PDA

View Full Version : Your Opinion on Nano Effects!

Seizan
09-13-2013, 04:20 PM
Hi all. I'm sure this has been done before but I'd like to know your opinion on the different nano effects in this game. So, please take a minute and rate these nano effects from best to worst (in your opinion) in terms of PvE and PvP. Much appreciated!

Example:

PvE: Syphon > Incendiary > Bio ..... etc etc

Maixx
09-13-2013, 04:56 PM
Pvp:
Siphon - Electricity - Bio - Fire - Radiation

Pve (harder enemies)
Siphon - Radiation - Bio - Fire - Electricity

Epshiluss
09-13-2013, 05:03 PM
It depends on the guns for me;

high critical guns (snipers, 6-wolfhound)-radiation nano to increase damage by 300-500

shot guns- biological nano to hold enemy's in place

Slow firing weapons-incendiary nano if I miss my second shot, the fire effect will keep their shields from recharging (PVP)

Fast firing weapons- siphon

Long range assault rifles- electrical nano to make it harder for players to aim at me from a distance (PVP)

3rdpig
09-13-2013, 05:10 PM
I can make any nano work on any weapon, but I do have some preferences to which nano I like on which enemies, and sometimes it's not really that critical, for example I like the Raiders really don't like to be set on fire (and I admit to a certain enjoyment from doing it), and 99'ers seem to susceptible to electricity. Siphon seems to be unusually effective on Volge and radiation seems to work on everything it will proc on. Bio was really effective on the afflicted, but now that they're not in the game I don't use bio much anymore.

Notturno
09-13-2013, 05:43 PM
PvP:

This is coming from the perspective of someone who primarily uses Tachmags and Bolt Action Sniper Rifles on PC-NA.
Syphon: Nothing tops this, regardless of weapon. It's free damage (400+), and extra health. Regardless of when it triggers, it will be useful.
Radiation: Only secondary because the triggers become useless towards the tail end of a fight. If you get one at the beginning, the 20% extra incoming damage is a huge deal. Personally, with my double crit Tachmag, Kill or Be Killed, and a Radiation trigger... I've seen anywhere from 200 to 450 damage headshots. Landing just a couple of those during a fight will end it in short order.
Bio: Incredibly useful when used on a weapon that requires crouching and aiming. It generally doesn't trigger too often on Tachmags, but I have seen very reliable results from Assault Rifles and SAWs.
Incendiary: It's an option that forces people to roll, but that's about it. I think the overall potency is quite weak due to the roll canceling the damage over time.
Electric: It's great against the average player who can't determine where the center of their screen is, that's about it.

Seizan
09-13-2013, 08:32 PM
Thank you all so much for the detailed and educated feedback. Learning a lot here.