PDA

View Full Version : Well, it took 5 months so I cant really complain..

Reichlyn
09-11-2013, 02:35 PM
although much of that has been because of holding onto hope that things would turn around in Defiance. I can say though that even I am finally burned out on the game. I havent played now in 4 of 5 days, and thats the most ive gone without playing since its release. The Dev team has officially killed the game for me, from lack of content, lack of anything meaningful added, and constant bugs and glitches. Grats Trion, you have already accomplished killing most of your player base, now its even finally gotten ME. I am not sure if I will quit for good, Id like to think Ill play once in a great while, maybe when some new stuff pops up, but Im frankly tired of seeing them talk up something new and exciting, only to find it its just rehashing already existing content, and adding things that are making the game even easier, as if thats needed. Its already far too easy, no challenge at all. Hopefully they will actually start to listen to the community, although I have my doubts about that. Seems the suggestions thread was just a joke. SyFy shouldve had a company that knows how to make a good game make the Defiance game. Not to sound rude, its just the truth. Even the Devs, if they set their pride aside, would have to admit that. Heres to hoping they do something to get this game going again. As of now, PS3 has never been more dead than it is now. There are times Ive done sieges lately and if we are lucky we might get a handful of people there. Its just gotten SO bad folks, just bad.

PointyShrew
09-11-2013, 03:31 PM
you can complain!!

complain I say!!!!!!!

r2nddan
09-11-2013, 03:41 PM
First of all, very interesting signature and profile picture.....Pointyshrew...

Anyway, back to the op. was this the only game you played for 5 months? if so, that's your problem right there. take a break for a few weeks and come back. you will love it again.

Sanguinesun
09-11-2013, 03:49 PM
Anyway, back to the op. was this the only game you played for 5 months? if so, that's your problem right there. take a break for a few weeks and come back. you will love it again.

I think he's more speaking to the consistent pattern of decisions/actions over the past 5 months giving compelling evidence for things not changing for the better.

r2nddan
09-11-2013, 04:40 PM
I think he's more speaking to the consistent pattern of decisions/actions over the past 5 months giving compelling evidence for things not changing for the better.
You may be right, however, i think he can speak for himself.

Lollie
09-11-2013, 04:50 PM
You may be right, however, i think he can speak for himself.

I think he did, and that's basically what he said.

RealHoosier07
09-11-2013, 05:05 PM
So yes that's what he meant. I feel the same way. Yes it's the only game I've played for 5 months, but you take that out of context. We both work 60 hours a week, so we didn't play Defiance all day and all night. I, as well as him, took many nights off of the game.

Taking time off from the game isn't going to help at all unless they drastically change some things and add TONS of content. The content in this game is lacking badly. They brought us a DLC we waited 5 months for...and what did we get? A big stinky turd. The DLC was horrible. The Battle Arenas are just flat out boring as hell and have no imagination involved in creating a circle room. It's pretty bad when we waited 5 months for something that barely added any content at all. The Sieges are kinda cool until you realize it's just shoot shoot shoot, reload, shoot shoot shoot, reload, shoot shoot shoot.

This game needs some strategic fighting involved. This game needs AI that can climb a freaking ladder. lol I would like to have one reason....one measily reason to have my mic on. This game needs to add things that require you to wear a mic or you will die and hinder your team. I loved this game, but the dev team has killed it for me. No challenge, No imagination, No strategy...this game is far too easy and repetitive as hell now. Every DLC should add land mass, new enemies, new co-ops, hard mode co-ops, 16 player raids that are more than just shooting your gun like a madman. Trion, congrats, you have killed your own game....now please do something to bring people back.

The Defiance world on PS3 is absolutely dead....and I mean dead. Oh well, I'm back addicted to Zombies on Call of Duty....now THAT game knows how to add strategy, force teamwork with mics, and is a helluva challenge to make it to high rounds. The Easter Eggs are amazing to do with 4 friends....very very challenging and fun to do.

Reichlyn
09-11-2013, 06:12 PM

and also, I am a casual gamer. I dont play games for hours on end each day. If Im lucky, I get about an hour and a half play time at most each day, and some days not at all. I didnt need to play other games, this game was fine for my gaming needs, Ive just finally grown tired of it. Its boring, no challenge, and nothing new and exciting has come since its came out. I dont count sieges, we had those already and frankly the Volge sieges got boring pretty darn fast. Theres just no fun factor to them. Its just unloading ammo into them.

RealHoosier07
09-11-2013, 07:32 PM
The fact that we haven't seen tons of fanboys calling this post out and telling us to leave if we don't like it...that shows just how far this game has fallen. When a post like this was made a month or two ago, it would have had 20 replies already telling that persont to buzz off. lol This game is dead. I feel like a zombie when I play this game....the same old crap time and time again makes a guy just zone out like a zombie when you play it....because it takes absolutely zero thinking to play this game, zero strategy, zero planning for battle, zero content.

Reichlyn
09-11-2013, 07:46 PM
Its not like I got on here raging and bashing the hell out of the game. The things I said are just facts, plain and simple. We know, THEY know, even Trion knows it, even if they wouldnt say it publicly. They have no one but themselves to blame for this games decline.

royal
09-11-2013, 08:00 PM
Agreed. The most fun I had the last few days was climbing on top of the chimney at The Crater and dancing. As i watch the tumbleweeds and the random, rare player drift by. That and finding a good spot to pull the 1080 spin; seeing how far behind the yellow boundary I could get.

Nobody at the Volge sieges, maybe get level 8. Assuming they don't bug out that is. Twice I've been in them in the last few days and it got stuck at level 5.

To say nothing of the lag that wasnt fixed. Ever driven in the blue sky of Defiance, a world populated only by trees, rocks and invisible barriers? I have.
Then it turns into the charred black world. But at least you can see the road now.

Hasn't happened for a couple of days.

Because there is no one on anymore, I suppose.

There is nothing to do anymore. What? Am I supposed to replay the mission? The arenas? Please. How is it any different from rampages/hotshots? Oh, I can get a sword . . . That is weaker than nearly any good shotgun? Yeah. If I'm going to have to get in close, I'd like to get more than two hits in before they respond.

Valaska
09-11-2013, 09:43 PM
although much of that has been because of holding onto hope that things would turn around in Defiance. I can say though that even I am finally burned out on the game. I havent played now in 4 of 5 days, and thats the most ive gone without playing since its release. The Dev team has officially killed the game for me, from lack of content, lack of anything meaningful added, and constant bugs and glitches. Grats Trion, you have already accomplished killing most of your player base, now its even finally gotten ME. I am not sure if I will quit for good, Id like to think Ill play once in a great while, maybe when some new stuff pops up, but Im frankly tired of seeing them talk up something new and exciting, only to find it its just rehashing already existing content, and adding things that are making the game even easier, as if thats needed. Its already far too easy, no challenge at all. Hopefully they will actually start to listen to the community, although I have my doubts about that. Seems the suggestions thread was just a joke. SyFy shouldve had a company that knows how to make a good game make the Defiance game. Not to sound rude, its just the truth. Even the Devs, if they set their pride aside, would have to admit that. Heres to hoping they do something to get this game going again. As of now, PS3 has never been more dead than it is now. There are times Ive done sieges lately and if we are lucky we might get a handful of people there. Its just gotten SO bad folks, just bad.

Heh, your face is blurry.

MacDeath
09-12-2013, 12:51 AM
Possibly hungover? :)

Reichlyn
09-12-2013, 02:54 AM

good enough lol.

Shreddi
09-12-2013, 03:33 AM
I am updating the damn game right now after not on for over 2 months. Is the T.V. show still even on? So far this thread isn't very promising. Well should be updated by now. Have fun.

Sanguinesun
09-12-2013, 03:49 AM
I am updating the damn game right now after not on for over 2 months. Is the T.V. show still even on? So far this thread isn't very promising. Well should be updated by now. Have fun.

TV show season ended months ago. It wont be returning again until june of next year. It has been relegated to a summer filler slot.

tabularasa
09-12-2013, 03:53 AM

Syfy shows premiere like everything else, after a year. They started production on new season in April, should show season 2 closer to thanksgiving.

On a separate note, Trion is aware of what happened to this game, and while ex-employees are complaining on other forums, the current group was brought over from RIFTS and are striving to clean the "spilled milk" off the floor to make this a better game. Just gonna take some time.

Unfortunately, other games like Tabula Rasa which had fixes implemented was eventually cancelled, (although TR was done in by Lord British taking most of the funding money and flying into space), but it seems Trion is going to stick by this and hopefully re-invent the wheel.

Its working for Final Fantasy 14, so will have to take a wait and see attitude.

N3gativeCr33p
09-12-2013, 05:27 AM
Nobody at the Volge sieges, maybe get level 8. Assuming they don't bug out that is. Twice I've been in them in the last few days and it got stuck at level 5.

Another Volge siege locked up on stage 5 again last night... sigh...

Indra Echo
09-12-2013, 05:52 AM
I"m sorry but I will call out the post relating this to Call of Dooty. I've played every stupid CoD game out there and gee, each one is so very different from the last--talk about mind numbing and brain deadening. Not to mention all the vulgar raging being done in game BY 5 YEAR OLDS. What a very mature game. As I said, I'm one of the millions of fools that has played those games and wow the experience is vastly different year after year-why even many of the maps are the exact same maps they've released before--but some don't have snow or whatever. And great to pay $15 for that opportunity. But wow, can't wait to get to the next Prestige level because it will be sooo different from the last Prestige level.

Sure zombies may be fun enough (I never liked them) but it's horde mode and I've played better horde modes, in other games--Mass Effect 3's version was a lot more fun.

And of course the OP and everyone else is free to feel whatever about this game-feelings about anything are subjective and it would be pointless to argue which is better, vanilla or chocolate. I do think this game has reached a tipping point, but I don't believe any recent CoD game compares favorably to it.

But wow, at least they force you to use mics. Except, no they don't. I refuse to use them in any CoD game - and those that often do use them have nothing important to say in the game. In fact, CoD games have been the very worst ones in which to actually unmute other players. I don't want to hear someone's tv, music, kids screaming, people singing about hackers, people vomiting, coughing, spitting, hurling racist things, yelling at everyone else in the game because they can't get any kills, telling people to camp, telling people not to camp, yelling about others camping, players screaming random things into their mics, players blasting extremely loud music every time they're killed, and generally no one, no one talking about the game.

I recently agreed with someone that lag in one match was really bad-he started screaming at me to shut up. That was the first time in a long time I actually thought I might try my mic-I made the mistake of agreeing about lag. He started screaming and then his friend did. And in another game, a ten year old (sounded like) started constantly scream babbling about nothing that made sense and then he'd start to laugh loud and burst out with random screams. Glad I had my mic on for that.

And so glad I decided to actually try to play the game-in one match of 12 players (6 on a side), the other team had 8 players and we had 4--this is the worst I've seen--I've often been in teams of 5 where the other side has 7. Perfect game. In another instance, we had a match that just began and had incredibly bad lag, the score was like 5 to 4. So, the game migrated hosts. We got back into the game and suddenly the other team had 32 and we had 6. Great game, great experience. Love the campers, love the shouters, love the ragers, love the constantly resetting matches, and more. Love the vastly different game that has all new maps for DLC. What a great value.

This is the first game, outside of Little Big Planet games on the PS3, that I've actually wanted to use my mic in and I've had great fun in doing so. My experiences and not yours. But I'm not making claims about one seriously flawed and over-hyped game that makes millions every year (and changes very little every year) being better than other flawed games. This game has flaws, to be sure, but at the very least Trion tried to do something different-a thing that has not happened in a CoD game for a very long time.

ten4
09-12-2013, 06:02 AM

I have seen nothing from Trion to indicate they are interested in doing the un-thinkable and fixing/re-releasing a better game which SE actually accomplished to my surprise. This will not happen with Defiance, count on it. FF universe on a whole is a major franchise, Defiance is merely an experiment that failed hardcore. Big big difference.

Indra Echo
09-12-2013, 06:40 AM
I have seen nothing from Trion to indicate they are interested in doing the un-thinkable and fixing/re-releasing a better game which SE actually accomplished to my surprise. This will not happen with Defiance, count on it. FF universe on a whole is a major franchise, Defiance is merely an experiment that failed hardcore. Big big difference.

I think certainly the persistent and even worse now lag issues and then things they're proposing and highlighted as content to come for this game, is extremely discouraging for me. I could put up with some lag, some lag outs, and all that, because every game seems to have it and some had it far worse than what was happening to me (but I never ignored that for many it was always crippling). I could put up with it because I was having fun and this was a game I could pick up and play and not find people raging in game about, and where I could just do some fun stuff rather than have others yell at people for not taking it seriously or rage at their teammates for sucking and all that-the stuff that happens in almost all MP games.

I could put up with a lot of stuff until it seemed like the game didn't want me to play it. The arenas are broken, not for everyone, but for enough people to indicate they need work. Sieges are broken, not for everyone, but for enough people to indicate they need work. But lowering drop rates won't help, and even reducing lag now will not help. Volge sieges ultimately are annoying and don't really seem to offer any reward other than weapon xp.

Infected sieges were a lot more fun. First of all because they required you to do something at the capture point while being attacked by Infected, or Hulkers, or Bulwarks. I'm rather sick of being charged at by Elite Viscera-that sometimes charge right through me for no damage to me. I'm annoyed by bombers spawning on buildings (where I can't get loot drops before they disappear) or on hillsides (for the same reason).

So DLC1 that needs to be fixed could really have added some interesting things to the game. I imagine open world actual dueling tournaments that just maybe happen as you enter an area-as challenges for loot rather than just a couple pursuits. I never thought arenas were something to go for anyway because I've always been more for open world instances or events that just happen, fall on us, surprise us, and that offer real rewards.

I also believe that it would have helped to introduce crafting for weapons and shields, something that would make it so everyone can in some way obtain even rare weapons, by either luck (rewards or lock boxes) or work (by grinding and crafting), and that once a system existed where everyone could get all great weapons, weapons should have had some exceptionally good stats for damage and all that--great bonuses to make them super powerful. Balance in the game for PvE would be that everyone could get them one way or another. And PvP should have had its own separate progression and leveling, so balance could be adjusted separately within it.

Instead, we got broken arenas (for many), broken sieges (for many) and broken Darkfalls (for many). That's not encouraging.

N3gativeCr33p
09-12-2013, 06:59 AM
Only thing broken about this game that I've noticed lately are the sieges... the Volge stop spawning at stage 5.

royal
09-12-2013, 09:20 AM
So, I'm not the only one getting trapped at Level 5. Before that, they were having a bomber spawn way off at the edge, away from a capture point, outside the mini-map. So it was "find the hidden Volge" to advance.

Good luck with any fast travel if you happen to try during a Volge seige, Shadow War and Major Arkfall going on all at once. Best just quit game and restart. When the DLC first came out, that's how I knew a Volge seige had started: All of a sudden, fast travel was dragging.

Forgot to mention my favorite bug: The floating boss or Ark shard. Want your Ark shard or boss suspended 30-40 feet in the air? Sure, why not. What's the symbiote doing when it's not up top spitting at you? Well, now you know: He sits there, at the bottom. Watching Sportscenter, I guess.

DLC would have been worth $10 if it'd allowed co-op on all missions. Why play through (again) with a friend(s) if you know that "here, here and here," no matter what, you're going to have to ditch your friend(s), go in this bunker and fight on your own. Couldn't the solo missions have been saved for the side missions? The stuff you do when there's nothing else to do?

Borderlands 2, I leveled up all 4 main characters (the first two with no farming)--that means playing through the exact same missions several times. But I did it 'cause I could grab some friends, we could murder the crap out of anything and have fun. But, as I said, why bother here?

I see several low level players running about. Anyone see the point in tossing out a group invite and helping them along? "When you really need my help buddy, you're on your own."

One of the Friday livesteams they said that melee was going to become more important. Especially if you had the right weapons and perks. Oh? I don't see it.

The Light
09-12-2013, 09:23 AM
Sieges no longer work.

THe only part of the DLC I liked....

Honestly,...the siges were getting old, but at least they were new...

now they are done, and now, so am I

Later crap game....6 months too late

Whiffmeister
09-12-2013, 10:18 AM
I sort of slowed down playing this game when the significant portion of my clan stopped logging on. I came in almost every night, then once every two or three nights and then maybe once a week. Then the DLC dropped so I came on for a few nights to play it and found very little had changed. Got into one siege (which bugged out) did a dark matter arkfall and then got bored again. So now I come in every couple of weeks or so to see if anything has changed ... it hasn't.

There's not much to keep me in this game when so many other games vie for my limited time. I thought this one had some promise and some nice ideas. The problem here is the game hasn't lived up to its promises.

I am not going to give up and throw it away because I will likely come in and see what's happening once a month or so but unless I am seeing a lot more than a few arenas and a couple of game mode changes passed off as revolutionary then I am not sure it will ever be more than once a month.

It has been said that Trion know that there are issues here, so I will give them the chance to fix this. Or shutter it and get back to making games that will work. I know I paid for the Deluxe and the Season Pass but that's my bad. I don't blame Trion for that ... caveat emptor and all that. I paid because I had faith in Trion to deliver. I am still going to give them that chance until they show me my faith was misplaced. Doesn't mean I have to waste my time in the game until then though

CRIXDA
09-12-2013, 11:33 AM
I don't know what system or shards You folks are on.
I am on xbox NA, and the past few days have been quite smooth and enjoyable for me.
The Seiges have worked fine and transitions from Minor to Major Arkfalls have been good as well.
My only real gripe is smashing a bunch of enemies and picking up a "WHOLE!!!" four scrip for the effort. Yeah, wow - I will open up a local business with that kind of seed money. Geez.
Anyway, I will say that the pickings are getting lean but the fun is where You make it.
So, when is DLC 2 dropping?
What is It called again? "Nolan gets a Colostomy Bag?" Because it might be a sack of s]-[it?
Sorry for the bad stuff.

Drugzh3lp
09-12-2013, 11:54 AM
To be honest its gotten boring quick.
ive played from day 1 new af new siege great!
But umm that gets boring fast at 5000 nothing else to do
also ive been 5000 for 3 month's af an sieges and blade bs mean nothing

N3gativeCr33p
09-12-2013, 12:11 PM
I don't know what system or shards You folks are on.
I am on xbox NA, and the past few days have been quite smooth and enjoyable for me.
The Seiges have worked fine and transitions from Minor to Major Arkfalls have been good as well.

Xbox NA player here, too.

Hellbug arkfalls? Work fine.
Raider arkfalls? Work fine.
99er arkfalls? Work fine.
DM arkfalls? Work fine.

Volge sieges? Work fine up until stage 5, until the Volge suddenly decide to fly south for the winter.

Tyger
09-12-2013, 12:32 PM
As long as you can still log in and shoot stuff in the face, the game is technically delivering. At least that's what I'm thinking the dev-crew is telling themselves. :D

Like others here I'm waiting to see Grenadegate. Till then I'ma wring this shammy for all it's worth.

RealHoosier07
09-12-2013, 03:21 PM
I"m sorry but I will call out the post relating this to Call of Dooty. I've played every stupid CoD game out there and gee, each one is so very different from the last--talk about mind numbing and brain deadening. Not to mention all the vulgar raging being done in game BY 5 YEAR OLDS. What a very mature game. As I said, I'm one of the millions of fools that has played those games and wow the experience is vastly different year after year-why even many of the maps are the exact same maps they've released before--but some don't have snow or whatever. And great to pay $15 for that opportunity. But wow, can't wait to get to the next Prestige level because it will be sooo different from the last Prestige level.

Sure zombies may be fun enough (I never liked them) but it's horde mode and I've played better horde modes, in other games--Mass Effect 3's version was a lot more fun.

And of course the OP and everyone else is free to feel whatever about this game-feelings about anything are subjective and it would be pointless to argue which is better, vanilla or chocolate. I do think this game has reached a tipping point, but I don't believe any recent CoD game compares favorably to it.

But wow, at least they force you to use mics. Except, no they don't. I refuse to use them in any CoD game - and those that often do use them have nothing important to say in the game. In fact, CoD games have been the very worst ones in which to actually unmute other players. I don't want to hear someone's tv, music, kids screaming, people singing about hackers, people vomiting, coughing, spitting, hurling racist things, yelling at everyone else in the game because they can't get any kills, telling people to camp, telling people not to camp, yelling about others camping, players screaming random things into their mics, players blasting extremely loud music every time they're killed, and generally no one, no one talking about the game.

I recently agreed with someone that lag in one match was really bad-he started screaming at me to shut up. That was the first time in a long time I actually thought I might try my mic-I made the mistake of agreeing about lag. He started screaming and then his friend did. And in another game, a ten year old (sounded like) started constantly scream babbling about nothing that made sense and then he'd start to laugh loud and burst out with random screams. Glad I had my mic on for that.

And so glad I decided to actually try to play the game-in one match of 12 players (6 on a side), the other team had 8 players and we had 4--this is the worst I've seen--I've often been in teams of 5 where the other side has 7. Perfect game. In another instance, we had a match that just began and had incredibly bad lag, the score was like 5 to 4. So, the game migrated hosts. We got back into the game and suddenly the other team had 32 and we had 6. Great game, great experience. Love the campers, love the shouters, love the ragers, love the constantly resetting matches, and more. Love the vastly different game that has all new maps for DLC. What a great value.

This is the first game, outside of Little Big Planet games on the PS3, that I've actually wanted to use my mic in and I've had great fun in doing so. My experiences and not yours. But I'm not making claims about one seriously flawed and over-hyped game that makes millions every year (and changes very little every year) being better than other flawed games. This game has flaws, to be sure, but at the very least Trion tried to do something different-a thing that has not happened in a CoD game for a very long time.

Indra, where did I EVER mention COD multiplayer?? I'm only talking about Zombies and the Zombies easter eggs, which are part of a storyline that will end in Origins. The Zombie storyline absolutely DEMANDS mics on. Yes Zombies is a horde mode, but each Zombie map has an Easter Egg that has several steps in it. It actually has two easter eggs...one for Maxis, and one for Richtofen. These "missions" are incapable of being done without a team of players with mics that are playing together and using teamwork. It is impossible to do the Easter Egg without people using mics. Can't be done.

These Easter Eggs are brilliantly done, with very very challenging steps you have to complete as a team to finish it. All you see is a horde mode, and that's probably all you ever tried, but Zombies actually has a storyline that demands true co-operative communication and teamwork. The Buried map has an insane easter egg that will take 4 players that really know what they are doing and communicate well together. The Buried easter egg can't even be accomplished unless you have done the easter eggs in Tranzit and DieRise. You see just a horde mode because you didn't delve into the game's lore.

I don't play with foul mouth kids...hell I don't play with kids at all. Every time I get on Zombies, the first thing people say is "turn your mic on or get out". This is because everyone knows it takes teamwork to make it far, even in just the horde mode. On top of all of that, this game has tons of cool "perma-perks" that give you boosts for accomplishing certain tasks. Zombies is much more than just a horde mode.

ME3?? I've played ME3...not as challenging as Zombies, especially the Easter eggs.

One thing is certain...I can't wait for the new Call of Duty Ghost 4 player horde mode...Safeguard! It looks amazing and it's 4 players this time instead of just two.

CRIXDA
09-13-2013, 05:05 AM
Good points for everyone on this thread.
I honestly would like to see us be a bit more constructive toward getting the problems resolved within Defiance by partnering with Trion in some way to achieve that somehow. I know that we have played for around five/sic months and have a lot of frustration to show for it.
We can't compare this game to "Call of Honor" or "Tom Delancy's Ghosts" or whatever the flavor of the day is because the bottom line is : sadly, Defiance can't match those. This game (as we all know) is still beat up and janky in a lot of area, but it IS being addressed. In another thread, Dahanese is passing a user's UI design DIRECTLY to the programmer who is (supposedly) overhauling said UI. Whether that happens or not, who knows.
We have what we have here. It is what it is.
I try NOT to get torqued off by this stuff and I try to continue to enjoy the game and if I can't, I play something else.
I try to help and not get upset. This might get easier if all of us would be a little less inclined to getting easily offended and had a little more understanding and open communication, especially between users and Trion.
Just my opinion.

Fiancee
09-13-2013, 06:07 AM
Oh boy, after 5 month of complaining, theres still one guy complaining.. give it a break guys.

RealHoosier07
09-13-2013, 04:38 PM
Nobody is complaining...people are just voicing their opinions on things this game is lacking, and how it has drove people away from the game. I still think Defiance has tons of potential. Sadly, I don't think Trion has the know-how or the money to make this game what it needs to be. I think Grand Theft Auto Online is going to completely kill this game for the most part. Grand Theft Auto has already shown they will have lots of 4 player co-ops, 16 player "quests", and much much more. These are the things Defiance needs to address. Content is key..and this game is locked up.

topcatfish
09-14-2013, 06:45 AM
im moving on to other games for a while then poke my head in to see if its improved,if not its delete time.
played every day from release have now got bored with sieges an arkfalls that i get kicked from just before the end.
its not as if the server is overloaded nor is it my internet speed or provider,it is the game itself that is broken.
if and its a big if they fix things,i think they have far too much to do before april to get anything fixed as they still have 4 dlc,s to release by then.
it all comes down to lazy programming

jackacidoo
09-14-2013, 07:18 AM
If you pay 60 dollars for a product and that product ends up being broke.....and can't get fixed after 6 months of trion....we all have the right to complain as much as we want....any other situation we would return the product and get our money back....everyone that is complaining is hoping that it gets the attention of those that can fix it..and it has gotten their attention they just suck as a company and have no idea how to fix it.....UNPROFESSIONAL

Cicuta Lupus
09-14-2013, 07:49 AM
Syfy shows premiere like everything else, after a year. They started production on new season in April, should show season 2 closer to thanksgiving.

On a separate note, Trion is aware of what happened to this game, and while ex-employees are complaining on other forums, the current group was brought over from RIFTS and are striving to clean the "spilled milk" off the floor to make this a better game. Just gonna take some time.

Unfortunately, other games like Tabula Rasa which had fixes implemented was eventually cancelled, (although TR was done in by Lord British taking most of the funding money and flying into space), but it seems Trion is going to stick by this and hopefully re-invent the wheel.

See, this, this is what I agree with. People complain and don't seem to realize that those who were brought in after the fiasco, not only have to try and bring new things into the game to interest the player, but they also have to clean up the mess that the other team left behind. Apparently the word patient isn't liked well in this forum, as many times I've seen the word used, and many times the person using it was pretty much bashed, but honestly, things can not just change over night. You have to be patient. Sometimes it does take a few months. Hopefully the new dev team will surprise us.

N3gativeCr33p
09-14-2013, 09:36 AM
Hopefully the new dev team will surprise us.

Won't see me holding my breath... keeps sounding like more of the same, just regurgitated in different sounding ways.

Cicuta Lupus
09-14-2013, 11:24 AM
Won't see me holding my breath... keeps sounding like more of the same, just regurgitated in different sounding ways.

Hence my use of the word 'Hopefully.'

Veratas
09-14-2013, 11:58 AM
having logged in a few days back to see what the "big" update added, I was quickly reminded why I decided to give up and go play one of the million other titles available.

THEY STILL HAVEN'T ADDRESSED THE AMMO BUG FROM PATCH 0.001

fire,reload,fire,reload - no ammo - switch to secondary,
fire, reload - no ammo
open cumbersome interface - switch load out
fire, reload, fire, reload - no ammo

eject and snap disk,
play something better.....

FDG SKULLS
09-14-2013, 12:16 PM
dude i agree with you its totally dead now the forums are a ghost town. I went to a siege last night and was there for 8 or 9 rounds and there was only like 6-8 people there and instead of having a crap ton of people running around in one spot we had to run from A to B then to C to capture the points and finish the round.

CRIXDA
09-14-2013, 01:49 PM
I know that this is a complain thread, but this morning was epic as far as Defiance goes for myself and my friends.
On the xbox NA shard, we got around 3 hours or sweet lag-free play.
Shadow Andreas, Snippett, DslMostWanted and myself played several Seiges and a bunch of Arkfalls.
We even hit stage 11 on the Seiges and rocked it.
We had a blast and the servers seemed tuned.
There was only one burp in the whole thing but other than that it was all good.

r2nddan
09-14-2013, 02:09 PM
Nobody is complaining...people are just voicing their opinions on things this game is lacking, and how it has drove people away from the game. I still think Defiance has tons of potential. Sadly, I don't think Trion has the know-how or the money to make this game what it needs to be. I think Grand Theft Auto Online is going to completely kill this game for the most part. Grand Theft Auto has already shown they will have lots of 4 player co-ops, 16 player "quests", and much much more. These are the things Defiance needs to address. Content is key..and this game is locked up.
When you go to gta v forums please take your selfie with you thanx. oh and your brother can take his also. thank you.

sly wolf
09-14-2013, 03:08 PM
gta 5 will not be the game that kills defiance because its not a mmo it has 16 person multi player which will be very "clicky" like in red dead. The wolf at defiance's door is infact destiny which comes out next year but defifance has time on it's side for now

crasher
09-14-2013, 03:20 PM
gta 5 will not be the game that kills defiance because its not a mmo it has 16 person multi player which will be very "clicky" like in red dead. The wolf at defiance's door is infact destiny which comes out next year but defifance has time on it's side for now
I believe many of you are thinking inside the box.
There wont be 'A Game' that kills defiance besides the game Defiance itself providing a tonne of help, which is happening around us.

What's happening in the world is that there are many games each poised to take a bite. Some, bigger bites, some, smaller bites.

No one pirannah eats the cow that falls in the river, they all get a bite and the cow is gone. When the cow is lame to begin with, it just happens faster.

Reichlyn
09-14-2013, 03:32 PM
When you go to gta v forums please take your selfie with you thanx. oh and your brother can take his also. thank you.

Just stop, you're being silly when you sit there and act like what I say is wrong or not accurate. Open your eyes to the truth. I am NOT trying to bash on anything, Im speaking the truth of it. Keep your head buried in the sand. My guess is your a noob to the game, you'll change your mind, just wait. By the way, I am not saying Im done with the game forever. Im just done with it until they fix the bugs and add a ton more content. My brother and I talked and I plan on keeping up with the going ons of the game (forums), but my plan is ultimately to stop playing until season 2 gets ready to start, then come back. Hopefully by then there will be 4 more DLCs in the game and a TON of content to go explore. As it stands now, this game has become VERY boring and VERY lame.

RealHoosier07
09-14-2013, 03:40 PM

No need for the sarcastic remark about my pic. If my hobby was going to Comic Con dressed up in star wars gear, and I posted a pic of it....would you have some smartass remark then? Just because my hobby is bodybuilding doesn't give you the right to act like an ******* about my pic. That pic is there because that's me....fitness is a huge part of my life and I'm proud of it. If you have a problem with that, maybe you should try it...it might give you confidence....and that might be what you need to quit acting like a jealous prick. My post was strictly about video games and my opinion on it...your post was a personal attack.

I'm used to little whimps like you that have something to say when you're sitting behind a keyboard. Pathetic. Now how about posting a response that actually has something to do with what the topic of discussion was...or is that too hard for you?

RealHoosier07
09-14-2013, 03:43 PM

Yes Destiny is a closer comparison I guess, but I'm pretty sure the people at RockStar have already said that the online version of GTA5 will have 16 player co-op missions and 4 player co-op missions as well as multiplayer pvp.

CRIXDA
09-14-2013, 04:44 PM
Ouchie!
Dang, Hooz!
He got You all of the way into the boat with that one!
That was trolling and fishing at it's finest and he won bassmasters. Brutal.

On topic:
I will agree with Your brother that we need helly content and helly fixes to go along with them. Dead on, Reichlyn - but I don't let that stop me although I respect Your decision to wait. Also, Good idea to hang around the forums and keep your fingers on the pulse of the game so You have a good barometer on what's happening in-game.

Also, I want to add that crasher was spot-on when he said that the game to kill Defiance right now IS Defiance.
I am very hopeful that Trick Dempsey is going to clean this all up and turn this lateral and sometimes downward movement into a vertical climb for this game. All of the points in the "State of the Game" would certainly improve the game drastically if implemented properly and all of the fixes made.
We shall see.

Drugzh3lp
09-14-2013, 08:06 PM
Lol I play payday2 it kills defiance an u just basiclly repeat the same
crimes defiance died before dlc 1
we waited how long for what?

And dlc 2 looks like crap to be honest spikes=more lag
not more ppl makeing groups of 16 to minize lag

really best u can do new arkfall yawn wash repeat
omg new vehicle worse thing ever rather blurr
charge blade (need I say more?) Enough

new area new enemies new weapons new pvp maps not just (1)
For the love of god plz add new coops or something that requires me to have help I can solo sieges like most

also yes I can rant followed defiance for 7 monthes
before release was very excited then payed 60$
for something now worth 17$ in gamestop

r2nddan
09-15-2013, 01:11 AM
No need for the sarcastic remark about my pic. If my hobby was going to Comic Con dressed up in star wars gear, and I posted a pic of it....would you have some smartass remark then? Just because my hobby is bodybuilding doesn't give you the right to act like an ******* about my pic. That pic is there because that's me....fitness is a huge part of my life and I'm proud of it. If you have a problem with that, maybe you should try it...it might give you confidence....and that might be what you need to quit acting like a jealous prick. My post was strictly about video games and my opinion on it...you're post was a personal attack.

I'm used to little whimps like you that have something to say when you're sitting behind a keyboard. Pathetic. Now how about posting a response that actually has something to do with what the topic of discussion was...or is that too hard for you?
Im just saying that you and your brother look studly in those pictures. when we all jump over to the gta v forums, i want to continue to enjoy them. simmer down big guy.

topcatfish
09-15-2013, 04:48 AM
Lol I play payday2 it kills defiance an u just basiclly repeat the same
crimes defiance died before dlc 1
we waited how long for what?

And dlc 2 looks like crap to be honest spikes=more lag
not more ppl makeing groups of 16 to minize lag

really best u can do new arkfall yawn wash repeat
omg new vehicle worse thing ever rather blurr
charge blade (need I say more?) Enough

new area new enemies new weapons new pvp maps not just (1)
For the love of god plz add new coops or something that requires me to have help I can solo sieges like most

also yes I can rant followed defiance for 7 monthes
before release was very excited then payed 60$
for something now worth 17$ in gamestop

what he said .............

RealHoosier07
09-17-2013, 02:13 PM
Im just saying that you and your brother look studly in those pictures. when we all jump over to the gta v forums, i want to continue to enjoy them. simmer down big guy.

I'm simmered bro. You're the one with a problem. You can spin it all you want, but I've dealt with guys making those type of comments more than once. It's all good....I am what I am...and that's all I care to be.

CRIXDA
09-17-2013, 03:03 PM
Well.
Now that GTA 5 is out and everyone is playing that, will we see the decline that we thought that we might?
I hope not. Since we "done up'd and got all persn'll in this piece", is this erstwhile constructive (kind of) thread going to decline as well?

MAMGRIZZLY
09-17-2013, 03:33 PM
@Indra Echo
How about just letting me stay connected? You can't play a game with all this lag, d/c's &hard freezes. I'm tired of getting kicked at the end of a Dark Matter Arkfall. How about being able to use clan/group chat without it constantly going out, because I've made a few friends I want to talk to and that part keeps me going for now. Where's the improved chat system that they said was comming out in DLC1? Why do they keep nerfing everything so we can all start shooting marshmallows? Why do they screw up scopes on weapons I've already modded, and not allow a 1 time removal of scopes modded prior to changes. Why mess with things that aren't broke (ie. grenades), when there are other MAJOR things that need fixing. I'm not talking about minor things, people will complain and you can't please everyone. I mean major things that have been there since complaints in beta and stop ignoring players suggestions about things that get a lot of complaints. I always see you stick up for them in all your posts. I liked the game for it's potential, it was fun and different. There is only so long people will wait for them to get their sh!t together before they move on. A big part of this game was supposed to be the social aspect, a lot of my friends are gone. Sure when the Volge 1st came people asked for help and I was like cr*p when I'd hit the invisible Volge and get thrown onto the pavement, but now it's just like meh. The huge price drop in the Orange Charge Blade was clearly only to sell more COLOR Change mods in the bit store, only a few people could get them before and now anybody can get one. What other Orange weapon can you buy from a vendor and what only costs 15k from a trader. If mods cost 10k, then why would a legendary weapon be 15k someone failed Economics 101. There needs to be new content, co-ops, maps (what's with all that other land we see) and things that aren't just re-skins of other items. As for COD I agree with you about the mic, I usually have to mute a lot of people but if I'm with friends we just talk to each other. But I agree with the OP's brother, RealHoosier, when it comes to zombies, there is no way to get to those higher levels without strategy and communication. Those are the people you put on your FL, someone you played with, worked with, talked to joked with and it was fun. Heck Sticks &Stones is even fun every so often. I'm just waiting for the rest of the DLC's since I have a Season Pass and paid for extra inventory slots. I played COD but suck now because I keep trying to roll and it's not working, such a noob!

r2nddan
09-17-2013, 04:28 PM
@Indra Echo
How about just letting me stay connected? You can't play a game with all this lag, d/c's &hard freezes. I'm tired of getting kicked at the end of a Dark Matter Arkfall. How about being able to use clan/group chat without it constantly going out, because I've made a few friends I want to talk to and that part keeps me going for now. Where's the improved chat system that they said was comming out in DLC1? Why do they keep nerfing everything so we can all start shooting marshmallows? Why do they screw up scopes on weapons I've already modded, and not allow a 1 time removal of scopes modded prior to changes. Why mess with things that aren't broke (ie. grenades), when there are other MAJOR things that need fixing. I'm not talking about minor things, people will complain and you can't please everyone. I mean major things that have been there since complaints in beta and stop ignoring players suggestions about things that get a lot of complaints. I always see you stick up for them in all your posts. I liked the game for it's potential, it was fun and different. There is only so long people will wait for them to get their sh!t together before they move on. A big part of this game was supposed to be the social aspect, a lot of my friends are gone. Sure when the Volge 1st came people asked for help and I was like cr*p when I'd hit the invisible Volge and get thrown onto the pavement, but now it's just like meh. The huge price drop in the Orange Charge Blade was clearly only to sell more COLOR Change mods in the bit store, only a few people could get them before and now anybody can get one. What other Orange weapon can you buy from a vendor and what only costs 15k from a trader. If mods cost 10k, then why would a legendary weapon be 15k someone failed Economics 101. There needs to be new content, co-ops, maps (what's with all that other land we see) and things that aren't just re-skins of other items. As for COD I agree with you about the mic, I usually have to mute a lot of people but if I'm with friends we just talk to each other. But I agree with the OP's brother, RealHoosier, when it comes to zombies, there is no way to get to those higher levels without strategy and communication. Those are the people you put on your FL, someone you played with, worked with, talked to joked with and it was fun. Heck Sticks &Stones is even fun every so often. I'm just waiting for the rest of the DLC's since I have a Season Pass and paid for extra inventory slots. I played COD but suck now because I keep trying to roll and it's not working, such a noob!
how bout indenting and using paragraphs. holy sh!t. massive wall of text= didnt read.

r2nddan
09-17-2013, 04:30 PM
I'm simmered bro. You're the one with a problem. You can spin it all you want, but I've dealt with guys making those type of comments more than once. It's all good....I am what I am...and that's all I care to be.
love how those biceps glisten.

Elric1
09-18-2013, 07:52 AM

It couldn't have a thing to do with D3 which a lot of my clan went to from defiance that does the same thing as defiance in a different style sans bugs and then of course there is GTAV.... two weeks after is GTAO which will make defiance a thing of the past. This point they can keep my 40 for the unreleased material. 30 dollars (I was here for first DLC) lost to learn never to trust Trion. I look at it at this point as a donation to charity. Maybe they can buy some common sense with it.