PDA

View Full Version : Trion PC chat UI so we all can talk to global, groups, raids, clans etc?

Critas Storm
09-14-2013, 03:58 PM
Trion,

The PC chat UI and system is the worst of any MMO in MMO history its even worse then DC online by SOE pc version and I did not think any future MMO could be worse then the console port DC online pc version but boy I was wrong when I did the betas for Defiance, the worlds felt empty cause we could not all talk in global and zones and clans, raids, groups like all MMO's normally can.

So are there plans to fix this major issue soon, so players will want to actually play again and log in, and so the servers cant continue to being a barren solo player shooter?

Critas Storm
09-14-2013, 04:03 PM
I did notice in the new state of the game, he mentions about they are working on chat, so the worlds don't feel like and empty solo player game etc, so we all can communicate, so are they actually going to fix this to have a standard MMO pc version chat UI so we can all talk to each other to do stuff for those that don't want to use vent, voice chat all the time to get a headache, cant we please get the chat UI working?

Critas Storm
09-15-2013, 05:55 PM
Please give feedback you all, if anyone knows if they are going to fix this soon?

Arsenic_Touch
09-15-2013, 05:57 PM
They've been "working" on the chat since the beginning and the only thing they've managed to accomplish is make it worse.

JxSiN
09-15-2013, 06:00 PM
They've been "working" on the chat since the beginning and the only thing they've managed to accomplish is make it worse.

^This.

Anytime you hear "soon" expect it to be a long time. Anytime you hear "working on it" fear for your life.

Critas Storm
09-18-2013, 08:29 AM
Trion can you give us a ETA on this?

Cause on top of the horrible console port on the pc the graphics are like from 2007 not 2013 ultra,ultra pc.

Due to those issues cant even play this and chat that is useless cant group or talk to my guild clan, cant even join a clan cause talking to any other players in game is Impossible this makes this the most failed AAA MMO in MMO history even SOE and Cryptic who suck, aren't this bad.

Sadly I love rift , before this had loved Trion.

But this is a disaster.

melkathi
09-18-2013, 08:56 AM
Trion,

The PC chat UI and system is the worst of any MMO in MMO history its even worse then DC online by SOE pc version and I did not think any future MMO could be worse then the console port DC online pc version but boy I was wrong when I did the betas for Defiance, the worlds felt empty cause we could not all talk in global and zones and clans, raids, groups like all MMO's normally can.

So are there plans to fix this major issue soon, so players will want to actually play again and log in, and so the servers cant continue to being a barren solo player shooter?

Thing is, the chat is not just worse than DCUO's chat - it is even worse than some single player games' ;)

Cavadus
09-18-2013, 10:00 AM

This, a thousand times over.

The fact that the DLC chat regression wasn't immediately reverted is frightening, TBH. It's so horrendously bad and broken in every way.

Being able to talk to other players is a pretty big ****ing deal in an MMO. Why TW thinks this isn't their top priority right now this second is beyond me.

But they've never cared about social aspects and now we can barely even talk to one another. I don't know how people outside of their clans' VOIP server do it.

Then again, I'm sure they've quit by now.

Critas Storm
09-18-2013, 07:10 PM
Thing is, the chat is not just worse than DCUO's chat - it is even worse than some single player games' ;)

I agree it is like a Monkey designed this.
I mean my god a cub scout troop working on chat UI merit badge could come up with at least a working chat with chat channels and tabs like real MMO's.

Critas Storm
09-19-2013, 09:03 AM
Please keep up the feedback for this all!

ty

Cavadus
09-19-2013, 09:59 AM
Please keep up the feedback for this all!

ty

We *****ed hard about it in alpha, we've made a billion posts and threads about it, and we haven't even managed to get a dev or dahanese to acknowledge the issue. Player to player communication is simply not even registering on Trion World's broken-@ss "priority radar."

hardy83
09-19-2013, 10:17 AM
We *****ed hard about it in alpha, we've made a billion posts and threads about it, and we haven't even managed to get a dev or dahanese to acknowledge the issue. Player to player communication is simply not even registering on Trion World's broken-@ss "priority radar."

I think it is. I think the problem was who ever was in charge of the game prior to Trick was either really bad at dealing with feedback, had their own vision of the game as stuck with it no matter what, just wasn't good at their job or was just in over their head dealing with a game like this.

All we really need is a overlay chat window that DOESN'T shrink or go away, and has a few main channels like Global/Party/Trade/Combat, and the option to add new customization channel tabs like most other MMOs.

I'm sure it's coming, but I personally don't know how long it takes to take a chat UI that's next to non-existent, and more then likely remake it from scratch.

Cavadus
09-19-2013, 10:22 AM
I'm sure it's coming...

Why? It's barely even been acknowledged. So far the only dev feedback was from the last livestream with Trick where he just acknowledged it sucked and moved on.

There are a lot of things in this game that a rational person would assume is high enough priority for Trion to fix. Instead their too busy with arbitrary grenade revamps that none of us like.

hardy83
09-19-2013, 10:27 AM
Why? It's barely even been acknowledged.

Other then them agreeing it sucks, saying they are working on it, and stating they are going to show us screenshots of the new UI in a week or two, yeah I guess it's barely been acknowledged.

Cavadus
09-19-2013, 10:28 AM
.... saying they are working on it, and stating they are going to show us screenshots of the new UI in a week or two, yeah I guess it's barely been acknowledged.

Where was this said???

hardy83
09-19-2013, 10:33 AM
Where was this said???

You're going to make me look for it!? GAWD!
lol

"I'm going to show this to our designer who is working on the UI overhaul. Also: working on trying to get you guys pics of the work in progress." (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?134180-Defiance-UI-re-Imagined&p=1266675&viewfull=1#post1266675)

Pretty sure she stated on the last live stream too that she is trying to get shots of it for us.

Cavadus
09-19-2013, 10:49 AM
Yeah, they've been talking about a UI overhaul since alpha. Also, their first "UI overhaul" is what got us into the mess.

I do appreciate you digging up the link, though :)

Rasilon
09-19-2013, 11:04 AM
I do not understand how this game does not have a working chat system. I have been playing games on line since we used two tin cans and string to dial up. In all that time I have never played an mp game with out a working chat system. The VOIP would work if they simply hard coded PPT. This is all very basic coding that has been around since the dark ages before the www and Broadband.