PDA

View Full Version : Newb Questions

Snake MSG
09-15-2013, 08:18 PM
Hi all,

Bought the game for ten bucks for 360 a few days ago and this is my first MMO so I am a little lost of course.

How do I mod an item? I get to the screen and it says I have nothing to mod when I have mods for that specific weapon class?

My screen says I have claimable items at the top left. Fine but what do I have to claim and how do I claim them?

Do arkfalls appear randomly or are they always sitting at the same spots on the map?

Do weapons deteriorate over time with use or stay the same no matter how much you use them. Same question for shields.

Why can you jump off a cliff and fall 1000 feet and incur zero damage to health?

Why are there some cool and more advanced weapons that seem weak against lesser enemies while a basic assault rifle deals more damage?

Thanks for any help with the above. I like the game a lot. It is a little repetitious but it is fun rolling up on a fight and helping out other players.

Peace.

Market
09-15-2013, 08:33 PM
- Modding a weapon takes place in the Salvage Matrix. You have to open up mod slots on the weapon if they aren't already. This could be why you have mods but they're not showing up to add to the gun.

- Claim Items is in the Defiance Store; Start button, Left Trigger, bottom option

- Ark Falls have set locations they appear, but will be fairly random in when they show up.

- Items do not deteriorate over time. Your weapon skill levels rise while you are adding XP to specific types of weapons. Once you've maxed out a gun, you will either have to swap to a new gun of that type OR reset the weapon mastery in the Salvage Matrix to continue gaining skill levels with that type of gun. (still have a hard time explaining this one, myself... lol)

- There is no fall damage, so leap till your heart is content!

- I don't quite know how to answer that last question, I'll leave that to people who've done more studies on the math involved with guns vs specific enemies.

MacDeath
09-15-2013, 09:42 PM
- Modding a weapon takes place in the Salvage Matrix. You have to open up mod slots on the weapon if they aren't already. This could be why you have mods but they're not showing up to add to the gun.

- Claim Items is in the Defiance Store; Start button, Left Trigger, bottom option

- Ark Falls have set locations they appear, but will be fairly random in when they show up.

- Items do not deteriorate over time. Your weapon skill levels rise while you are adding XP to specific types of weapons. Once you've maxed out a gun, you will either have to swap to a new gun of that type OR reset the weapon mastery in the Salvage Matrix to continue gaining skill levels with that type of gun. (still have a hard time explaining this one, myself... lol)

- There is no fall damage, so leap till your heart is content!

- I don't quite know how to answer that last question, I'll leave that to people who've done more studies on the math involved with guns vs specific enemies.

I'll just add that mods are specific to weapon types. For example you may have a shotgun that DOES have a mod slot open for MAG ans you happen to have a MAG mod BUT your MAG mod only works with sniper rifles... It wont fit.

Nighthawk62
09-15-2013, 11:04 PM
How do I mod an item? I get to the screen and it says I have nothing to mod when I have mods for that specific weapon class?

Two things:

#1 Make sure that the mod slot needed for that particular mod is open
#2 Check if the weapon is equipped in any of your loadouts. Sometimes putting a mod on an equipped weapon doesn't work.

crasher
09-16-2013, 02:12 AM
And go read Defiancedata.com.
It'll help with a lot of those details you want to know but don't have time to ask.

There are times you just want an answer 'now', and the forums are seeing less traffic, so it might take a while for a newer player to see all the answers they need here.

Ammo up whenever you can, don't store your weapons half empty.

Good luck and good hunting.
Enjoy the ride.

Vox Animus
09-16-2013, 08:06 AM
Hi all,

Bought the game for ten bucks for 360 a few days ago and this is my first MMO so I am a little lost of course.

My screen says I have claimable items at the top left. Fine but what do I have to claim and how do I claim them?

Do arkfalls appear randomly or are they always sitting at the same spots on the map?

Do weapons deteriorate over time with use or stay the same no matter how much you use them. Same question for shields.

Why can you jump off a cliff and fall 1000 feet and incur zero damage to health?

Why are there some cool and more advanced weapons that seem weak against lesser enemies while a basic assault rifle deals more damage?

Thanks for any help with the above. I like the game a lot. It is a little repetitious but it is fun rolling up on a fight and helping out other players.

Peace.

About the fall damage, My guess it would be too annoying due to all the high places to fall from.

Saying that a reasonable explanation could be because the fact the earth was terraformed earths gravity was weakened, explains how come we can jump the height of above other players heads and no fall damage quite nicely.