PDA

View Full Version : Which scope for an frc heavy carbine?

BlackNinjaFF
09-10-2013, 02:03 PM
I hate the scope on the frc heavy carbine. Since you can't remove it, which scope changes the graphic and offers the same or less magnification?

Save me some real time and fake money.

Cavadus
09-10-2013, 02:04 PM
Stabilization Sight.

Arsenic_Touch
09-10-2013, 02:04 PM
Commando is the one you want. It gives you medium zoom, but has more surface area so you can see more compared to the higher zoom scope. The assault scope and the stabilization scope don't even add a scope.

BlackNinjaFF
09-10-2013, 02:05 PM
Stabilization sight doesn't add aim accuracy and it doesn't remove the scope does it?

I tried a white assault scope and there was no visual change. I assumed the stabilization scope was the same.

BlackNinjaFF
09-10-2013, 02:07 PM
Sounds like commando is what I'm looking for. I don't normally use heavies and I usually use stabilization on my other ARs.

Arsenic_Touch
09-10-2013, 02:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/0qGWMUz.jpg
Commando

vs

http://i.imgur.com/Yxcrjbf.jpg
Tactical

As you can see, the commando scope will serve you much better on a heavy assault carbine.

BlackNinjaFF
09-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Thanks a ton. Commando it is!

Cavadus
09-10-2013, 02:21 PM
Stabilization sight doesn't add aim accuracy and it doesn't remove the scope does it?

It removes the scope and while it doesn't add aim accuracy it does add regular accuracy plus movement accuracy. HACs need movement accuracy very badly and, as it turns out, they're pretty crap at range due to falloff killing their damage by ~70% from 55 to 63 meters. If you want range grab a TACC because they have zero falloff.

Arsenic_Touch
09-10-2013, 02:24 PM
It removes the scope and while it doesn't add aim accuracy it does add regular accuracy plus movement accuracy. HACs need movement accuracy very badly and, as it turns out, they're pretty crap at range due to falloff killing their damage by ~70% from 55 to 63 meters. If you want range grab a TACC because they have zero falloff.

Stabilization scope does not remove the scope. It doesn't add a scope, there's a difference.

Cavadus
09-10-2013, 02:27 PM
Doesn't the stab sight turn everything into a zoomed-in third-person view? The last thing I remember installing it on was an LM-43 but that doesn't have a scope to begin with.

Since switching to SASRs I stopped using HACs.

Arsenic_Touch
09-10-2013, 02:28 PM
Doesn't the stab sight turn everything into a zoomed-in third-person view?

Not on a heavy assault carbine. Otherwise it would be the go to scope for the gun. We wanted iron sights for the HAC, but they didn't give it to us. We were under the impression with the scope changes that it would remove that annoying red scope, but it doesn't.

Cavadus
09-10-2013, 02:29 PM
We were under the impression with the scope changes that it would remove that annoying red scope, but it doesn't.

Yeah, that's definitely how the dev made it sound in the thread he or she put it up. Bummer.

Frozen
09-10-2013, 03:21 PM
Am I the only one who likes the red tactical scope? I was bummed they pulled it.