PDA

View Full Version : Any new DLC #2 updates?

Mr Badger
09-12-2013, 11:43 AM
The title says it all.

AmnesiaHaze
09-12-2013, 11:45 AM
i hope it will come before playstation 4

Zugo
09-12-2013, 11:45 AM
The title says it all.

Soon?

Still curious about GrenadeGate.

3rdpig
09-12-2013, 11:57 AM
It's pointless to ask for a date. When the alpha server goes live then start asking, but for right now they're not even willing to discuss it.

And right now they're probably consulting with the vBulletin Pros (probably from the local high school junior computing class) to solve the spam problem on their message board.

N3gativeCr33p
09-12-2013, 12:13 PM
i hope it will come before playstation 4

I would take the "after PS4 is released" option, if this was an actual wager in Las Vegas.

Ruinne
09-12-2013, 12:35 PM
I want to play a giant monkey man.

Why can't I play a giant monkey man?

AmnesiaHaze
09-12-2013, 01:47 PM
I want to play a giant monkey man.

Why can't I play a giant monkey man?

u mean the chewbaccas ? :D

royal
09-12-2013, 02:29 PM
DLC#1 was at least a month later, probably two, than it should have been (it should have been ready with the launch of the main game, in truth).

Which means DLC#2 ought to drop around late November/early December.

Putting DLC#3 (oh, I am a dreamer!) sometime in the Spring; March/April.

With DLC#4 (what color is the sky on my world?) about the premier of Season 2.

DLC#5? Yeah.

Samhael
09-12-2013, 02:35 PM
DLC#1 was at least a month later, probably two, than it should have been (it should have been ready with the launch of the main game, in truth).

Which means DLC#2 ought to drop around late November/early December.

Putting DLC#3 (oh, I am a dreamer!) sometime in the Spring; March/April.

With DLC#4 (what color is the sky on my world?) about the premier of Season 2.

DLC#5? Yeah.

To stay on schedule for their promised season pass:
Oct DLC2
Dec DLC 3
Feb DLC 4
April 3rd DLC 5 to beat one year...

Sanguinesun
09-12-2013, 02:39 PM
The title says it all.

It will be released *redacted redacted*

(Badger gets the inside joke hehe)

J_matt
09-12-2013, 05:55 PM
If u wanna learn more i would say go to there friday live stream on twitch since there gonna be showing some dlc2 content and explain some stuff

John Pope
09-12-2013, 05:58 PM
In fact, we do not need this DLC 2.

hardy83
09-12-2013, 07:01 PM
DLC 2 doesn't look as extensive as DLC 1 in terms of content and mainly changes to the game.
I imagine it'll take less to before we see it.

Unless there's content they haven't showed us yet, but the instanced arkfall thing seems to be the main part of this DLC and it looks finished.

CRIXDA
09-12-2013, 07:28 PM
Seriously?
Are You telling me that the Arkfall thing is all there is to DLC 2?
DON'T THEY FCUKING DARE.
Look, Pope will tell You that I am one of the ones waving the Defiance flag and leading the charge for the game but even HE knows that I am not dumb enough to stand back and take a beating like this. Seriously?
Grenadegate and Arkfall Spikes and enterable Arkfalls constitute DLC pack 2? WHAT?
Man, what is this. What are We playing here. What game is this now. Have we traded Defiance for Aliens: Coloniel Marines?
This ain't happenin', man - this can't be happenin', man!

N3gativeCr33p
09-13-2013, 05:38 AM
This ain't happenin', man - this can't be happenin', man!

Oh, but it is happenin', man. ;)

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g246/sey115/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20Sage%20Youngs%20MacBook/Funny%20and%20Random/itsallhappening_zpseb469c9c.gif

CRIXDA
09-13-2013, 06:57 AM
Cool .gif, Creep.
I was going for more for a "Hudson" from Aliens thing though.
So I understand that the twitch will be showing us more DLC 2 stuff today?
You guys had better start bringin' it. When Your staunchest supporters start getting pissy about what they aren't seeing and what they aren't getting, the limbo stick is getting down to where that little seven-year old girl made of rubber is the only one getting under it and EVERYONE at the party is fed up, It is time to start delivering the goods.
Seriously.

N3gativeCr33p
09-13-2013, 07:01 AM
So I understand that the twitch will be showing us more DLC 2 stuff today?
You guys had better start bringin' it. When Your staunchest supporters start getting pissy about what they aren't seeing and what they aren't getting, the limbo stick is getting down to where that little seven-year old girl made of rubber is the only one getting under it and EVERYONE at the party is fed up, It is time to start delivering the goods.
Seriously.

Well said, kind sir (or madam)!

Truth be told, I am expecting to see more fluff than substance during today's webcast.

Zugo
09-13-2013, 07:08 AM
What time is the twitch thing?

N3gativeCr33p
09-13-2013, 07:10 AM
What time is the twitch thing?

Not sure, exactly... but finding that out is pretty much the only reason why I follow Dahanese on Twitter.

CRIXDA
09-13-2013, 08:31 AM
Sir, totally Sir.
I have a .............Hockey stick! to prove it. Thank You for being complimentary, also.
I am tired of the fluff here, honestly. Enough is enough - We need substance and We need it badly.
If You have to get H. Ross Perot as the Project Manager then fine, do it. The "how to fix this here Defiance game" thread ties close to this because the two issues are related so much. We need some clean-up and We obviously need more content, so the two could be very mutually beneficial if done properly.
No more "prison-cafeteria food" type offerings. Guys. Give us something that we can savor this time, please.

John Pope
09-13-2013, 08:35 AM
DON'T THEY FCUKING DARE.

Let's see what we got here ... If you remember the commercials of DLC 1, they showed all the content in seconds. I think the DLC 2 is the same. They do not even try to bluff as before. So they dare.

Moreover, we actually do not get anything new. Summonable Nim Shondu`s Throne Room and Buff-Spikes, which have been copied from "Warcraft 3". If you remember, it was the ability of the Witch Doctor unit.

Of course, it was worth the many months of development!

CRIXDA
09-13-2013, 08:41 AM
Here comes the grizzled spectre of cynicism himself to further chase away any optimism on a Friday!
Oh I RUE Your photo John Pope dear friend and Your cursed "reality checks".
Seriously, we want content. We don't need this stuff that they are paint-jobbing and throwing at us because it isn't what we want or need at all!
This is like a little round dot band-aid on a sucking chest wound!
We needs cut-scenes, quest missions, items ( no more frakkin' data recorders, either) and goodies.
Can we get some of this stuff?

John Pope
09-13-2013, 08:46 AM
Can we get some of this stuff?

Nope, but you can hope.

CRIXDA
09-13-2013, 08:52 AM
*FACEPALM*
Yer killin' me.

Mr Badger
09-15-2013, 07:26 AM
It will be released *redacted redacted*

(Badger gets the inside joke hehe)

Lol Sanguinesun. I use those when I rage type, then re-read, and then decide to go full on Gubbamint Conspiracy removal on my own post :P

I read a lot of the posts to this thread. I agree that Trion really needs to bring their A-game with this one. New playable characters would be.....ok....I guess but I am on the "GIVE US MORE EXPLORABLE AREA!!!" bandwagon. However. I also understand that the game is based on the TV show and NOT vice versa. Given that the next season of Defiance will not be out until Summer 2014-ish I wonder how much content Trion can really put into the DLCs without giving away key plot details. I reserve my right to remain semi-optimistic and I really truly appreciate every post here that was both informative, intelligent, measured and funny. You don't often see that any more.

J_matt
09-15-2013, 08:01 AM
Actually tue shows based of the game since the town was named after the battle of defiance which was in san fran during the pale wars and the face that nolan and irisa was in the game before the pilot to tive a little backstory.
Plus theres also the face that some episodes were based on what nolan and irisa did in the defiance game...