PDA

View Full Version : Did you play Defiance last night?

Justified
09-12-2013, 09:28 AM
I usually pvp in Defiance in TDM. Now that they've shifted instant play to shadow war, TDM games are getting rare unless there's a contract. Then you might get a couple nights a week with some action. I've started losing a lot of interest in this game due to this fact and also because I still get kicked off the server between 10pm-11pm every single night. I skipped out all day saturday and didn't log on last night either. I've been logging off a lot earlier than usual as well.

I'm not quitting, but just feel that they need to rebalance their pvp ideas. Anyone who likes to pvp did not play shadow wars before the DLC. There's a good reason for that. Shadow wars =/= pvp. We get people in shadow wars who run off to do ark falls so they can get more key codes. Lots of people just mess around.

Anyways, I'm just losing interest.

Also, it's pretty sad that the first page of this forum has more spam on it than real defiance posts. I don't know if they implemented a captcha, but if they did, they need to upgrade.

John Pope
09-12-2013, 05:55 PM
Anyways, I'm just losing interest.

That's it! It's not just the words of one man, it is a manifesto! I wonder how many people are willing to sign this? I'll be the first.

BJWyler
09-12-2013, 06:08 PM
That's it! It's not just the words of one man, it is a manifesto! I wonder how many people are willing to sign this? I'll be the first.

/notsigned
At least you appear to be getting your entertainment from the forums. At least that is something. Unless, of course, you are just a masochist and enjoy doing things that you find painful.

I usually pvp in Defiance in TDM. Now that they've shifted instant play to shadow war, TDM games are getting rare unless there's a contract. Then you might get a couple nights a week with some action. I've started losing a lot of interest in this game due to this fact and also because I still get kicked off the server between 10pm-11pm every single night. I skipped out all day saturday and didn't log on last night either. I've been logging off a lot earlier than usual as well.

I'm not quitting, but just feel that they need to rebalance their pvp ideas. Anyone who likes to pvp did not play shadow wars before the DLC. There's a good reason for that. Shadow wars =/= pvp. We get people in shadow wars who run off to do ark falls so they can get more key codes. Lots of people just mess around.

This might be of interest to you:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?133829-TrickDempsey-Let-s-Talk-PvP

MacDeath
09-12-2013, 09:20 PM
John, was your August Barkley account banned? If so, it's against the forum CoC rules to make an ALT account to avoid a ban.

To the OP, no I didn't. I usually play a lot on the test server when it's up and then a few day on live after a major patch or DLC. Right now the test server isn't open.

John Pope
09-13-2013, 04:50 AM
to avoid a ban.

To avoid the ban, I should be a fanboi cattle or flirt with Dahanese. I do not do this, so I'm not trying to avoid anything. But do not hesitate to report me if it will calm you.

Anyway, my stay here will not last long. I'm going to ride into the sunset.

N3gativeCr33p
09-13-2013, 05:44 AM
John, was your August Barkley account banned? If so, it's against the forum CoC rules to make an ALT account to avoid a ban.

Isn't it also against the forum CoC rules to call people out like this in the open?

Justified
09-13-2013, 08:34 AM
/notsigned
At least you appear to be getting your entertainment from the forums. At least that is something. Unless, of course, you are just a masochist and enjoy doing things that you find painful.

This might be of interest to you:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?133829-TrickDempsey-Let-s-Talk-PvP

I've read that post and it doesn't address the shadow war vs tdm queue system. It just has some fluff about the matchmaking.

I had this long written out paragraph, but the website decided it was "too short." Anyways, the queue system is all messed up. I've gone into observatory queue waiting on 3 people. I exit and enter quick match. Instead of dropping me back into that same queue (assuming it was the most populated queue) it opens up a brand new freight yard and puts me in that. I wouldn't consider that a quick match. I exited that and go back to waiting in the observatory queue.

That right there shows how flawed the system is. It doesn't need a fix, it needs a complete overhaul.