PDA

View Full Version : Arena: Skills failure?

METAL GRINDER
09-09-2013, 08:01 PM
Recently I downloaded the first DLC. I have only played 2 games on the Arena and really liked it. The thing is I went in with a new weapon with zero skills. After two games with over 200 kills I noticed I still had no skills on the weapon. Zero...nada. It looked like a great place to work on your skills but it looks to me that it's not counting. It's a cool game but it only counts to make points for the vendor? Sooner than later it will become boring. Am I wrong here? Anybody else noticed? Can't say I played for long.

nathanpbutler
09-09-2013, 08:57 PM
I'm almost positive that I've had a weapon level up while inside an arena. Are the weapons you are using already mastered? (Check the XP bar for the individual weapon when you pull it up in your loadout screen.) Once a weapon is mastered, it won't earn any more XP for the weapon or weapon type, but your kills will still count for the pursuits that require a certain number of kills with a certain weapon category.

NoahsArkfall
09-09-2013, 11:24 PM
Yes, please clarify what you mean by "skills." Do you mean weapon category skills? Individual weapon mastery skills? What?

METAL GRINDER
09-10-2013, 03:35 AM
I meant individual weapons mastery skills. I am going back again today to check on this but last timed I played nothing showed when I was expecting at least some visual difference on the weapon skills. Maybe I was to quick to come here buts that's the way it looked to me.

METAL GRINDER
09-10-2013, 04:57 AM
No doubt now. Tried with a new spanner and VBI assault rifle. No individual weapons skills. A total drag. I wonder what else it does not count for. I have my eyes on one or two weapons from the Liro vendor. After that I see no point in coming back.

Flank
09-10-2013, 06:53 AM
This must be new.. as I have rolled weapon masterys in the Areanas.
As well as gained SKILL in the weapon classes. Did you post this in the Bug/Glitch section?
Good eye. People will want to know this.

Roulex
09-10-2013, 01:58 PM
Confirmed, just picked up the DLC today and I am receiving both 0 individual weapon mastery and 0 weapon skill (and no, the weapons are not maxed.) Tried a different set of weapons--same result. Either a bug, or an undocumented change from the most recent patch.

EDIT: PC Player here, so it's not just a PS3 specific thing.

METAL GRINDER
09-10-2013, 03:37 PM
Confirmed, just picked up the DLC today and I am receiving both 0 individual weapon mastery and 0 weapon skill (and no, the weapons are not maxed.) Tried a different set of weapons--same result. Either a bug, or an undocumented change from the most recent patch.

EDIT: PC Player here, so it's not just a PS3 specific thing.

Thanks Roulex, Now I know it's not me and apparently other players did raised their skills at the Arena at some point so it should be a bug. I will report this at the 'bug section?'. Thanks everybody and if any player had this experience with the Arena follow my next post, I will like to put some pressure behind it.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?133642-Arena-Weapons-skill-leveling-Bugged&p=1262640#post1262640