers it.

this is exactly what i needed to read. and what needed to be said lol

Atticus Batman
09-10-2013, 02:23 PM
We are a ways off from a release date - we haven't even started talking about everything that's in DLC 2. It doesn't even have a name. :)

It should include the fixes several of us mentioned and be called " The once and FUTURE Defiant Ones!"

Sorry it had to be said by somebody. Why not my smart mouth?

August Barkley
09-10-2013, 02:29 PM
but they need to make it so all 3 passengers can shoot...

...themselves.

Atticus Batman
09-10-2013, 02:37 PM
...themselves.

No not themselves. THe guy driving who can't afford to take his Raptor to Torgue to get it's weak *** engine fixed!

We have a mechanic in the game, why can't HE fix the Raptor for us? Or on a real note, why can't we take our vehicle to him for engine/color mods?

Notturno
09-10-2013, 02:50 PM

Trion does realize this is very bad, yes? We went through this same debacle with DLC #1. The DLC #2 update can't take anywhere near the amount of time as DLC #1 - this game absolutely cannot survive that. I know the last couple of PvP players I hang out with are gone with Battlefield 4, and honestly I'm about on that same train out of here. When half of the "cool new features" set for DLC #2 are destined to ruin PvP, it's really hard to stay on board with these sorts of updates and the lack of data on them.

hardy83
09-10-2013, 02:56 PM
I'm gonna guess late October or November.

I just hope there's more data recorders to collect. LOTS more.

Arsenic_Touch
09-10-2013, 02:59 PM
I'm gonna guess late October or November.

I just hope there's more data recorders to collect. LOTS more.

That's one hope that is almost a guarantee. Despite them saying themselves that data recorders are not content, that's all they seem to add to the game.

hardy83
09-10-2013, 03:03 PM
That's one hope that is almost a guarantee. Despite them saying themselves that data recorders are not content, that's all they seem to add to the game.

Well since story rich missions seem out of the question, I'll take what I can get. lol

August Barkley
09-10-2013, 03:04 PM
I hope they will remake Defiance in Super Mario style: gather data recorders, killing vogde by jumping on their heads ... It will be a real "Game Changer"!

melkathi
09-10-2013, 03:07 PM
I hope they will remake Defiance in Super Mario style: gather data recorders, killing vogde by jumping on their heads ... It will be a real "Game Changer"!

If a "fan" (don't know how many of those the franchise has) was to put the effort to make a little platformer like that, I'd sure play it :)

Indra Echo
09-10-2013, 03:22 PM
Well when it will come out might be important but I'm still stuck with "what will it contain?" I'm sorry but a new style of arkfall that sort of is a combination between coop and arenas from what they showed and new grenade mechanics with more to come (but these were the game changing moments so what could top them?), don't give me much hope.

I'm not predicting anything except my own reaction if this is the main focus of that DLC--it will be something like watching people paint walls.

Indra Echo
09-10-2013, 03:25 PM
Well since story rich missions seem out of the question, I'll take what I can get. lol

They don't even have to do story rich missions to create new fun content, but the real problem is since player numbers are dwindling, some of the other stuff that doesn't involve stories will be much harder to play. If you get new PvP modes, what good is it if no one wants to play PvP? Or coop anything?

hardy83
09-10-2013, 03:27 PM

That needs to be a game you can play at the Crater bar.
With high scores and everything.

Or a Contra style game with co-op. It could be a propaganda game where the heroic humans fight off the "evil" votans. lol

Sanguinesun
09-10-2013, 03:27 PM
Well when it will come out might be important but I'm still stuck with "what will it contain?" I'm sorry but a new style of arkfall that sort of is a combination between coop and arenas from what they showed and new grenade mechanics with more to come (but these were the game changing moments so what could top them?), don't give me much hope.

I'm not predicting anything except my own reaction if this is the main focus of that DLC--it will be something like watching people paint walls.

Just be careful of the fumes, though Im sure they'll find a way to chant mantras of positivity on that too :P

hardy83
09-10-2013, 03:31 PM
They don't even have to do story rich missions to create new fun content, but the real problem is since player numbers are dwindling, some of the other stuff that doesn't involve stories will be much harder to play. If you get new PvP modes, what good is it if no one wants to play PvP? Or coop anything?

My response was in regards to me asking for data recorders. I specifically want more lore/story that expands upon the world of defiance. It had nothing to do with actual content.

r2nddan
09-10-2013, 04:49 PM
Pursuits are basically achievements. They are just tied into a levelling system as well.
i am talking about xbox achievements. wlll there be more xbox achievements.

Antavius
09-10-2013, 05:07 PM
I'd like to see them give us access to different places. Maybe let us go to different countries like france or even just further east from SF.

Soren
09-10-2013, 05:28 PM

I'd hope that's the case considering they have less than 8 months now to get out 4 DLCs before they hit their plan to get all five DLC out within the game's first year (which both former EP Nathan Richardson and the new/unknown-if-still EP Chris Lena said). Plus that would basically make it two months between DLC1 and DLC2. But I'm kind of doubting that they'll get it out that soon. :/ Depends on if they keep releasing more info in the next few weeks or not. But my guess is it probably won't come out til mid November, which will suck if that's the case. But if there's a lot more coming with this DLC beyond what we heard on Friday's livestream + the PAX livestream, then the wait will probably be worth it even if it sucks.

Samhael
09-10-2013, 06:10 PM

Will you be able to get it out in October? I, for one, expect four more dlc's by April. That's two months per dlc. To be blunt - get crack'n.

Bob Blunderbust
09-10-2013, 10:27 PM
when does defiance 2 hit?

Rasczak
09-10-2013, 11:03 PM

Yet another person from Maryland, I see.

Baltimore County, here. Rosedale area.

pooch83
09-11-2013, 12:38 AM
Yet another person from Maryland, I see.

Baltimore County, here. Rosedale area.
your not far from me at all friend. about 40 min north from bmore city on 95. im in harford county, if ya know where thats at. if not, sadly EVERYONE knows where edgewood is :'-(, not to far from there.....

Valdrane78
09-11-2013, 01:06 AM
I'd like to see some serious story content in the next DLC. DLC 1 was short on story, long on meaningless dribble (as far as I am concerned).

Valdrane78
09-11-2013, 01:10 AM
your not far from me at all friend. about 40 min north from bmore city on 95. im in harford county, if ya know where thats at. if not, sadly EVERYONE knows where edgewood is :'-(, not to far from there.....

I grew up around there. Northern VA (Loudoun County). I lived a hop, skip and a jump from Frederick and Brunswick. Dad worked in Silver Spring, spent a lot of time in that ole broken down city.

Indra Echo
09-11-2013, 05:20 AM

It has to fix bugs..
and.. most importantly..

Actually I'm going to somewhat disagree and somewhat agree here.

DLC2 should not fix bugs. Patches should fix bugs. DLC2 should not be used to do anything to current content. DLC2 should be NEW content. DLC should not constantly be arkfalls and more arkfalls and still more arkfalls. The idea of going into a ship as part of an arkfall is ok in my opinion but it still just looks like re-skinned current content. It's not game changing, it's game saming.

DLC2 shouldn't be used to nerf weapons or to change how certain game mechanics work. It should not contain some new limited health mechanics, limited ammo mechanics, or limited supply anything mechanics with some new way to have to spend all your time at a vendor. It should not include changes that fix the UI. That should be in a patch. That's not DLC and not what people buy DLC for.

If paid DLC contains weapons-the weapons should not be white or green, they should be at least purple.

If they truly want to retain people and gain new people (both being important), they have to structurally fix how they do some of the things they've got in the game, but again not as DLC-fixes are fixes. New people or people starting new characters should have every bit of previous content open for them to do. Once they finish the main mission (and maybe side missions) the previous episode content should become available. Maybe not all at once but it should pop up like the main missions do. That would give everyone a chance to complete them and give newer players more to do along the way.

I believe there's a lot more they can do with the open world environment rather than just constant spawning emergencies. Their placement and the locations of all things--sieges and even arkfalls, gets too stagnant and static. It would be more fun to include more randomness and more open world events.

Instead they've decided that one new feature will include instead more player controlled limited access arkfall events. So much for the MMO effect.

PvP as it is shouldn't have been included. The open world should have had PvP events, sort of like Shadow Wars but for things that you actually could win and randomly enter into, not things you necessarily had to choose to play. Like running across an area where there's an undiscovered arkfall and competing for the loot. But you are not told about the stash in advance.

There also should have been more exploration features-sort of a treasure hunt/trivia thing. You find clues to a stash and have to follow leads to find the loot. Open world and can be done in groups or with random people.

Skarnak
09-11-2013, 05:27 AM
The only thing i want in DLC2 is a direct copy of the Rift chat box system because the current one is bloody ****e. :mad:

Indra Echo
09-11-2013, 06:16 AM
The only thing i want in DLC2 is a direct copy of the Rift chat box system because the current one is bloody ****e. :mad:

At this point chat is quickly becoming the least important thing in the game. It may be to some, but people have gotten so used to not using it and it's basically silent a lot of the time.

I'm lucky to still have a great core group of friends that play. They make it fun. But, we use party chat.

N3gativeCr33p
09-11-2013, 06:52 AM
But, we use party chat.

One of Xbox Live's best features, IMHO...

Indra Echo
09-11-2013, 07:36 AM
One of Xbox Live's best features, IMHO...

Yeah, but it's the consoles' problems that often make the implementation of just chatting not work so well on them. Doesn't mean the UI for it shouldn't be fixed, but in order to chat, you need people to chat with. You need reasons to chat.

Blackdeathteal
09-11-2013, 07:44 AM

They use to put out mass amounts of content with rift before it went free to play was one of the few games i was happy to pay a sub for
maybe defiance is the nail in the coffin
unless there is alot of untalked about content for dlc 2 im not impressed but the pax stuff I cant see myself logging on anytime soon at the moment

Call Me Gus
09-11-2013, 09:04 AM
If they don't release 2nd DLC until next year what will you do?

N3gativeCr33p
09-11-2013, 12:53 PM
Yeah, but it's the consoles' problems that often make the implementation of just chatting not work so well on them. Doesn't mean the UI for it shouldn't be fixed, but in order to chat, you need people to chat with. You need reasons to chat.

Well, obviously... this is a game that should have easy socialization, but it clearly doesn't (unless you're part of an active clan). Just stated my case as to what I think is one of XBL's better features that makes it stand apart from PSN... in my humble opinion, of course.

usagi2607
09-11-2013, 01:00 PM
I never use in-game chat, I use chat via Steam.

r2nddan
09-11-2013, 03:42 PM
Achievements or not????

Danny cranfield
09-24-2013, 08:33 AM
your a fool pvp need help what are u gona do go chase keys at same arkfalls over n over ......soooo much fun yay

Blondin
09-24-2013, 09:31 AM
since i finished dlc 1 , i have been playing payday 2. has anyone heard when dlc 2 comes out for this game, and if it will have achievements?
Don't worry, Payday's first dlc will go out soon (a real soon, not a Trion's soon).

And I'm almost sure that once Defiance dlc #2 will go out, after one week, we will all say "when dlc #3 goes out?", because none of what we are waiting for will be in next dlc.

Btw, Raptor with shooting passengers will be in Defiance 2 (too hard for actual devs team to make it happens now).

AmnesiaHaze
09-24-2013, 09:45 AM
i enjoyed this game , bought the season pass, but after there is nothing to do for me in defiance anymore and DLC2 doesnt look promising at all without any new coop maps and doesnt even has a release date yet , i honestly stopped caring about any DLCs and moved on to play FFXIV and GTAV

repeating the same coop maps and arkfalls hundrets times isnt fun anymore , also most of my friends not playing this game anymore either

Arcisen
09-24-2013, 10:00 AM
what is there to look forward to in dlc2 ? able to call your own arkfall ooh i forgot we get to go inside them, wowweeee.

I honestly think that adding new co-op and deathmatch maps is too hard for trion to handle

Irondiesel58
09-24-2013, 12:27 PM
How Dare you use them words " 2nd DLC!" LOL
After the first one came out pretty much everyone said who cares when the next one comes out. Most have left the game and others will be back from time to time but unless the game has more to do it's pretty much dead. the contracts are a bore 10 million times over. How about anything new. I recently ran the melt down plant just for fun and it was great just to do something different! I had forgotten about that. How many 99er's can you kill? WTH!!!! My favorite time on this game in the last four weeks was fighting a Hulker along with a Monarch bug and the Volge joined in the giant fight. Even got some tanks in the fight cause I led them down the road over by last chance area. I'll also lead the Volge into the iron Demon ranch just to attack everyone who's just standing around. Funny.:cool:

DaveyBoy
10-07-2013, 11:09 AM
Glad I never bought a season pass :D