PDA

View Full Version : General Discussion consolidation incoming!

dahanese
09-10-2013, 03:57 PM
Hey guys,

We're working on streamlining the forums and making more posts visible to a larger chatting community (as well as doing away with some of the less busy forums.) As such, General Discussion is now going to consolidate into a single megaforum - no more segregation by platform. Why? Mostly because I found that we were creating a lot of duplicate threads on the same topic in each subforum which was fracturing conversation. Fansite updates will also be wrapped into General Discussion - we're hoping this gets more folks into those conversations!

This will happen tomorrow.

Thanks,

-e.

Arsenic_Touch
09-10-2013, 04:56 PM
All this is going to do is clutter up the general forum even more. They need to keep the 3 separate sections because the games are dynamically different so the discussions are different. If the mod team actually moved posts to the proper forum regularly, cut down on the trade spam in the separate sections and closed down duplicate posts and linked to the main discussion, things would run a lot more smoothly.

This will push discussions down even faster and make it harder for people to see them and will bring upon even more duplicate threads.

Bad idea.

Worldviewsinc
09-10-2013, 05:33 PM
All this is going to do is clutter up the general forum even more. They need to keep the 3 separate sections because the games are dynamically different so the discussions are different. If the mod team actually moved posts to the proper forum regularly, cut down on the trade spam in the separate sections and closed down duplicate posts and linked to the main discussion, things would run a lot more smoothly.

This will push discussions down even faster and make it harder for people to see them and will bring upon even more duplicate threads.

Bad idea.

Agreed...Nothing more to add as you've pretty much nailed it Arsenic

August Barkley
09-10-2013, 05:51 PM
All this is going to do is clutter up the general forum even more.
Do not worry, they will make the number of posts as expendable, with the possibility to replenish your number of posts from the vendor. :D

Now more seriously. This is both good and bad at the same time. Why? Because there is a common problem for all platforms, but there are also specific. Moreover, it will be much harder to get things sorted. You will need to create separate partitions for the discussion of balance, gameplay, and other things to understand the situation somehow. Thus, we return to where we started.

I agree that common issues do not need to be duplicated for each platform. Nevertheless, the specific questions should remain in their respective sections. Otherwise you just get stuck in this mess.

MacDeath
09-10-2013, 08:47 PM
Hey guys,

We're working on streamlining the forums and making more posts visible to a larger chatting community (as well as doing away with some of the less busy forums.) As such, General Discussion is now going to consolidate into a single megaforum - no more segregation by platform. Why? Mostly because I found that we were creating a lot of duplicate threads on the same topic in each subforum which was fracturing conversation. Fansite updates will also be wrapped into General Discussion - we're hoping this gets more folks into those conversations!

Thanks,

-e.
IMO, this sounds like another idea to make life easier for the Community Team while taking away the ability of the players to have discussions within their 'playable communities'. I would rather see it go the OPPOSITE way, remove the global discussion and focus all discussions within the three platform communities.

Or, even better, DO consolidate the discussion forums to be cross platform but follow up by consolidating to make the game global as well. I think it would be great to have one server supporting all three platforms.

MacDeath
09-10-2013, 08:52 PM

Bad idea.
It's a bad idea from the player perspective. IMO, it's being done to make life easier for the Community Team. OTOH, if the dev team can focus so much energy to attempt to drive players away from the game, shouldn't the community team pitch in as well by trying to make the forums less useful?

lokiscamaro
09-10-2013, 08:58 PM
a good way to alleiviate clutter on the forums would be an ingame auction house. let us sell our cars and guns and shields INGAME.

Frozen
09-10-2013, 09:57 PM
Are you guys for real? We don't discuss *anything* in one Forum that doesn't show up in another. There is absolutely NO "dynamic" difference in this game between platforms, and if players are concerned a problem is platform specific they generally post it in the title anyways. This is a much better move, now Moderators can keep tabs on threads much easier.

That means catching spam threads/posts sooner, forum infractions, and responses to players questions and problems. They've just reduced their forum "workload" by at least 50%. That's 50% more time they can invest with us. This is a good move.

Bob Blunderbust
09-10-2013, 10:25 PM
That means catching spam threads/posts sooner, forum infractions, and responses to players questions and problems. They've just reduced their forum "workload" by at least 50%. That's 50% more time they can invest with us. This is a good move.

omg yes that will make it soooooooooooo0 much doable for them to make sure to keep spam out if they only had to watch one page oh wait what makes you think that they will watch one page more than 3 ? if all the posts go into the same page as it was going into all 3 do you really think that they will watch for spam and kill that spam asap ( I know soon is there fav work in the world ) nope the spam will still be there and they will say we cant watch it 24 7 so nope it wont change anything about spam and what will they do with this 50% more time with us hold our hands maybe take us out to lunch lmao or make soon post? i cant wait for 50% more soon posts its going to be out of this world amazing .............or they could keep it as is ...........but I don't think they will .....would of been cool to see a vote for it but oh well .........on a side note the xbox playstation war is gona be fun to watch

Dracian
09-10-2013, 10:30 PM
:|

Yeah. Great.

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/532659e6LcJ.gif

Arsenic_Touch
09-10-2013, 11:22 PM

Ha, no it doesn't. It means those spam threads will disappear quicker. Consolidating all those threads into one forum is only going to accomplish one thing, pushing down threads quicker and promote bump spam to keep the topics on the front page.

Chump Norris
09-11-2013, 12:43 AM
This is a terrible idea good sir or madam...

crasher
09-11-2013, 04:11 AM
This is a terrible idea good sir or madam...

Why don't you just consolidate all the movie promotions into one forum, and the people who want to discuss the game can go elsewhere entirely.
A large population of players with experience in the game who could answer questions have already moved on anyway.

It's not like we get answers here. We might as well just go independent for the same results, and Trion can close the boards down for lack of use at the same time that the devs torpedo the game so that they can close the servers down too.

It's a Win/Win for Trion.

OTOH, the console/pc wars will be epic, before they ban everybody.

Combo Breaker
09-11-2013, 05:00 AM
I actually think this is a good thing. None of these forums move that quickly these days. 4 or 5 months ago this might have been a bad idea, but not now.
I rarely post in the Xbox forums these days due to the inactivity there.
I see this as a good step to putting the remnants of the community together, which is essential for the survival of both the game and forums.

TravelerX1
09-11-2013, 06:18 AM
I disagree guys, this is a fantastic idea - if you are looking to drive people away from these forums.

Well played Community Team.... well played.

Shogo_Yahagi
09-11-2013, 08:20 AM
Hey guys,

Thanks,

-e.

Do not like.

Iceberg
09-11-2013, 09:54 AM
I disagree guys, this is a fantastic idea - if you are looking to drive people away from these forums.

I concur, this is a bad move. first they wont take care of the movie bots but they will lock down threads discussing it and actually having some resemblance of a community discussion on volunteer moderation. Now they want to consolidate all general forums into one? That is going to be a major cluster****.

All of this while being told "Give us time, or Soon" there wont be anyone left to chat on your forums except for movie bots if this continues.

dahanese
09-11-2013, 10:17 AM
IMO, this sounds like another idea to make life easier for the Community Team while taking away the ability of the players to have discussions within their 'playable communities'. I would rather see it go the OPPOSITE way, remove the global discussion and focus all discussions within the three platform communities.

Or, even better, DO consolidate the discussion forums to be cross platform but follow up by consolidating to make the game global as well. I think it would be great to have one server supporting all three platforms.

If we could consolidate the game to be cross platform, we would, in a heart beat. :)

dahanese
09-11-2013, 10:19 AM
I concur, this is a bad move. first they wont take care of the movie bots but they will lock down threads discussing it and actually having some resemblance of a community discussion on volunteer moderation. Now they want to consolidate all general forums into one? That is going to be a major cluster****.

All of this while being told "Give us time, or Soon" there wont be anyone left to chat on your forums except for movie bots if this continues.

First up: volunteers aren't happening - if that discussion ever goes beyond my one passing comment, I'll bring it back up again. No need to be upset over something that isn't real!

Spam: while we've slowed the spam, it's definitely not good enough. That's been escalated to our web dev and ops team to help with next steps. We're not ignoring it nor will we stop improving.

dahanese
09-11-2013, 10:21 AM
Ha, no it doesn't. It means those spam threads will disappear quicker. Consolidating all those threads into one forum is only going to accomplish one thing, pushing down threads quicker and promote bump spam to keep the topics on the front page.

We're going to be watching front page interaction after we make this switch and can tweak the number of threads that show up on the front page, for example. We'll also make sure that useless bumping is infracted so people can't spam threads like that - that's always been against the rules.

Iceberg
09-11-2013, 10:47 AM
First up: volunteers aren't happening - if that discussion ever goes beyond my one passing comment, I'll bring it back up again. No need to be upset over something that isn't real!

Spam: while we've slowed the spam, it's definitely not good enough. That's been escalated to our web dev and ops team to help with next steps. We're not ignoring it nor will we stop improving.

1. You misunderstand, I am not upset at all over that. I also agree that volunteer mods are not needed. I do however find it frustrating that it took as long as it did before those posts were finally taken care of.

2. I have not seen it slow down, I even counted up to 26 posts at one time being on the first two pages. That is the most I have seen in the last few weeks. Thats good to hear that you will not ignore it, but it seems that it was ignored after a couple of the community people posted in a thread discussing it and yet the spam posts were still up. Finally a mod came into the thread and started nuking those posts.

3. I understand that it is not your guys jobs to moderate the forums, but when things are a bit out of hand like that, taking a few minutes to tidy up wouldn't hurt. Don't get me wrong, I am not upset with anyone over the situation, I am a bit confused and a bit sad that this had to happen in the first place.

4. It seems we can't talk about anything without it being against the rules now, I guess I will be reprimanded for making this post, but I feel it was necessary to make a few points before they are misunderstood.

MacDeath
09-11-2013, 11:07 AM
If we could consolidate the game to be cross platform, we would, in a heart beat. :)
I know you would. It isn't easy having two 500 pound gorillas as partners.

Sanguinesun
09-11-2013, 11:55 AM
Why not combine Rift and Defiance general forums too, or would that be too obvious the intent then? :P

That said, I think combining the Defiance ones is a step in the right direction. Wholly approve of it as I think it sends out to everyone the right message concerning everything. ;)

Bob Blunderbust
09-11-2013, 03:55 PM
Why not combine Rift and Defiance general forums too, or would that be too obvious the intent then? :P

That said, I think combining the Defiance ones is a step in the right direction. Wholly approve of it as I think it sends out to everyone the right message concerning everything. ;)

I think we should combine defiance with rifts forums since the bots don't go there it will fix the spam 100%

NameInViolation
09-11-2013, 03:57 PM
good idea.

Or just kill this game off, cuz its a disease

Sanguinesun
09-11-2013, 05:40 PM
I think we should combine defiance with rifts forums since the bots don't go there it will fix the spam 100%

They get bots on kitchen stuff in the UK but perhaps the two styles will clash! Since now the merge is in place now for defiance alone we'll just have to wait and see. :P

joseph021775
09-11-2013, 06:11 PM
Well..lol other than the sudden change I was reading a post in the 360 area had to do some stuff and when I refreshed it was all different...thought I'd lost my mind again. As to combining it all up hey whatever works.

Wraieth
09-11-2013, 07:13 PM
We're going to be watching front page interaction after we make this switch and can tweak the number of threads that show up on the front page, for example. We'll also make sure that useless bumping is infracted so people can't spam threads like that - that's always been against the rules.

Ah so that's what this whole crap idea is realy about then? Being able to make sure they can control and punish anyone with a thread they do not like.

If they do it this way it will be a lot easier for them to make sure no posts that disagree with their ideas or the games short comings can be seen on the front page.

They can make sure all the threads with that shows any sighns of discontent are quickly squashed.

That's what this is realy about hasn't got crap to do with stream lineing its all about the damage control.

dahanese
09-11-2013, 07:48 PM
1. You misunderstand, I am not upset at all over that. I also agree that volunteer mods are not needed. I do however find it frustrating that it took as long as it did before those posts were finally taken care of.

2. I have not seen it slow down, I even counted up to 26 posts at one time being on the first two pages. That is the most I have seen in the last few weeks. Thats good to hear that you will not ignore it, but it seems that it was ignored after a couple of the community people posted in a thread discussing it and yet the spam posts were still up. Finally a mod came into the thread and started nuking those posts.

3. I understand that it is not your guys jobs to moderate the forums, but when things are a bit out of hand like that, taking a few minutes to tidy up wouldn't hurt. Don't get me wrong, I am not upset with anyone over the situation, I am a bit confused and a bit sad that this had to happen in the first place.

4. It seems we can't talk about anything without it being against the rules now, I guess I will be reprimanded for making this post, but I feel it was necessary to make a few points before they are misunderstood.

Nothing's wrong with your post! We're working on becoming more lenient and transparent. I'm working on more ways to make this more clear: infracted posts not being removed and instead being denoted so folks can see what went wrong and learn from it (that will also help moderation in general feel less daunting and like a black box.)

And in terms of spam - we're not going to stop working on it. I'm also annoyed (to put it mildly) that this happened, but large/busy forums get targeted.

dahanese
09-11-2013, 07:50 PM
Ah so that's what this whole crap idea is realy about then? Being able to make sure they can control and punish anyone with a thread they do not like.

If they do it this way it will be a lot easier for them to make sure no posts that disagree with their ideas or the games short comings can be seen on the front page.

They can make sure all the threads with that shows any sighns of discontent are quickly squashed.

That's what this is realy about hasn't got crap to do with stream lineing its all about the damage control.

This forum would be a WHOLE different place if I wanted to squash all the negativity. But I think that's a terrible idea and I don't want it.

There's a difference between trolling and insulting and being negative. In terms of specific changes you can see easily (since loosening our restrictions on posts is pretty fuzzy) is that we're not going to delete most infracted posts in the future. I really didn't like that.

VicousBlood
09-11-2013, 07:54 PM
I guess if the game is the same across all platforms there really was no reason for it to be separated by platform.

Sanguinesun
09-11-2013, 08:39 PM
This forum would be a WHOLE different place if I wanted to squash all the negativity.

But isnt that exactly what you've managed to contrive in the last couple of weeks, whether you wish to compel others to think to the contrary or not?

hey u
09-11-2013, 08:39 PM
This forum would be a WHOLE different place if I wanted to squash all the negativity. But I think that's a terrible idea and I don't want it.

There's a difference between trolling and insulting and being negative. In terms of specific changes you can see easily (since loosening our restrictions on posts is pretty fuzzy) is that we're not going to delete most infracted posts in the future. I really didn't like that.

With this said there is also a difference to the amount if in-game money I spend. Ben franklins per month so ya money talks I would think.... Pay raise for YOU

hey u
09-11-2013, 08:42 PM
You are doing a great job to say I no troll here

When you 1000+ bucks put into this game it is really hard to diss or troll you guys

hey u
09-11-2013, 08:50 PM
lol if it was working lol I may have to go and get a payday loan to spot me cash to blow on your game. Not to this point yet but on your way

Dracian
09-11-2013, 10:23 PM
So, the forum merge has happened this night. We'll deal with it.

However, where went the old stickies ? The helpful slash commands ? The PSNID and GT list ? You know, the stuff that was helpful for rookies...

pooch83
09-11-2013, 10:56 PM

Bad idea.

i know your and "older" member of the game/forum/tv show like i am. but shouldnt you realize by now that, their "fixes" just break, f*ck up things... whatever they see fit and as fixes, usually just breaks things. and they will do it anyways, regardless of how the public will feel about it.

crasher
09-11-2013, 11:12 PM
So, the forum merge has happened this night. We'll deal with it.

However, where went the old stickies ? The helpful slash commands ? The PSNID and GT list ? You know, the stuff that was helpful for rookies...
Why?
So we can fight about the 'master race PC'/'Consoles holding us back' crap?

Screw it. They're trying to make the game harder/pointless to play, they just turned the forums into pointless snot where instead of reading the 6 topics that affect me and my platform I get to wade thru topics that have nothing to do with my interests.

Stupider and stupider'er.

It's obvious that the forums are designed for the easy use of the moderators, and not the forum readers/users.

I guess they're trying to make the place look busy after realizing they drove so many people away.

I read forums a lot, and this one just lost most of it relevance.

Dracian
09-11-2013, 11:24 PM
Why?

Objection !

That's not crap, kind sir or madam ! That's a genuine debate on a proven and widely accepted fact that those Dirty consoles peasants are holding the PC Master Race back !

No ? :p

Bentu
09-12-2013, 12:11 AM
Glad you've done this, general discussion didn't need individual system forums.

Frozen
09-12-2013, 12:30 AM
Why?

Screw it. They're trying to make the game harder/pointless to play, they just turned the forums into pointless snot where instead of reading the 6 topics that affect me and my platform I get to wade thru topics that have nothing to do with my interests.

Stupider and stupider'er.

You should be happy, now you can be negative in 30 threads instead of just your 6. :P
What exactly is happening on the PC or PS3 that's not affecting the 360, or vice versa(s)? And when there is a system specific problem/debate/bug when does it NOT end up posted in the General anyways? I'm not having any trouble finding threads now with the changeover, let's see how it is in a few days.

NoahsArkfall
09-12-2013, 12:35 AM
My utmost gratitude to you and yours. Now that it will require even more time to find threads relative to my gameplay I shall henceforth abstain from participating in any at all. You have thus provided me with more time to devote to other endeavors.

Well done good sir or madam!

I doth protest!

BlackR3ap3r
09-12-2013, 05:01 AM
i gotta say that if this game was a graph it would be plummeting at a steeper and steeper angle with every passing day.....over priced cosmetic changes no one but you can see 90% of the time due to huge screw up in graphical programing, sniper rifles that cant be used properly due to horrid draw distance, running into "invisible" walls/enemies due to those same graphical programming short comings, variety of encounters greatly decreased due to 80-90% volge emergencies that a lot of players wont touch with a eighty foot pole since the loot was nerfed (even after we were told that it wouldnt be), lack of content updates just because the show is between seasons doesnt mean we dont want "episodic" content added periodically to keep some influx of new objectives/missions to keep people actually coming back for something more then the dailys and weapon grinding, and lock boxes....actually im not even gonna say anything about them due to everyone already knowing how screwed they are since the DLC popped... purchased (with keycodes and scrip since i refuse to spend $ on lock boxes given there ridiculous chance at a decent weapon) 20ish T4s and 40-50 T3s since the DLC and have only received around 10 purples the rest blues but mostly greens and not a single orange.....anyways

/End Rant

Indra Echo
09-12-2013, 06:09 AM

Bad idea.

Agree with this. The xbox has issues that the PC does not and vice versa. The PS3 has issues that neither of the other 2 systems do. If clutter needs to be removed, we know what is the cause of a lot of it. I see this as a backwards model (with a lot of similarities) for the in game inventory UI. Categories are important for clarity and to un-clutter things. Apparently one long list is some new invention we just don't appreciate enough.

My other real problem with this is now how consolidation worked. I see threads with at most 2 pages being on the front page or farther up in prominence (one asking people to not repeat questions on the livestream) whereas important gamebreaking issues with a lot of pages, have been forced even further back so they'll be ignored. If this was the intent, it worked. Let's all pay tribute to spambots and all that now can push problems out of the forefront.

Indra Echo
09-12-2013, 06:16 AM
You should be happy, now you can be negative in 30 threads instead of just your 6. :P
What exactly is happening on the PC or PS3 that's not affecting the 360, or vice versa(s)? And when there is a system specific problem/debate/bug when does it NOT end up posted in the General anyways? I'm not having any trouble finding threads now with the changeover, let's see how it is in a few days.

The PC has capabilities not fully explored due to the console-like nature of the game's development. I have both console versions. Opposite to that is the fact that the console versions have issues related to lag that mostly do not affect PCs the same way. And the PS3 has had issues with patches and DLC that are different from issues on the xbox regarding these.

The very question indicates that prior to this change things did work quite well.

If I wanted to find out if PS3 users were having the issues that xbox users and PC users were having (same issue on all systems would indicate the game might be the problem and not the system), I could easily do so--this actually would be a help to developers in trying to track down where a certain problem lies. If the problem is more system-specific, say PCs are always crashing when people travel to Bug n Chug, but no one is reporting the problem for consoles, then the problem may be something specific to PCs, so the devs might be able to for now ignore the consoles regarding this issue.

John Pope
09-12-2013, 06:20 AM
Holy testicles! What do I see!? You simply create the appearance of debate, and when people firmly said, "No", you just did what were going to ... I guess I underestimated the level of hypocrisy that can be achieved on this forum. And by the way, you can make it not sticky, it is irrelevant.

TigrisMorte
09-12-2013, 06:34 AM
... useless bumping is infracted ...

So lets just be straight here. Arsenic rightly points out that the result is topics moving from the front page faster and suggests that in order to maintain visibility of their post such that some response might occur posting party may resort to bump spam. And your response to that is, "yeah they might. But if people try to get their topic noticed we'll wak 'em."
Um, so you openly admit the reason for consolidation is to get bothersome posts to vanish from notice without having to delete them?
I mean, tinfoil hat and greatest respect but that really sounds like the intent.

TigrisMorte
09-12-2013, 06:37 AM
I guess if the game is the same across all platforms there really was no reason for it to be separated by platform.
except it blatantly is not. and a big issue on one platform wipes all topics from the other two. So, sure, no reason.

TigrisMorte
09-12-2013, 06:41 AM
..people firmly said, "No", ...hypocrisy...

In all fairness this is at best a benevolent dictatorship, like all forums. I don't like the consequences and think the concept is backassward, but it isn't hypocrisy. There was no, "if y'all like."
Simple stated and done.

N3gativeCr33p
09-12-2013, 07:04 AM

Well said, kind sir (or madam)!!

Bad bad bad bad bad decision, Trion. Yet again.

#facepalm

MacDeath
09-12-2013, 07:45 AM
Well said, kind sir (or madam)!!

Bad bad bad bad bad decision, Trion. Yet again.

#facepalm
I too think it's a bad decesion but, IMO, there's no need for upset posters to get their panties in a bunch... Just wat a couple of weeks. Trion rarely sticks with a strategy more than a few weeks and tactics? Tactics change every day.

Shogo_Yahagi
09-12-2013, 08:27 AM
"The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search:
PS3"

Thanks, Trion.

drackiller
09-12-2013, 08:37 AM
I too thin it's a bad decesion but, IMO, there's no need for upset posters to get their panties in a bunch... Just wat a couple of weeks. Trion rarely sticks with a strategy more than a few weeks and tactics? Tactics change every day.

LOl, i have to say that the forum is now...more confuse !?
I hope they really reavaluate this decision.

Xaearth
09-12-2013, 08:41 AM
"The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search:
PS3"

Thanks, Trion.

We clearly need to invent new keywords to tag our posts with.

I vote Bacon for PC. (Who doesn't like bacon?)

XBox and PS3 can fight over who gets to be Johnny Gat. (Who doesn't want to be Johnny Gat?)

N3gativeCr33p
09-12-2013, 09:26 AM
Just wat a couple of weeks. Trion rarely sticks with a strategy more than a few weeks and tactics? Tactics change every day.

They (Trion) will be lucky if I even decide to turn their game on in a couple of days, much less a couple of weeks. Once Tuesday rolls around, this game is on very borrowed time as far as I'm concerned.

zambeezi
09-12-2013, 09:42 AM

Bad idea.

Agreed. I too find it strange that you would throw pc and consoles in the same mix... but then again stranger things have happened!

dahanese
09-12-2013, 10:58 AM
As this has been completed, we're unstickying the announcement post!

Notturno
09-12-2013, 11:02 AM

Threads are being bumped off the first page incessantly by spam bots, console players are still making absurd amounts of trade threads on general, and nobody knows which platform people are talking about.

The action may be completed, but the forums are a completely unusable mess.

Dracian
09-12-2013, 11:06 AM
At that point, I think the only viable solution is to close the General Discussion section.

No more complains, no more trade demands, no more bots. Win-win.

Shogo_Yahagi
09-12-2013, 11:10 AM

A cogent and well-reasoned response to my problem, good madam!

Error404
09-12-2013, 11:20 AM
Threads are being bumped off the first page incessantly by spam bots, console players are still making absurd amounts of trade threads on general, and nobody knows which platform people are talking about.

This sounds familiar.

3rdpig
09-12-2013, 11:50 AM
I too think it's a bad decesion but, IMO, there's no need for upset posters to get their panties in a bunch... Just wat a couple of weeks. Trion rarely sticks with a strategy more than a few weeks and tactics? Tactics change every day.

Tactics that change when the wind blows is a failure of leadership. Can't blame employees for running around like chickens with their heads cut off when there's no overall leadership defining strategy and goals. Someone with vision needs to be hired (or promoted from within) then appoint people to apply that vision and keep the rest of the team on track. Good grief, this is "Success in Business for Dummies", not bloody rocket science.

N3gativeCr33p
09-12-2013, 12:04 PM

Well said, kind sir (or madam)! Thumbs up.

AmnesiaHaze
09-12-2013, 01:45 PM
thats awesome, now we can find all the movie spambots at one place

/sarcasm

Iceberg
09-12-2013, 02:16 PM
Can we get a road map for the forum? Or game? Or the future of the company?

Arsenic_Touch
09-12-2013, 02:24 PM
Hm, looks like I was right, go figure. :cool:

Would've been a lot more prudent to consolidate after you actually had the spam bot problem under control, instead of making the forums more hectic. So instead of one step forward, two steps back, you decided to take a leap off that cliff.

Iceberg
09-12-2013, 02:28 PM

Would've been a lot more prudent to consolidate after you actually had the spam bot problem under control, instead of making the forums more hectic. So instead of one step forward, two steps back, you decided to take a leap off that cliff.

In their defense, they had a thread about this, to talk about it in a discussion. We should have made a stronger argument against it. That's how these things work right?

Sanguinesun
09-12-2013, 02:32 PM

You know as well as we all do that this consolidation was nothing related to the stated intents but just another coach class car on the marginalization train.

I'd say its not them taking a leap of the cliff but the rest of us being directed off it Road Runner style. :rolleyes:

Iceberg
09-12-2013, 02:47 PM
You know as well as we all do that this consolidation was nothing related to the stated intents but just another coach class car on the marginalization train.

I'd say its not them taking a leap of the cliff but the rest of us being directed off it Road Runner style. :rolleyes:

You won't fall as long as you do not look down.

Sanguinesun
09-12-2013, 03:01 PM
You won't fall as long as you do not look down.

Hehehe if only that held true.

http://jamsidedown.com/images/2007/09/01/wiley_coyote_cliff.jpeg

RealHoosier07
09-12-2013, 03:13 PM
because the game population has died off and they don't need all of those forums. I don't see near the amount of threads on here as a month ago. The forum consolidation will be fine, and too many posts pushing down good topics isn't going to be a problem....because there aren't many people playing this anymore, thus way less posts.

Indra Echo
09-12-2013, 03:15 PM

In other words the goal has been achieved. Instead of complaining about the game, we're all complaining about a lack of ability to find threads about the game so we can complain in them. The plan is working.

Beck
09-12-2013, 08:40 PM
Fan site forums were dead. K-TAM was the only real active posts there and I don't think we will get our own forum here. I think some consolidation is good. I think the consoles should remain individual. You could probably mix the clan forums as most clans seem to be cross platform, the larger ones anyway, and the smaller ones are not likely to be active enough anyway.

Seeing as the community has shrunk it is a good idea to also shrink the forums.

dahanese
09-12-2013, 09:38 PM
Fan site forums were dead. K-TAM was the only real active posts there and I don't think we will get our own forum here. I think some consolidation is good. I think the consoles should remain individual. You could probably mix the clan forums as most clans seem to be cross platform, the larger ones anyway, and the smaller ones are not likely to be active enough anyway.

Seeing as the community has shrunk it is a good idea to also shrink the forums.

Interesting: would you guys like to see the clan forums merge?

Arsenic_Touch
09-12-2013, 09:39 PM

No way. The clan forums need to remain separate. Most clans do not seem to be cross platform, most of them are not. While there may be a few that are, it wouldn't be fair to anyone to push it all together and it would actually make it harder for people to find clans. With the way it is, they can see which clans are still remaining active with their thread and post appropriately.

BlackR3ap3r
09-13-2013, 01:31 AM

It would be nice if the need/want trading post link was on the front page so new users can find it without having to delve into the whole list....it would combat the price checking and trade posts in the general section

Dracian
09-13-2013, 01:57 AM
It would be nice if the need/want trading post link was on the front page so new users can find it without having to delve into the whole list....it would combat the price checking and trade posts in the general section

This so much, there are too many levels in the different categories. IMO, something like that would be far better :

+ Defiance Forums (English)
--------------------------------
-+ Announcements
-+ Patch Notes
-+ Dev Tracker
-+ General : General Discussion
-+ General : Story And Lore
-+ General : PvE, Missions And Coop
-+ General : PvP
-+ General : Suggestions
-+ General : Alpha Test Server
-+ Trading : PC-EU
-+ Trading : PC-NA
-+ Trading : PS3-EU
-+ Trading : PS3-NA
-+ Trading : XBOX-EU
-+ Trading : XBOX-NA
-+ Clans : PC-EU
-+ Clans : PC-NA
-+ Clans : PS3-EU
-+ Clans : PS3-NA
-+ Clans : XBOX-EU
-+ Clans : XBOX-NA
-+ Support : PC
-+ Support : PS3
-+ Support : XBOX
-+ Off Topic

Ofc, everything would be accessible from the forum root (http://forums.defiance.com).

I don't talk about German and French Forums, it's not as busy as it is here :)

MacDeath
09-13-2013, 05:04 AM
I think you're right. Lots of folks don't know where to find them or even that they exist.

MacDeath
09-13-2013, 05:05 AM
This so much, there are too many levels in the different categories. IMO, something like that would be far better :

-+ Announcements
-+ Patch Notes
-+ Dev Tracker
-+ Off Topic

Ofc, everything would be accessible from the forum root (http://forums.defiance.com).

Looks good. I support this message

N3gativeCr33p
09-13-2013, 05:28 AM
No way. The clan forums need to remain separate. Most clans do not seem to be cross platform, most of them are not. While there may be a few that are, it wouldn't be fair to anyone to push it all together and it would actually make it harder for people to find clans. With the way it is, they can see which clans are still remaining active with their thread and post appropriately.

Well said, kind sir (or madam)!

AmnesiaHaze
09-13-2013, 07:14 AM

-+ Announcements
-+ Patch Notes
-+ Dev Tracker
-+ Off Topic

i agree.........

zambeezi
09-13-2013, 09:19 AM
This is utter crap! More than once today I read some threads only to realise it's a discussion about the pc version... The new set up/layout is not helping anybody apart from people that need to moderate and maintain the forums. You might as well consolidate everything including the German and French forums!

Cavadus
09-13-2013, 12:14 PM

Absolutely not.

dahanese
09-13-2013, 01:02 PM

-+ Announcements
-+ Patch Notes
-+ Dev Tracker
-+ Off Topic

Let me think on this over the weekend. I kind of agree.

Worldviewsinc
09-13-2013, 01:45 PM
Let me think on this over the weekend. I kind of agree.

If you decide this is a good thing, dahanese, then please don't relegate our 'Off Topic' family to the bottom...It's the friendliest place on the boards!!!

Dracian
09-14-2013, 12:00 AM
If you decide this is a good thing, dahanese, then please don't relegate our 'Off Topic' family to the bottom...It's the friendliest place on the boards!!!

While I agree Off-Topic threads are usually pleasant and almost troll-free, it's almost always located at the bottom of official game forums boards... But I agree, it could be integrated to the General block.

Same goes for the Support block that could be merged with the Announcement/PatchNotes/DevTracker block (as it almost is right now)