PDA

View Full Version : Trolling in Defiance.

Nefarious
09-16-2013, 10:55 PM
I do this often. I go to Bug n Chug and agro the near by Volge Emergency that pops up frequent near by. I lore the Volge to BnC and they get caught up with killing the NPCs that stand around there. So the Volge will stay there right on top of BnC since the moment they kill an NPC they spawn back right away. And the Volge will stay to keep shooting them.

I do this and sit away with my sniper scope as I watch ppl fast travel to BnC only to pop up and be met by Volge guns. Its kinda funny watching ppl who cant hold there own against the Volge and get killed, only to respawn at BnC after death to get shot down again and again.

Its cruel but its funny.

Well this time around I sent a zone message saying "Come to Bug n Chug to get the good stuff!", seeing how everyone was complaining that no one is selling anything good. Tons of purple dots spawned and showed up at BnC only to be met by Volge and a message of me stating "lol meet my friends!".

This is fun but doesn't compare to my Borderlands troll jobs I would pull. Defiance is pretty tight. What else can I do other then this and shooting explosive barrels that ppl stand by that I don't like??

x3kingsheat136x
09-16-2013, 10:58 PM
That's hilarious.

Borderlands 2 trolling is more fun with a gunzerker 2 topneas and a sham hop into a random game and gunzerk with the topneas and it freezes their Xbox it's great fun lol this is also very cruel

Escyos
09-16-2013, 11:35 PM
I like leading Volge to Bug 'N' Chug. Even better if people have stopped there and left their computer, letting you kill others using the Volge.

Arsenic_Touch
09-16-2013, 11:39 PM
Let's hope someone opens up a ticket and reports you for griefing.

Nefarious
09-16-2013, 11:40 PM
That's hilarious.

Borderlands 2 trolling is more fun with a gunzerker 2 topneas and a sham hop into a random game and gunzerk with the topneas and it freezes their Xbox it's great fun lol this is also very cruel

In borderlands 1 I would enter a game full of noobs. Fresh off the boat noobs. Brand new player noobs. I would run ahead of them and I would agro a near by lvl 10 Skag Pup. The pup would travel a great distance by doing his leap attack at me. I would kite him to the gate that opens up after the tutorial to open up the world.

From there the noobs would be met with a Skag Puppy with a Bright Red Skull and Cross Bones above its head. And since they are level 1's they couldn't even hurt it because it was a level 10. And the Pup would do massive dmg to them. They would unload tons of bullets into it and do nothing, they would try to run but the Pups leap attack along with its lvl 10 power was a combo made in hell. The Pup would slaughter noobs every time.

The noobs then would be incapacitated waiting to be revived while the Pup would just be chewing on them.

They would say on their mics.."help us Nefarious! What are you doing help us!"

And I would reply.. "Im feeding you to my pet! Yes! Feed my minion...Feed!"

Them.."Help Us!"

Me.. "Silence!.. Feed.. Yes feed! Feed on them..Eat well."

Them..."you bastard Nefarious!!!"

There was also this spot in the beginning after the tutorial area that looked like a path that 'would' lead up to a ridge. But really it lead to the Out Of Zone Area where you would get shot by the Auto Turrets and be insta killed.

I would tell noobs that I know of a secret path that leads to 3 chests that has good loot. I would point them down in the direction and watch them walk into the No Zone. Unknowing to them I would see the laser sights of the turrets lock onto their backs as they walked away and shoot them dead.

Now these ppl being noobs they had no concept of Death in Borderlands and didn't know how it went about. Since at that point in the beginning they haven't been killed yet. They would get zapped by the turrets and then go into the cool Worm Hole animation. They would think they were going somewhere special...

They would be like "Whooooaaaaaaaa hahaha aahhh :D:D:D"

Only then to spawn back into the beginning and see that money was deducted from them.

They would be like "Where...are...wait. This is the beginning:confused:" And then realize what had been done and that I trolled them. My laughs would help them with figuring that out

Nefarious
09-16-2013, 11:43 PM

griefing? Griefing is sending someone constent trade or clan invites. I just fight eneimes and then run away. Im not doing the killing. The Volge are. And I don't force the Volge to stand around. The NPCs do that. And its a players choice to stick around and try to fight them off, I don't force them some way.

No point in a ticket, now that ppl know there wont be enough tickets to give out! Maybe the root of the problem should be fixed so this cant happen...Im a public servant for pointing this out.

And for all you know I could be lying about my exploits. I made all this up lol.

melkathi
09-16-2013, 11:57 PM

Sorry I reported him for confusing "there" with "their", "then" with "than" and "lore" with "lure". Someone else will have to report the griefing part ;)

Nefarious
09-17-2013, 12:03 AM
Sorry I reported him for confusing "there" with "their", "then" with "than" and "lore" with "lure". Someone else will have to report the griefing part ;)

http://www.miscupload.com/upload/671223544057618348776403.gif

That's not my fault. Its my computers fault for not correcting these things.

Nefarious
09-17-2013, 12:06 AM

My there-their's are solid. "Than" is old English and we don't use it anymore since after the new millennium.

And "lure"sounds just like "lore" when you say it, so no foul there...or their...or whatever....

melkathi
09-17-2013, 12:07 AM
Yes, the usual problem with spellcheck. It can't know what the correct word would be to use in a situation, so as long as it is a properly spelled word, it does not spot it. On the internet its ok. It really annoys me when I see it in books though, where an editor got paid money for supposedly proof reading it.

MacDeath
09-17-2013, 12:11 AM
@OP Stuff like that will cause people to stop playing or to play less often. Driving players away is bad for the game.

Nefarious
09-17-2013, 12:13 AM
@OP Stuff like that will cause people to stop playing or to play less often. Driving players away is bad for the game.

I agree. That area by Bug n Chug needs to be fixed. That Emergency so close by seems out of place as is.

melkathi
09-17-2013, 12:31 AM
My there-their's are solid. "Than" is old English and we don't use it anymore since after the new millennium.

And "lure"sounds just like "lore" when you say it, so no foul there...or their...or whatever....

Than and then are not the same word. Than is (normaly) comparative: you are a better PvPer than me. Then is temporal: first we joined the PvP match, then you proceeded to kill me repeatedly.

There shows location: You lured people to BnC and they went there. Their is posessive: They swapped to their tachmags to shoot the Volge.
To combine the two in one sentence: You tricked people to go to BnC. Once they got there they were attacked by Volge and could not hold their own.

"No foul there" is correct.

Lure and lore sound similar but not the same. It is the reason they are spelled differently. Though I can see where people would get confused.

SHADOWBROKER
09-17-2013, 12:59 AM

why? its funny to read and you get a good sence of who he is.

Pandur
09-17-2013, 02:07 AM
I do this often. I go to Bug n Chug and agro the near by Volge Emergency that pops up frequent near by. I lore the Volge to BnC and they get caught up with killing the NPCs that stand around there. So the Volge will stay there right on top of BnC since the moment they kill an NPC they spawn back right away. And the Volge will stay to keep shooting them.

I do this and sit away with my sniper scope as I watch ppl fast travel to BnC only to pop up and be met by Volge guns. Its kinda funny watching ppl who cant hold there own against the Volge and get killed, only to respawn at BnC after death to get shot down again and again.

Its cruel but its funny.

Well this time around I sent a zone message saying "Come to Bug n Chug to get the good stuff!", seeing how everyone was complaining that no one is selling anything good. Tons of purple dots spawned and showed up at BnC only to be met by Volge and a message of me stating "lol meet my friends!".

This is fun but doesn't compare to my Borderlands troll jobs I would pull. Defiance is pretty tight. What else can I do other then this and shooting explosive barrels that ppl stand by that I don't like??

Cookie or Goflclap, can't really decide.

crasher
09-17-2013, 02:08 AM
I've never gotten a sence in my life.

Thearl
09-17-2013, 04:35 AM
Ah, but doing that in Shadows Wars is considered good tactics. Call it practice for the screwy PvP we're curst with.
If the worst case scenario is -180 scrip, I can't really call that griefing or trolling. I was trolling when it was still just a fishing term.
Raise your hand if you remember this: Mammoth train to the newbie ramp. Double Avocets to the KSing campers. 'Spectre's out!' And anything to do with Karnor's. Without a death penalty or monks n' necros it's pretty hard to grief in Defiance.

Zugo
09-17-2013, 09:11 AM
I fight all the enemies around Bug'n Chug from that outpost. It's the best cover in the area if you're a sniper.

Call Me Gus
09-17-2013, 10:45 AM

Not sure if you're joking but Lure and Lore does NOT sound the same unless you have some kind of a speech problem.

Combo Breaker
09-17-2013, 10:49 AM
DO you troll with friends? Do you change the lyrics to a Coolio song and sing Trolling with my Homies while doing so?

JxSiN
09-17-2013, 12:00 PM
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/50/be/52/50be528238d0b334c772f4cadd9d9267.jpg

Kibblehouse
09-17-2013, 12:11 PM
WOW, How long have you been waiting for the chance to use that!

JxSiN
09-17-2013, 12:13 PM
WOW, How long have you been waiting for the chance to use that!

3 days. Just found that image then :)

Kibblehouse
09-17-2013, 12:16 PM
Just to be "on topic" Griefing or not it would only mean 1 death for me as my Char NEVER binds to Bug N Chug, its minorly annoying, but if I die there I always rez at my previous bind spot, most of the time its the place I fast traveled from.

LtRobbiesan
09-17-2013, 12:38 PM
LOL in general. although I do not do this myself, in the past I admit to telling some people on PC "just hit ALT+ F4" to see and chuckle at "[Player Name] has logged out". This was during my PC gaming days using GameSpy.

Nefarious
09-17-2013, 12:40 PM

Im only half bad. I also like to go to the E-Rep camp and give noobs 5-10k scrip. I see that they are a low level, take a look at the achievements to see if they are truly new, and if so I give them a lot of money for the hell of it. Thats if they can figure out how to accept my trade invite lol.

I also send out Zone msgs saying first person to come to me at so & so coordinates gets 10-15k or I put up a Legendary. And I always pay.

Couple of days ago I set up a Sword duel fight between 2 random ppl. 5k to each of them and a extra 5k to the winner. Im thinking of setting up a tournament but it was hard enough to get 2 ppl together to fight clean let alone 16 in a bracket. When I sent this message out ppl would come to my location and just start dueling and killing each other, then expect quick payment. They disregarded the 'swords only' rule and just gunned each other down. I had a few ppl just show up and do this. Shooting ppl in front of me and afterwards saying "You going to pay up?" It was total anarchy.

Anyway I mostly do good stuff. The thing with the Volge is just to watch a fire fight break out. Other ppl do it all the time at Iron Demon. If no one is standing AFK at the front gate then surly enough someone always kite the Volge past the gate and onto the farm to shoot everyone thats standing AFK by the vendors.

xilfxlegion
09-17-2013, 01:26 PM

Its cruel but its funny.

whenever one of my friends picks up the game and are just starting out --- after i teach them how to spawn on me --- i go to the golden gate bridge where the monolith would be, and tell them to spawn on me. then -- after the monolith kills them, i revive them and let it happen again and again.

one of my friends would jump the exact second i revived him, and the monolith missile hit him in the back and flung him into the water a couple hundred yards away lol . he doesnt play with me anymore though

Conneri
09-17-2013, 01:34 PM
The Bug n Chug one was funny a few times but now it's kinda meh for me. I slaughter the Volge then spend time rezzing the afk people because I'm a nice guy like that. Stop making me spend time being nice! :)

DreadRaver
09-17-2013, 01:35 PM
Yeah, BugNChug and Iron Demon are bad places to go AFK.

Headlands Transport, Top-Notch Toolworks, or the Overpass are the safest if I know I am going to be stepping away for few.

Atticus Batman
09-17-2013, 02:58 PM
LOL in general. although I do not do this myself, in the past I admit to telling some people on PC "just hit ALT+ F4" to see and chuckle at "[Player Name] has logged out". This was during my PC gaming days using GameSpy.

I used to do that in chatrooms when an annoying jerk was pissing people off. It's funny how only the annoying knowitalls fell for it. LOL

Atticus Batman
09-17-2013, 03:03 PM
Yeah, BugNChug and Iron Demon are bad places to go AFK.

Headlands Transport, Top-Notch Toolworks, or the Overpass are the safest if I know I am going to be stepping away for few.

Sometimes scrappers spawn close enough to kite into Overpass.Lucky for all the AFK'ers I snipe in game alot and usually go AFK while in the rafters at Overpass. So when I am in those rafters and see the crappers running amock, I watch a few people go down then I snipe away. The others on the ground can pick up the fallen. I am NOT leaving my perch just because a lil cyber puppy ate your face.

Mess7739
09-17-2013, 03:19 PM
I fight all the enemies around Bug'n Chug from that outpost. It's the best cover in the area if you're a sniper.

Yeah, it is a good spot to snipe from. I've led all kinds of enemies to BnC before just so I can complete the emergencies "solo", for the weapon skill experience and its a good spot to get the kills required for "Kill 5000 enemies that were also damaged by another player", for the Living to Kill V pursuit. I've never baited other players to the spot but I have witnessed some players who went AFK or just fast traveled to the spot go down under Volge fire or fall prey to relentless Hellbugs.

PunkMaister
09-17-2013, 05:13 PM
hmm, I have to admit that I've lured scrappers pursuing me into the overpass but not to get noobs killed since anyway for all intended purposes I'm still a NooB myself but to get some god damn action into the area, give everybody something to do other than to stare at each others game characters. I wish i could the same at other spots like the Iron Demons ranch or the Metalworks factory as it would be awesome to snipe at baddies from there for anyone.

crasher
09-17-2013, 06:02 PM
hmm, I have to admit that I've lured scrappers pursuing me into the overpass but not to get noobs killed since anyway for all intended purposes I'm still a NooB myself but to get some god damn action into the area, give everybody something to do other than to stare at each others game characters. I wish i could the same at other spots like the Iron Demons ranch or the Metalworks factory as it would be awesome to snipe at baddies from there for anyone.

Since * IN GAME* is the only place that you can:

1.) Look through your inventory,
2.) Look AT weapons in your inventory,
3.) Compare weapons in your inventory to OTHER weapons in your inventory,
4.) Modify weapons in your inventory,
5.) Scrap weapons in your inventory,
6.) Organize Load-outs,

7.) Chat with clan/friends,
8.) Set up meeting places with clan/friends,
9.) Plan events with clan/friends,
10.) Coordinate coop missions with clan/friends,

And sometimes pause for a bio-break while between any/all of the above, having firefights and generally dispensing justice to myriad badguys and evil critters.....

Who the hell are you to decide that peoples games and plans should be tossed into a blender for your n00b excitement because you didn't get enough hugs and aren't the center of attention?

You were griefing other people.
Admit it.

Honesty is one of the first steps to becoming housebroken and acceptable in polite society.

And I don't give a rats butt if you want to agree or not.

Strontium Dog
09-17-2013, 06:05 PM
griefing? Griefing is sending someone constent trade or clan invites. I just fight eneimes and then run away. Im not doing the killing. The Volge are. And I don't force the Volge to stand around. The NPCs do that. And its a players choice to stick around and try to fight them off, I don't force them some way.

No point in a ticket, now that ppl know there wont be enough tickets to give out! Maybe the root of the problem should be fixed so this cant happen...Im a public servant for pointing this out.

And for all you know I could be lying about my exploits. I made all this up lol.

First MMO then i guess?

You'll learn.

Youve got trolling and grieifng at complete polar opposites.

Sonic Rain Boom
09-17-2013, 06:40 PM
Hey everyone,

We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please. This thread is not constructive, so we have closed it.

Thanks!