PDA

View Full Version : Stop the nerfing!

hygh
09-12-2013, 10:02 AM
I want to know just how many people want trion to stop nerfing the weapons. If you want them to stop, Please reply and add the weapon they overly nerfed and made life more difficult in PVE.

Bentu
09-12-2013, 10:10 AM
I was miffed about the Saw nerf but I still rock with it. My main issue at the moment is the removal of some mods forcing me to remod 20+ weapons.

Dracian
09-12-2013, 10:11 AM
I want to know just how many people want trion to stop nerfing the weapons. If you want them to stop, Please reply and add the weapon they overly nerfed and made life more difficult in PVE.

Well since I can solo DM Arkfall with a Slugger, I think I'm not concerned by that thread...

hygh
09-12-2013, 10:19 AM
Well since I can solo DM Arkfall with a Slugger, I think I'm not concerned by that thread...

Do you want them to stop nerfing weapons? All shoguns were nerfed a little to far, to little ammo in the chamber to make the scatter shotgun's effective. The slugger used to carry more rounds.

hygh
09-12-2013, 10:46 AM
Nobody cares huh. well that sucks big time there just going to keep nerfing.

DreadRaver
09-12-2013, 02:03 PM
Nobody cares huh. well that sucks big time there just going to keep nerfing.

Why do you say "the[y']re just going to keep nerfing?" Have you got some kind of inside track with the dev team?
Or are you just wildly speculating?

Do you not care at all about game balance?

Have you really had problems playing the game because a particular weapon now does slightly less damage than before?

There are real problems, but the weapon changes are really just not a big deal.

Honestly, in every game I've played there are people who feel that they must oppose any game balancing change as a matter of principle, without any evidence of harm, and that's my impression of this thread.

Indra Echo
09-12-2013, 02:29 PM
Why do you say "the[y']re just going to keep nerfing?" Have you got some kind of inside track with the dev team?
Or are you just wildly speculating?

Do you not care at all about game balance?

Have you really had problems playing the game because a particular weapon now does slightly less damage than before?

There are real problems, but the weapon changes are really just not a big deal.

Honestly, in every game I've played there are people who feel that they must oppose any game balancing change as a matter of principle, without any evidence of harm, and that's my impression of this thread.

Take a look at planned changes for grenades which is part of the game changing plan for DLC2. They may well be moving away from nerfing the items specifically but may consider nerfing the ability to actually use them. Nothing so far stated or planned for weapons other than grenades but who knows?

Grenades will become limited supply items. They can be replenished with random loot drops, that might include grenades of some type. Or, smart loot grenade things to ensure that you get some grenades of some type (but not necessarily the same one you finally got from a loot box or bought from someone), or replenished in unknown quantities (in stacks) from vendors. The last is the only sure way to re-supply the same type that you have.

Balance-well, that doesn't really apply because essentially that wasn't one of the stated reasons for doing this. And it also seems the devs had not even given any thought to things in the game (synergies and bonuses) that increase a grenade's refresh rate. Nor has anyone so far addressed the Infector Grenade which cannot be gotten as anything but a reward for a mission.

The nerfing of weapons has always been listed under some umbrella labelled balance, but so far the devs have not really specified what balance really has been needed-it ends up sort of feeling like random changes to only certain weapons. If the problem is with PvP (which really it is), then that should be a separate issue. And if it truly was about balance then why did they not really address their pet weapon, the Immunizer. All they did with it was to basically fix a broken mod that wasn't acting as it should and cut down the range of it slightly.

Personally, I no longer care about it, because I'm done with PvP, but it was always a weapon with too many strong points and no real weaknesses. If they nerfed the SAW and then went ahead and nerfed nanos, nerfed shotguns, and so on, then the Immunizer should really have been included in all that.

All of this makes their nerfing seem to be a bit random and any statements about balance are weak at best. If they wanted balance there were better ways to achieve it. And if it was for PvP-then it shouldn't have been done for PvE. I partly think they decided to nerf things in both so that it made some foes seem more difficult instead of actually making them more difficult.

hygh
09-26-2013, 05:12 PM
they have made a lot of nerfs to shotguns, and they need to make the nerf updates pvp exclusive.