PDA

View Full Version : Crashed after helping Cass in first tutorial.

Shammered
04-01-2013, 11:01 PM
Finished defending the structure with Cass at the beginning and it went to a cutscene but then crashed right away, now when i load up the game it brings me to the tutorial zone, which looks empty when i hit Map, and it won't let me continue anywhere and kicks me off the server after about 15 seconds everytime. Crashing at the cutscene seems to have put me into a deadzone or something?

Maelstrom7
04-01-2013, 11:02 PM
alot of us have the same problem. i deleted my character. Remade him ran though tutorial again and stuck AGAIN.
Then just made a random new guy and made it all the way though.

Drugstore
04-01-2013, 11:08 PM
Ive made 6 characters now. All have locked up at the same point. Deleted all characters. Tried Europe servers. Nothing works. Im pissed and about to harass steam for a refund as well as freak out on every forum known to man saying how crappy this is. All I want at this point is someone from Trion to say WE KNOW THERE IS AN ISSUE and we are working on it. You can bet that as many posts as i have seen across so many different forums that there are 10s of thousands of people with this issue and NO word from Trion.....

Amster
04-01-2013, 11:11 PM
I had this problem. I did NOT remake my character, but I just kept relogging and it finally put me in Mount Tam.

Drugstore
04-01-2013, 11:21 PM
Well 7th time is a charm? But i was on a Europe server. Now to try my 8th toon.

Mogway
04-01-2013, 11:30 PM
Same thing. Its a server load problem I'm guessing. And if thats the case Trion needs slapped silly for not adding a queue system. I was playing earlier today with no issues as far as this goes and Rift had a much smoother launch. I should have listned to my intuition and not bought it. But I had some fun in beta so I figured the $60 was worth it. But the more I look at forums, the more I think about issues and poorly devloped things such as proper UI, chat, ect and now these issues (I'm pretty sure its server load) I'm beginning to think this will never be more than a beta test cash grab.

Sure some people will say I'm overracting but I hold Trion to a higher standard than the game currently. They are better developers than they are showing and I know they know how to launch an MMO, they did another one ALMOST flawlessly.

Jaince
04-01-2013, 11:33 PM
Same issue here.
Keeps kicking me telling the server is not responding.

I suppose it tries to move you from the tutorial zone to the real server, and those are a tad overloaded.

Razishai
04-01-2013, 11:40 PM
I also get this issue, Started 3 characters and so far all have crashed at the end of the tutorial when trying to load the Mount Tam area, Sigh

Deathsvenom
04-01-2013, 11:47 PM
same here but think servers not realy up think its 2 hours from now if we go by forum time

Artek
04-02-2013, 12:06 AM
Same issues here :(

ACReaper
04-02-2013, 08:23 AM
same for me now im waiting in live chat to get some answers :(

IceGhost
04-02-2013, 08:27 AM
I'm having this same problem. I thought it was a different issue that I read about, but this thread sounds more like the kind of problem I am having.

Sledgehammer70
04-02-2013, 09:09 AM
We are aware of this issue and are working to resolve.