PDA

View Full Version : Trion: Please help me understand something.

Lillith Valerian
09-16-2013, 06:25 PM
Hiya. 'Casual /new MMO player' here again. Being female also makes me worth 50 extra Scrabble points. I have an overall question that's really bothering me, and I'm wondering if you can clear it up.

I started out as a trio, but now I'm the only one left. I still repeatedly get kicked from the server and have lag issues that make the game unplayable, but also there are a myriad of other issues. A few examples would be...

1.) I can never complete the final battle of major Ark Falls anymore. If I try, I'm kicked from the server and lose all progress made (namely, the keys). It forces me to 'tag' them only, and leave before they end, which has become such a hollow experience I don't bother anymore.

2.) I bought the DLC with some serious reservations after the technical problems I experienced before, but fell in love with Volge Sieges. But now Volge Sieges never complete anymore. Every time I join one, it stops spawning new Volge around wave 5, I think. Y U no let me finish, and leave me unsatisfied? After a half-dozen attempts, I never bother anymore.

4.) Often instead of kicking me it will get laggy, which then results in a strange reality only my Very Special Character knows of. A land populated by people and objects floating frozen in the sky at strange angles, where load out screens, maps, or anything else works....except for my blur ability, which never runs out.

I then run the width and breadth of the map, admiring all the people in the sky, and occasionally stop to take a picture of myself standing next to friendly Volge that do not attack. It's a pleasant, odd world. A world that makes your boyfriend stop to exclaim "WTF!?!" while passing through the living room.

4.) On a small note, my favorite weapon (an orange sniper rifle my Clan pooled money and bought for me, since 3000 Ego points resulted in....a lot of blues and greens) has a perpetual glitch where the ammo reserve endlessly drops from 50 to only 20 rounds without firing or reloading. It always happens whenever I change load outs or go through a loading screen.

The point of all this being, the game seems nearly unplayable right now. And the next DLC not only fails to get me excited with changes being made (the new Ark interior environments look...well, boring), it seems strangely preoccupied with new things that there doesn't seem to be a clamoring demand for (grenade ammo? Really?) while everything that has come before *still doesn't work*.

Why not devote all the employee time and resources to correcting everything first, before piling more potential problems on top? I'm honestly, genuinely confused. Please help me understand.

On a final note, I feel that things such as 'ammo spikes' will only further erode what reality immersion I can glean from the game. But at least those will help me cope with my Sniper ammo glitch. So...thank you, I guess?

CRIXDA
09-16-2013, 07:39 PM
I understand Your frustration, Lillith.
I wish that I has some "sage advice" to give You, being that I have been around since launch and have dealt with this mess since then but I don't.
These days, I have apparently become a "White Knight" for Trion, because I am asking everyone to be patient and give Trick and everyone time to make Defiance into the game that It is supposed to be.
I would encourage You to go to the customer support desk or whatever in the radial menu and submit a ticket on each problem and at the very least make them aware of the problems.
Issues won't solve themselves and I don't think that the CS people come here so (if You haven't) I would do that a.s.a.p. because it sucks to have an unplayable game.
Just an idea.

Etaew
09-16-2013, 11:26 PM
Some of your issues makes me think of connection interruption, do you play on wireless?

Wonder
09-17-2013, 03:20 AM
You think your world is fun, let me take you to "Hell" as I call it - a place where you can't see or interact with ANYTHING but everything else is "business as usual". It's the most annoying place ever since you get all the experiences of playing the game without actually being able to do so AND risk a server lockout to get back to the game.

@CRIXDA - You can be the "White Knight" that Trion doesn't deserve, but I for one am tired of STILL being told "we're sorry, we'll work on that." while they twiddle their thumbs on some non-sense project. First it was "fixing" the tutorial while everything else was broken and now it's this grenade fiasco while pretty much everything else is still broken. I'm not saying they aren't trying to fix everything, I'm just saying that the time spent on these non-sense projects could be more productively spend almost literally anywhere else in the game (the server issues for example, which they keep claiming to have fixed).

VicousBlood
09-17-2013, 04:14 AM
1 & 2 Sounds like interruption to disconnection
3 (4) Definitely is a symptom of a time out
4 That is a bug I think all users are still having, I just checked it on my own Bolt Action, when you switch loadouts, change screens.

As one of the previous posters asked. Wired or Wireless? Pc or console? I find the community here is more helpful than anything else.

Indra Echo
09-17-2013, 06:17 AM
I wish that I has some "sage advice" to give You, being that I have been around since launch and have dealt with this mess since then but I don't.
These days, I have apparently become a "White Knight" for Trion, because I am asking everyone to be patient and give Trick and everyone time to make Defiance into the game that It is supposed to be.
I would encourage You to go to the customer support desk or whatever in the radial menu and submit a ticket on each problem and at the very least make them aware of the problems.
Issues won't solve themselves and I don't think that the CS people come here so (if You haven't) I would do that a.s.a.p. because it sucks to have an unplayable game.
Just an idea.

I don't use names and won't call you anything. I too have been called that and much worse because the game for me was still playable. These issues are known to Trion, but unacknowledged. I've reported so many bugs myself that I could literally spend all of my game time doing it. Prior to DLC1's drop, this was not so true for me that lag made it unplayable. But since then I have had to constantly find workarounds in order to either get back into a lagged out game, or ways to try and avoid lag (hint: that means avoiding doing most anything with other player, vehicles, some weapons, and so on).

I have done a lot of sieges and major dark matter arkfalls, and most (not all) ended up lagging me out right before the end of the event, OR I'd get the same crippling lag right before then (sometimes quite often at the 2 minute countdown), and everything in my world was moving in slow motion. If I waited it out, it could take as long as 20 minutes for the event to end for me-that's beyond the time when it actually did end for others.

Regarding a broken weapon-there seems to be a persistent issue in the game where certain weapons (sometimes all weapons of a type) have something that won't work. For me, it's become a persistent issue across many weapons for reload-they begin to reload and don't and so I end up with 0 and need to try to reload again. This does not happen with every weapon, so I can't place the blame on any one thing that is the cause of it.

Regarding lag and the future of the game. Right now, you are where I was. The point you always have to keep in mind is for you the game is working right. For others it is a broken experience. I have always stated that this needs to change but I am not encouraged by the fact that they don't address it except to say they've "fixed" certain stability issues and then when I play the game that seems to mean less loot drops on the ground-less drops of everything, actually.

But plans for future DLC indicate they seem headed into adding more stuff on the ground that will lead to lag OR as in the on demand arkfalls, the rewards will be in boxes at the end rather than as you play. But the reward system has always been a bit of a mess (case in point, Volge Siege tier 10 rewards being green items). The problem with this idea of waiting for loot, scrip, and salvage rewards until the end is that the new grenade mechanics will mean you actually want to see more loot on the ground in the hope that some of that loot is grenade refills. But then again, more loot on the ground will lead to more lag--a vicious circle.

N3gativeCr33p
09-17-2013, 06:28 AM
Why not devote all the employee time and resources to correcting everything first, before piling more potential problems on top? I'm honestly, genuinely confused. Please help me understand.

HAHAHAHAHAHA... even they don't have an answer to your question.

Lillith Valerian
09-17-2013, 09:18 AM
I have a direct cable connection, and all NAT settings / ports have been manually opened. Past that, I'm not sure what else I can do. My modem is a couple of years old, but I think there's only so much responsibility the user can take before it just starts to feel like blame-shifting, honestly.

Indra Echo
09-17-2013, 09:58 AM
I have a direct cable connection, and all NAT settings / ports have been manually opened. Past that, I'm not sure what else I can do. My modem is a couple of years old, but I think there's only so much responsibility the user can take before it just starts to feel like blame-shifting, honestly.

Well let me say that sure a part of this is due to our connections and our systems and all that, but...if my experience was ok (not perfect but workable) prior to the DLC drop and I was at that time using a wifi connection, then why now does it mostly suck (same setup, same everything) with either wifi or wired?

That means that the game does have its own internal problems. If all things are equal and playability is degraded, then something has happened in the game itself. Now, it could be just dumb luck that I was constantly entering into bad phases but I can't say that's all that it was.

InfamousBrad
09-17-2013, 12:18 PM
Well let me say that sure a part of this is due to our connections and our systems and all that, but...if my experience was ok (not perfect but workable) prior to the DLC drop and I was at that time using a wifi connection, then why now does it mostly suck (same setup, same everything) with either wifi or wired?...

In my experience (it's happened to me several times) it means that either there's something wrong with your router, or with your cable modem, or between it and your Internet Service Provider. Try this: bring up a command line window (win-R, cmd) and type:

ping -t auth.trionworlds.com

Let it run for at least a couple of minutes, then hit ctrl-C. If there are any packets lost, you're going to have trouble with Defiance, trouble that matches exactly the description you've given. If it's above 1%, the game will be completely unplayable. If my guess is right and that's what's going on here, call tech support at your ISP.

Indra Echo
09-17-2013, 02:30 PM
In my experience (it's happened to me several times) it means that either there's something wrong with your router, or with your cable modem, or between it and your Internet Service Provider. Try this: bring up a command line window (win-R, cmd) and type:

Let it run for at least a couple of minutes, then hit ctrl-C. If there are any packets lost, you're going to have trouble with Defiance, trouble that matches exactly the description you've given. If it's above 1%, the game will be completely unplayable. If my guess is right and that's what's going on here, call tech support at your ISP.

Well I'm sure you're relating something for PC games. I'm playing on the xbox NA servers and this is an extremely common issue with them. My router/modem is new and not always unplayable, but the lag in it makes it so quite often-often enough that I don't want to keep using workarounds for things.

By the way, just for grins I did what you suggested and there was 0% loss.

Critical Errors
09-17-2013, 02:32 PM
Your best bet to help in this situation is a simple reset of your Router & Modem. Also clearing your Xbox cache before you load up the game.

- Unplug Router (From the router end, not the wall socket end. The Power supply has capacitors in it that will prevent the router RAM from clearing)
- Unplug Modem (Same as above ^)
- Wait 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Replug in modem. Wait for all lights to hold steady. (Approx. 1 - 2 minutes)
- Replug in Router. (Same as above ^)

- To clear cache on Xbox: Go to System settings - Storage - Press [Y] for device options. Clear cache 3 times for good measure (This only takes a second).

If on PC, use Ccleaner to clear your cache that way. I don't use PS3, so I don't know if there is a way to clear cache on it.

crasher
09-17-2013, 06:09 PM

Interesting.
When I hit ctrl-C the window closed and left me a normal looking desktop.

Lillith Valerian
09-17-2013, 08:16 PM

Hmm. I'm not sure how I can do that on an Xbox.

Weren't the General Forums split between console and computer gamers, or did I imagine that? If they were, I can't imagine why they would have merged them : (

Krylo
09-18-2013, 05:35 AM
Hmm. I'm not sure how I can do that on an Xbox.

Weren't the General Forums split between console and computer gamers, or did I imagine that? If they were, I can't imagine why they would have merged them : (

They mentioned they were merging them because a lot of the topics were asking things that weren't platform specific and creating lots of repeat threads across the various areas of the forum none of which were getting enough attention paid to them.

Also probably makes it easier to monitor the forums with fewer sections.

That said, unless the problem is the cable from your router to your x-box, just do it on your computer. The trace route should go through the same stops regardless, so long as both the computer and the x-box use the same router and ISP (which I'm pretty sure they do).

N3gativeCr33p
09-18-2013, 06:13 AM
- Unplug Router (From the router end, not the wall socket end. The Power supply has capacitors in it that will prevent the router RAM from clearing)
- Unplug Modem (Same as above ^)
- Wait 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Replug in modem. Wait for all lights to hold steady. (Approx. 1 - 2 minutes)
- Replug in Router. (Same as above ^)

Oh, the mighty power cycle... you must be a Comcast employee, right? ;)

JxSiN
09-18-2013, 08:36 AM
I find it amazing that many people's modems/routers/Internet connections/whatever all decided to work not as good as they used to approximately around the same time as the first DLC.

Point is, if the equipment was working before the DLC, and nothing changed BUT the DLC, wouldn't logic suggest that the problem is the DLC? I'm no computer genius or anything but if Johnny is trying to hammer a nail into a board and the nail is blunt and bent, Johnny shouldn't even have to think about blaming the board or the hammer.

N3gativeCr33p
09-18-2013, 01:28 PM
Point is, if the equipment was working before the DLC, and nothing changed BUT the DLC, wouldn't logic suggest that the problem is the DLC? I'm no computer genius or anything but if Johnny is trying to hammer a nail into a board and the nail is blunt and bent, Johnny shouldn't even have to think about blaming the board or the hammer.

I'm also not the smartest man in the world... but regardless, I agree with all of what you've said here.

Dracian
09-18-2013, 01:42 PM
I find it amazing that many people's modems/routers/Internet connections/whatever all decided to work not as good as they used to approximately around the same time as the first DLC.

This.

Game is also becoming completely unplayable on PC. I played a SW tonight and there was almost a whole second lag between the moment I killed the guy in front of me and the moment he actually fell down and the kill message appeared.

My connection is fine, Speedtest and other various connection tests tell me I'm between 25 to 35 ms ping. Pinging www.google.com gives me a 25-27 ms result while pinging auth.trionworlds.com gives me currently a result of 139-144 ms.

I used to brag about EA's ME3 servers. I wouldn't thought I would ever find worse...

Atticus Batman
09-18-2013, 01:43 PM

The problem with poor Johny is that he isn't paid to think. I used to do construction. Beleive me there were plenty of people that would make do with that bent and blunt nail, with a new box a few feet away with our supplies. I saw people straighten the nail by hitting the bent part, wich can work in a pinch. I also saw people squeeze the tip into a point with pliers, or heat it with a torch then squeeze it with pliers. Some even found a weaker board so the nail WOULD go through it.

Remember some people will do a lot of work coming up with bad fixes so they don't have to go the extra step to make a good fix.

That said, some of the problem is with some people's equipment. Low ping rate, good cables, good net connection, and a properly set modem/router can really help. I don't have as many issues as most 360 players with lag. That said there are also plenty of issues with the DLC. I don't have much lag at arkfalls and sieges but those mutants can fly and disapear and reapear like crazy in the Arenas. I can shoot a cleaver with the new Volge limg 3 times point blank and only the second shot hits. I shoot that cleaver with the basic old disruptor from the same range and all 3 shots hit to atleast some degree.

InfamousBrad
09-18-2013, 01:52 PM
This.

Game is also becoming completely unplayable on PC. I played a SW tonight and there was almost a whole second lag between the moment I killed the guy in front of me and the moment he actually fell down and the kill message appeared.

My connection is fine, Speedtest and other various connection tests tell me I'm between 25 to 35 ms ping. Pinging www.google.com gives me a 25-27 ms result while pinging auth.trionworlds.com gives me currently a result of 139-144 ms.

I used to brag about EA's ME3 servers. I wouldn't thought I would ever find worse...

When it comes to this game, Speedtest doesn't tell you anything useful. It's not lack of bandwidth that's killing you. It's lack of network reliability. Look, I know it's easier to blame Trion than to troubleshoot an Internet connection. (And, truth be told, I've never seen an MMO freak out so badly over 1% packet loss, but that's probably because it's a shooter.) But what you're describing has happened to me four times now. And every time I was convinced it was Trion's fault. And every time it was Charter Pipeline's fault.

If you're on a console and don't have any way to test for lost packets, the only way you're going to troubleshoot this successfully is to plug a Mac or a PC into your router and run the test from there.

Sliverbaer
09-18-2013, 02:54 PM
I submitted a ticket recently for just these same issues. Lag, Disconnects, and even PS3 lockups. (I have yet to hear a response.)

I admit I have had less CRITICAL Timeouts since the latest server patch, but still get them. I have been keeping a log. Recently though, when the lag gets bad I can tell when I'm about to disconnect, or if I logout, to quit the game and restart it, I know it is going to crash. Typically my TV goes black with the white lines and then the PS3 reboots.

I haven't played PC version in a week or so, but usually I don't get lag, so it is hard to guess when I'll get disconnected.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7352/9807730256_0d9f338921_o.png

Here's a PingPlotter (GUI ping+tracert) capture back on the 5th. Doesn't seem all that bad, but now that I think about it I can't remember if I had issues that night or not. Need to run it some more for testing. I'd expect to see solid red lines, if there was 100% packet loss, to cause a disconnect.

http://forums.defiance.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5711&d=1379540455

On PS3 I deleted all the game data for Defiance and re-downloaded it all after DLC1 was out to get all fresh files. I also did one of those re-indexing tasks from the safe boot mode. But, doesn't seem to have helped at all.

Next thing I can try is remove my router from the picture, but I don't like opening things up to the 'net.

I have a Netgear WNDR3700, TWC 20Mbps (usually get around 25-30Mbps).

JxSiN
09-18-2013, 03:15 PM
When it comes to this game, Speedtest doesn't tell you anything useful. It's not lack of bandwidth that's killing you. It's lack of network reliability. Look, I know it's easier to blame Trion than to troubleshoot an Internet connection. (And, truth be told, I've never seen an MMO freak out so badly over 1% packet loss, but that's probably because it's a shooter.) But what you're describing has happened to me four times now. And every time I was convinced it was Trion's fault. And every time it was Charter Pipeline's fault.

If you're on a console and don't have any way to test for lost packets, the only way you're going to troubleshoot this successfully is to plug a Mac or a PC into your router and run the test from there.

So, if my connection is reliable enough to stream music, videos off of youtube, HD movies off of Netflix, and other online multiplayer games without a hitch (often several of these at the same exact time--- still without a hitch), does that make the very same connection unreliable when just trying to run this, and only this, game? If my connection can handle that kind of workload yet Defiance still comes out glitchy and laggy I think it is time to stop blaming the connection and start blaming the game. But, hey, that's just the way I look at it. You know, logic and all.

Lillith Valerian
09-18-2013, 03:25 PM
So, if my connection is reliable enough to stream music, videos off of youtube, HD movies off of Netflix, and other online multiplayer games without a hitch (often several of these at the same exact time--- still without a hitch), does that make the very same connection unreliable when just trying to run this, and only this, game? If my connection can handle that kind of workload yet Defiance still comes out glitchy and laggy I think it is time to stop blaming the connection and start blaming the game. But, hey, that's just the way I look at it. You know, logic and all.

This is *exactly* what I was thinking, but I didn't bother posting it. Thanks.

Azubaz
09-18-2013, 10:42 PM

It's the game. I think that it may be unnecessary excess packet sending. Similar to the way video files get massive during conversion if you forget to use a compressor (or use the wrong one).

N3gativeCr33p
09-19-2013, 05:33 AM

Logic... it's a beautiful thing!

CRIXDA
09-19-2013, 05:42 AM
Lillith,
Sometime I suppose that It could be the game running choppy or whatever but why would it be more so on Your xbox than mine?
My system is wired and runs smooth.
My Nephew's is wired but runs choppy sometimes.
I don't know if it is a cache issue or something that is causing the xbox to run screwy.

Azubaz
09-19-2013, 06:34 AM
Lillith,
Sometime I suppose that It could be the game running choppy or whatever but why would it be more so on Your xbox than mine?
My system is wired and runs smooth.
My Nephew's is wired but runs choppy sometimes.
I don't know if it is a cache issue or something that is causing the xbox to run screwy.

It doesn't run great on PS3. Excess heat and frequent freezes, sometimes hard locks.

wildgun1005
09-19-2013, 06:46 AM
I personally have no problems playing this game any longer very rarely i lagout but that happens on any online game such as cod

N3gativeCr33p
09-19-2013, 07:02 AM
It doesn't run great on PS3. Excess heat and frequent freezes, sometimes hard locks.

And the same can be said when I try to play DCUO on my PS3... seriously, my cell phone has more RAM than a PS3 does.

Lillith Valerian
09-19-2013, 07:26 AM
Answer this.

We used to have three people in this house that would play, and now it's just me. Back when everyone did, on any given hour of a day, all three of us could have no problems at all. Then at other times, two of us would have no problems while a third would be COMPLETELY LOCKED OUT of the server, unable to gain access for hours at a time. Then other times, one of us would have no problems, while the other two would get constantly kicked, *even if just standing around doing nothing*.

And problems would 'rotate' between us. One of us would kicked timed out of Ark falls and lose all progress repeatedly for days...then a couple of days later, they would be fine, but it would then constantly happen to someone else. Another reoccurring classic is the 'frozen control' situation, where the game doesn't kick you...it's just that you can literally do nothing with your character except run around, and nothing more. All of these things and more continue to happen to me now, and I'm the only one left. It happens even when I'm the only one using the internet.

All three of us can stream HD movies at the same time without a single hiccup. EVER. All three of us play other online games together all the time with never a single problem. EVER. It's ONLY THIS GAME. The only time we've ever had ANY issues of ANY kind with ANYTHING is solely with this game.

It's conceivable that it's just a wild statistical anomaly. But if it looks, walks, and quacks like a duck, I am going to be very resistant to someone insisting it's a chicken....

Defy me
09-19-2013, 08:09 AM
ANYONE who says "its your connection, not the game" has NO IDEA what they speak of...

I STILL get lag, and my connection would murder 98% of you (hardwired to a buildings fibre optic, running 120 speed)

Its the game....not you...

Shreddi
09-19-2013, 08:16 AM

Weird cause I played and now play on worst connections available where I live. Now playing on a G4 or use my cell phone for connection and no lag/problems at all. I live in a canyon and nothing other then satellite (which will not work with multiplayer games). You have cable which is fast, seem to know your way around settings so that's a weird deal. Good luck with it.

SHADOWBROKER
09-19-2013, 10:04 AM
Answer this.

We used to have three people in this house that would play, and now it's just me. Back when everyone did, on any given hour of a day, all three of us could have no problems at all. Then at other times, two of us would have no problems while a third would be COMPLETELY LOCKED OUT of the server, unable to gain access for hours at a time. Then other times, one of us would have no problems, while the other two would get constantly kicked, *even if just standing around doing nothing*.

And problems would 'rotate' between us. One of us would kicked timed out of Ark falls and lose all progress repeatedly for days...then a couple of days later, they would be fine, but it would then constantly happen to someone else. Another reoccurring classic is the 'frozen control' situation, where the game doesn't kick you...it's just that you can literally do nothing with your character except run around, and nothing more. All of these things and more continue to happen to me now, and I'm the only one left. It happens even when I'm the only one using the internet.

All three of us can stream HD movies at the same time without a single hiccup. EVER. All three of us play other online games together all the time with never a single problem. EVER. It's ONLY THIS GAME. The only time we've ever had ANY issues of ANY kind with ANYTHING is solely with this game.

It's conceivable that it's just a wild statistical anomaly. But if it looks, walks, and quacks like a duck, I am going to be very resistant to someone insisting it's a chicken....whats up lill i know what your talking about and i have all of your problems as well. its not your internet or your router, i play defiance go box to box, kill things here and there and everything is fine. as soon as i get to a major or some times sieges i lag out with out lagging out i get to free walk all over the place but i cant call my car and its crazy. i pop this game right out and put im bf3 and game is working fine! me3 fine call CoD fine, its only with this game do i have problems..ONLY game. so i feel you all i can say is with the some tec i got their is no fix for this problem at the moment. so if you are a fan of this game as i sadly am all i can say is just roll with the punches. peace lill

Amack
09-19-2013, 01:03 PM
Answer this.

It's conceivable that it's just a wild statistical anomaly. But if it looks, walks, and quacks like a duck, I am going to be very resistant to someone insisting it's a chicken....

To make a long story short... everyone is not logging into the same machine. There are many servers in a server farm, which one you get signed into can affect your gameplay. There can be more than one server farm geologically speaking, and which one you get sent to can be determined by usage stats, etc.

Azubaz
09-19-2013, 06:38 PM
Weird cause I played and now play on worst connections available where I live. Now playing on a G4 or use my cell phone for connection and no lag/problems at all. I live in a canyon and nothing other then satellite (which will not work with multiplayer games). You have cable which is fast, seem to know your way around settings so that's a weird deal. Good luck with it.

I'm calling Bull **** on this. Satellite/phone internet on a FPS and you don't have lag/connection issues? You would have lag/connection issues with almost every game multiplayer. Satellite has a 1 sec ping (1000ms) and phone internet is based on your signal which cannot be very good in a canyon.

I currently have a 0.5 Mb/sec connection, **** for net. I don't use it to play the game because The only thing I can do is co-ops. If you go anywhere near an arkfall or siege with our connections it is instant d/c. The bad part is even on a 7 MB/sec connection I still have connection issues.

Sliverbaer
09-19-2013, 08:14 PM
Disconnected twice tonight.

Once while fast traveling to the crater to get to a Siege @ 10:15pm. When I logged back in, the siege wasn't in the phase I joined.
Again when the loading screen started for the Commander Cronkite Co-Op map @ 10:50pm.

Logged out at that point but had been running ping plotter....

You can see I started around 8:45pm, as the response times get choppier. No excessive packet loss from myself to auth2, but I do see dropped packets between me and my first hop to TWC. Oddly the times for the packet loss don't corresponded to when I got disconnected. /headscratch

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5343/9829609294_a1f5e9d81d_o.png

Amack
09-20-2013, 09:32 AM
Disconnected twice tonight.

Once while fast traveling to the crater to get to a Siege @ 10:15pm. When I logged back in, the siege wasn't in the phase I joined.
Again when the loading screen started for the Commander Cronkite Co-Op map @ 10:50pm.

Logged out at that point but had been running ping plotter....

You can see I started around 8:45pm, as the response times get choppier. No excessive packet loss from myself to auth2, but I do see dropped packets between me and my first hop to TWC. Oddly the times for the packet loss don't corresponded to when I got disconnected. /headscratch

My best guess Sliver would be that you are seeing the normal everyday traffic hiccups that all ISP's experience throughout the day. The lag and disconnect issues are happening behind Trion's firewalls.

Generally speaking if a tech company is having financial issues, they will sacrifice hardware/network performance before letting people go... in this case it was probably both.

Sliverbaer
09-20-2013, 04:43 PM
In the Live Stream today, towards the end, Trick did mention that there is a dev working on the lag and disconnects. "Full time" (Although, He did say the dev did recently make them a tool/utility the other devs could use for development.)

Pilot
09-20-2013, 04:45 PM
Just an idea.
I was going through some of the forums just trying to get an idea of some of the problems other people are having. When I came to this one. I have to say, I'm having all the same problems and more. You are right, patience is what everyone needs right now. Most of all the game is called Defiance, I think of the glitches as something that I have to over come and I defy them to stop me from ark hunting and making the perfect kill because I made the perfect weapon to do it. Fight, don't stop playing be Defiant. Pilot and Moya, we will keep going and have our fun.

Pilot
09-20-2013, 04:53 PM
Just an idea.
I was going through some of the forums just trying to get an idea of some of the problems other people are having. When I came to this one. I have to say, I'm having all the same problems and more. You are right, patience is what everyone needs right now. Most of all the game is called Defiance, I think of the glitches as something that I have to over come and I defy them to stop me from ark hunting and making the perfect kill because I made the perfect weapon to do it. Fight, don't stop playing, be Defiant. Pilot and Moya, we will keep going and have our fun.

Pilot
09-20-2013, 04:58 PM
Just an idea.
I was going through some of the forums just trying to get an idea of some of the problems other people are having. When I came to this one. I have to say, I'm having all the same problems and more. You are right, patience is what everyone needs right now. Most of all the game is called Defiance, I think of the glitches as something that I have to over come and I defy them to stop me from ark hunting and making the perfect kill because I made the perfect weapon to do it. Fight, don't stop playing, be Defiant. Pilot and Moya, we will keep going and have our fun.