PDA

View Full Version : I'm speechless.

Calcey
09-14-2013, 11:37 AM
So I heard they removed this amazing feature... Why would you even do this?
Is it true?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbt63Ty9qF0

3rdpig
09-14-2013, 12:06 PM
Because while it may be fun for you, it was a PITA for just about everyone else. It's bad enough we've got morons who need to empty mag after mag into vending machines or their equally idiotic brethren who need to give their ground pounder a 10,000 round torture test at the most populated spot they can find. We really didn't need blithering idiots who think it's amusing to play bumper cars for hour after hour in a highly populated spot.

I've got no problems with children behaving like children, just go do it where there's not a lot of people really trying to play the game.

Worldviewsinc
09-14-2013, 01:09 PM
Because while it may be fun for you, it was a PITA for just about everyone else. It's bad enough we've got morons who need to empty mag after mag into vending machines or their equally idiotic brethren who need to give their ground pounder a 10,000 round torture test at the most populated spot they can find. We really didn't need blithering idiots who think it's amusing to play bumper cars for hour after hour in a highly populated spot.

I've got no problems with children behaving like children, just go do it where there's not a lot of people really trying to play the game.

Agreed and very well put if I may say so!!!

Call Me Gus
09-14-2013, 01:36 PM
who need to give their ground pounder a 10,000 round torture test

The only reason i shoot in to the air or vending machines is because the wait for Coop or PvP is killing me, if i go to an AF, or find some enemies or Siege the match usually starts, but i got to say its annoying if the screen starts to shake when people make explosions near the vendors/lockbox.

The ones you really should complain on is the oxygen thieves that drag enemies to people standing at vendors that gets us killed, people who say But i'm scared are morons because if they're scared why do they even play the game in the first place?

DragonsWife
09-14-2013, 01:40 PM

It is a game, and the point of playing is to relax and have fun. While I agree with the rest of your point whole-heartedly, that sentence strikes me as rather... serious. :rolleyes:

Maybe they could put some bouncy bumpers back, somewhere less populated perhaps... that looks like silly good fun :D

RedXVIII
09-14-2013, 01:57 PM
I miss bouncing in Muir.

Xaearth
09-14-2013, 01:58 PM

This is the first I've ever heard of the Earth Republic Camp referred to as a "highly populated spot".

I haven't seen more than 5 people there at once since the day after launch. And it isn't for lack of me going there, I'm one of those bored players that spends most of their time in game traveling between vendors hoping for that once-in-a-lifetime special.

And if you were referring to another location... Hell I wouldn't consider any of them besides IDR to have ever been "highly populated" either.

Bonehead
09-14-2013, 04:11 PM
It is a game, and the point of playing is to relax and have fun. While I agree with the rest of your point whole-heartedly, that sentence strikes me as rather... serious. :rolleyes:

Maybe they could put some bouncy bumpers back, somewhere less populated perhaps... that looks like silly good fun :D

it was hella silly good fun indeed

Durva360
09-14-2013, 04:20 PM
I remember getting a group of 40 something people to all do the car bounce at Muir. Good times my friend, good times indeed.

Combo Breaker
09-14-2013, 05:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFCqoSEL8io

I was happy to have made this video before it was patched.

Bonehead
09-14-2013, 07:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFCqoSEL8io

I was happy to have made this video before it was patched.

well done indeed good sir or madame

MustangP51
09-14-2013, 07:52 PM
This is the first I've ever heard of the Earth Republic Camp referred to as a "highly populated spot".

I haven't seen more than 5 people there at once since the day after launch. And it isn't for lack of me going there, I'm one of those bored players that spends most of their time in game traveling between vendors hoping for that once-in-a-lifetime special.

And if you were referring to another location... Hell I wouldn't consider any of them besides IDR to have ever been "highly populated" either.

Lol this is The new Defiance we're talking about right? Any more than 4 or 5 in any area is highly populated ever since the whole DLC fiasco and still can't correct the D/C or Hardlocks since game came out

Calcey
09-16-2013, 06:51 AM
Because while it may be fun for you, ....... We really didn't need blithering idiots who think it's amusing to play bumper cars for hour after hour in a highly populated spot.

So this is what happened to the community? They all became veterans over night lurking the forums to give out ever so magnificent advice, dude, the game isn't even that old.

I'm actually pretty surprised that you feel so strongly against kids when you're the one playing a video game where you shoot alien crabs and giant worms, I mean come one man.

This bug what was made the game a tiny bit more fun for a lot of people, it didn't bother me at all to see 5 cars bouncing on ATVs, why should it bother you?

N3gativeCr33p
09-16-2013, 07:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbt63Ty9qF0

HAHAHAHAHAHA... the music in that video fits perfectly!

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r67/N3gativeCr33p/KurtClapping_zpse86c6e1c.gif

Cocatox
09-16-2013, 07:04 AM
lol made my day :-)

Clarity Page
09-16-2013, 07:41 AM
I like it, I like it
this glitch looks awesome, shame i only find out about it post patch
Vehicular pinball anyone?

Indra Echo
09-16-2013, 07:54 AM

The problem is the shooting and using ground pounders on people at vendors has not been stopped and the bouncy stuff that would fling cars into the air were not focused generally at other players. At Muir, the one that was there was not right near people. And removing it, didn't stop others from driving their cars right on top of you at the vendor (trying to make it so you can't see things or just to try and annoy) and honking their horns repeatedly.

If this were about removing annoyances, there are far worse ones and some that actually inevitably lead to people lagging out.

The real annoyances remain and the ones that weren't used right on top of people keep getting removed to appease and act like they're doing something about the truly annoying crap.

I think they should actually move these things so they aren't right near where people (used to) congregate. That's Trion's fault. If people use them they are nowhere near as bad as the detonators and constant BMGing that takes place right at the vendors.

I agree so much that this is a video game and there needs to be more fun, random stuff to do rather than less, with real issues related to stuff that's spammed and craps on other peoples' games getting the proper attention.