PDA

View Full Version : What Weapon Bonuses Do You Want?

Critical Errors
09-14-2013, 07:15 AM
Ok, with the press release notes recently released stating weapon bonuses will be reworked, I got to thinking how I'd like some bonuses changed. What're your ideas?

The most obviously hated roll in game needs to be changed!

15% Self Revive on Revive other Player.
Change to:
= 5% Self Revive Refresh on Critical Kill
= 5% Self Revive Refresh on Full Reload

This change alone would make weapons a completely viable option now. Scrip saver from less extraction fees, and the bonus comes from the player, not another party.

Possibly hated more than the first:

6% Ammo on Revive other player.
Change to:
= This shouldn't be a roll in my opinion. Change it to a Perk!

Yet Another Self Revive Roll that needs changed:

200% Melee DMG after Self Revive. (The knock back effect of Self Revive makes this a broken roll any ways).
Change to:
= 10% Self Revive Refresh on a Melee Kill

I know this one has it's uses, but not when it specializes the weapon for one type of combat:

30% Damage to Vehicles.
Change to:
= Again, there is a perk for this, Why should my Blast Rifle get it as a roll? It certainly isn't going to take out an ATV in shadow wars even with this roll and the perk combined....

These are just some of my ideas that I'd love to see made. I don't want to do away with self revive rolls, because I play PVE primarily. I just want them to help me and not be a useless roll.

What other Perks would you add, or change?

Dracian
09-14-2013, 07:32 AM
30% Damage to Vehicles.
Change to:
= Again, there is a perk for this, Why should my Blast Rifle get it as a roll? It certainly isn't going to take out an ATV in shadow wars even with this roll and the perk combined....

PLEASE NO !

If you wonder why this roll, then take your weapon in SW or on Freight Yard and target firstly vehicles. Cerberuses will hate you. Seriously, that bonus is fine, keep it.

However, I agree with you on the "XX% self revive on..." They should all be changed to "+XX% to self revive rate". Period.

For my part, I would love that bonuses and weapons mastery were "smart". Example : who care about ROF on a Mass Cannon or a Nano Fragger ? Who cares about Rolling Thunder Synergy on Rocket Launchers ? Who cares about cannoneer synergy on BMGs ? Melee DMG bonuses on Sniper Rifles ? Recoil bonus on Infectors ?

With that, create new bonuses and rolls, especially on the Legendary ones. I have to frequently the feeling that most of my Legendary are nothing more than Epics with a useless 3rd bonus.

trion pls.

Critical Errors
09-14-2013, 07:46 AM
PLEASE NO !

If you wonder why this roll, then take your weapon in SW or on Freight Yard and target firstly vehicles. Cerberuses will hate you. Seriously, that bonus is fine, keep it.

However, I agree with you on the "XX% self revive on..." They should all be changed to "+XX% to self revive rate". Period.

For my part, I would love that bonuses and weapons mastery were "smart". Example : who care about ROF on a Mass Cannon or a Nano Fragger ? Who cares about Rolling Thunder Synergy on Rocket Launchers ? Who cares about cannoneer synergy on BMGs ? Melee DMG bonuses on Sniper Rifles ? Recoil bonus on Infectors ?

With that, create new bonuses and rolls, especially on the Legendary ones. I have to frequently the feeling that most of my Legendary are nothing more than Epics with a useless 3rd bonus.

trion pls.

Just Curious what weapon you would use the Vehicle DMG roll with. I know if I need my vehicle kills I use my SAW. But I certainly don't want it as an XP roll either. If anything they could up the perk slightly to help that out.
It's a roll only designed to help out in one situation, and can make an otherwise perfect weapon a big disappointment. And that roll has no benefit in PVE as well.
Rumor has it that Self Revive may be brought into PVP, which means weapons with Self Revive rolls would be useful all around. But the Vehicle DMG Roll? It is only useful in a small number of situations, and therefore a wasted roll to me.

Edit: I completely agree about the SMART weapons rolls, and they did state they are trying to fix that as well.

Sad_Jane
09-14-2013, 08:19 AM
A Det with a Vehicle roll is a hell of a drug.
Saws, (Well any LMG)
Have an infector with one that is funny.

Totally should keep the Veh Roll.....
But as that is really a PvP thing... why not change what a "Vehicle" is in the game.....

A little logic.....

Why not make things that are large and mechanical (like vehicles) count as vehicles....
Not enemies maybe.... but how about.... arkfall crystals (They are part of a vehicle) - Progenitors, Monoliths, Heat Sinks, etc....

Just a thought

Critical Errors
09-14-2013, 08:22 AM
A Det with a Vehicle roll is a hell of a drug.
Saws, (Well any LMG)
Have an infector with one that is funny.

Totally should keep the Veh Roll.....
But as that is really a PvP thing... why not change what a "Vehicle" is in the game.....

A little logic.....

Why not make things that are large and mechanical (like vehicles) count as vehicles....
Not enemies maybe.... but how about.... arkfall crystals (They are part of a vehicle) - Progenitors, Monoliths, Heat Sinks, etc....

Just a thought

I would agree with that. Scrappers and the Monolith don't even count as vehicles!

Sad_Jane
09-14-2013, 08:22 AM
On the revives.....

I would rather see something like shield recharge/or rate or some such rather then revive... then it would be useful in PvE and PvE.

Bonuses should be usable on both fields of battle and no bonus (Roll or Mod) should be negated by the weapon type. Like a +5% Mag Bonus on a RL from the Synergy

Critical Errors
09-14-2013, 08:58 AM
On the revives.....

I would rather see something like shield recharge/or rate or some such rather then revive... then it would be useful in PvE and PvE.

Bonuses should be usable on both fields of battle and no bonus (Roll or Mod) should be negated by the weapon type. Like a +5% Mag Bonus on a RL from the Synergy

Shield recharge would be awesome! Why didn't I think of that?

Elastik Spastik
09-14-2013, 09:11 AM
Different weapon skins

Dracian
09-14-2013, 09:32 AM
Just Curious what weapon you would use the Vehicle DMG roll with.

I have a SAW and a Tachmag Pulser I use on a regular basis on FY and in SW and that take out vehicles pretty quickly. I saw a Big Boomer with that roll doing marvels, too.

So, yes it is situational and a Perk can do the same, but self revive rolls are situational too. And both are currently usable only either in PvP or in PvE...

Error404
09-14-2013, 12:58 PM
Just Curious what weapon you would use the Vehicle DMG roll with. I know if I need my vehicle kills I use my SAW. But I certainly don't want it as an XP roll either. If anything they could up the perk slightly to help that out.
It's a roll only designed to help out in one situation, and can make an otherwise perfect weapon a big disappointment. And that roll has no benefit in PVE as well.
Rumor has it that Self Revive may be brought into PVP, which means weapons with Self Revive rolls would be useful all around. But the Vehicle DMG Roll? It is only useful in a small number of situations, and therefore a wasted roll to me.

Edit: I completely agree about the SMART weapons rolls, and they did state they are trying to fix that as well.

Derailer with Wrecking Ball and 30% to vehicles can one shot any quad regardless of the players perks and can two shot a Cerberus regardless of their perks.

Breaker cannon also benefits from it.

And a courier with it will almost always kill a Cerberus in one shot along with all of its' occupents.

It's a useful bonus, not amazing, but DEFINITELY useful

3rdpig
09-14-2013, 03:32 PM
I don't PvP and my best orange weapon got the mastery bonus 30% damage to vehicles. It's an utterly worthless bonus for me since there are no vehicles I can damage. I'm not saying the vehicle damage bonus should go away, but there needs to be some way that we're not stuck with useless bonuses on our best weapons. Either separate them out, or let us reset it and try again.

Epshiluss
09-14-2013, 03:41 PM
All bonuses are fine apart from +3% ammo on reviving a player. This bonus is only works with weapons with at least 33 bullets, which rules out launchers, most shotguns all pistols (i think), BMG's and sniper rifles. when you do have enough bullets in the clip for this to activate, you get a whopping 1-2 bullets in your clip on reviving another player.

To top it off its only found on legendary weapons.

PseudoCool
09-14-2013, 03:41 PM
See.. I have to agree.. the weapons bonus is USELESS if your not a PvP player. It literally can make your better weapons that you've grown to love into nothing more than wasted inventory fodder.

Now.. I still keep a couple of them because I truly love the weapon and the way it's set up with specific mods.. but that bonus roll is just annoying.

That and ANYTHING with revive rate increase on self-revive or reviving another player. Now, one I do like that I just got on a Tachmag.. +2% self revive rate on full reload. That one DEFINITELY needs to stay, as it's utility is universal.

And frankly, most of the weapons mastery bonuses are really awesome bonuses, they just drop on the wrong weapons. ROF on Rocket Launcher? What cares! 1.05x mag on Courier? Your kidding me right! There really needs to be some general bonuses that fit everything (like the damage modifier and whatnots).. but they really need to start by tweaking the synergies on the weapons, and then fitting the mastery bonuses to those synergies, and then to the type of weapon. That may take a bit, but it'd make it so we'd always get a fitting bonus instead of being lumped into the constant cycle of self-revive bonus X% on revive other player.

Arran
09-14-2013, 03:42 PM
I was lucky to get it on 1 of my big boomers. Awesum in SW & FY :)

Ashlocke
09-15-2013, 09:10 AM
I don't PvP and my best orange weapon got the mastery bonus 30% damage to vehicles. It's an utterly worthless bonus for me since there are no vehicles I can damage. I'm not saying the vehicle damage bonus should go away, but there needs to be some way that we're not stuck with useless bonuses on our best weapons. Either separate them out, or let us reset it and try again.
Or better yet, add in a new system to the game that allows for a deterministic path to get and upgrade gear.

I would love a system that allows me to "slowly" build/alter/create a weapon/shield/grenade in my inventory.

I want to be able to change each tier of bonuses (green, blue, purple, etc) that a weapon has to any allowed bonus for the tier. Essentially modding my own personal gear to my specific needs.

We can pick a specific set of perks for any given load out to be used for a specific tactic, why shouldn't we be able to continue that line of reasoning and be able to create specific weapon stats for a given tactic. You could have two purple assault rifles with totally different stats to be used for totally different purposes.