PDA

View Full Version : Volge LMG idea

Mr Badger
09-09-2013, 01:50 PM
Anyone wish the Volge LMG fired more like an LMG? I was thinking, when I first heard about it, that maybe it would fire more like the Volge Soldier's arm mounted weapon. Actually think it would make it more like an LMG if it did and less like a sniper/rocket launcher kludge.

xilfxlegion
09-09-2013, 01:53 PM
Anyone wish the Volge LMG fired more like an LMG? I was thinking, when I first heard about it, that maybe it would fire more like the Volge Soldier's arm mounted weapon. Actually think it would make it more like an LMG if it did and less like a sniper/rocket launcher kludge.

yes, but at 909 damage per bullet, it would easily be the most overpowered gun in the game.

Shadow Matter
09-09-2013, 07:06 PM
yes, but at 909 damage per bullet, it would easily be the most overpowered gun in the game.

New patch 1.104 good news volge lmg is now nerfed to do an awesome 10 damage and a clip of 1

N3gativeCr33p
09-10-2013, 05:55 AM

Well said, kind sir (or madam)! ;)

Mr Badger
09-10-2013, 10:52 AM

So what would be a good damage for it? Maybe make it on par with however much damage the volge soldier does? Because honestly right now its less lmg and more sniper/rocket launcher bastard child.

xilfxlegion
09-10-2013, 11:50 AM
So what would be a good damage for it? Maybe make it on par with however much damage the volge soldier does? Because honestly right now its less lmg and more sniper/rocket launcher bastard child.

i personally dont have a problem with it being overpowered, and if it had the fire rate of a saw with that power i would use no other gun. i dont play pvp -- and they are the ladies who would complain about it til it got nerfed.

x8Outlaw8X
09-10-2013, 01:42 PM
This weapon fires just fine in my opinion. Further, it is actually similar to the Volge Troopers if you pay close attention. Add a burst mod to it...

richmanrush
09-10-2013, 04:50 PM
I converted mine to incendiary and threw the power barrel (1.07) on it. Thing is awesome. I think I maxed it out using it during one siege. Now I wish I didn't have lmg's at twenty.

Overtkill21
09-10-2013, 04:53 PM
This weapon fires just fine in my opinion. Further, it is actually similar to the Volge Troopers if you pay close attention. Add a burst mod to it...

It doesn't burst fire - go ahead add a Controlled Burst mod to it and see.

SeijuroHiko1981
09-11-2013, 03:56 AM

that was the 909 damage

N3gativeCr33p
09-11-2013, 06:00 AM
Further, it is actually similar to the Volge Troopers if you pay close attention.

Believe what you want to, but I don't agree with this comment in the slightest.

xilfxlegion
09-11-2013, 06:25 AM
the volge trooper's gun fires a lot quicker then the volge lmg.

Mr Badger
09-11-2013, 08:12 AM
The Volge Soldier’s weapon fires, I believe, 3 to 4 times per burst. The Volge Soldier's projectiles are small and blue. Small and red in the case of Elite Soldiers. The Volge Viscera fires a single blast. The Volge Viscera’s blast can vary between blue green and red for Elite Viscera. The Volge LMG is single shot and the projectile has more similarities with The Volge Viscera's projectile. Single fire is not ideal for an LMG as typically LMGs are used in suppressive roles. All I'm saying is maybe change it from single to burst fire (maybe a slow burst fire?) to make it more on par with an LMG instead of a scope-less sniper/rocket launcher combo. Similar projectiles to the Volge Soldier, similar or less damage and maybe a cool down noise in between shots. Like a decompressing "hiss" or something.