PDA

View Full Version : About the Dark Matter Enforcer outift.

Deathmark
09-09-2013, 10:03 AM
I have been seeing a few posts about this outfit, about how it doesn't look like the real Dark Matter NPC's and about the open helmet instead of the closed one.

Now at first I was disappointed that the helmet wasn't closed, since I always favored that type of armor look, but upon seeing someone's post that showed the crowd wearing all of the Vendetta masks and all looking the same, it got me thinking.

The open helmet is a change (at least for male armors) and it makes the character look more distinctive since you will be showing your face, therefore not looking the same as everyone else (or at least a much smaller chance at looking like someone else. :p)

On the armor set colors and detail themselves? This is probably best because someone else brought up an interesting point about looking like an NPC. It might be a bit confusing to other players, and I honestly think this armor set is supposed to be a "repurposed" dark matter armor set probably because of this.

Now being a U.S. Army veteran myself, I'm really into the whole modified military grade gear (military since the dark matter were Votan commando's.) And modified because it has extra things on it like the pouches and rope with snapling hook on the waist.

It looks as if it has been modified to fulfill all its diverse jobs, much like a bounty hunter or mercenary would have. I like that :cool:. But of course it's all a matter of tastes but I figured id share why I think they decided to make it look like they did.

On another note, the colors aren't as "green" and the military ones (thankfully, I had to wear that ugly color for quite a few years and always hated it, lol.) They seem to have a darker color pallet, which I also love. Then again, it might be my TV, lol.

So needless to say it has become my favorite armor :). Now the sniper one? Well, not much into light browns myself but with the poncho like cloth and dual pistols it does have personality. Just my 2 scrip :cool:

Yun
09-17-2013, 07:19 PM
Is it just me or does the Enforcer look like it has a charge blade handle on the back section. As for the sniper without the helmet it makes me think of Clint Eastwood or just any other Western type gunslinger. Now that I think about it, doesn't it seem to match one of the Ark Hunters in the live action Defiance Ark Fall trailer?

dude26212
09-17-2013, 07:50 PM
Is it just me or does the Enforcer look like it has a charge blade handle on the back section. As for the sniper without the helmet it makes me think of Clint Eastwood or just any other Western type gunslinger. Now that I think about it, doesn't it seem to match one of the Ark Hunters in the live action Defiance Ark Fall trailer?

thanks to your description i would not hesitate to buy this outfit if we had a way to get our hands on coopers hat

Deathmark
09-18-2013, 06:50 AM

The Dark Matter Enforcer outfit has what looks like a double bladed machete strapped to his back. As for the sniper outfit, I can totally see the western look with a cowboy styled hat on it. Too bad we didn't get Cooper's hat along with his outfit, would have been an awesome match. (Come on, baseball cap!?) Now if only we could dual wield pistols, hmm....

melkathi
09-18-2013, 08:04 AM
I am very tempted to buy the sniper outfit.

And I agree with the OP's points. We are not Dark Matter, we are Arkhunters and the outfit reflects that. And now with casti arkhunters, you could even pretend your character is ex votan military.

Cavadus
09-18-2013, 10:03 AM
It would be nice if you get the faceplate on the Enforcer helmet to up or down. Or TW could just be greedy and sell a version with the faceplate lowered next to the other one. I'd be cool with that so long as I had the choice.

Dracian
09-18-2013, 10:18 AM
Oh... You mean the Male Latino City Survivalist outfit ?

Cavadus
09-18-2013, 10:20 AM
Oh... You mean the Male Latino City Survivalist outfit ?

Yeah, the one with the VBI Autoshotgun :D

Dracian
09-18-2013, 11:22 AM
Yeah, the one with the VBI Autoshotgun :D

... That shoot bullets, throw needles, fire rockets, launch grenades and heal with a blue beam XD

Seriously, if they fix that infinite default model horde bug, I will perhaps consider buying outfits. But now, that's a nope.avi