PDA

View Full Version : relax and let Trick's people fix it

CRIXDA
09-16-2013, 11:24 AM
In total and brutal honesty, It makes me sad sometimes to read the forums.
After Trick's "State of the Game" address, You might think that everyone would have a clear understanding of the fixes that we are in store for in Defiance without all of the pin-point specifics.
Is that what We all need here?
Do We need Dahanese or Overload or Trick to stop doing their jobs and take everyone by the freaking hand and tell us EXACTLY what will be getting fixed and repaired, line-by-line in the game's code for grief's sake?
I don't get it.
Posts and threads go for 92 entries and Elizabeth comes in and says "that is what We are trying to do" and invariably someone says "what?"
Seriously?
Wake up. It is rediculous.
Trick has them working on it. I want the game to improve, to be better and a lot more lag free and the UI to be easier to navigate and all of the issues to vanish but that isn't happening overnight.
If I don't understand something, I can ask a question in a PM to Dahanese but I am not flailing on the floor and threatening to hold my breath until I get my way.
Read the State of the Game address again.
They are working on fixing the frakking game, before We get ANYTHING ELSE.

This isn't that difficult to comprehend.

Sad_Jane
09-16-2013, 11:44 AM

They have been working on it since Day 1..... what don't you understand? This isn't the first dance of the night. We are at the end of this party and about to be kicked out into the street ;)

They have all the time they need, because nothing we say will change anything they are doing.

Etaew
09-16-2013, 11:47 AM
Whilst I am glad they are trying to fix the game first, I can't really accept it. You don't buy a product expecting one thing, and to be greeted with a substandard one which promises to be better in a few months.

A gamers life goes by very fast, the players simply can't wait months, they bought a game and want to play it immediately. You only have one game launch (except FFXIV) and if you put a sour taste in peoples mouths they won't come back for more, regardless of how much you are told in months it will be better.

N3gativeCr33p
09-16-2013, 12:30 PM
Whilst I am glad they are trying to fix the game first, I can't really accept it. You don't buy a product expecting one thing, and to be greeted with a substandard one which promises to be better in a few months.

A gamers life goes by very fast, the players simply can't wait months, they bought a game and want to play it immediately. You only have one game launch (except FFXIV) and if you put a sour taste in peoples mouths they won't come back for more, regardless of how much you are told in months it will be better.

Well said, kind sir (or madam)!!

CRIXDA
09-16-2013, 01:52 PM
Silly question, Jane.
This isn't my raising a question regarding my failure to understand.
I am also fully aware that Trion has had all of this time to address the bugs and problems that plague Defiance.
I have been playing the game and enduring it since launch, I am not some $10.00 purchasee climbing aboard the train to grumble about all of the things wrong with the game.

I also agree with Etaew, We don't buy and expect a substandard product and not want it to be taken care of as fast as possible, however the case may be. Video games need to work NOW or they get shelved superfast and people forget them even faster.
Trion is actually incredibly lucky that the fervent people who are hanging on and waiting are still continuing to do so, It is time to put up AND shut up.
I am not trying to start a fight or argument, I want everyone to give it time - but I also agree that it seems as though TIME is the precious commodity that is nearly run out.

Atticus Batman
09-16-2013, 01:57 PM
What people don't get is that TIME is neverending. There is ALWAYS time. It's our patience and will to persevere that run out!

Mr666
09-16-2013, 02:44 PM
I agree people want it now but I have played a many of games of this type and in the start there feels like there is nothing but in a year's time you will remember a list of things that got fixed and thing you can and can't do anymore. All in due time and some people are never pleased

crasher
09-16-2013, 03:49 PM
I agree people want it now but I have played a many of games of this type and in the start there feels like there is nothing but in a year's time you will remember a list of things that got fixed and thing you can and can't do anymore. All in due time and some people are never pleased
STALKER was a horrorshow for years to play.
But STALKER wasn't a PVP/MMO game, so they let the public devise fixes that worked.

I can see why Trion wont let that happen, but playing STALKER for 6 years, and trying to imagine playing this game for 6 more months while waiting for the Gatekeepers at Trion to show some skill at fixing more than they break with consistancy is something I'm waiting to see.

1.) Inviz gunners. Just got killed by an inviz raider in the box canyon between Angels Fall and Ridgecrest. It was the raider in back on the left who was missing this time. There are inviz gunners all over the place, if you 'look' for them. All you can do is port out and try again. This was 'Fixed'. But not fixed.

2.) Mouse curser bug. I have to restart the game every 30 minutes or so if I want stuff to work in the background. I'm a Radeon user, friends with nVidea have the same issue. This is new.

3.) Sword rebate. Less said about that the better.

4.) Chat window. Less said about this the better, too. 'New'.

5.) Somebody keeps forgetting to order enough Volge for stage 6 at a siege.

6.) The black area outside the scope view was supposed to be an opaque area to see badguys on an otherwise blind sniper. I shoot with both eyes open in real life. Actual people who shoot in real life shoot with both eyes open. The devs need to know this, and why ppl shoot with both eyes open.

7.) Popular scope pulled from the line-up. Why? Were the servers too low on space to stock those electrons?

8.) Replenish at an ammo cache, and you frequently don't get ammo for all your weapons. This was 'Fixed'. But not fixed.

9.) Weapons were fixed to have a full mag and a full load-out of ammo. Now they frequently don't anymore. This was 'Fixed'. But not fixed.

10.) Inviz mod synergys on a weapon, making it impossible to reuse the mods you destroyed a weapon to retrieve, with synergy in mind. 'New'.

11.) Bulwarks at a Darkfall. Now you see 'em, Now you don't. Until they reappear and kill you while you're trying to figure out where they will reappear. Darkmatter monitors and snipers are doing it now, too.

12.) Joining a friends phase. Really? I mean, really? <snicker> This was 'Fixed'. But not fixed.

13.) Lag. This was 'Fixed'. But not fixed.

14.) Nerfs. They make crap weapons classes, and then take away the weapons we like because we don't use the crap. There's a marketing strategy that more company's need to copy.

15.) Mastery rolls on weapons that were in the overflow cart don't exist. I cant see it, I cant use it, it aint there.

16. HOW many people need to call to get the Volge siege pursuit addressed? And we all have to do it individually?

17.) Cerberus pursuit. See Above.

18.) Charlie. Because he HAD to go.

19.) I can't wait for the hollering from the spikes they're going to introduce in the new A-falls, because instantly healing and reloading your ammo adds realism.

20.) General Steve, who is the main reason why we should all go out and buy outfits in the store.

21.) The Inventory Window overhaul. Dear GOD don't let the guy who fixed the chat window work on it.

I'm bored, I'm sure the 2 people who read this are too, by now.

hey u
09-16-2013, 04:04 PM
What people don't get is that TIME is neverending. There is ALWAYS time. It's our patience and will to persevere that run out!

"TIME is neverending. There is ALWAYS time. It's our patience and will to persevere that run out! "

There is also my money and how much I have and can spend and that is running out or somewhat lower with each month that goes by as well

Bonehead
09-16-2013, 04:08 PM
and the audio glitch for the mass cannon and ground pounder is back by popular demand !
Plus my personal fave The 1.05 mag buff that gives you a whopping one round bonus per 20!
WOOT!!

TPS1956
09-16-2013, 04:27 PM
STALKER was a horrorshow for years to play.
But STALKER wasn't a PVP/MMO game, so they let the public devise fixes that worked.

I can see why Trion wont let that happen, but playing STALKER for 6 years, and trying to imagine playing this game for 6 more months while waiting for the Gatekeepers at Trion to show some skill at fixing more than they break with consistancy is something I'm waiting to see.

1.) Inviz gunners. Just got killed by an inviz raider in the box canyon between Angels Fall and Ridgecrest. It was the raider in back on the left who was missing this time. There are inviz gunners all over the place, if you 'look' for them. All you can do is port out and try again. This was 'Fixed'. But not fixed.

2.) Mouse curser bug. I have to restart the game every 30 minutes or so if I want stuff to work in the background. I'm a Radeon user, friends with nVidea have the same issue. This is new.

3.) Sword rebate. Less said about that the better.

4.) Chat window. Less said about this the better, too. 'New'.

5.) Somebody keeps forgetting to order enough Volge for stage 6 at a siege.

6.) The black area outside the scope view was supposed to be an opaque area to see badguys on an otherwise blind sniper. I shoot with both eyes open in real life. Actual people who shoot in real life shoot with both eyes open. The devs need to know this, and why ppl shoot with both eyes open.

7.) Popular scope pulled from the line-up. Why? Were the servers too low on space to stock those electrons?

8.) Replenish at an ammo cache, and you frequently don't get ammo for all your weapons. This was 'Fixed'. But not fixed.

9.) Weapons were fixed to have a full mag and a full load-out of ammo. Now they frequently don't anymore. This was 'Fixed'. But not fixed.

10.) Inviz mod synergys on a weapon, making it impossible to reuse the mods you destroyed a weapon to retrieve, with synergy in mind. 'New'.

11.) Bulwarks at a Darkfall. Now you see 'em, Now you don't. Until they reappear and kill you while you're trying to figure out where they will reappear. Darkmatter monitors and snipers are doing it now, too.

12.) Joining a friends phase. Really? I mean, really? <snicker> This was 'Fixed'. But not fixed.

13.) Lag. This was 'Fixed'. But not fixed.

14.) Nerfs. They make crap weapons classes, and then take away the weapons we like because we don't use the crap. There's a marketing strategy that more company's need to copy.

15.) Mastery rolls on weapons that were in the overflow cart don't exist. I cant see it, I cant use it, it aint there.

16. HOW many people need to call to get the Volge siege pursuit addressed? And we all have to do it individually?

17.) Cerberus pursuit. See Above.

18.) Charlie. Because he HAD to go.

19.) I can't wait for the hollering from the spikes they're going to introduce in the new A-falls, because instantly healing and reloading your ammo adds realism.

20.) General Steve, who is the main reason why we should all go out and buy outfits in the store.

21.) The Inventory Window overhaul. Dear GOD don't let the guy who fixed the chat window work on it.

I'm bored, I'm sure the 2 people who read this are too, by now.

Number 7 is still my biggest gripe ATM never did get ANY answer why they pulled that overlay and replaced it with the blue POS overlay. But I have had most all the in game BS you speak of as well so here here and well said!

CRIXDA
09-16-2013, 04:54 PM
Oh goodie!
Lookit!
Some good forum communication!
I am glad, and I started this thread complaining about complaining!

JxSiN
09-16-2013, 05:09 PM
Oh goodie!
Lookit!
Some good forum communication!
I am glad, and I started this thread complaining about complaining!

Unfortunately, it is the same communication that the players have been giving since day 1 that is constantly ignored or temporarily halted by "we are working on it" comments. There is nothing new here, nothing that hasn't been said countless times before.

That list crasher posted pretty much sums up everything. All that Trion knows about. And there answer: "hey, let's change grenades!"

Reichlyn
09-16-2013, 05:45 PM
After Trick's "State of the Game" address, You might think that everyone would have a clear understanding of the fixes that we are in store for in Defiance without all of the pin-point specifics.
Do We need Dahanese or Overload or Trick to stop doing their jobs and take everyone by the freaking hand and tell us EXACTLY what will be getting fixed and repaired, line-by-line in the game's code for grief's sake?
I don't get it.
Posts and threads go for 92 entries and Elizabeth comes in and says "that is what We are trying to do" and invariably someone says "what?"
Seriously?
Trick has them working on it. I want the game to improve, to be better and a lot more lag free and the UI to be easier to navigate and all of the issues to vanish but that isn't happening overnight.
If I don't understand something, I can ask a question in a PM to Dahanese but I am not flailing on the floor and threatening to hold my breath until I get my way.

The damage has been done, and Trion has screwed around for way too long to salvage this game. Most people have quit, and alot of the ones playing are new people who will eventually see how lame this game has become. I held onto hope for 5 months, only to get a joke of a dlc. I dont think this game is able to be save at this point. The ball has been dropped for way too long.

Atticus Batman
09-16-2013, 06:01 PM
"TIME is neverending. There is ALWAYS time. It's our patience and will to persevere that run out! "

There is also my money and how much I have and can spend and that is running out or somewhat lower with each month that goes by as well

Quit spending money on the game. I spent with my initial purchase and the sp and haven't spent since. And the sp was basicly free because I used all the free points I got from doing surveys and stuff for Xbox 360.

TRMC606
09-16-2013, 06:08 PM
Cuz, as you can see in this thread, most quit the game, say they quit but still play it or rather spend their time posting on a game they 'don't like' :rolleyes:

MacDeath
09-16-2013, 09:42 PM
Nope. Time is finite. I have at MOST 12 hours per day that I COULD play on-line games. But there are other things I like to do with my time too. So It nets down to ~4 hours per day on average. Now, I have several MMOs installed that I can play when I feel the urge to game.

At the moment, Defiance is #4 on my most active game list, so most days I don't play it at all. When I'm not actively playing, I'm not spending money on the game. Everyone will have different reasons on where they invest their time. Let me give some insight here on why Defiance is so far down my active play list...

1) I'm a social guy and I like to play with real life friends and my family. From that list, I'm the only one who still plays Defiance, so I hang out with my friends in another game.

2) I like to experience new things and explore new sights. Defiance has a very small world and is slow to add new stuff. When they do add new stuff I will be active for a few days. I play on the Test server when it's available to help break the new stuff.

3) I enjoy participating on MMO forums ALMOST as much as I enjoy playing MMO games. IMO, Defiance's forums are mostly toxic so I spend more times on other game forums.

If Trion takes action which addresses those three areas, I'll spend more time in the Defiance world. I like the Defiance TV series a lot but it's offline most of the year. Defiance is the only shooter I play, so the TV link and the shooter aspect keep me from uninstalling but they aren't enough to get me to be a more active player.

Etaew
09-16-2013, 11:20 PM
Also a valid point, no matter how much we can stick it out, the rest of the people we have been playing with can't. My family and friends used to enjoy playing with me for a few weeks, now whenever I suggest playing it is an instant no. That affects my motivation to play.

Sad_Jane
09-17-2013, 06:44 AM
Also a valid point, no matter how much we can stick it out, the rest of the people we have been playing with can't. My family and friends used to enjoy playing with me for a few weeks, now whenever I suggest playing it is an instant no. That affects my motivation to play.

Exactly, I want to play, I really do..... but the motivation to do so has moved on. There is only a handful of my Clan even playing any more.

I have seen people who were "NEVER going to quit Defi" walk away, hands thrown in the air - and one of them was the most patient person I have even met....

I honestly don't even know why I come here any more other then maybe one day something positive will happen to the game and it will give me the opportunity to bring my clan back to it.

@CRIXDA I hope you don't loose that optimism, you won't get any guff from me about being Trion's "White Knight" (Or any of the rest of you either) I wish I could see some positive to hold onto, but it's just not there for me.

SSlarg
09-17-2013, 06:47 AM
Cuz, as you can see in this thread, most quit the game, say they quit but still play it or rather spend their time posting on a game they 'don't like' :rolleyes:

soooo True!

Thearl
09-17-2013, 07:01 AM
Number 7 is still my biggest gripe ATM never did get ANY answer why they pulled that overlay and replaced it with the blue POS overlay. But I have had most all the in game BS you speak of as well so here here and well said!

look on the bright side. 7 will only be your biggest gripe until the grenade-gate patch.

DreadRaver
09-17-2013, 09:16 AM
we deserve to know why this game is still broken....
I agree with the OP, this forum is full of hyperbole about the state of the game, as the quote above exemplifies.

There is most certainly room for criticism, but right now there are a handful of disgruntled veteran players here who have encouraged the current atmosphere of sarcasm and ridicule that has gone beyond non-constructive, but become wholly destructive to the game.

I love Defiance, and wish it to become better. I've seen many improvements made, so I believe they will get there.

rebtattoo
09-17-2013, 10:15 AM
I'll acknowledge first, that this is my first MMO. I have been playing since the days of asteroids on the Atari. I am not, however, considered a gamer. I don't buy a game on its drop date and play for 8-10 hours a day. I play 3-4 hours a session, and turn it off.

I've been playing Defi since mid July, and with the exception of a few, have played every day since I got it. Even with the time-outs, lags, weapon issues, invisibility issues, communication issues, etc., I still really enjoy the game. Hell, last night I spent 1/2 hour doing donuts on a runner, just for the pursuit points!

Donuts for 1/2 an hour. It proves my point. It's a game. Meant to be fun and a way to kill a few hours. If you don't enjoy it, by all means, put it away. When I get bored, I check my dailys, and if they are done, I hang it up for the night.

I do hope Trion stands behind this and improves it, because I do want to see more ppl playing, and the old vets to come back. , too, am in a clan that has see its top members moving to "greener pastures."

The ironic hilariousness Is the ppl that bytch and moan on EVERY thread about the same dam things. Please continue. I love to laugh!

Tickets have been submitted, and still chasing Arkfalls! Peace to you.

CRIXDA
09-17-2013, 03:26 PM
See?
Redtaboo just prove the point of the entire deal here because it is about enjoying the experience of the game.
The GAME. It is a game that I love to play but It is still a game nonetheless and I am going to hang on and keep playing It. I have good friends that are still playing It hardcore with me when time allows us to.
A half-hour of donuts sounds more like a cop's fantasy than fun in Defiance, though. (Joking, Officer *meow* don't get all *meow* on me)
I want the game to get fixed so that we enjoy It more and enjoy It the way that It was intended to really be : immersive, fun, a drop in and out run and gun shoot 'em up with lots to do and see.
I also agree with DreadRaver, too.
There is a time and place for doubt and cynicism. When it turns into a constant toxic bile that ruins everything and doesn't allow growth, then it is just bad and needs to stop.

Overtkill21
09-17-2013, 03:47 PM
I agree with the OP, this forum is full of hyperbole about the state of the game, as the quote above exemplifies.

There is most certainly room for criticism, but right now there are a handful of disgruntled veteran players here who have encouraged the current atmosphere of sarcasm and ridicule that has gone beyond non-constructive, but become wholly destructive to the game.

I love Defiance, and wish it to become better. I've seen many improvements made, so I believe they will get there.

So you place blame for the current implosion of this game on veteran players encouraging an atmosphere of ridicule?

You should have been here when we veteran players would run off folks who'd say one bad thing about the game...the atmosphere that developed can be blamed on one thing - Trion - if you think otherwise, you just haven't been here long enough.

crasher
09-17-2013, 04:05 PM
See?
Redtaboo just prove the point of the entire deal here because it is about enjoying the experience of the game.
The GAME. It is a game that I love to play but It is still a game nonetheless and I am going to hang on and keep playing It. I have good friends that are still playing It hardcore with me when time allows us to.
A half-hour of donuts sounds more like a cop's fantasy than fun in Defiance, though. (Joking, Officer *meow* don't get all *meow* on me)
I want the game to get fixed so that we enjoy It more and enjoy It the way that It was intended to really be : immersive, fun, a drop in and out run and gun shoot 'em up with lots to do and see.
I also agree with DreadRaver, too.
There is a time and place for doubt and cynicism. When it turns into a constant toxic bile that ruins everything and doesn't allow growth, then it is just bad and needs to stop.
Almost all of my good friends have gotten fed up with the promises that don't deliver since launch, and the stuff that gets introduced in an update and broken after each new 'update'.

We waited til now for the game to get fixed, played a broken game with workarounds until there was nothing to do anymore, and many moved on.

When 'Soon' becomes: 'Maybe they'll get tired of pointing out the broken stuff before we have to deliver'.....

Or: 'All the people in the first two groups got tired of waiting for fixes and left, and now the forth group is calling the third group impatient whiners'.....

Wait til you see your friends leave, and your new friends leave too.

And the next group tells you how great the game is, then when you mention you're waiting for the same fixes we've been waiting for they tell you you're too impatient and pessimistic.

I still play, alone now.
I still think the game is fun.
But the only thing left for me to do anymore is level weapons up looking for the best version with the best syn/bonus rolls. And since they crippled my ability to mod weapons, and mods having invisible syns I can't even do that anymore.

With all my complaining, I'll bet you an orange AR that I'm still here playing after you and your 'cant we all just keep smiling?' get tired of waiting and move on.

With that said: I hope you have MANY happy hours playing the game, and I hope you have as much fun exploring as I have had. It's a great game, and it pains us to see it getting crippled thru poor decisions and bugs.

CRIXDA
09-17-2013, 05:18 PM
Bummer, crasher!
Since You are playing on PC I won't be able to collect my orange weapon.
I am going NOWHERE.
My friends are going NOWHERE.
Like You, Sir/Ma'am - I enjoy playing Defiance and the greatest part of time I am playing alone.
The bottom line is : I am play Defiance until Trion shuts off the servers and then the game can go to the bottom shelf next to Lord of the Rings : Battle for Middle Earth II.

I wish that You were on xbox NA so we could run and gun together, crasher.
We could be the ones turning off the xmas lights around the Crater's sign when they shut it down for good.

Wraieth
09-17-2013, 05:36 PM
I agree with the OP, this forum is full of hyperbole about the state of the game, as the quote above exemplifie

Please do share? As I have been here since before launch and I keep seeing people say they have seen so many improvements...

I would realy like to know what they are?

Because it wasn't improvements to server they still busted and laggy

Wasn't improvements to guns they still are not balanced and have been nerfed into obscurity.

It was story line because even tho there is supposed to episodic content between the seasons there have been none.

Chat?? hahahaha oh yea nevermind.

So where are all these improvements exactly? I mean they did say they was coming back around launch even claimed a time or two that they implemented them.

Only problem is they didn't and ended up breaking more than they claimed to fix.

Sorry of the post seems sarcastic im not realy meaning to be. Its just I see folks say oh they have made improvements. Only for the life of me I cant seem to find them.

Sad_Jane
09-18-2013, 07:42 AM
So you place blame for the current implosion of this game on veteran players encouraging an atmosphere of ridicule?

You should have been here when we veteran players would run off folks who'd say one bad thing about the game...the atmosphere that developed can be blamed on one thing - Trion - if you think otherwise, you just haven't been here long enough.

Ex'friggin'Zactally!

IF Trion had not f'ed this game up every single step of the way , do you think that people would be in here complaining? Do you think the forum would be this dead.... do you think players would be leaving at the rate they are? Hell no. Maybe some of you haven't been here since day one or maybe you have forgotten things that have happened...... Ok people would still be in here complaining probably, but it wouldn't be this damn loud for the few voices that are left.

Keep taking those happy pills boys, because the reality of it is that this game is done.

Thearl
09-18-2013, 07:59 AM
........ because the reality of it is that this game is done.

Only time will tell if Defiance becomes another Earth and Beyond or Rome Rising. It could also go the other way like APB Reloaded or FFXIV reborn. It all depends on investment - time invested by devs and money invested in relaunching.

vizibledog
09-18-2013, 10:25 AM
There's only so many times you can read "soon, we're working on it" before you realise "soon" never seems to arrive.

I also find it funny that they never seem to mess the game up when they're putting something new in the store.

Sad_Jane
09-18-2013, 11:23 AM
There's only so many times you can read "soon, we're working on it" before you realise "soon" never seems to arrive.

I also find it funny that they never seem to mess the game up when they're putting something new in the store.

Can you mess up a recolor?

CRIXDA
09-18-2013, 11:31 AM
Oh, Wows!
Here, take a stick everyone!
Let Sad_Jane wheel out the dead horse so we can beat it some more.
OPTIMISM IS NO LONGER ALLOWED!
Regardless of the fact that Scott is the new H.N.I.C. at Trion and "dem good folks is tryin' ta put things ta rights, Lordy Lord"
NO SECOND CHANCES, NO WAY.
After all, (no offense, Jane. You do raise good points.) We keep covering the same ground OVER and OVER again and We aren't going to allow anything to change because We are HAPPY with our piece of crap game because then We wouldn't have anything to complain about anymore.
When the going gets tough, QUIT. No, better yet - COMPLAIN OVER AND OVER AND OVER and don't give anyone a chance to even try improving anything, even if it is an entirely DIFFERENT management team.
Makes good sense to me.
Let's get some marshmellows and burns some effigies!
That will fix Defiance!

vizibledog
09-18-2013, 11:45 AM
Can you mess up a recolor?

Why not? They've messed up just about everything else ;)

Valdrane78
09-18-2013, 12:52 PM
Oh, Wows!
Regardless of the fact that Scott is the new H.N.I.C. at Trion and "dem good folks is tryin' ta put things ta rights, Lordy Lord"
After all, (no offense, Jane. You do raise good points.) We keep covering the same ground OVER and OVER again and We aren't going to allow anything to change because We are HAPPY with our piece of crap game because then We wouldn't have anything to complain about anymore.
When the going gets tough, QUIT. No, better yet - COMPLAIN OVER AND OVER AND OVER and don't give anyone a chance to even try improving anything, even if it is an entirely DIFFERENT management team.
Makes good sense to me.
That will fix Defiance!

Sarcasm doesn't suit you, you're supposed to be the optimist...remember.

Anyways, at the core of the problem is this. Things that were broken and buggy and a little lacking at the time of launch are still broken and buggy and a little lacking now, 6 months after release.

Trion had some episodic story content., but they took it out. Who the hell takes out story content in a story driven MMO. After you finish the basically single player story, there is NOTHING in the way of story.

Lack of server improvements, people still lag out and and get bogged down in arkfalls. And all th eother things in that long list that was posted a few pages back.

So here is what we have, broken aspects of the game that haven't been fixed in 6 months, and a seemingly never ending trail of new bugs that pop up. I expect a game to be somewhat buggy at launch, that is the nature of the beast. But what is NOT expected is to have those same bugs 6 months down the road.

Trion need to get their **** together or they are going to loose this game. Sorry but they need lots of people to buy lots of stuff to keep their servers online and running. And so far, they have a horrible track record in Defiance.

Valdrane78
09-18-2013, 12:52 PM
Oh, Wows!
Makes good sense to me.
That will fix Defiance!

Sarcasm doesn't suit you, you're supposed to be the optimist...remember.

Anyways, at the core of the problem is this. Things that were broken and buggy and a little lacking at the time of launch are still broken and buggy and a little lacking now, 6 months after release.

Trion had some episodic story content., but they took it out. Who the hell takes out story content in a story driven MMO. After you finish the basically single player story, there is NOTHING in the way of story.

Lack of server improvements, people still lag out and and get bogged down in arkfalls. And all the other things in that long list that was posted a few pages back.

So here is what we have, broken aspects of the game that haven't been fixed in 6 months, and a seemingly never ending trail of new bugs that pop up. I expect a game to be somewhat buggy at launch, that is the nature of the beast. But what is NOT expected is to have those same bugs 6 months down the road.

Trion needs to get their **** together or they are going to loose this game. Sorry but they need lots of people to buy lots of stuff to keep their servers online and running. And so far, they have a horrible track record in Defiance.

FDG SKULLS
09-18-2013, 12:56 PM
I don't get it.
Seriously?

Maybe you should go back to some of there original threads like almost a month after the games release date TRION was talking about fixing a lot of these problems that they ARE STILL TO THIS DAY TALKING ABOUT FIXING. I mean yes now they have started to ( WITH NEW MANAGEMENT HAHAH SAME TEAM JUST SOMEONE GOT PROMOTED ) but what more than 5 months later thats no excuse it should have been done already. I mean yes i can certainly understand i would like a lot of these issues fixed so my gaming experience will be a lot better. Then again i think its complete and utter BS that i bought the season pass and all there doing with each DLC RELEASE DATE IS ADDING basically 1 new thing SCREW ark falls you did that last DLC add something new like MORE STORY LINE MISSIONS and dont slap a label on it and say NEW STORYLINE MISSIONS then when we play its its 1 F N MISSION that BS. YOU HAD MONTHS AND MONTHS TO FIX THESE ISSUES, and now your just spitting out the same repetitive BS to try and make it seem like your still in control LETS GET REAL.

NOW WHILE I LIKE the idea of calling down your own ark falls i didnt go out and spend my money on your game and the DAMN season pass so you can ONLY COME OUT WITH BASICALLY THE SAME THING EVERY DLC. I mean lets take this for instance DLC 1 you didnt work on it was something that was gonna come out with the original RELEASE OF THE GAME, but because at the time you could not get it to work 100% you said HEY GUYS LETS WAIT AND CALL IT DLC 1 ( you'll get a SWORD hmmm ok cool, new missions hahahahahaha 1 MISSION, and new ark falls with a few other random BS ) Yeah DLC 1 was a SHAME and for anyone reading this and about to post blah blah blah blah but trion is an amazing PULL THE D OUT YOUR BUTT AND STOP KISSN THERE ***. THANK YOU ITS been a pleasure typing this.

CRIXDA
09-18-2013, 12:58 PM
Correct, You are correct.
Sorry Jane.
That is not helpful at all and It doesn't do anything at all except make me look extra dikkish.
I humbly apologize and retract all of it.
Sometimes I am overly vociferous and I am sorry.

CRIXDA
09-18-2013, 01:10 PM
Oh, Okay. So now I am a "Trion Butt-Boy" because I am an optimist.
Yeah.......Right.
Reel the line back in, dude. Not biting on it, Skulls.
With all due respect - (because You have been posting longer than I have) I have been dealing with all of the same mess since launch day, too. I am not letting Trion slide with some cheap bells and whistles and cool shiny stuff. I want content in the next DLC. Story Lines, REAL STUFF. Not four stupid data recorders to chase down, that is insulting.
And I don't care about the blades or any of the charged weapons.

I want this game FIXED and FULLY PLAYABLE before the next DLC drops.
That is what is supposed to happen and THAT is what I am after.
Optimism or Realism?

FDG SKULLS
09-18-2013, 01:14 PM
Oh, Okay. So now I am a "Trion Butt-Boy" because I am an optimist.
Yeah.......Right.
Reel the line back in, dude. Not biting on it, Skulls.
With all due respect - (because You have been posting longer than I have) I have been dealing with all of the same mess since launch day, too. I am not letting Trion slide with some cheap bells and whistles and cool shiny stuff. I want content in the next DLC. Story Lines, REAL STUFF. Not four stupid data recorders to chase down, that is insulting.
And I don't care about the blades or any of the charged weapons.

I want this game FIXED and FULLY PLAYABLE before the next DLC drops.
That is what is supposed to happen and THAT is what I am after.
Optimism or Realism?
maybe you didnt read it, it SAID AT THE BOTTOM if your reading this and your about to say blah blah blah trions an amazing company then pull the D out your butt. THAT WASNT APPLYING TO YOU IT WAS APPLYING TO ANYONE ABOUT TO DEFEND THEM so if your defending them then yeah STOP KISSN THERE ***.

FDG SKULLS
09-18-2013, 01:18 PM
WHY THEY PUT TRION IN CHARGE OF MAKING DEFIANCE I HAVE NO F N CLUE. Should have let bungie make it at least they would have it working and almost 99% lag free game by now.

Shadow Andreas
09-18-2013, 01:23 PM
maybe you didnt read it, it SAID AT THE BOTTOM if your reading this and your about to say blah blah blah trions an amazing company then pull the D out your butt. THAT WASNT APPLYING TO YOU IT WAS APPLYING TO ANYONE ABOUT TO DEFEND THEM so if your defending them then yeah STOP KISSN THERE ***.

Being optimistic and hopeful that the new team will get it together before DLC 2 is not being a "fan boy" (to put it nicely) it is simply wanting the new team to follow through with what they have now said is their priority. I feel that Trick will do everything he is able to do to get things where they should already be. Trion knows we are unhappy....just look at the threads that get posted every minute.....but they also can not just snap their fingers and make it better.

I am hopeful that things will improve and all I can do is be hopeful....I enjoy playing and will continue to play Defiance until I no longer want to. That is my choice and only my choice....I just hate how every day it's the same complaining on these forums...at least CRIXDA is trying to be positive instead of joining in the complaining. I've had many conversations with CRIXDA and we both aren't happy....but we are hopeful for the future and want to see Trix's vision come to life.

N3gativeCr33p
09-18-2013, 01:24 PM
I am hopeful that things will improve and all I can do is be hopeful....I enjoy playing and will continue to play Defiance until I no longer want to. That is my choice and only my choice....I just hate how every day it's the same complaining on these forums...at least CRIXDA is trying to be positive instead of joining in the complaining. I've had many conversations with CRIXDA and we both aren't happy....but we are hopeful for the future and want to see Trix's vision come to life.

I completely agree, but their window of opportunity is closing... quickly.

Atticus Batman
09-18-2013, 01:27 PM
Being optimistic and hopeful that the new team will get it together before DLC 2 is not being a "fan boy" (to put it nicely) it is simply wanting the new team to follow through with what they have now said is their priority. I feel that Trick will do everything he is able to do to get things where they should already be. Trion knows we are unhappy....just look at the threads that get posted every minute.....but they also can not just snap their fingers and make it better.

I agree Shadow. I am glad to see that Crixda still manages to hold on to most of his optamism. His good posts are nice to see among all the whinny, (insert bogus company) is better stuff.

FDG SKULLS
09-18-2013, 01:32 PM
I completely agree, but their window of opportunity is closing... quickly.

Now im not talking about everyone but there are a few people that are like that. OH TRION THIS OH TRION THAT now i would say yes i am hopeful that they get there act together because there losing more and more people everyday. BUT its BS that WITH THERE STUPID DLC WHICH IS WHAT IM TICKED ABOUT MOSTLY i mean come on man. 1 thing every DLC that BS and its the same thing basically as the first DLC a ark fall its just now you can call them down i like pretty much everything else about the game but now its just repetitive and boring to say the least ive completed most of my pursuits and have beaten the story line mission more times than i like to admit its time for something new now some more ARK FALLS. GIVE THE GAMERS SOMETHING THAT WILL KEEP THEM PLAYING FOR ANOTHER COUPLE OF MONTHS.

FDG SKULLS
09-18-2013, 01:35 PM
I agree Shadow. I am glad to see that Crixda still manages to hold on to most of his optamism. His good posts are nice to see among all the whinny, (insert bogus company) is better stuff.

and here is one of the people that are up trions butt.and i know your not saying that to me there is no whining here its all just facts THEY SUCK RIGHT NOW! SORRY MAN BUT if you still have hope for this game. I FEEL BAD FOR YOU! because i have lost all hope for now.

Shadow Andreas
09-18-2013, 01:42 PM
and here is one of the people that are up trions butt.and i know your not saying that to me there is no whining here its all just facts THEY SUCK RIGHT NOW! SORRY MAN BUT if you still have hope for this game. I FEEL BAD FOR YOU! because i have lost all hope for now.

Well I do have hope....that is my choice....it's not wrong or right....it just my right as a person. I personally don't care what anyone thinks about me and the fact that I still enjoy playing (maybe I don't play for 5-6 hours a day anymore....but hanging out with friends and playing does make it easier) and like I said I will continue to play until I don't want to any more.

What I find funny is that you just stated "because I have lost all hope for now" which implies you still have hope.....otherwise you would not be here on the forums "hoping" that things are getting better.

Cicuta Lupus
09-18-2013, 01:47 PM

I can't help but to say that I completely agree with this. I used to lurk the forums regularly, but I've sort of drifted away more and more because everyday all I see is the same complaining and whining. That's not to say I haven't added my two cents here and there, but I know within the last week alone, there's been several threads made about how horrible the T4 lock boxes are. I could probably link them all, but honestly, it doesn't take much to look for them. Why others just don't post in those threads instead of making a new one is beyond me.

Also, Skulls, while I agree that everyone has a right to their opinion, I also agree that there are more respectable ways of getting ones opinion across then the way you're doing it now. There's no reason for the screaming, and the name calling. Labeling people who are optimistic about the hopeful turn around that the new Dev team might pull off as butt-boys... and telling them to get that D out of their ***, is... well it's wrong. Any indication that a person is gay because they're optimistic is a derogatory comment, and it'd be better if we kept them out.

Atticus Batman
09-18-2013, 01:47 PM

If you have no hope for the game or staff, then why not just move on? I could care less what you think of me, or Trion. I don't care much for most of their staff either, but I love the game so I am here to keep up to date on it.

FDG SKULLS
09-18-2013, 01:50 PM
Well I do have hope....that is my choice....it's not wrong or right....it just my right as a person. I personally don't care what anyone thinks about me and the fact that I still enjoy playing (maybe I don't play for 5-6 hours a day anymore....but hanging out with friends and playing does make it easier) and like I said I will continue to play until I don't want to any more.

What I find funny is that you just stated "because I have lost all hope for now" which implies you still have hope.....otherwise you would not be here on the forums "hoping" that things are getting better.

No im on the forums because i bump friends stores for them when they ask me to and yeah i have lost hope and i say for now because hopefully someone else will buy the rights to this game and show them how to really run it theres my hope right there . but yeah i have lost hope in there company im surprised there still up and running this game and havent sold there rights yet. and since when have you played this game couldnt have been from the release date because then you would be ego 5000 and nothing to do what so ever except chill with budd on there and since there are numerous games to hand with your friends on i guarantee you can always play with them on them not to mention you talk about hanging with friends but THERE IS SUCH A THING AS XBOX PARTY.

Shadow Andreas
09-18-2013, 01:57 PM
No im on the forums because i bump friends stores for them when they ask me to and yeah i have lost hope and i say for now because hopefully someone else will buy the rights to this game and show them how to really run it theres my hope right there . but yeah i have lost hope in there company im surprised there still up and running this game and havent sold there rights yet. and since when have you played this game couldnt have been from the release date because then you would be ego 5000 and nothing to do what so ever except chill with budd on there and since there are numerous games to hand with your friends on i guarantee you can always play with them on them not to mention you talk about hanging with friends but THERE IS SUCH A THING AS XBOX PARTY.

I started playing the game the day after the show aired. I have not rushed through any of the game.....I have taken my time....especially after seeing everyone complain how they blew through everything and no longer have anything to do. In fact I didn't even beat the game until just before the DLC dropped. Again these are choices that I made. I can fully respect your standpoint....but you don't have to be so vicious to people who are trying to be optimistic and are enjoying the game.

You are correct about Xbox party....and that is what we use when playing.....it's the same thing I did playing MW2 and MW3....I just like it better because I don't have to listen to everyone that is blaring their radio or talking $h!t. I play this game because I like it....I am hopefull because I enjoy the game....and no one will change my mind about it.

Also I doubt that another studio would pick this game up because of the tie to the TV show and no one knows what the contract between SyFy and Trion states.

FDG SKULLS
09-18-2013, 02:09 PM
I started playing the game the day after the show aired. I have not rushed through any of the game.....I have taken my time....especially after seeing everyone complain how they blew through everything and no longer have anything to do. In fact I didn't even beat the game until just before the DLC dropped. Again these are choices that I made. I can fully respect your standpoint....but you don't have to be so vicious to people who are trying to be optimistic and are enjoying the game.

You are correct about Xbox party....and that is what we use when playing.....it's the same thing I did playing MW2 and MW3....I just like it better because I don't have to listen to everyone that is blaring their radio or talking $h!t. I play this game because I like it....I am hopefull because I enjoy the game....and no one will change my mind about it.

Also I doubt that another studio would pick this game up because of the tie to the TV show and no one knows what the contract between SyFy and Trion states.
im not trying to be mean to everyone i just cant stand still seeing people waste there time on this game. i mean i used to be a defiance die hard fan i still like the show but my personal opinion trion killed the game. i mean none of my friends play anymore most of the high end dealers have left and i went to a crap ton of sieges before i left and there were only like maybe 10 people there if we were lucky.

Shadow Andreas
09-18-2013, 02:21 PM
im not trying to be mean to everyone i just cant stand still seeing people waste there time on this game. i mean i used to be a defiance die hard fan i still like the show but my personal opinion trion killed the game. i mean none of my friends play anymore most of the high end dealers have left and i went to a crap ton of sieges before i left and there were only like maybe 10 people there if we were lucky.

Well.....in my humble opinion....it's not your problem if people still want to play and are having fun. I understand that the game has lost luster for you....but for others it hasn't or for the new person it is still fresh and new...and they are having fun. You can't force your opinion on others.....honestly it makes you come off as an @$$....but your probably a really nice person....your just frustrated.

I can guarantee that saying how bad the game is to someone that has been playing for a long time and is still having fun isn't going to instantly make them say "hey you know what......this does suck and I'm not playing anymore". People have different acceptance levels when it comes to things....and no one is going to change that for someone else.

When....or if I get tired of Defiance......I will just disappear off the forums and the game. There will not be a speech to Trion about how they ruined anything.....I will be done and fade into the night....that is just life. Personally I have gotten my $80 bucks worth as far as fun and enjoyment......that doesn't mean that I am content with how the game HAS been handled.....it just means that I have played a lot, met a lot of people and had a good time. I hope for more and want to see what the new staff is going to do.

In all honestly what am I losing????

FDG SKULLS
09-18-2013, 02:30 PM
Well.....in my humble opinion....it's not your problem if people still want to play and are having fun. I understand that the game has lost luster for you....but for others it hasn't or for the new person it is still fresh and new...and they are having fun. You can't force your opinion on others.....honestly it makes you come off as an @$$....but your probably a really nice person....your just frustrated.

I can guarantee that saying how bad the game is to someone that has been playing for a long time and is still having fun isn't going to instantly make them say "hey you know what......this does suck and I'm not playing anymore". People have different acceptance levels when it comes to things....and no one is going to change that for someone else.

When....or if I get tired of Defiance......I will just disappear off the forums and the game. There will not be a speech to Trion about how they ruined anything.....I will be done and fade into the night....that is just life. Personally I have gotten my $80 bucks worth as far as fun and enjoyment......that doesn't mean that I am content with how the game HAS been handled.....it just means that I have played a lot, met a lot of people and had a good time. I hope for more and want to see what the new staff is going to do.

In all honestly what am I losing????

im losing my 3200 MSP that i could have used to buy another RPG GAME but thats just me. IM personally still just pissed off on there so called DLC 1 and DLC 2

Shadow Andreas
09-18-2013, 02:37 PM
im losing my 3200 MSP that i could have used to buy another RPG GAME but thats just me. IM personally still just pissed off on there so called DLC 1 and DLC 2

Understandable....completely! But you run that risk with any new game you buy. There is always hype and EVERYONE makes every game out to be better than it may be (that's marketing). Take it for what it is....a video game that at some point you did enjoy playing.

I'm not thrilled with DLC 1.....and I'm hoping DLC 2 is better, They have said that there is more they are working on and I hope that is true. Honestly no one knows right now what DLC 2 will contain and I'm not losing anything waiting for it to come out.....I bought the season pass which means I'm giving them until then to blow my mind....and if they don't.....that is life. You win some and you lose some. I will still have 100's of hours of entertainment and new friends.

CRIXDA
09-18-2013, 03:22 PM
Gee Skulls.
I am so sorry that I misconstrued Your post.
I hate that It went down like this. Honestly.
I don't want to have any fuss with anyone, especially over a game.
See, I love playing Defiance and I want the game to be better. I may not be a fan of Trion, but I am a fan of Defiance.
I want accountability from Trion FOR Defiance. I am willing to wait for the product to be what they are supposed to make of it.
I believe that Atticus wants the same, and Shadow Andreas also.
Anyone who still plays Defiance wants It to improve.

If You want to piss on everyone, just go.

Deunan
09-18-2013, 03:33 PM
WHY THEY PUT TRION IN CHARGE OF MAKING DEFIANCE I HAVE NO F N CLUE. Should have let bungie make it at least they would have it working and almost 99% lag free game by now.Trion has several institutional investors from the media industry including Comcast, which is the indirect parent of both Syfy and the production company for the Defiance television series. Once you connect the dots it's not that hard to figure out why it was chosen to develop the game. That being said, it's not like the company as a whole is incompetent. It did develop and publish Rift after all.

I'm relatively new to the game and on the PC version but I have yet to experience any server stability issues and have only experienced very brief moments of lag during large Arkfalls with dozens of other players and a huge amount of particle effects going off all around me. Is it more of a problem on gaming consoles than it is on PC's? I'd be inclined to guess that it's a server load issue and I'm benefitting from the drop in concurrent player population except for the fact that I'm reading recent posts about how it is still laggy and unstable.

JxSiN
09-18-2013, 03:34 PM
Gee Skulls.
I am so sorry that I misconstrued Your post.
I hate that It went down like this. Honestly.
I don't want to have any fuss with anyone, especially over a game.
See, I love playing Defiance and I want the game to be better. I may not be a fan of Trion, but I am a fan of Defiance.
I want accountability from Trion FOR Defiance. I am willing to wait for the product to be what they are supposed to make of it.
I believe that Atticus wants the same, and Shadow Andreas also.
Anyone who still plays Defiance wants It to improve.

If You want to piss on everyone, just go.

As pessimistic and gloomy as I sound, I actually am really hoping for the best. I am a fan of the game, the lore, the tv show, pretty much everything Defiance except for the people that made the game. I have hope that things can turn around, but I do not have faith in Trion to do it. It sucks to be that way, but that is the way that my experience with Trion has led me to be.

I hope they fix it. I don't have faith they will. I hope that a good number of vets return, I don't have faith they will. I don't even think Trion cares about keeping the people that have been here around. In fact, I know they don't. A few weeks ago I asked a question on the live stream about retention of players. They spoke all of about 5 seconds on retention then about 5 minutes on acquisition. 2 completely different things. It led me to believe Trion doesn't care about the people who have stood by the game for so long, but only about luring bright-eyed and bushy tailed newbies in so they can spend money before they realize how broken the game is and bail like many others.

I didn't wake up one morning and say to myself, today is a good day to hate Trion. Every feeling I have towards the company came from a slow build up of months of experience. I am out of excuses, even to myself, of defending them or trying to convince myself to have faith in the game turning around and living up to its potential. I have hope, but like I said, hope and faith are two different things.

FDG SKULLS
09-18-2013, 03:46 PM
well see to most people its still an awesome game. But to at least half of the people on here its repetitive and boring if trion wants to continue to grow and have people wanting to play more of there games they need to step it up 10 notches i mean add something new not just an ark fall make people want to comeback for more. and until they do that i dont think they're gonna make it i mean yeah they have rift to fall back on and yes you still have like 40% or people on here still loving the game but thats about it. i mean to most new comers this is an amazing game. give it another month or 2 and we'll see. but if you still like playing this repetitive BS then more power to ya. i cant stand doing the same bullcrap over and over AND OVER again and neither can 50% of the other people that left this game.

NicodemusTNT
09-18-2013, 03:48 PM
I loved playing Defiance and definitely got my money's worth out it, even with the things people think need to be fixed. I would love to see this game with additional campaign and co-op missions, and with additional areas to explore.

rebtattoo
09-18-2013, 04:13 PM
but if you still like playing this repetitive BS then more power to ya. i cant stand doing the same bullcrap over and over AND OVER again and neither can 50% of the other people that left this game.
I see this as an argument in a lot of posts. Its, quite honestly, and invalid argument. Let me explain.

All video GAMES are repetitive in a fashion, whether it be by action or command. The first video games were boringly repetitive [think Pong] Think it got better with newer consoles, think again [think Astroids or Space Invaders]. Newer consoles: Mario did the exact same things in different maps. Same with Zelda.

Newer consoles, same issues but with better graphics. GoW was the same thing over and over; walk a certain direction, encounter "bad guys", kill said bad guys, continue walking. Solve a few easy puzzles. Continue walking. Earlier GT..er [insert name of GAME franchise not allowed to be uttered in Defy forum] were sandbox games, but ultimately you ended up doing the same things over and over. Killing someone, finding a plethora of horseshoes, vandalising a wall with your "tag", see how far you could make the tank jump off the airport ramp, etc.

My point is, all GAMES have a high degree of repetitiveness. If the game is boring you, then by all means take a break. Come back after a spell and see if there are any new challenges for you to accept. If not, play another repetitive GAME until there are.

You'll notice that each time the word GAME was used, it was capitalized? It is, after all, a Game. Sure, time was invested, money was invested {some more than others}. But ultimately, its a GAME. If my team loses its GAME, I don't demand a refund on my ticket price. I can't tell you how many quarters I plunked into Defender, only to do the same thing over and over again. Guess what? I didn't complain to the arcade when my game was over, I plunked another quarter in or walked away.

Just my 2cents. No offense intended to anyone, just my opinion.

FDG SKULLS
09-18-2013, 04:23 PM
I see this as an argument in a lot of posts. Its, quite honestly, and invalid argument. Let me explain.

All video GAMES are repetitive in a fashion, whether it be by action or command. The first video games were boringly repetitive [think Pong] Think it got better with newer consoles, think again [think Astroids or Space Invaders]. Newer consoles: Mario did the exact same things in different maps. Same with Zelda.

Newer consoles, same issues but with better graphics. GoW was the same thing over and over; walk a certain direction, encounter "bad guys", kill said bad guys, continue walking. Solve a few easy puzzles. Continue walking. Earlier GT..er [insert name of GAME franchise not allowed to be uttered in Defy forum] were sandbox games, but ultimately you ended up doing the same things over and over. Killing someone, finding a plethora of horseshoes, vandalising a wall with your "tag", see how far you could make the tank jump off the airport ramp, etc.

My point is, all GAMES have a high degree of repetitiveness. If the game is boring you, then by all means take a break. Come back after a spell and see if there are any new challenges for you to accept. If not, play another repetitive GAME until there are.

You'll notice that each time the word GAME was used, it was capitalized? It is, after all, a Game. Sure, time was invested, money was invested {some more than others}. But ultimately, its a GAME. If my team loses its GAME, I don't demand a refund on my ticket price. I can't tell you how many quarters I plunked into Defender, only to do the same thing over and over again. Guess what? I didn't complain to the arcade when my game was over, I plunked another quarter in or walked away.

Just my 2cents. No offense intended to anyone, just my opinion.

You know i noticed one thing while you kept talking about repetitive games you kept referring to arcade games (except GOW which was an OK GAME) that you usually add quarters to wow man were talking about GAMES that you play on a console. and yes i know some you can play but take for example the games i highlighted in red that you were talking about of course there repetitive your doing the same damn thing the entire game yes defiance has some thing that make it not quiet so repetitive but still its the same old same old and ill agree yes most video games for the consoles are boring after a while but i got my moneys worth like any COD AND GOW game at least when they came out with a DLC it was and ACTUAL DLC NOT JUST ONE BOGUS PIECE OF CONTENT.

rebtattoo
09-18-2013, 04:29 PM
I'll concede, being a relatively new player, that the last DLC sucked the hind teets of a lame pow. My point was, and still is, all video games, whether they're arcade, console, pc, whatever, have a high degree of repetition.

FDG SKULLS
09-18-2013, 04:37 PM
true i wont deny on that but because this is an mmo its shouldnt be repetitive. which is what im saying but because they cant seem to add anything good besides ark falls it is.

rebtattoo
09-18-2013, 04:49 PM
It's a matter of semantics. New storyline missions, albeit, very cool and much wanted will still be the same. That's the nature of the beast. Add things that aren't and we're on another thread, i.e.; crafting, AH, actually solving puzzles, rather than just "finding" the pieces to be dropped into a drop box. More exploration of the much unused landscape. I agree, more can be done. Who knows what's gonna happen? I'll continue playing at the pace I have set for myself and having fun with it. When the fun wears off, I won't "plunk anymore quarters" into it.

FDG SKULLS
09-18-2013, 05:35 PM
right my time has run out for it. just buying my time till destiny might get GTA V to see how it is.

crasher
09-18-2013, 06:52 PM
And just out of curiosity:
Isn't the team that Trick D. has at his disposal made up of basically the same cadre of people that ignore a problem for 2 patches, fix a problem in patch #3, reintroduce the problem in patch #4, (repeat)?

I was just shooting at the Progenitor south of Murder Island area that was doing the 'Harry Potter Sorting Hat' impression, again...

But we're supposed to be distracted by new stuff that will be certain to be bug free this time, 'We swear' <?!?>.

I'm feeling my mellow being harshed....

rebtattoo
09-18-2013, 07:08 PM
Isn't the team that Trick D. has at his disposal made up of basically the same cadre of people that ignore a problem for 2 patches, fix a problem in patch #3, reintroduce the problem in patch #4, (repeat)?

I was just shooting at the Progenitor south of Murder Island area that was doing the 'Harry Potter Sorting Hat' impression, again...

But we're supposed to be distracted by new stuff that will be certain to be bug free this time, 'We swear' <?!?>.

I'll answer your 2 questions to the best of my limited knowledge.

1. I don't know

2. And, I'll state before hand, that you won't like my answer...No. If you choose to be distracted by it, you will be. If not, you'll be set with another decision to make. It's really pretty simple.

I 'choose' to continue playing the game, even with all the aforementioned problems. I hope that they will be fixed in the near future. I also hope that they aren't part of the next DLC, and that the DLC has more content than BS fluff.

Even if none of my hopes are realized, I will choose to continue playing until it no longer amuses me.

Believe me. I can understand how y'all are feeling about the game and all the broken promises. [Hell, I've been married twice.] But, it all boils down to choices. No one, absolutely no one can determine what you choose to do, but yourself.

Wraieth
09-18-2013, 08:49 PM

1. I don't know

2. And, I'll state before hand, that you won't like my answer...No. If you choose to be distracted by it, you will be. If not, you'll be set with another decision to make. It's really pretty simple.

I 'choose' to continue playing the game, even with all the aforementioned problems. I hope that they will be fixed in the near future. I also hope that they aren't part of the next DLC, and that the DLC has more content than BS fluff.

Even if none of my hopes are realized, I will choose to continue playing until it no longer amuses me.

Believe me. I can understand how y'all are feeling about the game and all the broken promises. [Hell, I've been married twice.] But, it all boils down to choices. No one, absolutely no one can determine what you choose to do, but yourself.

Reguardless of the fact that I have very little faith in this game being fixed before sometime next year.

I do have to say that your post was very well put. And also very accurate. like it or hate it is each persons choice. As is how they voice their approval or disapproval . I may disagree with what someone says. Or even their reasons for saying it. And if I do I will say so.

But the one thing I will never disagree with is their right to say and feel the way they do. For better or worse.

rebtattoo
09-18-2013, 09:44 PM
But the one thing I will never disagree with is their right to say and feel the way they do. For better or worse. No truer words have been spoken. I, too, may not agree or condone an opinion, but will not disparage your right to voice it.

Valdrane78
09-19-2013, 01:17 AM
No truer words have been spoken. I, too, may not agree or condone an opinion, but will not disparage your right to voice it.

Tell that to Trion. I've seen people banned for less.

/ducks ban hammer

MacDeath
09-19-2013, 01:36 AM
true i wont deny on that but because this is an mmo its shouldnt be repetitive. which is what im saying but because they cant seem to add anything good besides ark falls it is.
Defiance isn't actually an MMO, it's a shooter with a light overlay of MMO. So, an MMOTPS isn't likely to have the stuff people have every right to expect from an MMORPG. That said, the stuff it DOES have doesn't work very well.

MacDeath
09-19-2013, 02:03 AM

No, it's not the same team at all. ~80% of the original team was released in July (after a 60 day layoff announcement in May). Those cuts were quite deep and included the original Executive Procucer, Nathan Richardsson. Of the folks who remained, many decided to not relocate to Redwood Shores from San Diego. So, it's possible the Trick is the ONLY one left from the original team. We just don't know and Trion isn't likely to say.

Trick has filled in the new team with transfers from Rift which had a very good reputation of rapid iteration. The downside is, that many of them may be new to console gaming but the original team wasn't very good at console gaming either.

CRIXDA
09-19-2013, 04:42 AM
Good Points on Trick's new team, MacDeath.
I honestly don't think that it will matter to people HOW new to the Defiance project the team is.
In the eyes of the cynics/pessimists here, Trion = ENEMY. Trion = FOOTDRAGGER. Trion = MONEYHUNGRY. Trion = PISSING ON THE CONSUMER.
Now I said before that I want accountability and that is what I am waiting for.
I expect it from Trick's folks before ANY new material. Rift is doing well, these folks know what they are doing so I should think that It would be done correctly.

Dracian
09-19-2013, 06:10 AM
Personnaly, I don't hate Trion, nor anybody TBH... Hate is a hobby that is too much time and energy consuming...

As for the game, I don't play much anymore, I only come in the evenings for the last contracts I have to complete and go back playing The Witcher : chasing redheads is currently far more enjoyable than chasing Arkfalls since there are no bugs, no lags and no whiners who complain because they got ess-kicked too much time.

A good omen for The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077, IMHO.

crasher
09-19-2013, 06:21 AM
No, it's not the same team at all. ~80% of the original team was released in July (after a 60 day layoff announcement in May). Those cuts were quite deep and included the original Executive Procucer, Nathan Richardsson. Of the folks who remained, many decided to not relocate to Redwood Shores from San Diego. So, it's possible the Trick is the ONLY one left from the original team. We just don't know and Trion isn't likely to say.

Trick has filled in the new team with transfers from Rift which had a very good reputation of rapid iteration. The downside is, that many of them may be new to console gaming but the original team wasn't very good at console gaming either.
I did kind of mean the guys that have been working on fixing stuff right up thru yesterday. I have no reason to refer to a design team from months ago when I mention the fact that they're failing fixes. Failing fixes has been recent. Reintroducing problems and bugs in patches is recent. The failed patches have been since the design team was let go. These are the people I refer to.

Good Points on Trick's new team, MacDeath.
I honestly don't think that it will matter to people HOW new to the Defiance project the team is.
In the eyes of the cynics/pessimists here, Trion = ENEMY. Trion = FOOTDRAGGER. Trion = MONEYHUNGRY. Trion = PISSING ON THE CONSUMER.
Now I said before that I want accountability and that is what I am waiting for.
I expect it from Trick's folks before ANY new material. Rift is doing well, these folks know what they are doing so I should think that It would be done correctly.

I dont believe I ever used 'Enemy', Moneyhungry' or 'Trion = PISSING ON THE CONSUMER.' In any context.

But if you want to discuss footdragging, there are lists of issues that were addressed by the testers and presented to Trion in the alphas and early closed releases that are still issues that have not yet been addressed by Trion.

These are still issues.

The new stuff that Trion is proposing to introduce addresses none of those things.
The list of 20 issues I addressed as a summery are issues from the beginning and/or issues that have since been introduced that remain to be fixed.

Before you go patting yourself on the back too much for being so optimistic, bear in mind that after playing the game for months as many of us have, the broken stuff becomes more obvious every day and you just haven't seen it yet.

Doesn't matter how you dress up a crippled pig. We want the pig fixed before you pick out a new dress and consider the problem solved.

Defy me
09-19-2013, 08:04 AM

1. I don't know

you MUST be a new player....(EGO under 2000 im guessing? been playing less than 2 months?)

Any of us that have been here since day 1, can NO longer defend Trion (I used to be leader of the Defiance Fanboy mobile defense squad) after everything.

There is only so long you can deal with such basic ****, day in and out, with it not being fixed, or more things being broken.

This is my 8th account on the forums lol, lets just say the banhammer was tasted ever so good. I tried playing this game last night, and saw countless glitches, couldint do ANY PvP maps, and then timed out....

Turned on GTA5 and yea.....pretty sure im now done with Defiance 100% until the next DLC....

You gotta remember, we have been dealing with the problems you all see, but for 6 months. Then we got a VERY lackluster DLC, toss in some lies about the weapons we were getting (Volge AR, and regular charge AR), turrets on our crappy paid for craptor, no MP in the arenas )considering they don't work anyway, thankd God I guess?) lies about drop rates, from mobs and boxes, lies about release for the DLC, non working maps when we go get them (still haven't played Miltary acadmy working, and freight yard took 4 months to work)

98% of the vets are gone, or have been banned for speaking their minds. THe TV show/forums made this game JUST playable. No tv show and having to get a new IP anytime I wanna post killed it for me...but truth be told I was at the end of my rope anyway.

Don't get me wrong, it IS a fun game, great idea, neat concepts and I like the direction its going to take future games (hopefully) but lack on almost every other level did this game in, it just CANNOT last the rest of the year.....

It lost 80% of its player base by DLC1....whats gonna happen with DLC5??

Regardless of how bitter I am over glicthes, lies, issues and lack of everything else, it was a VERY fun game for MONTHS! not many can claim that

CRIXDA
09-19-2013, 08:46 AM
I am not trying to take the jelly out of your doughtnut, crasher.
I am aware that You never used any of the aforementioned to desrcibe Trion and I didn't infer that You ever had.
I stated back in entry #5 that I have been playing Defiance since LAUNCH DAY and trust me - I see all of the glitches and the server crashes and my character on fire and the lag and unplayable crapola.
if I come off looking foolish for being optimistic for looking forward to what Defiance can become, then I am going to let TRION prove me foolish and not someone on the freaking forum and their caustic opinions.
I don't mind anyone voicing an opinion at all, I welcome conversation. Honestly.
The same old "look, they didn't do this....or that......they failed here.......and here......" is worse than tiresome. Trick's SotG address isn't a week old and everyone is waiting for them to open the Trion headquater's door with a chorus of angels and deliver the "God-Patch" THIS VERY INSTANT.
I can afford to wait, I have played Defiance since launch day and I have endured the mess this long and still enjoyed the game immensely. A little longer won't hurt.

Defy me
09-19-2013, 08:55 AM
Do you honestly believe, after EVERYTHING, that we SHOULD have to wait anymore?

I have been waiting 6 months....I think that's long enough....I actually used to play a lil with you Crixda :p

I could maybe wait if ALL of my friends were still playin, but I was the last one of like 40 ppl....time to mozy on, but im sure I will be back, Defiance was great fun for a while

Dracian
09-19-2013, 09:07 AM
Trick's SotG address isn't a week old and everyone is waiting for them to open the Trion headquater's door with a chorus of angels and deliver the "God-Patch" THIS VERY INSTANT.

Yes. Yes, that's what people want. And yes, that's what I want.

I mean, is it so difficult to release very frequent hotfixes in order to correct progressively the game and give players the will to continue ? They did this for Rift, so why not for Defiance ? Or maybe the problem is elsewhere ? Maybe Trion has the possibility to release hotfixes but can't because of third-party companies that restrain its freedom to act ? Is it the sad truth ? Are Micro$oft and $ony holding PC back ?

I wouldn't be surprised if it were the case, since it wouldn't be the first time I witness that.

rebtattoo
09-19-2013, 09:34 AM
you MUST be a new player....(EGO under 2000 im guessing? been playing less than 2 months?)
I am a newer player. You're correct, playing just over 2 months, EGO at 1695. I have never played an online game before. All the games I have played previously were beaten with 100% completion within 2 weeks; with the exception of RDR, that took closer to 3 weeks.

My wife and I are fans of the show and she purchased the game for me as a birthday gift in July. I opened it that night and started playing. I turned to the forum at the beginning of Aug. to help me learn the game. She actually made the comment the other day that she was happy seeing me play a game longer than a week, and that it made her feel good that she got something for me that I enjoy doing this long.

That aside. I can empathize about all the issues the game has and has had since launch. I haven't dealt with them for as long as y'all have, but as everyone is so poignant at pointing out, the problems are still here, nonetheless.

At no time have I defended Trion. I want them to fix the issues. I want them to fix the issues as soon as possible. Do I expect it to be done now, tomorrow, hell, even next week. No. I'm sorry, but I'm a realist. They haven't been fixed since launch? I can't and won't expect a fix tomorrow.

My whole point is, even with all the issues I still 'choose' to play the game because it amuses me and is still fun.