PDA

View Full Version : Add a FPS point of view.

Dreadhly
01-22-2013, 10:04 PM
i wold really love to have a fps point of view (First person shooter)!
i am a big fan of FPS games (specially old ones like : Unreal tournament )
wen i was little i played a game called "Battlezone 2" it had the option to change the point of view ingame, kinda like the one used in the NFS games .

i wold like to have something like that.
this wold be the perfect game ever for me,and not just me .
i missed the first mission on the beta but i hope to test out the next one.

i have high hopes for this game!
cant wait to test out the next mission.

im editing this post after i got a lot of opinions early on :

im not demanding- "Make the game a fps!"
i think a small option in the games interface lets say with a the press of a key you can shift the camera point of view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRsq-InjNJ0 - see how he changes the point of view at 0:43

a small option like that wold be nice to have . ( i made this reply later on to clear a bit things up )

i wold suggest since the game is in beta ... why not have this option for testing ?

lPATT
01-22-2013, 10:52 PM
then this game won't be the perfect game for you sorry =( unless you play 24/7 aiming down sight of a scope you won't have fps views

Terra
01-23-2013, 12:26 AM
then this game won't be the perfect game for you sorry =( unless you play 24/7 aiming down sight of a scope you won't have fps views
I think the more tempered response is that there MIGHT be a FPS mode option down the line. However keep in mind that even in pve, but especially pvp, you wouldn't have the same situational awareness you would have over people playing in the TPS mode. Just like the difference between zoom level in a traditional rpgmmo.

Nervusbreakdown
01-23-2013, 12:30 AM
i am a big fps games (specially old ones like : Unreal tournament )
wen i was little i played a game called "Battlezone 2" it had the option to change the point of view ingame, kinda like the one used in the NFS games .

i wold like to have something like that.
this wold be the perfect game ever for me,and not just me .
i missed the first mission on the beta but i hope to test out the next one.

i have high hopes for this game!
cant wait to test out the next mission.

For that you can play borderlands 2

Laughter
01-23-2013, 05:04 AM
I think people need to come in Defiance understanding this is a Third Person Shooter MMO. It's just how the game is.. it isn't your typical shooter game. If you want a FPS game you need to play an FPS game.

Wolf
01-23-2013, 05:25 AM
Does Gears of War need to be FPS? Does Army of Two? Dead Space? Nope, and neither does this.

Aaricane
01-23-2013, 06:17 AM
I think people need to come in Defiance understanding this is a Third Person Shooter MMO. It's just how the game is.. it isn't your typical shooter game. If you want a FPS game you need to play an FPS game.I agree, i don't know what's so hard about coming to terms with what the game is. You don't simply include a on-going TPS mode on CoD or Battlefield.

Dreadhly
01-23-2013, 10:19 AM
i think a small option in the games interface lets say with a the press of a key you can shift the camera point of view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRsq-InjNJ0 - see how he changes the point of view at 0:43

a small option like that wold be nice to have .

Tenz
01-23-2013, 01:09 PM
Um i dont see that being a bad request i mean the game is practically in its on genre MMOFPSRPG...... not many of those but i think if you could alternate between first and third person view would be great.

they have done it in a game called Fallen Earth the fighting aspect is first person and the RP aspects like gathering are third.

so i dont see it being too farfetched

Guknowit
01-23-2013, 01:18 PM

a small option like that wold be nice to have .

Simple mechanic with a simple solution, sounds good to me.

I don't know why some people (lPatt) get their panties in a bunch about adding a first person point of view, it's not like it takes away from the game or story.

Yes, a first person option would be a great idea, and pretty standard to MMOs, whether they are used or not.

Super_Jagerman
01-23-2013, 01:28 PM
I am not opposed to it being added later but it isn't a must have.

Guknowit
01-23-2013, 01:30 PM
I am not opposed to it being added later but it isn't a must have.

Agreed, it won't be a gamebreaker one way or the other.

Jodenco
01-23-2013, 01:34 PM
Another FPS MMO called Fallen Earth has a very elegant solution to this. By hitting the tab key, you toggle between 3rd person and first person views.

While in 3rd person view, the mouse and keyboard operate like any other MMO, then while in 1st person view, the mouse is locked into changing the facing of your character with a reticule.

Of course Defiance will have console players, so this may not be a do-able thing.

Tenz
01-23-2013, 02:01 PM
Simple mechanic with a simple solution, sounds good to me.

I don't know why some people (lPatt) get their panties in a bunch about adding a first person point of view, it's not like it takes away from the game or story.

Yes, a first person option would be a great idea, and pretty standard to MMOs, whether they are used or not.

Agreed, its a simpel mechanic change. ANd if i recall correctly un isnt the elder scrolls series in girst person lol and how many copies where sold LOL im sure no matter what they do the camera it will still be a fun game.

games cant be push to the next level if gaming Nazis keep sticking to each genre has have this and that only. and that make it an acceptably genre. face this fact this game... hell DEFIANCE it self it one of a kind. let say for argument sake it is now called a ((Series Based Interactive Massive Multi-player Online Shooter Role Playing Game)), now they can do what ever they want becasue there are no rules for that genre.

how you like me now game nazis lol

Dreadhly
01-23-2013, 02:44 PM
Another FPS MMO called Fallen Earth has a very elegant solution to this. By hitting the tab key, you toggle between 3rd person and first person views.

While in 3rd person view, the mouse and keyboard operate like any other MMO, then while in 1st person view, the mouse is locked into changing the facing of your character with a reticule.

Of course Defiance will have console players, so this may not be a do-able thing.

Many console gamers play FPS games ... i believe "Call of Duty" is the most popular one right ?
its not a must have option ( i agree ) however i don't see this as an "not do-able" featuring .
after all thats why we have "options" in every game right ?

alepx
01-23-2013, 02:52 PM

omg fallen earth is sooo worse. but FPS view is a good feature ingame. Neocron an unique real time pvp mmo has it also...you hit alt+tab and switch into another view. Its not thats useless for pvp, tbh it makes more sense and gives adances for aiming. And And a lot people did clanwars only in FPS view, was also cyberpunk/post apo genre.

Jodenco
01-23-2013, 03:04 PM
omg fallen earth is sooo worse. but FPS view is a good feature ingame. Neocron an unique real time pvp mmo has it also...you hit alt+tab and switch into another view. Its not thats useless for pvp, tbh it makes more sense and gives adances for aiming. And And a lot people did clanwars only in FPS view, was also cyberpunk/post apo genre.

Agreed about Fallen Earth. I REALLY wanted to like the game. Certain aspects are cool (how vehicles worked, FPS combat with RPG and character progression), but the lack of polish and the overall look of the game made it hard to stick with.

Many console gamers play FPS games ... i believe "Call of Duty" is the most popular one right ?
its not a must have option ( i agree ) however i don't see this as an "not do-able" featuring .
after all thats why we have "options" in every game right ?

I know that many console gamers play FPS games, how many play MMORPGs? The issue I was looking at was if toggling between a 3rd person and 1st person POV is viable. On a PC we have a keyboard as standard equipment with a bunch of keys to use for toggling, whereas a console player does not.

I play exclusively on a PC so I am not familiar with the console environment.

Myll_Erik
01-23-2013, 03:30 PM
There are pros and cons to both - but largely the Third Person view just fits for the world of Defiance much more than a first person view.

shoudra
01-23-2013, 03:43 PM
I agree I enjoy the third person view and when you do need FPS views it is there (Sniper rifles)! Personally third person view works for me a lot better keeps me in the world of defiance especially when using EGO powers.

spaceghost
01-23-2013, 10:29 PM
i am a big fan of FPS games (specially old ones like : Unreal tournament )I would also like POV; it is helpful sometimes to see, esp when poking your head around a corner.

UT'99 was very fun, but UT2004 is still my top all-time game. Hated UT3.

BTW, it is spelled would. Funny how it sounds like wood.

Monstein
01-23-2013, 11:13 PM
With the game not that far to coming out of the gate I don't see FPS mode anytime soon. Down the pipe maybe. Got to remember they have to also create the video for the guns and arms holding the weapons for all different movements they have in the game.

WarMad2
01-23-2013, 11:43 PM
For all we know, they could be secretly testing it out for... say the PC only servers? Since they're not cross platformed anyways, what could stop them for doing it for the PC's? After reading all the comments, I was thinking about it. I took in mind the console players as well. It would be kinda difficult for them, but then again.. All a console game would have to do is press start or select in a place where they choose to be and just select the option. But, than I was thinking, oh wait.. We will have seperate servers from the console gamers... So perhaps just maybe, they could possibly test it out on the PC server side. Just a thought. :D

Dreadhly
01-24-2013, 10:07 AM
largely the Third Person view just fits for the world of Defiance much more than a first person view.

So you are telling me that we are going to have situations in game were lets say we have to use weapons like snipers in which case we must use the fps perspective while zooming with the scope , but its not ok to have "this switch" with just a push of a button while having a regular weapon ?

UberNinja
01-24-2013, 10:32 AM
I'm a well known sniper in many FPS games but I don't mind 3rd person or FPS view. I play exactly the same. I zoom down the barrel with every shot anyway, all skilled FPS players will say the same.

Denwa23
02-08-2013, 02:29 PM
Firefall has the option to seamlessly switch between FPS and TPS. I used both depending on what I was doing. I hope they add this ability.

That and remove motion blur so I don't have to clean the keyboard.

StarDruid
02-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Yeah a FPS view option would be nice. Already sent in a suggestion about it myself seconds after starting the game up.

If other people might like 3rd person then let them but I personally hate 3rd person views. It break immersion badly (people aren't born with a third eye floating above their shoulder) and frank I've always found it a eye sore visually. Then again I'm a older gamer and been playing since DOS based games, so age and past games have shaped my views.

The only place I've ever considered it good for was MMORPGs like WOW and such were you don't have to aim a weapon and you just mashing button all day long.

Huneycutt
02-08-2013, 02:50 PM
I really like FPS games, and enjoy TPS as well, but if given the choice I always play in first person perspective. I look forward to this game with the understanding its 3rd person.

It looks like to me though that when a developer makes a game that they would try to market to as many players as possible though, and by having the first person as well as the 3rd person perspective they could pick up another percentage of players who will not even consider their unprefered view point.

Just saying........either way cant wait for this game!

Amyga
02-08-2013, 05:47 PM
Having the FPS/TPS option would be great too. I always feel FPS plays better for this type of game by giving you a better perspective, more realistic control. Also, you are not at an angle when you shoot. TPS is good for searching around and melee.