PDA

View Full Version : inventory slots

soria
09-10-2013, 01:59 PM
why are inventory slots that you buy with bits not available to you if you start a new character?is this just another rip off to get you to spend more:confused::mad:

August Barkley
09-10-2013, 02:01 PM
Look in "Claim Items" section.

Atticus Batman
09-10-2013, 02:03 PM
Look in "Claim Items" section.

As far as I know you can NOT use the bought inventory slots on another character. You can with everything else though. I have been told it's so you can't use a spare character as a mule wich is funny but whatever.

August Barkley
09-10-2013, 02:06 PM
As far as I know you can NOT use the bought inventory slots on another character. You can with everything else though. I have been told it's so you can't use a spare character as a mule wich is funny but whatever.

Oh... Then this is outrageous!

Atticus Batman
09-10-2013, 02:29 PM
Oh... Then this is outrageous!

Agreed, though I do NOT spend bits on equipment slots or even have a second character so it doesn't personally bug me. If it were more of a rpg I would say that each character should not both get the equipment space since they are supposed to be unique. THat could be why they have done it here, but I haven't really seen anything that makes any character unique otherwise. Besides a character's only uniqueness should not be their equipment space!

Arsenic_Touch
09-10-2013, 02:49 PM
To answer you, yes it's another way to rip you off.

Krazy Karen
09-10-2013, 02:50 PM
lol, REALLY????

That's profile specific tho, isn't it? so it SHOULD be for any character!!!!!!!!!!!!

Indra Echo
09-10-2013, 03:04 PM

It's not so important to be able to keep all the weapons you have on one character and transfer them all over to another character, but at least the empty inventory slots you buy should be available for all characters you create on a system. They aren't. It was the main reason I never wanted to start a new character.

And it's still possible to transfer whatever you have from one character to another-you just need a very nice friend to do so.

crasher
09-10-2013, 04:46 PM
It's simple economics.
They need income to run the game/servers, and feed the devs once/while at the Top Notch company snack bar that Dahanese mentioned.

They don't want you to buy 15 slots, create 3 mule characters to hold inventory, and use those 15 slots you bought to store 45 additional weapons and/or mods on the 3 mules.

They don't want you to store mods on weapons in inventory so the mods or the weapon are destroyed in one go, no pulling off an individual mod to use elsewhere, or trading up a low quality mod for a better one without losing ALL the mods on the weapon.

Sanguinesun
09-10-2013, 05:43 PM
The only extra slots that apply to your account instead of character only are the bonus ones from the arkcodes or deluxe edition etc. Bit store purchases are character only. Its silly, really even if they're desperate for revenue.

Indra Echo
09-10-2013, 08:39 PM
It's simple economics.
They need income to run the game/servers, and feed the devs once/while at the Top Notch company snack bar that Dahanese mentioned.

They don't want you to buy 15 slots, create 3 mule characters to hold inventory, and use those 15 slots you bought to store 45 additional weapons and/or mods on the 3 mules.

They don't want you to store mods on weapons in inventory so the mods or the weapon are destroyed in one go, no pulling off an individual mod to use elsewhere, or trading up a low quality mod for a better one without losing ALL the mods on the weapon.

I do of course understand the reason behind it, but I've never liked it. In fact, it is one of the things that keeps me from thinking about buying more - that and the horrible inventory interface. My point here is if you make a game that is a lot of fun then people buy stuff for the fun of it-wants become needs because they're having so much fun and more stuff makes it more fun.

But, if you use methods to sort of force people to use real money in a game, then don't give them continuing fun reasons for buying stuff, they'll end up disgruntled.

I've played a lot of games that had only a few things that required real money-costumes, new mini-levels and stickers. I was having so much fun in the game I kept buying everything.

crasher
09-10-2013, 09:53 PM
I do of course understand the reason behind it, but I've never liked it. In fact, it is one of the things that keeps me from thinking about buying more - that and the horrible inventory interface. My point here is if you make a game that is a lot of fun then people buy stuff for the fun of it-wants become needs because they're having so much fun and more stuff makes it more fun.

But, if you use methods to sort of force people to use real money in a game, then don't give them continuing fun reasons for buying stuff, they'll end up disgruntled.

I've played a lot of games that had only a few things that required real money-costumes, new mini-levels and stickers. I was having so much fun in the game I kept buying everything.Naturally I agree.

soria
09-12-2013, 06:14 PM
from my original post what i did to get over this was to make sure that my inventory was full when i purchased lock boxs etc great idea? wrong !!!!items retieved from claims do not appear to receive mastery bonus so beware of this i now have seven orange weapons without bonus and i have had to raise a ticket.also the mule idea is silly because a new character has access to your original claims section so you can pull stuff into a new character to breakdown or sell.also use the friend transfer method if possible its safe.RIP OFF SEEMS TO BE THE ANSWER

hardy83
09-12-2013, 06:59 PM
Inventory is always the go to item to sell for cash. I don't know any B2P or F2P MMO that doesn't try to suck as much money possible out of selling inventory.
GW2 is especially bad. The price for their inventory increase are atrocious (of course everything in that game is kind of overpriced. lol)

Indra Echo
09-12-2013, 09:56 PM
from my original post what i did to get over this was to make sure that my inventory was full when i purchased lock boxs etc great idea? wrong !!!!items retieved from claims do not appear to receive mastery bonus so beware of this i now have seven orange weapons without bonus and i have had to raise a ticket.also the mule idea is silly because a new character has access to your original claims section so you can pull stuff into a new character to breakdown or sell.also use the friend transfer method if possible its safe.RIP OFF SEEMS TO BE THE ANSWER

That was my point about doing this to avoid muling--it makes no sense because you can get a friend to help. Really games need to be fun to play so that purchases you make are not forced issues that make you cringe, but fun things that add enjoyment to a game you already enjoy.

The EA idea of microtransactions is the forced kind (like this inventory slot idea and consumable HP and ammo)---EA's CEO said it that they want people to pay for bullets and they've done that in their games, other games will follow.