PDA

View Full Version : What am I in for?

Xtorma
09-16-2013, 09:26 AM
Some friends from another game have a clan here and told me to give this game a go. The only 3rd person shooter I have played is mass effect 3 multi-player. I could solo gold on any character, but was never able to solo platinum on anything but my Geth trooper.

That being said, are there any me3mp players here that can tell me how similar in difficulty this game is?

Thank you,

Xtorma.

dominad
09-16-2013, 09:28 AM
Do not bother your friends obviously dislike you or only just started playing.
Many other choices in games ones that actually work.
Still read some of the forum posts on both sides make your own decision have fun gaming. Would say see you round but wont be here.

Xtorma
09-16-2013, 09:32 AM
Do not bother your friends obviously dislike you or only just started playing.
Many other choices in games ones that actually work.
Still read some of the forum posts on both sides make your own decision have fun gaming. Would say see you round but wont be here.

Thank you :D

Would anyone who is happy with the game and played me3mp care to post?

Clarity Page
09-16-2013, 09:40 AM
Can't comment on dificulty compared to ME
But i would say this game can be very fun and entertaining if you can get over the problems
and appreciate its an mmo with mmo problems running on very limited amounts of ram(for the consoles anyway)
its actually quite impressive if you think how intensive mmos are.

So far ive had a blast playing this game, had some lag issues but they cleared up after server maintenance,
and there isn't a whole lot of content or gameplay variation but of what there is, it is fun to play

J_matt
09-16-2013, 09:45 AM
it actually very easy compared to ME3 unless u do major arkfalls on your own then it might be hard...same with sieges but sieges are easy completed.

melkathi
09-16-2013, 09:45 AM
Happy with the game but never tried ME3. I didn't enjoy the previous two enough and unlike some people, when I don't like a game I move along ;)

Defiance is not too hard as games go. That is why some things can be frustrating, such as simple raiders with smgs never missing. For most players it seems that the only true challenge is the final boss fight in the storyline.

At first you will be following the main story quests and they will take you across the map, unlocking waypoints as you go. Up to a point though you could just explore ignoring the story.
Whatever you do, you will be able to take breaks and detours to participate in Arkfalls and Sieges, which are open world multiplayer thingies. In smallish groups these can be quite fun, though if too many people show up they turn into a zergfest of too many effects and too few enemies.
The other thing you will come across are roadside emergencies, a number of random-ish events happening on the map to create a semblence of a living world. This could mean that soldiers are trying to clear out a hellbug nest or raiders are setting up a roadblock.

There are co-op 4 man instances. These can be quite fun but aren't too much of a challenge, so you will be able to beat them even with a random team and no communication. While boss figths are designed to have mechanics to make them different, these are easy enough to understand so that people just do them (on the lines of: shielded enemy? shoot the shield generators)

Player vs Player has some balancing issues and lately has a big problem with queues. You can easily be queued for four hours with no PvP match happening.

The real issue I see is not if it is a good or bad game, but if there is enough to keep you comming back. And I can't guarantee you that the game will keep your interest. After a while sieges and arkfalls may be all there is to it.

At the current low price, you haven't really gotten anything to lose though.

Atticus Batman
09-16-2013, 02:52 PM
It is easier than Me3 mp. If you are in an area by yourself, then think of it as Me3 bronze. 2 to 4 of you would be silver. 5 or more is gold. Except at seiges where 20 or more would make it platinum.

So you see on that scale this is much easier. The only excetion is the finally storyline boss, Nim. He is a solo mission and gold or plat difficulty, if you go on ME3 standards.

Btw I STILL play ME3, and most of the people who got this game at launch were ME3 players. Sadly most of our vets left for new stuff. Though when I load a random game in ME3 I do encounter some back in there.

Atticus Batman
09-16-2013, 02:59 PM
Happy with the game but never tried ME3. I didn't enjoy the previous two enough and unlike some people, when I don't like a game I move along ;)
snip

For Me3 MP, think the Defiance arenas with some basic missions thrown in on waves 3, 6, and 10, and wave 11 is the extraction wave, where you stay alive and wait for your transport for 2 minutes, and to succeed you have to be in the pickup spot by the end of the 2 minute time for wave 11. Best idead there is hold out at a more defendable position and run for the extraction with 30 to 40 seconds left on the timer. You get there in time usually and dont have to fight from that crappy position for long.