PDA

View Full Version : Question about siege reward screen

nateD
09-16-2013, 05:28 AM
I need someone to explain to me, how am I supposed to read the results of the siege.

According to the list on the left, 20k points = 10th tier reward. In the attached screenshot, I fulfill the requirements, but still I get "Tier 4 Volge Cache." So what does it really mean tier 10 on the left and tier 4 on the right side?

Almost every siege I finished with a score much larger than 20k points, but I've never had a better reward than the tier 4th (the result from the right side). So how to read these results?

Do these numbers have anything at all in common? Or maybe "tier 10" is simply the maximum possible reward, which includes a "Volge Cache (tier4)",1k of scrips, 13k exp, and 4 keys?

The question has to do with the fact that (as far as I know) no one has found a VLMG yet, so maybe no one really got tier 10 for the siege?

/edit
Thank you all for your replies. It seems to me that my assumptions were confirmed.

Telemachus
09-16-2013, 05:42 AM
Think each tier of siege level ie. 8th 9th 10th ...err... 11th have better rewards, blues, purple and orange possible drop percentages ?

Above 20k ? I believe will give you 4th tier and final upper level lockbox.

Common and most likely idea about this drop rate of volge lmg's is that it's bugged and will be until they(devs) admit that or someone posts an unaltered screenshot. I guess

J_matt
09-16-2013, 05:47 AM
The final box is 10 and apperently it is suppose to drop oranges theres no volge rifles it got bugged when they found out that the volge viscera dropped an orange during a volge emergancy...

3rdpig
09-16-2013, 09:16 AM
Or maybe "tier 10" is simply the maximum possible reward, which includes a "Volge Cache (tier4)",1k of scrips, 13k exp, and 4 keys?

This.

There are 10 different rewards levels based on score, with 20k+ returning the highest level which is what you got.

Vox Animus
09-16-2013, 09:18 AM
I got a few oranges from having around 20k-30k points

Call Me Gus
09-16-2013, 09:21 AM
T4 volge cache is like a T2 for shtako sake.

Holy Bahamut3
09-16-2013, 09:29 AM
I need someone to explain to me, how am I supposed to read the results of the siege.

According to the list on the left, 20k points = 10th tier reward. In the attached screenshot, I fulfill the requirements, but still I get "Tier 4 Volge Cache." So what does it really mean tier 10 on the left and tier 4 on the right side?

Almost every siege I finished with a score much larger than 20k points, but I've never had a better reward than the tier 4th (the result from the right side). So how to read these results?

Do these numbers have anything at all in common? Or maybe "tier 10" is simply the maximum possible reward, which includes a "Volge Cache (tier4)",1k of scrips, 13k exp, and 4 keys?

The question has to do with the fact that (as far as I know) no one has found a VLMG yet, so maybe no one really got tier 10 for the siege?

I know I'm going to sound like a noob for saying this, but what weapon/ power combo do you use in a siege. I have yet to come across a decent strategy for getting over 15k score.

ALSO I agree It seems the rewards for sieges aren't worth the time and resources spent at them. You don't even have to score high at any ark-fall and you get 5 key-codes. But 4 Keycodes are Max you can get at a siege. I have yet to see any other volge LMG, outside the one you get for the quest.

Pick up your Game Trion...

alienstookmybeer
09-16-2013, 09:33 AM
T4 volge cache is like a T2 for shtako sake.

I disagree. I can't remember the last time I didn't get at least one purple from a T4 volge cache and I'm talking dozens.

Call Me Gus
09-16-2013, 09:44 AM
I disagree. I can't remember the last time I didn't get at least one purple from a T4 volge cache and I'm talking dozens.

I guess you are one of the lucky ones then.

crasher
09-16-2013, 09:54 AM
I've gotten several purple infectors as the majority of my purps. Almost all my purples have been something that I never used to level to 20.

But I get a majority of gr/bl combinations.

The game clearly prefers to favor newbs such as yourself. Wait till the next crew of newbs displaces you and see how you feel.
<Humor Mode: OFF>

alienstookmybeer
09-16-2013, 10:00 AM
Hmmm.... I'll just chalk it up to karma then. :P

Indra Echo
09-16-2013, 10:22 AM
This.

There are 10 different rewards levels based on score, with 20k+ returning the highest level which is what you got.

The highest possible level of rewards, but not guaranteed. Finally after getting all the incredible lag that kept dumping me out or stopping the siege cold, I got 22k +, and got green weapons. The Tier 10 should have a question mark by it.

Maitreakow
09-16-2013, 10:44 AM
I know I'm going to sound like a noob for saying this, but what weapon/ power combo do you use in a siege. I have yet to come across a decent strategy for getting over 15k score.

ALSO I agree It seems the rewards for sieges aren't worth the time and resources spent at them. You don't even have to score high at any ark-fall and you get 5 key-codes. But 4 Keycodes are Max you can get at a siege. I have yet to see any other volge LMG, outside the one you get for the quest.

Pick up your Game Trion...

If I am going for high score at a Siege I usually load with an SMG/AR combo or AR/Pistol combo, depending on location and how many others there are. Only time I have an issue getting over 20k is when I am playing around with RLs or BMGs tryign to get them to level 20. Also, try to focus on whichever Volge is targeted by one of the turrets.

Frozen
09-16-2013, 02:03 PM
Also focus on the little guys and bombers, ignore the viscera. As soon as they drop everyone focuses on them. While you spend a min or 2 picking on a Viscera with 12 others for a 300pt assist, I can pick off a couple bombers or troopers for 2000+.

People don't seem to notice each wave has a progress bar that fills as you kill off the Volge. Always pick on the weaker units first, to fill the majority of the bar quickly. By the time you have nothing but Viscera left you typically only need a couple to finish the wave.

Critical Errors
09-16-2013, 05:33 PM
After 100's of sieges, I've never seen a tier 4 Volge cache (20k points) give less than 1 blue & 1 Purple. Random Orange.
A Tier 3 Volge cache (15k-19k) gives 2 blues.
If you're getting greens, then try to get there sooner so you get your points higher!

JxSiN
09-16-2013, 05:39 PM
After 100's of sieges, I've never seen a tier 4 Volge cache (20k points) give less than 1 blue & 1 Purple. Random Orange.
A Tier 3 Volge cache (15k-19k) gives 2 blues.
If you're getting greens, then try to get there sooner so you get your points higher!

^This. Exactly. The stage doesn't matter either, as long as you get 20k points. Anything above 20k doesn't matter either. I've gotten an orange from stage 8 at 38,000 points and I've gotten an orange at stage 7 and barely above 20k points. It's all by chance as long as you hit 20k in points.

WARDNUKE
10-14-2013, 05:05 PM
I use a FRC SAW with the Run & Gun Synergy (only 3 of 4 slots). I don't put a scope on my SAW's since that inhibits shooting while moving. DMG-334, Fire Rate-8.0, Mag-128, Reload-4.3, Crit Mut-1.9x, Bloom-0.65. It also has the Syphon (purple swirl icon) affect to steal health / shields from enemies. I usually have a heavy shield (Rhino Fotifier IV EX - 1806 damage, 40%, 9.6 sec). I have Bolt Action Sniper or a combat shotgun in the other slot, but rarely use it. My LMG is at level 20 so that helps. If I start at the siege I score at least in the top 5 and between 20-30K. Your EGO Powers and Perks also help. If you want a good combo message me back and I'll lay out what I have in place. Hope that helps.

Holy Bahamut3
10-14-2013, 05:10 PM
I use a FRC SAW with the Run & Gun Synergy (only 3 of 4 slots). I don't put a scope on my SAW's since that inhibits shooting while moving. DMG-334, Fire Rate-8.0, Mag-128, Reload-4.3, Crit Mut-1.9x, Bloom-0.65. It also has the Syphon (purple swirl icon) affect to steal health / shields from enemies. I usually have a heavy shield (Rhino Fotifier IV EX - 1806 damage, 40%, 9.6 sec). I have Bolt Action Sniper or a combat shotgun in the other slot, but rarely use it. My LMG is at level 20 so that helps. If I start at the siege I score at least in the top 5 and between 20-30K. Your EGO Powers and Perks also help. If you want a good combo message me back and I'll lay out what I have in place. Hope that helps.

Get a run&gun stabilization sight for the saw, that way you can max out the synergy w/o changing the base aim.

rebtattoo
10-14-2013, 05:33 PM
I use a double AR loadout. One w/ incendiary and the other with radiation. I rarely score under 20k. Have pulled 2 ojs and several, mostly worthless, purps. Random is as random does.

**edited** If I can get to a siege with at least 9 minutes left, I can hit 20k.