PDA

View Full Version : What does the game become..stale?

cesmode
09-12-2013, 09:13 AM
Hi,
So I am at EGO rating 600 right now. Im doing all of the side missions and main story missions. I am in the middle of the side missions at 'Last Chance' waypoint/camp. Curious..what point does the game become a bit redundant and stale..Ive also heard that at a certain point, it is increasingly difficult or punishing to increase your ego rating, almost to the point where its not worth it and you are actually punished(somehow) for increasing ego rating.

Since theres no level cap, aside from ego rating 5000 or something, just curious when you have had your fill of defiance? When does it become a game of vendor/arkfall/siege?

Im having a blast so far. Just started playing with SMGs and loving it.

Eltruism
09-12-2013, 09:16 AM
After doing everything at least 5 times you get your fill of it...and this, for me, was done months ago and I don't even play that much. No end game, no toon developement like other MMos...etc.

Epshiluss
09-12-2013, 09:22 AM
I'd say around 4000 ego. Since when you reached this point, you can only get ego by doing long pursuits (pvp or *kills). At this point you will most likely have done every side quest and got bored of pvp on top of that, the only option to level your ego would properly mastering weapons, by gaining 2 ego per level.

The Light
09-12-2013, 09:28 AM
entire first page is me say word

BJWyler
09-12-2013, 09:31 AM
Weapon mastery is 4 EGO points per level.

Other than that, it just depends on the individual. At this point, I am over EGO 4100 and have completed all the available missions, including the DLC. This is a themepark shooter, so once you complete the missions, it's basically grinding out the repeatable content which includes, the Arkfalls, Sieges, the Arenas, PvP, the various Challenges, Replaying the main story missions, and playing the repeatable parts of the side missions. The point of staleility will depend on how much grind you can take. For me, I still enjoy those bits of the game, partly because I try to find different ways to enjoy the content to try and keep it fresh. That includes switching out my weapons in order to level them, each of which requires a different tactic depending on where and how you are using it. The beauty of it is that since this isn't a sub based game, I can even take a break for a few days or even a few weeks to keep from getting burned out on the game, and not feel like I am wasting money in the mean time. However, I am still playing regularly, so I guess the game is still entertaining enough for me at this point.

Market
09-12-2013, 09:39 AM
The EGO punishment you've heard about was removed with the recent client update. What people were referring to with this was increasing Salvage Matrix costs as you leveled. Example: Around 4100 EGO, I was having to pay more than 170,000 Ark Salvage to open the fourth mod slot on a weapon. At low EGO ratings, that cost was in the hundreds.

They altered the Salvage Matrix costs with the recent update, but there is still the fact that if you're interested in selling gear to other players, higher EGO characters will have a harder time than lower ones. EGO 5000 gear isn't exactly in high demand.

I'm just sharing the following based on recent questions answered on the livestream, but I don't want to speculate or start rumors on exact details. Trick said they are working on adding things into the game for player retention and rewards for high EGO characters to make it something to work towards. What this could entail is totally open at this point as no exact answers were given on content.

Many hope this comes soon, and I am one of them! lol

djpowerade
09-12-2013, 09:40 AM
I totally agree with BJWyler me and him are around the same EGO and he sums it up the best

cesmode
09-12-2013, 09:48 AM
Cool, thanks. I had semi low expectations of the game and took it for what it is: a shooter, not a pure MMO. And Im enjoying it. Been playing a good 3-4 weeks solid, 1-2 hours a night. Its fun.

I guess I just want to complete the main story and all the side missions along the way, get to a decent ego level..maybe 1,000 or 1500 or something(not sure what ego you should be around after main story is done)..and then be able to put the game down when I want knowing that "Hey,you completed all the missions, and now you can just have fun and shoot things...but you can leave the game for a few days or weeks and come back without having a linear path through the game to continue on". I actually like the prospect of that.

I think the game could benefit from a bit more adventuring. Caves or something where theres ark salvage or whatever hidden inside. Treasures to be found. Lost artifacts from the human civilization before the votan arrived. I think this would something fun on the side.

BTW, enough of the volge on the road. So tired of running into them.

Market
09-12-2013, 10:01 AM
Cool, thanks. I had semi low expectations of the game and took it for what it is: a shooter, not a pure MMO. And Im enjoying it. Been playing a good 3-4 weeks solid, 1-2 hours a night. Its fun.

I guess I just want to complete the main story and all the side missions along the way, get to a decent ego level..maybe 1,000 or 1500 or something(not sure what ego you should be around after main story is done)..and then be able to put the game down when I want knowing that "Hey,you completed all the missions, and now you can just have fun and shoot things...but you can leave the game for a few days or weeks and come back without having a linear path through the game to continue on". I actually like the prospect of that.

I think the game could benefit from a bit more adventuring. Caves or something where theres ark salvage or whatever hidden inside. Treasures to be found. Lost artifacts from the human civilization before the votan arrived. I think this would something fun on the side.

BTW, enough of the volge on the road. So tired of running into them.

You shouldn't be running into constant Volge emergencies anymore, there was an update this week that changed that. I actually ran into a wandering hulker the other day and it shocked the stuffing outta me!! lol

DLC2 is apparently bringing about an addition of Ark Fall interiors that could prove to be huge amounts of fun. I agree with what you have to say on the subject of additions, and hopefully the near future will see us doing things like that!

It's great that you're having fun with the game! Good hunting!!