PDA

View Full Version : Volge Battle Rifle MK1

Bentu
09-13-2013, 09:15 AM
What the best mods to equippe to this weapon? Ideally the mods you can get from the vendor not the ones on sale via an arms dealer.

PseudoCool
09-13-2013, 11:34 AM
I loaded mine out with a recoil/bloom reduction stock, critical multiplier barrel (since the AoE CAN crit), Fire Modified Magazine (yes, it WILL catch stuff on fire, especially when it crits), and haven't decided on a scope yet, and probably won't since there's no reason without a synergy other than range.

With those mods, the gun performs pretty well, plus the extra DoT and Critical damage is a nice boost to the guns already above par output.

Someone had talked about trying to put a burst mod on it to get 3 rounds at a time, but not sure if they did or what the result was.

Zugo
09-13-2013, 11:50 AM
Someone had talked about trying to put a burst mod on it to get 3 rounds at a time, but not sure if they did or what the result was.

I gave it a try, the outcome was an extra shot every so often. I've gone with the crit barrel now also.

Obiwan
09-13-2013, 11:53 AM

1. I agree with the mods PseudoCool recommended.

2. Adding a burst mod is pointless since it does not increase the fire rate and just forces your to fire 3 rounds at a time. Since it is full auto you can just hold down the fire button and shoot however many rounds you need.

Bentu
09-13-2013, 11:54 AM
Cheere guys, are there any mods to increase fire rate?

Cavadus
09-13-2013, 12:09 PM

Nope.

/10characters

Bentu
09-13-2013, 12:19 PM
Nope.

/10characters

That is indeed a shame so guess I will go with one that increases capacity.

3rdpig
09-13-2013, 12:38 PM
I didn't even bother putting a stock on mine since it has neither bloom or recoil and I don't melee stuff with it.

I put an expanded magazine on mine, but I may experiment with one of the Nano mods here.

I did put the low power scope on it just because it helps me get more criticals at range and hipshot accuracy is fine for everything else.

And I put the crit barrel on it as well.

Bentu
09-13-2013, 12:41 PM
I will go with the Comando scope as I find it concentrates my aim.

Teshawk
04-25-2014, 02:41 AM
I got my first MKIII from a lucky run at a Volge incursion at some mines.

They shoot well from the hip while running and if I put a +8 falloff and a Commando or Tactical scope it could come close to sniper range and it has the accuracy.

I tried the burst mod and, yes, you get an extra double shot every like 5th shot but it fires so slow and the target is moving (or I am) that it's hard to keep the burst on target. It behaves like the 3 shot burst rocket launcher.

I'm thinking
External Recoil Reduction (does it make a great melee weapon?)
Sustained Power Muzzle III: +8 meters Falloff (putting it at 21 meters before falloff?)
Catalyst Injector: +10 Trigger % (mines lightning)
Tactical Scope: -.30 Accuracy ( I like the sniping x-hair)

I experimented with adding the Radiation Assault Converter to see if both Rads and Electric proc but I can't tell. It's plasma shot looks like electricity but the green goo is dropping and the lighting bolt was replaced with rad symbol so I guess it's a big fat no?

I'm having trouble finding a definitive answer searching here or Google about double nano guns.

drackiller
04-25-2014, 02:50 AM
http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx142/ToniCareca/dogdigger_zps679073de.jpg (http://s750.photobucket.com/user/ToniCareca/media/dogdigger_zps679073de.jpg.html)

Critical Errors
04-25-2014, 04:41 AM
I got my first MKIII from a lucky run at a Volge incursion at some mines.

They shoot well from the hip while running and if I put a +8 falloff and a Commando or Tactical scope it could come close to sniper range and it has the accuracy.

I tried the burst mod and, yes, you get an extra double shot every like 5th shot but it fires so slow and the target is moving (or I am) that it's hard to keep the burst on target. It behaves like the 3 shot burst rocket launcher.

I'm thinking
External Recoil Reduction (does it make a great melee weapon?)
Sustained Power Muzzle III: +8 meters Falloff (putting it at 21 meters before falloff?)
Catalyst Injector: +10 Trigger % (mines lightning)
Tactical Scope: -.30 Accuracy ( I like the sniping x-hair)

I experimented with adding the Radiation Assault Converter to see if both Rads and Electric proc but I can't tell. It's plasma shot looks like electricity but the green goo is dropping and the lighting bolt was replaced with rad symbol so I guess it's a big fat no?

I'm having trouble finding a definitive answer searching here or Google about double nano guns.

The Volge Lmg doesn't suffer from falloff. You're wasting that slot that could give you a Pwr bore or Crit barrel. Nano converters don't proc both Nano. They did last year, but that was fixed.

drackiller
04-25-2014, 05:12 AM
http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx142/ToniCareca/ThreadNecromancy42_zps1a2aec7b.jpg (http://s750.photobucket.com/user/ToniCareca/media/ThreadNecromancy42_zps1a2aec7b.jpg.html)

Teshawk
05-13-2014, 01:51 PM
http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx142/ToniCareca/ThreadNecromancy42_zps1a2aec7b.jpg (http://s750.photobucket.com/user/ToniCareca/media/ThreadNecromancy42_zps1a2aec7b.jpg.html)

Why do you keep putting these inane pictures up?

If there is a topic that is a serious discussion about the subject already on the board then posting a new topic which doesn't tie into the old topic forces the Admins to work to combine threads and doesn't allow people to see the whole earlier and relevant discussion.

This and the digging dog and digging bulldozers add nothing to the discussion and don't help out new players. It's just harassment.

EDIT: OK Trion Worlds Community Guidelines (http://forums.defiance.com/announcement.php?a=4) state leaving most threads older than 2 weeks old alone and actually pointing that out would have been extremely more effective than posting some silly meme especially for a new member to the Trion forums... Some forums are very strict about not generating new threads if one on the subject is already in play.

Teshawk
05-13-2014, 02:58 PM
The Volge Lmg doesn't suffer from falloff. You're wasting that slot that could give you a Pwr bore or Crit barrel. Nano converters don't proc both Nano. They did last year, but that was fixed.

Thanks, Critical Errors. I learned something new and will be using a different muzzle on the next VBR. I've gotten 3 purples now but not been happy with the stats. Actually the first one might have been great but I destroyed it taking out the mods having not learned about arkforge upgrades yet. Actually destroyed quite a few weapons now that I might have wanted to keep.

Inventory space of 63 is still pretty limiting and not sure yet how people have secured 299...

Quebra Regra
05-13-2014, 03:16 PM

A damn fine idea. I've been dreaming of some kind of mod to increase fire rate for a while now. Sadly it would likely be a mag or barrel mod if it existed.