PDA

View Full Version : Help on BMGs

SICK_VENDETTA
09-11-2013, 09:45 PM
does anyone know a guide for using bmgs?

i play alot of pvp and was wondering what are the pros and cons of different bmgs.

i recently pulled a spanner trapper with stalker (range) and it work pretty well in pvp just wondering if there is one that does more damage

i also have a stingray ive never used also with the stalker synergy.
any suggestions links?

thanks!

mattr
09-12-2013, 07:20 AM
I'm sure you've seen me use a BMG (PSN L1lMatt and in game name Lafiel) as I've played against you a few times lately. There are really only 2 BMGs that people I know use (with a possible 3rd for fun).

I prefer a Stingray due to the fact that the link REALLY seems to cause confusion for some reason. I've seen a group of 5 people stand right next to each other while I BMG all of them to death. Yes, I do scratch my head wondering what they were thinking. Also when people run away around corners I can tag their teammate and it will link around the corner (I've been called a hacker several times due to this).
PRO: link
CON: fast drain

Others prefer the Telespanner due to the increased range and duration on them, but they do not link. I guess it's really personal preference.
PRO: range and duration
CON: no link

For fun a couple of my clanmates run with the Trapper because well... Poop shoes are funny.
PRO: funny
CON: you might die from laughing at the poop shoes

Indra Echo
09-12-2013, 07:44 AM
I'm sure you've seen me use a BMG (PSN L1lMatt and in game name Lafiel) as I've played against you a few times lately. There are really only 2 BMGs that people I know use (with a possible 3rd for fun).

I prefer a Stingray due to the fact that the link REALLY seems to cause confusion for some reason. I've seen a group of 5 people stand right next to each other while I BMG all of them to death. Yes, I do scratch my head wondering what they were thinking. Also when people run away around corners I can tag their teammate and it will link around the corner (I've been called a hacker several times due to this).
PRO: link
CON: fast drain

Others prefer the Telespanner due to the increased range and duration on them, but they do not link. I guess it's really personal preference.
PRO: range and duration
CON: no link

For fun a couple of my clanmates run with the Trapper because well... Poop shoes are funny.
PRO: funny
CON: you might die from laughing at the poop shoes

Likely some if not most of the confusion and accusations come from graphics issues and lag related to BMGs. It's one of those things-a weapon allowed in the game so perfectly acceptable for PvP, but with poor implementation. BMGs cause lag (mostly for other people and not necessarily for the user)-and it gets worse the more links they make. They have the visual effects which seem to work to cause it. In PvE for healing this causes some blindness to other players and the range of the things can be incredible when lag is present. I've had healing BMGs follow me for incredible distances (I try to get away from them because people mis-use them to "heal" fully healthy people, which does nothing but cause lag).

In PvP, all this means is that what you're seeing and when you're seeing it (and the effects) are different from what people you're using it on see and feel. Lag and lagging graphic effects happen with heal and with damage as well. You can shoot a BMG at someone, die, and still be shooting them with it, and they're still taking damage and may die. You won't see that on your screen, but they will.

As I said, they are perfectly acceptable weapons but that doesn't mean they're lovable or not without controversy due to a bad design.

The fact that they can be unavoidable--in PvP I've run all the way across the TDM maps and still had one attached to me doing damage--and that they have persistent lag effects in fact make them one of the reasons people hate PvP. Bottom line is you can use whatever the game allows-it always has been a problem though that things that happen in PvP tend to bring out the worst or best qualities of a weapon related to lag (depending upon what side of lag you're on). Case in point--they tend to be far more powerful in PvP than in PvE.