PDA

View Full Version : Main missions Delta Bunker after von Bach is rescued blues! HELP!!!

PunkMaister
09-12-2013, 08:01 PM
How the hell does one even finish this damn mission, since you end up locked in 3 rooms of the bunker with a huge army of mutants and no way to even re-stock on ammo?:confused:

Kaiselius
09-12-2013, 11:12 PM
The perk that restores x% ammo on crit kill and the one that increases the ammount of ammo you get when picking up ammo drops help a lot.

fgbrooks
09-13-2013, 12:46 AM
If I remember correctly, there is an "advanced weapon" that you can pick near the locker area where Von Bach is hiding. It is a melee weapon that will let you take out most of the mutants. It is in plain sight with a huge orange glow.

Cicuta Lupus
09-13-2013, 02:10 AM
If I remember correctly, there is an "advanced weapon" that you can pick near the locker area where Von Bach is hiding. It is a melee weapon that will let you take out most of the mutants. It is in plain sight with a huge orange glow.

That would be correct, which if you don't over use to start with can be used to kill nearly, if not all the mutants that you end up locked in there with. Or at least enough that you shouldn't find yourself lacking ammo before the last mutant is dead. If not, there's always melee?

Thearl
09-13-2013, 05:42 AM
If you have a ground pounder, you don't even need the pulverizer.

Black_Adder_
09-13-2013, 05:48 AM
If you're a human being you shouldn't have any problems to kill mutants there.

N3gativeCr33p
09-13-2013, 05:52 AM
That would be correct, which if you don't over use to start with can be used to kill nearly, if not all the mutants that you end up locked in there with. Or at least enough that you shouldn't find yourself lacking ammo before the last mutant is dead. If not, there's always melee?

This was my strategy, as well.

PunkMaister
09-13-2013, 08:38 AM
If you have a ground pounder, you don't even need the pulverizer.

What the hell is a ground pounder? as for the Melee weapon it does not last very long after one finds it just before finding Von Bach

If you're a human being you shouldn't have any problems to kill mutants there.

What is that supposed to be a joke a-hole? if you have nothing useful to add stay the f*ck out of this thread caspish?

LITTLE B1RD
09-13-2013, 08:55 AM
What the hell is a ground pounder? as for the Melee weapon it does not last very long after one finds it just before finding Von Bach

What is that supposed to be a joke a-hole? if you have nothing useful to add stay the f*ck out of this thread caspish?

I believe ground pounder is a grenade launcher that launches cluster grenades.

Wait until after the cutscene where Von Bach leaves w/ Cass to pick up the pulverizer. In case you don't know, LT initiates a "ground smack" that's good for enemies clustered together.

You may also want to check which perks you have loaded and change them to give yourself a better chance.

I don't know what weapons you are using, but you may also want to postpone the mission until you find some better weapons. Some of the side missions give some decent ones. I've abandoned missions plenty of times, then gone back better prepared, and it makes a big difference.

You will get it, eventually. You are going to go in there w/ the right combo of perks and weps and be amazed at yourself. Make sure to do the 'happy dance' afterwards.

PunkMaister
09-13-2013, 09:21 AM
I believe ground pounder is a grenade launcher that launches cluster grenades.

Wait until after the cutscene where Von Bach leaves w/ Cass to pick up the pulverizer. In case you don't know, LT initiates a "ground smack" that's good for enemies clustered together.

You may also want to check which perks you have loaded and change them to give yourself a better chance.

I don't know what weapons you are using, but you may also want to postpone the mission until you find some better weapons. Some of the side missions give some decent ones. I've abandoned missions plenty of times, then gone back better prepared, and it makes a big difference.

You will get it, eventually. You are going to go in there w/ the right combo of perks and weps and be amazed at yourself. Make sure to do the 'happy dance' afterwards.
Or to obtain codes from the cheats website for them, I've got quite a few from machine guns to grenade launchers to sniper rifles right now,

Flank
09-13-2013, 10:06 AM
Or to obtain codes from the cheats website for them, I've got quite a few from machine guns to grenade launchers to sniper rifles right now,

So wait... you use cheats?? And can't get passed this mission.
Smh.. I think that may be called Karma.. **shrugs shoulders**
Combat shotguns like the VBI CS-X Cluster Shot (fires mini grenades)
is a strong weapon to take with you for the hordes.. pair it with a
Smg, Assault Rifle, or LMG of choice. Strongly recommend the smg over
the other 2 classes as it is designed for close quarter combat.
Someone above mentioned looking into your perks in the load out.
Strongly agree.. sometimes you have to reassess the approach.
I would also look in what shield your using. Make sure the game didn't
swap it out when you picked up a shield from a loot drop.
Happens a lot.. in closing, hope some information provided by others or
my self help you in conquering your quest.. other then that you may want
to get better at cheating. ( sarcasm ).
Cheating is wrong. Don't do it. You're better then that.

PunkMaister
09-13-2013, 11:37 AM
So wait... you use cheats?? And can't get passed this mission.
Smh.. I think that may be called Karma.. **shrugs shoulders**
Combat shotguns like the VBI CS-X Cluster Shot (fires mini grenades)
is a strong weapon to take with you for the hordes.. pair it with a
Smg, Assault Rifle, or LMG of choice. Strongly recommend the smg over
the other 2 classes as it is designed for close quarter combat.
Someone above mentioned looking into your perks in the load out.
Strongly agree.. sometimes you have to reassess the approach.
I would also look in what shield your using. Make sure the game didn't
swap it out when you picked up a shield from a loot drop.
Happens a lot.. in closing, hope some information provided by others or
my self help you in conquering your quest.. other then that you may want
to get better at cheating. ( sarcasm ).
Cheating is wrong. Don't do it. You're better then that.
well i needed badly to get a decent arsenal, the so called cheat codes are not even cheat codes really just the codes you obtain to redeem for weapons and stuff on the game, people are happily sharing those.

Flank
09-13-2013, 12:26 PM
well i needed badly to get a decent arsenal, the so called cheat codes are not even cheat codes really just the codes you obtain to redeem for weapons and stuff on the game, people are happily sharing those.

What codes? Bit codes? Sounds like cheating.
Even more so.. sounds like stealing. I hope not, friend.
I look down on thieves more then I do cheaters..
Pretty sure any decent human does. Not sure who would
happily give someone else "BITS".. game cards/codes, after paying
for them, themselves.. once you use a "defiance game card"
It's done.. you can't share it.. what codes are you talking about???

Bentu
09-13-2013, 12:34 PM

If you mean the Arc codes they're in my sig.

Dark3nd Av3ng3r
09-13-2013, 12:39 PM
Y'know, I can't figure out if I'm lucky as hell, or the majority of this community doesn't know tactics.....

I have waltzed through this game numerous times, and not once have I met a mission that I couldn't beat, an enemy that was too hard, or an Arkfall I couldn't win. Maybe I'm just lucky, but it seems to me that some people just lack the skill required to play this game. They seem to lack, to be blunt tactics. Weapons help, but even with weapons that friends used to laugh at me for carrying because they were terrible, I walked through this story with absurd ease time and again. Only time I ever had trouble was with the final boss the first time around. Took me a solid 45 minutes to figure him out, I have since walked in and kicked his jeking arse with ease.

For the mission in question, I never had a problem, even the first time through when I failed to notice the special weapon. All I can say is to chill back, use cover, roll, ect, to avoid their fire, take out the knife guys first and avoid the big guy until he's the last man standing and then focus on him. There isn't much else to say, it's the strategy for the entire game, even against the final boss.

If you can't beat it.... Find another game? Maybe CoD would suit you better ;) I don't mean to be condescending, however, if you can't beat one of the easier bunkers of the game, this game probably isn't for you.

Bentu
09-13-2013, 12:55 PM
A little uncalled for dude, he only wants some advice.

PunkMaister
09-13-2013, 01:56 PM
If you mean the Arc codes they're in my sig.
is the codes you type in the My Ego Page
Here are the codes for anyone interested.
http://www.cheatcc.com/xbox360/defiancecheatscodes.html#.UjN7QMZwqSp

What codes? Bit codes? Sounds like cheating.
Even more so.. sounds like stealing. I hope not, friend.
Pretty sure any decent human does. Not sure who would
happily give someone else "BITS".. game cards/codes, after paying
for them, themselves.. once you use a "defiance game card"
It's done.. you can't share it.. what codes are you talking about???

No dude the codes one receives when one completes a mission that you redeem at the MyEgo page. i never heard that you have to pay actua ****ing cash for weapons in a ****ing videogame i for one would not pay a dime other than for the game or maybe a mod or extension like the castithan one but for ****ing game items? Are you kidding me?

I know of games that people actually have to do that **** and people even pay actual millions of dollars for nonexistent virtual apartments and **** but to me that's the definition of sheer insanity. I would not touch such a game with a 10 foot pole. You want ot ganble your real money ****ing play poker or some Real world game with tangible real world prizes if you win.

Mess7739
09-13-2013, 02:05 PM
Y'know, I can't figure out if I'm lucky as hell, or the majority of this community doesn't know tactics.....

I have waltzed through this game numerous times, and not once have I met a mission that I couldn't beat, an enemy that was too hard, or an Arkfall I couldn't win. Maybe I'm just lucky, but it seems to me that some people just lack the skill required to play this game. They seem to lack, to be blunt tactics. Weapons help, but even with weapons that friends used to laugh at me for carrying because they were terrible, I walked through this story with absurd ease time and again. Only time I ever had trouble was with the final boss the first time around. Took me a solid 45 minutes to figure him out, I have since walked in and kicked his jeking arse with ease.

For the mission in question, I never had a problem, even the first time through when I failed to notice the special weapon. All I can say is to chill back, use cover, roll, ect, to avoid their fire, take out the knife guys first and avoid the big guy until he's the last man standing and then focus on him. There isn't much else to say, it's the strategy for the entire game, even against the final boss.

If you can't beat it.... Find another game? Maybe CoD would suit you better ;) I don't mean to be condescending, however, if you can't beat one of the easier bunkers of the game, this game probably isn't for you.

I agree, most people stick to the same "most powerful weapon" tactic instead of trying something new but your post is pretty harsh. The dude just seems to be real new at this and is just looking for pointers, probably doesn't even know what an advanced weapon is.

PunkMaister
09-13-2013, 02:12 PM
I agree, most people stick to the same "most powerful weapon" tactic instead of trying something new but your post is pretty harsh. The dude just seems to be real new at this and is just looking for pointers, probably doesn't even know what an advanced weapon is.

Yes I'm new at this game and it's my first game console since the days of Atari. Asv far as advanced weapons go you must mean in the game I mean i sure know about Stealth fighters, drones and Apache helicopters in the real world. But yes i have virtually no knowledge of the advanced weapons systems in the game, plus my tactic have always been to keep firing at a target until it's dead, evade firing, and run to the ammo supply cabinet when I run out of ammo., now most missions have ammo cabinets laying around, this is the only one I've encountered that does not at the end.

N3gativeCr33p
09-13-2013, 02:15 PM

Actually, I find both of them equally worthless. :)

PunkMaister
09-13-2013, 02:59 PM
Actually, I find both of them equally worthless. :)
You can all relax this are just the codes you receive when you finish a mission that you then redeeem at the My Ego webpage that's all.

InfamousBrad
09-13-2013, 03:37 PM
How the hell does one even finish this damn mission, since you end up locked in 3 rooms of the bunker with a huge army of mutants and no way to even re-stock on ammo?:confused:

Three pages of answers, and nobody's made this clear to the guy who didn't recognize the clues:

When EGO told you "There's an advanced weapon here" (or whichever variant), you were supposed to look around for a red glowing object. In this mission, it's a Pulverizer. The Pulverizer is a melee weapon with a fixed number of charges that makes you invulnerable (see footnote) while you run around punching things. Pick it up, and run around and kill everything but the boss, or as many of them as you can. By the time you get done, you should be down to just the boss and maybe 1 or 2 trash mobs. Circle around the boss so he can't hit you while you whittle him down.

* Footnote: Every time you punch something, you lose a charge; every time somebody shoots you, you lose a charge. So move quickly.

BarrySciFi
09-14-2013, 04:23 AM
Well, I think I may be one of the most qualified people to give advice, simply because I had never played an online shooter before and I am surely one of the most UNskilled players in the game. :) I am a JRPG guy, but there's something about this game that I love.

Anyway, what EGO level are you at? I was above 1000 before that mission, mostly because I couldn't beat Jackleg Joe. If you have a fire weapon, Joe is a breeze. If you don't, then he's pretty difficult.

I used a clustershot (at the time I loved them), and a rocker lmg. I hid a lot and just took them down a little at a time. If you have a BMG, you might want that in the secondary slot for some additional healing benefit. The two mechanized monsters took me forever because I kept hiding and trying to revive Cooper and Tok (whatever his name is). They can help a little, but they distracted the mechanized creatures for me more than anything. Just don't get cornered and keep hiding to replenish your shield. If I can do it, I guarantee you can do it, too :)

PunkMaister
09-14-2013, 08:26 AM
Well, I think I may be one of the most qualified people to give advice, simply because I had never played an online shooter before and I am surely one of the most UNskilled players in the game. :) I am a JRPG guy, but there's something about this game that I love.

Anyway, what EGO level are you at? I was above 1000 before that mission, mostly because I couldn't beat Jackleg Joe. If you have a fire weapon, Joe is a breeze. If you don't, then he's pretty difficult.

I used a clustershot (at the time I loved them), and a rocker lmg. I hid a lot and just took them down a little at a time. If you have a BMG, you might want that in the secondary slot for some additional healing benefit. The two mechanized monsters took me forever because I kept hiding and trying to revive Cooper and Tok (whatever his name is). They can help a little, but they distracted the mechanized creatures for me more than anything. Just don't get cornered and keep hiding to replenish your shield. If I can do it, I guarantee you can do it, too :)

thanks I need to fill quite a few more arkfall ego points before I can obtain that particular weapon.

3rdpig
09-14-2013, 09:52 AM
First, equip a decent shield (Respark Regenerator is the top choice for most) and perks such as Fortitude, Cellular Armor, Regeneration, Thick Skinned, etc, etc) and equip decent weapons, a good primary like a SAW or VBI Assault rifle and a decent secondary like a VOT Fragger or Grind Fragger.

Now the strategy,

Pick up the Pulverizer, it's surrounded by a red glow.
Run into the middle of the nearest trash mob and use the alternate attack mode (where you pound the floor with the pulverizer) that will destroy that mob.
Race to next trash mob and pound floor.
Continue destroying mobs with the alt fire attack until they're all gone or until the pulverizer is out of charge.
If there's any charge left then attack the boss using the main attack (punch) until he's dead or the pulverizer is out of charge.
Continue killing everything in the area with your regular weapons.

If you still can't do it then I recommend you abandon the mission and do co-ops and arkfalls until you get more experience and better weapons, shields and perks. There's no shame in that, the perks themselves can make a big difference. Also, learn how to fight and still monitor your shields and health, learn how to dodge until your shield comes back up. Learn to use your grenade as well.

PunkMaister
09-14-2013, 10:24 AM
First, equip a decent shield (Respark Regenerator is the top choice for most) and perks such as Fortitude, Cellular Armor, Regeneration, Thick Skinned, etc, etc) and equip decent weapons, a good primary like a SAW or VBI Assault rifle and a decent secondary like a VOT Fragger or Grind Fragger.

Now the strategy,

Pick up the Pulverizer, it's surrounded by a red glow.
Run into the middle of the nearest trash mob and use the alternate attack mode (where you pound the floor with the pulverizer) that will destroy that mob.
Race to next trash mob and pound floor.
Continue destroying mobs with the alt fire attack until they're all gone or until the pulverizer is out of charge.
If there's any charge left then attack the boss using the main attack (punch) until he's dead or the pulverizer is out of charge.
Continue killing everything in the area with your regular weapons.

If you still can't do it then I recommend you abandon the mission and do co-ops and arkfalls until you get more experience and better weapons, shields and perks. There's no shame in that, the perks themselves can make a big difference. Also, learn how to fight and still monitor your shields and health, learn how to dodge until your shield comes back up. Learn to use your grenade as well.

That's what I'm doing, frankly I'm really good at snipping targets from a distance but i'm not very good in close quarter combat.

3rdpig
09-14-2013, 11:32 AM
That's what I'm doing, frankly I'm really good at snipping targets from a distance but i'm not very good in close quarter combat.

I hate to tell you this, but you're either going to have to improve your game or get a friend to complete the solo story missions for you. Otherwise you're going to get really frustrated with Defiance since the the solo missions are pretty much all close quarters combat.

The shield, perks and weapons can make a big difference, but the rest is tactics, situational awareness and being good on the controls.

PunkMaister
09-14-2013, 12:37 PM
I hate to tell you this, but you're either going to have to improve your game or get a friend to complete the solo story missions for you. Otherwise you're going to get really frustrated with Defiance since the the solo missions are pretty much all close quarters combat.

The shield, perks and weapons can make a big difference, but the rest is tactics, situational awareness and being good on the controls.

that's why I'm trying to become more proficient in the latter, I've already mastered long distance snipping whch works great in arkfalls and coop missions since I can do a great job of cover and suppresion fire for the rest of the arkhunters involved. I love killing hellbugs and other baddies at distance and see how they pop.

Jallace Ryngz
09-14-2013, 10:38 PM
Eh lmg as many of the basic mutants then pulverized the elite smurf and use ego and grenades. There's no point in rushing into the bulk of the horde so take it slow and pick the little buggers off.