PDA

View Full Version : Man, Trion... I'm sorry...

Legion Harkonnen
09-13-2013, 10:51 AM
I don't actually log on as much as I should on these forums anymore, and with kinda crappy net now can't play online as much. But I just wanted to say that some of us still love and appreciate this game and understand that matching and running concurrently with a tv show and company has to be a huge pain. Yeah, game has issues. Yeah, there has been some big screw ups... but that is life. Some of us know you're all busting *** to fix and do what you can, that there is only so much you can say or do at a time, and we appreciate that you try. Sorry for the insane negativity you must be so tired of seeing, but I hope you also understand that it is because we all know this game can, and eventually will, be more.

So keep on truckin, guys.

And people can flame me for saying all that, your words will have no impact on me and I could not care less. As much as you all have a right to speak up and complain, I have a right to praise what I see.

Peace, folks.

3rdpig
09-13-2013, 11:34 AM
While I value effort, I place an even higher value on effort that's properly directed and executed.

When something is wrong, and people are clamoring for something to be done, and you have no idea what to do, it's often better just to do nothing. Primum non nocere, or in English, "first, do no harm". Trion has, IMO, harmed this game as much as they've helped it.

I realize that Trion has contractual obligations that have to be fulfilled, but I find it rather hard to believe that something like changes to grenades and ammo spikes are part of that. My guess is that there is one (or maybe two) person who is pushing hard for these changes that the game community has never asked for or thinks is broken. That person needs to step back, listen to the community and stop putting their own desires above that of their customers.

Aaricane
09-13-2013, 11:52 AM
Praising Trion over this game is like buying a car without reverse. Then praising them for a job well done because they are working on other cars as well, so you understand all the issues.

Probably get another infraction for this but it's the truth.

But, i'm still here hoping to God someday it becomes a good game.

Hyaku Shiki
09-13-2013, 12:33 PM
There is nothing worth praising on this game.

Mr Creamer
09-13-2013, 12:52 PM
I too love this game, and cannot wait to see what it will turn out to be like. Nothing good happens very quickly and the dev team is still busy working on DLC which they havbe to do because they sold a season pass. So maybe when the manditory DLCs have been released we will se a rapid increase in the numbers of issues fixed per patch. For now Ill keep trucking along and hope that I can keep the connectivity issues to a minimum on my end, so far its been ok.

Wraieth
09-13-2013, 02:00 PM
I don't actually log on as much as I should on these forums anymore, and with kinda crappy net now can't play online as much. But I just wanted to say that some of us still love and appreciate this game and understand that matching and running concurrently with a tv show and company has to be a huge pain. Yeah, game has issues. Yeah, there has been some big screw ups... but that is life. Some of us know you're all busting *** to fix and do what you can, that there is only so much you can say or do at a time, and we appreciate that you try. Sorry for the insane negativity you must be so tired of seeing, but I hope you also understand that it is because we all know this game can, and eventually will, be more.

So keep on truckin, guys.

And people can flame me for saying all that, your words will have no impact on me and I could not care less. As much as you all have a right to speak up and complain, I have a right to praise what I see.

Peace, folks.

This statement would be true if it wasn't for the fact that even though they are supposedly busting tail. Every change or new they they do is open hand slapping the players.

If they would stop and listen to the players and make changes accordingly this statement would be made by a lot more people.

N3gativeCr33p
09-13-2013, 02:23 PM
My guess is that there is one (or maybe two) person who is pushing hard for these changes that the game community has never asked for or thinks is broken. That person needs to step back, listen to the community and stop putting their own desires above that of their customers.

If they would stop and listen to the players and make changes accordingly this statement would be made by a lot more people.

Both quoted for truth.