PDA

View Full Version : i Love Defiance.

CRIXDA
09-09-2013, 11:18 AM
I love the fact the Defiance brings us all together.
Sarcastic folks, Sincere people, humorists and even angry and bitter people have been thrown together by this fun and wonderful game. This Great Forum that is even devoted to the game helps to unite us all together under the fine banner of Defiance.
I don't think that we take the time to give Defiance the credit that it so richly deserves.
I loves Me some Defiance, and It be showin' like a muthafcuka.

Zugo
09-09-2013, 11:21 AM
Yeah, I guess war brings people together too.

PseudoCool
09-09-2013, 11:22 AM
What be showing Crixda, is your need for sleep.. ya talkin all crazy homie! Fa Shizzle!

Actually.. you are right tho.. we don't often give Defiance Dev's credit for what they DO get right in the game, so perhaps someone should start a thread for that:

For me.. I say the Dev's should get kudo's for developing a great new set of NPC's: Hellbugs Let's be honest, which of us wouldn't be scared to death in real life to meet a real life hellbug? I know I wouldn't, but that's cuz I'm always packing.. but the rest of ya.. yeah.. you'd be scared. That's how good of a job they did on the hellbugs, and it deserves some kudos :)

August Barkley
09-09-2013, 11:26 AM
I do not have problems with the game, but I have a big problem with its creators ...

PseudoCool
09-09-2013, 11:28 AM
I do not have problems with the game, but I have a big problem with its creators ...

I do to.. they are not paying me enough to provide constant positive re-inforcement to the developers with my witty reparte', sarcastic banter, and dry humor!

I's needs moar monies!

CRIXDA
09-09-2013, 12:30 PM
All that I am saying, (if I am saying anything at all) is that I still love this game despite all of It's flaws, how much it torques me off, how much shtako gets shoveled on us, how much lag we experience in the seiges, how much it legs in the arenas, ALL OF IT.
I still love it.
So, yeah I really do need some sleep because I helped a friend move Saturday. Morning for four hours, drove home for two hours, played one hockey game, waited until 10:30 p.m. and then played another. We didn't have many players on the bench so I skated about 45 out of 60 minutes in each game so yup, I am still tired.
Regardless, I squeezed in time to play Defiance and loved it and I will play when I get home this evening too.
Join me, 5 p.m. est N.A. server, xbox 360 gt: CRIXDA.
I loves me so Defiance.

Sanguinesun
09-09-2013, 12:42 PM
For some reason this thread's theme reminds me of Alan Moore's the Watchmen.

Atticus Batman
09-09-2013, 03:22 PM
All that I am saying, (if I am saying anything at all) is that I still love this game despite all of It's flaws, how much it torques me off, how much shtako gets shoveled on us, how much lag we experience in the seiges, how much it legs in the arenas, ALL OF IT.
I still love it.
So, yeah I really do need some sleep because I helped a friend move Saturday. Morning for four hours, drove home for two hours, played one hockey game, waited until 10:30 p.m. and then played another. We didn't have many players on the bench so I skated about 45 out of 60 minutes in each game so yup, I am still tired.
Regardless, I squeezed in time to play Defiance and loved it and I will play when I get home this evening too.
Join me, 5 p.m. est N.A. server, xbox 360 gt: CRIXDA.
I loves me so Defiance.

Hockey players SKATE?! I thought they were too busy smashing each others faces into the barriers! Or is it just me?

http://kuklaskorner.com/assets/images/uploads/sharks_batman.jpg

BJWyler
09-09-2013, 05:03 PM
I have to agree. When I started playing, I was not sure how much enjoyment I would actually get out of the game as shooters aren't my favorite genre. I have been more than pleasantly surprised to find just how much I really do love playing this game - bugs, faults and all. Even during those times when I am DCed at the most critical point in a mission or match, and no matter how much I want to punch my screen because of it, I realize that I have played games in worse condition, and that in the end, there are many more important things to get worked up about than getting kicked from a game, or not having a pursuit update properly.

Rasczak
09-09-2013, 05:43 PM
Defiance brought me back together with my old guild in WoW.

So, here's to Defiance! :cool:

Unfortunately, on the Dfeiance PC side, due to fantastic chat system we have, it's been too much a solo experience.

CRIXDA
09-09-2013, 06:07 PM
Yeah, We skate.
Now granted, I am 35 years old, 6 feet tall 250 lbs and I am a monster out there.
I am not really fast or extremely gifted in the scoring department but I have a hard slapshot and I am a great passer.
Hockey is an amazing game to play, it is really hard.
I imagine anything that is truly worthwhile is really hard - getting my Karate Black Belt was hard, too.
So many things in life that are truly worth achieving are hard-fought.
That is one thing that I hope to gain from Defiance,
More great experiences, some more good people to play the game with and good times.
I believe that Defiance is worth hanging on to. I hope that the Developers and Programmers feel the same way, that it is worth holding on to, worth fighting for and turning around.

Sounds like some football coach's pre-game speech.
I loves me some Defiance. I played for 2 hours tonight looking for a VBI Invader and just couldn't scare one up.
I need it for the arenas. *holding hands out* anybody? Anybody? Beuller? Beuller?
I loves me some Defiance.

Atticus Batman
09-09-2013, 08:01 PM
Yeah, We skate.
Now granted, I am 35 years old, 6 feet tall 250 lbs and I am a monster out there.
I am not really fast or extremely gifted in the scoring department but I have a hard slapshot and I am a great passer.
Hockey is an amazing game to play, it is really hard.
I imagine anything that is truly worthwhile is really hard - getting my Karate Black Belt was hard, too.
So many things in life that are truly worth achieving are hard-fought.
That is one thing that I hope to gain from Defiance,
More great experiences, some more good people to play the game with and good times.
I believe that Defiance is worth hanging on to. I hope that the Developers and Programmers feel the same way, that it is worth holding on to, worth fighting for and turning around.

I loves me some Defiance. I played for 2 hours tonight looking for a VBI Invader and just couldn't scare one up.
I need it for the arenas. *holding hands out* anybody? Anybody? Beuller? Beuller?

Sorry don't think I have any Invaders anymore.

CRIXDA
09-10-2013, 03:51 AM
Bummer.

*tweeeeeeet*
"2 minutes! Black! Into the box! Let's go!"
(Over the P.A.) "Defiance Penalty, Number 38 : Atticus Batman - Insufficient Weaponry. Time of the penalty 3:01 of the Third Period."

MacDeath
09-10-2013, 04:12 AM
Hockey players SKATE?! I thought they were too busy smashing each others faces into the barriers! Or is it just me?

I once went to the fights and a hockey match broke out! True story.

Tyger
09-10-2013, 04:36 AM

I've been to a couple of fights where a hockey game broke out. ...Happens. >.>

EDIT: BAH!!! McCheese beat me to it :p

SSlarg
09-10-2013, 04:39 AM
I love the fact the Defiance brings us all together.
Sarcastic folks, Sincere people, humorists and even angry and bitter people have been thrown together by this fun and wonderful game. This Great Forum that is even devoted to the game helps to unite us all together under the fine banner of Defiance.
I don't think that we take the time to give Defiance the credit that it so richly deserves.
I loves Me some Defiance, and It be showin' like a muthafcuka.

I agree, I just got the Platnium yesterday and my friend says to me
"I guess you'll be quitting now?" I replied "not a chance! I will play till' they shut the servers down"

indeed I am with you, the game is Fantastic (minus certain bugs lol)

BJWyler
09-10-2013, 05:00 AM

That's funny, cause they seem to be dropping like flies for me. I think I still have a couple leftover I haven't used for leveling yet. What EGO are you, and are on on PC NA? I think I can spare one for you (either white or green, but still that's really all you need for the arenas).

nite
09-10-2013, 05:05 AM
loved it when it started but about a month before the dlc came out i got bored i stoped playin now the dlc is in i am loving it! specially the sieges always loved them, and after seein what the nxt dlc has in store im looking forward to that specially bein able to summon arkfalls

CRIXDA
09-10-2013, 06:23 AM
360 NA. That's my brand.
And we don't fight in hockey, I pay to play.
It would be silly to fight and get suspended, not cost effective.

PseudoCool
09-10-2013, 06:25 AM
Well.. I can only use my own clan as a bench mark...

When I started with them (a week after vanilla launch).. there where about 140 people actively playing Defiance just in my clan..
Now.. 6 months later.. there's 90 active people in my clan..

but here's the rub.. of those original 140 that I started with, there's me and two other guys from that time frame.. the rest have all left for other games.

Now.. we all know that as games start out, there's a huge surge in players, then a rapid decline in the months following until the game's community size balances out based on a whole lot of factors we as players don't really control (ie.. stuff the Dev's and money men do).. so there's bound to be some flux and sway with player bases.

But.. 138 of 140..that's like 99% of them are GONE. We've kept recruiting which is why the division still stands with a good number of newer players, but reality is, our "flux" of players has come and gone, and our standing player base has all come around within the last 4 months. That's an insane amount of turn over for any game community, in fact I've never seen that much turnover before.

badprocess
09-10-2013, 06:38 AM
I replied "not a chance! I will play till' they shut the servers down"

Trust me or not, but i said exactly the same thing to a friend last week. :D
For me, this game (and show) is amazing, whatever flaws it may have.

N3gativeCr33p
09-10-2013, 07:07 AM
360 NA. That's my brand.

Sweet... that's my brand, as well.

Elastik Spastik
09-10-2013, 07:32 AM
I thoroughly love this game despite its flaws and yes there is soooooooo much pontential and stuff that can be added but im in until the end. I cant wait for all dlc's. I believe in this game. I believe that if everything everyone suggested gets put in the game it would make it a whole new world. But I also still enjoy every minute I play. (Apart from the chat system :( )

bigguy
09-10-2013, 07:33 AM
i love this game too unfortunately instead of fixing the problems they still have in certain areas they go and create more problems by thinking they have to force people to try out all the grenades by coming up wiht a grenade change in the next dlc and because they have to have a grenade change that is not needed (if its not broken dont fix it) then they will have to revamp the grenadier synergy another thing that is not broken they do these things that they dont need to when they should be fixing other things like military academy mapand they drive away other players

MacDeath
09-10-2013, 08:25 AM
I've been to a couple of fights where a hockey game broke out. ...Happens. >.>

EDIT: BAH!!! McCheese beat me to it :p
Ya snooze... ya loose Hobbs.

dreadi
09-10-2013, 08:48 AM
Agreed, love it! Except for disconnects and certain pursuit problems ;)

DreadRaver
09-10-2013, 08:57 AM
OK - Add me to the list - I love Defiance!

I just had a good experience:

I sent a support ticket for the bugged Volge Violence pursuit, and today I received a reply saying they fixed that for me. It took a few days, but I was patient, and they came through!

It would have been irritating to have an unfinished pursuit, so I am so happy they were able to do this - it's a level of service you rarely see.

Thanks Trion Support!

CRIXDA
09-10-2013, 08:57 AM
Yup!
Despite the flaws, all of the issues and problems - Defiance is an excellent experience.
For all of the blips and glitches that We deal with I have had I have enjoyed my time in-game. Shadow Andreas and I have spent hours walking everywhere around in Paradise. Walking has provided us a more immersive experience; all of scenery and the emergencies. It takes a little longer to get around but it is fun. I recommend walking around in Defiance, It is pretty cool.
It really might help you enjoy the game a little more.
Look for me and Shadow on Xbox NA.
Come and watch local hockey too!
Fun and free!

Krazy Karen
09-10-2013, 09:09 AM
Good topic Crixda!

I admit, I am REALLLY bored of defiance ATM. Nothing new, no clanmates left, and 20 Tier 4 boxes in a row with nothing. My desire for defiance is gone....until something changes anyway...

BUT, regardless of all of that, Defiance was a blast! It kept me happy for months, was a great idea, and let me meet a TON of new people (even if they are all gone)

So, thanks Defiance, just wish it lasted a bit longer (I may be interested again depending what DLC is about)

CRIXDA
09-10-2013, 09:31 AM
Thank You, Karen.
I still try and play despite the issues and even though there are things for me to work on and grind out.
I so desperately want Defiance to grow and succeed, for It to come back from where It is now.
I hate that You don't want to play anymore, Karen.
Or anyone else that is waiting for content, sitting and waiting for something to do in the game.
Come on back.

nite
09-10-2013, 04:00 PM
just thought of summit else i like bout defiance and that is when, lets say, fighting the volge and a bunch of 99ers or raiders show up and i can stand back and watch them go mental at each other, always makes me laugh

Rumeyes
09-10-2013, 04:18 PM
A. a hub - a central area with some general accomodations would be nice,
B. howzabout you show us some real links between the show and the game,
C. more storymissions, with the last DLC I picked up 3 datapads and logged off.

- If the Volge are so badass, what are they doing at every frekkin' intersection?

Kletus
09-10-2013, 04:41 PM
I love it too!! Please make this game worth sticking with so nobody can say "I told ya so". I'll give you all my bits!!!

CRIXDA
09-10-2013, 06:12 PM
Nite, you are right! That is funny stuff!
I love to go to Iron Demon and shoot the Volge out there and run into the Ranch and go behind the mod vendor and watch the hilarity that ensues.
All of these people are standing there monkeying with their inventory and in come these Volge Troopers, blasting up the place. Priceless.
Rumeyes, I also agree with what You said on Your points too. I like having the Volge around but I wish the Devs would take the existing Volge and move them off of the roads and off into the countryside a bit. It is just a bit too much, but I didn't start this thread to gripe too much.
Having them in the hills and lowlands would make the experience more fun because when Shadow Andreas and I play, We walk everywhere and walking up on some Volge in the hills would be really cool and different.
I am fairly pleased today though, I got a sweet grape flavored VBI Invader with nice stats at Last Chance!
Good Synergy, too! Now I need a dumptruck full of scrip to mod it out and I am flat broke :( .
Hit 3 major Arkfalls and a Seige tonight and still only came up with two grand.
Where are the chickens, 'cuz all I got was the feed.

BJWyler
09-10-2013, 06:24 PM
Thank You, Karen.
I still try and play despite the issues and even though there are things for me to work on and grind out.
I so desperately want Defiance to grow and succeed, for It to come back from where It is now.
I hate that You don't want to play anymore, Karen.
Or anyone else that is waiting for content, sitting and waiting for something to do in the game.
Come on back.

Bummer that you're on the Xbox so I can't give you the Invader.

The beauty of this b-model, like GW and GW2 is that you CAN take a break and go do other things while waiting for more content, or just to avoid burn out on the game, without having to worry about your money going to waste (if it was sub based). Ironically enough, with Defiance and GW, I played more often than any game I was subbed to until SWTOR came around. I'm always finding something to do, even if it's hitting up Emergencies, ArkFalls, or spending an evening PvPing. I'll also take a break for a couple of days and come back feeling fresh.

Emric
09-10-2013, 07:15 PM
I'm not much of a forum person, but I saw this topic and I had to comment. I really do love this game. It's pretty freakin awesome. I think that the Devs are doing a great job. A game like this must take a lot of work and I just wanted to take the time to say how much I appreciate it. ;) It may be buggy at times, but honestly, what game isn't? [Rhetorical] And those problems usually get solves in an acceptable amount of time. I also think many people are too busy criticizing and adding what they think is better to appreciate everything that has been done. Learn to enjoy your shiz already. And with that, I'm off. :D To all you ps3 players, Catchya in game. :o

CRIXDA
09-10-2013, 07:18 PM
Exactly, BJ!
Both myself and Shadow Andreas approached finishing Defiance and playing the game as You might when trying to eat an elephant : one bite at a time. You take your time and don't rush and you will get there eventually. A lot of my my friends had finished Defiance long before I had eveb gotten to San Francisco. As a result, they all quit playing and missed a lot of the episodic content that was released because they had burned out.
I still Love this game. I want everyone to put it back in and start playing it again.
The fun is where we make it : from the guys playing hide and go seek for a legendary weapon to the Deathmarches and the Cannonball Runs?
We can be inventive and have a good time.
All we have to do is put the game in and log on. Let's have some fun again with a game that we love.

CRIXDA
09-11-2013, 06:09 AM
YES!!!
THIS MORNING I GOT FIRST PLACE IN REVOLTING HELLBUGS!!!
Now I have gotten first before but It was just cool and fun today.
I am glad to have a good start to the day like this, some Defiance action and a major
Arkfall victory to jump-start my day!

Valdrane78
09-11-2013, 09:48 AM
I could be worse people. We could all be playing Ride to Hell: Retribution.

Valdrane78
09-11-2013, 09:49 AM
YES!!!
THIS MORNING I GOT FIRST PLACE IN REVOLTING HELLBUGS!!!
Now I have gotten first before but It was just cool and fun today.
I am glad to have a good start to the day like this, some Defiance action and a major
Arkfall victory to jump-start my day!

I got 3rd place on a Dark Matter Arkfall a few days ago. I had only been playing Defiance for 2 days.

Elastik Spastik
09-11-2013, 10:15 AM
Need a hub with say;

Pokergames for scrip (or any kind of gambling)
A personel locker for keeping inventory you wanna keep
Notice boards, npc's with bounties, jobs etc...
A bar to hang out and purchase drinks and get drunk (swaying camera, be sick start bar fights) and mingle with other like minded players and trading
Auction rooms
A massive hub where you can roam and do stuff
And lots lots lots lots and more lots of different things to do

Would be awesome

SSlarg
09-11-2013, 10:33 AM
Need a hub with say;

Pokergames for scrip (or any kind of gambling)
A personel locker for keeping inventory you wanna keep
Notice boards, npc's with bounties, jobs etc...
A bar to hang out and purchase drinks and get drunk (swaying camera, be sick start bar fights) and mingle with other like minded players and trading
Auction rooms
A massive hub where you can roam and do stuff
And lots lots lots lots and more lots of different things to do

Would be awesome

poker would be nice. a dueling arena where we could watch would be nice too.

co-op arenas

Cold Fire Weapons

and a central city hub for players to "hang out"
and trade do recruiting etc.

still loving the game though and will play till' the servers are turned
off forever.

Elastik Spastik
09-11-2013, 10:37 AM
poker would be nice. a dueling arena where we could watch would be nice too.

co-op arenas

Cold Fire Weapons

and a central city hub for players to "hang out"
and trade do recruiting etc.

still loving the game though and will play till' the servers are turned
off forever.
Im in until the end too. Despite its flaws I love this game. Its one of my best games of all time.

August Barkley
09-11-2013, 10:38 AM
I would not want to ruin your dreams, because I have same. But ...

Do you still believe that this is possible in this game?

Wake up, The end is near.

Elastik Spastik
09-11-2013, 10:41 AM
I would not want to ruin your dreams, because I have same. But ...

Do you still believe that this is possible in this game?

Wake up, The end is near.

Oh ye of little faith. Takes time to build something great. I'm a believer that this game will succeed over time. Patience my friend.

CRIXDA
09-11-2013, 11:20 AM
August,
I am honestly glad that You chose Pope as Your avatar photo because He suits You.
I am not derrogating at all, believe me. Although Pope is a realist/cynic, He also seems to be right.
I don't want You to be right about Defiance.

Sanguinesun
09-11-2013, 12:22 PM
August,
I am honestly glad that You chose Pope as Your avatar photo because He suits You.
I am not derrogating at all, believe me. Although Pope is a realist/cynic, He also seems to be right.

Given the -very- consistent pattern of managerial and development decisions over the course of 5+ months, what compelling evidence is there to offer that Barkley's assessment of our passions are not misplaced?

Amack
09-11-2013, 12:24 PM
August,

And he can't figure out why the mods don't like him.... GRIN.

August Barkley
09-11-2013, 12:28 PM
August,

Thanx, Gretzky! I appreciate that.

I would love to be wrong, but ... I will not hide behind blind faith. We are all well aware what could end up for Defiance, while ignorant tyrants are in power.

CRIXDA
09-11-2013, 12:59 PM
I am not looking at this through rose-colored glasses, August.
I am fully aware that Defiance could go "Dirt-Nap" real soon and I just don't want that to happen.
I have had too many good times and too much fun to see this just fizzle.
I appreciate that everyone has an opinion and I don't mind anyone voicing them at all, quite honestly.
I don't want this thread to turn into one where everyone picks up hands-full of guano and fires it at Trion because It isn't why I started It and at any time there is at least one or two up on the forum.
I want to celebrate the game and all of the fun that we have had or are currently having.
I personally am still enjoying myself, even though I still have a lot to do in-game. I have been playing steadily since launch day and I am still not EGO 2000. I have completed a bunch of pursuits, done every side mission, every episode mission (twice!) And the main story line three times.
My favorite gun is that janky XMR that Nolan gave me back in the day. What can I say, I love that thing.
I have never even fired an infector until I got that grape-flavored one yesterday!
So the fun keeps coming.
I am not going to let it die, I hope they give us more to enjoy but I will keep enjoying what I have.

August Barkley
09-11-2013, 01:29 PM
So the fun keeps coming.
I am not going to let it die, I hope they give us more to enjoy but I will keep enjoying what I have.

You had to pick TOM MASON as your avatar! :D

But I respect your position. Try to save it.

CRIXDA
09-11-2013, 02:51 PM
Tom Mason?
No freaking way.
I am not that much of an idealist. There is no way that I would ever see myself as a "Tom Mason" type of guy, regardless of how optimistic I am. In actuality I can be a real "doom and gloom" kind of guy too.
Sort of the diametric opposite to Krazy Karen and her wild happiness.
I just love playing Defiance, Pope.
Get the Berzerkers ready, hopefully We will need them by the time DLC 5 hits.

PointyShrew
09-11-2013, 03:31 PM
I hate defiance and love myself!

nah defiance is ok...I GUESS

CRIXDA
09-11-2013, 09:42 PM
So now they have done up'd and banned my friend August!
Bummer.
Well, John Pope always was a bit of a revolutionary anyway and always did rub some folks the wrong way from time to time.
Lookit:
"Let him without shtako cast the first hellbug gallstone", He always said. But even though August did speak his mind a bit vociferously at times, He still wanted Defiance to succeed like I (and so many others) do.
Have some fun, hoist up an Irathiant Ale in his name and put Defiance back in Your Gamecube, Krazy Karen.
We have tons of things to do :
Get that Living to Kill V pursuit,
Get on top of the Stratocarrier,
Hum "Duel Of The Fates" while running around with a Casti Blade,
Finish collecting every color Duni,
Sit a hundred skitterlings in front of a hundred typewriters and see how long it takes for one to type Shakespeare,
Attach bottle-rockets to those silly lanterns to suprise the next Arkhunter who tries to light them,
Jump around Shandu's Consolate yelling "gimmie back my son!" Like Mel Gibson in "Ransom".

So You can see that there is a lot to do yet in Paradise.
Let's get busy.
GIMMIE BACK MY SON!