PDA

View Full Version : Trion, is it true Collectors are killing us?

Frozen
09-16-2013, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by torch327
I sent an email trion enquiring about a few things:

1) I placed first more than once in a major arkfall and only received 4 keys and 2 green weapons 2) why it is that the lock boxes are giving people white mods now 3) why all of a sudden the rate at which legendarys are given out of lock boxes have dropped. 4) why is it that someone such as myself has only been able to pull 4 legendarys out of thousands of lockboxes and others seem to get one a day and why is it that I can open up 10 in a row and get no better than blue and someone else can open up one and receive 3 legendarys.

Answers:

1) arkfall rewards are completely random.position on leaderboard has no influence. 2,3,4) the game is deigned to give items out randomly and to keep legendaries,epics, and synergy mods at certain rarity.once the percentage limit has been reached for said items the game won't produce anymore until there are more people playing or items are no longer in inventories:ex..legendaries,epics either sold to vending machines or turned into ark salvage.synergy mods that are in people's inventorys count as being in game and ably so many are allowed in game to keep them rare.once they are installed on a weapon the game no longer recognizes them as a mod and there is the possibility of more being generated.

This only partially answered so I got on live chatand this is what got explained with the numbers not being revealed:

The game totals the amount of on and offline characters(not gamertags) and allows a certain percentage of blue,green,epic and legendary weapons in the game for every so many people.

the example that was given was: 1) 30 green,20 blue,10 epic(purple),5 legendary to every 100 character's and/or weapons,which ever allows for the highest amount of rare weapons(characters offline for over an undisclosed amount of time no longer count and neither does their inventory) 2)synergy mods:1 of each mod type for a synergy weapon..ex..assassin assault rifle the game will allow 1 of each scope,1 of each mag,1 of each stock,1 of each barrel.

these were given as hypothetical numbers as they won't tell the real numbers.

So what most of our problem is all of the people in this game who collect everything just to have it not for the purpose of actually using it.I know of people who have sets of almost every synergy mod available with no intention of using or selling them.the legendary collectors are killing us to.

Is it true? Are hoarders and collectors ruining it for the rest of us? Are players with large quantities of purple, orange and synergy mods being offline long enough giving us or good drop chances, only to have them yanked away when someone decides to log in after a long absence?

Use it, sell it quick or scrap it, should that be our outlook to keep the drops coming in? Are we getting slammed with "revive" bonuses because we've reached our limit of all the other highly sought after ones? Are WE the reason the loot system feels broken? Is our "everything is worth something" mentality causing us more harm than good?

Atticus Batman
09-16-2013, 03:02 PM
Is it true? Are hoarders and collectors ruining it for the rest of us? Are players with large quantities of purple, orange and synergy mods being offline long enough giving us or good drop chances, only to have them yanked away when someone decides to log in after a long absence?

Use it, sell it quick or scrap it, should that be our outlook to keep the drops coming in? Are we getting slammed with "revive" bonuses because we've reached our limit of all the other highly sought after ones? Are WE the reason the loot system feels broken? Is our "everything is worth something" mentality causing us more harm than good?

They've already said that was false.

Arsenic_Touch
09-16-2013, 03:05 PM
RNG without stat priority is ruining it for the rest of us. Not this rumor that has been squashed numerous times now.

Frozen
09-16-2013, 03:11 PM
They've already said that was false.

They've "said" it's false? Have they proven it? Have we, the players, with no real knowledge of the most intimate workings of the system truly "squashed" this, if it is only a rumor? I'm searching the forum but can't find these threads, I'd love to know more after reading this.

Atticus Batman
09-16-2013, 03:13 PM
They've "said" it's false? Have they proven it? Have we, the players, with no real knowledge of the most intimate workings of the system truly "squashed" this, if it is only a rumor? I'm searching the forum but can't find these threads, I'd love to know more after reading this.

If it were true then Nobody would still be getting orange items from the lockbox, because very few get scrapped.

crasher
09-16-2013, 03:14 PM
Since we still get oranges every day, I'd say that the theory that there are a finite number of oranges in the game and we've reached that limit is false.

Frozen
09-16-2013, 03:40 PM
It specifically said characters that are offline long enough aren't factored in, and with more and more players leaving the game, doesn't that match up?

Frozen
09-16-2013, 03:42 PM
If it were true then Nobody would still be getting orange items from the lockbox, because very few get scrapped.

I scrap almost all of mine, only have two I use, and one doesn’t even have good rolls. You guys aren't hoarding weapons nobody wants, are you?

Atticus Batman
09-16-2013, 03:49 PM
I only have legendaries I use. But this rumor has been around since launch and has been said in all MMOS. Heck I've even heard it been said about Borderlands 2. THe fact is, it is NOT true. It was started by a person with bad luck who wanted someone or something to blame. That is all.

Heinzlee
09-16-2013, 05:24 PM
What are you going to do if it is true anyways?

Complain? Hahahaha...

Notturno
09-16-2013, 05:34 PM
The most simplistic solution would be drop tables based on a percentage dictated by a programmer. To factor in all those extra variables would be extra work and would not make sense in a basic implementation of a loot system.

I don't believe that for a second.

JxSiN
09-16-2013, 05:34 PM
If it were true, would anyone not get anything other than white drops during bonus loot weekends? Seeing how tons farm loot on those days and usually end up with more than 30 greens in their inventory at a time before breaking them down. If it were true, then as soon as the max greens were reached across the board all of a sudden wouldn't only whites drop?

I know, most people break them down as soon as their inventory is full, but it is a hypothetical situation to prove this farce is just that, a farce.

What about clans who use an alt character as a mule to hold nothing but oranges for the clan to use (kind of like a library)? Wouldn't an alt character like this holding say 200+ oranges automatically render anyone else on that server/platform incapable of getting orange drops? Don't say there aren't any clans that do that, I can name 3 that I personally know that have this type of mule/library with more oranges than that.

What about traders who tend to have anywhere from 5-50 oranges at a given time for trade, not including their personal oranges?

What about the fact that it doesn't make any logical sense? What would the time frame be for a character to be inactive for their oranges not to count? What happens when that character logs back in after the set time frame?

Some people will break down bad oranges, but the amount of people that keep them far outnumber those that do.

It is common knowledge that the people who know the least about the game at all are the GMs on live chat.

x3kingsheat136x
09-16-2013, 06:09 PM
This is false I have 50 plus legendaries and still get good drops its because the rates on certain gun are very low and certain guns are higher like rocket launchers

Thearl
09-17-2013, 05:10 AM
I'm sorry I resurrected it again. It's like Global Warming. The Gov (Trion) states one thing. The scientists (players actually running stats) say another. Then the laymen (every player getting B,B,B,G over and over again) say the empirical evidence supports a third.

KBob
09-17-2013, 05:22 AM
I'm sorry I resurrected it again. It's like Global Warming. The Gov (Trion) states one thing. The scientists (players actually running stats) say another. Then the laymen (every player getting B,B,B,G over and over again) say the empirical evidence supports a third.

personally I don't care any more about this .. let's see what DLC 5 ( you know - one that going to have some real content, not some money sinks ) will bring to us .

N3gativeCr33p
09-17-2013, 05:34 AM
Are hoarders and collectors ruining it for the rest of us?

No, but I'm pretty sure I know who is responsible for ruining the game.