PDA

View Full Version : Users still playing defiance?

kingsparxxxx84
09-17-2013, 06:20 PM
I had this game for maybe a few weeks then traded it in. It got boring really fast i mean it was a good game and all but then after doing the same thing over and over again. I guess it might be different not cuz this was like in april or may when i bought it.

Punisher Illinois Blue
09-17-2013, 06:35 PM
I had this game for maybe a few weeks then traded it in. It got boring really fast i mean it was a good game and all but then after doing the same thing over and over again. I guess it might be different not cuz this was like in april or may when i bought it.

I like It, as far as I know its the only MMO rpg on a game system so I can't compair it to other MMOs because I can't play them. My computer is custom built to play 1998 games only. So until I see a game that is better than Star Wars TIE Fighter and is computer only game I prob wont be trying out other MMOs anytime soon.

divaldo
09-17-2013, 06:38 PM
I'm new to mmo but been playing defiance since first week after launch and I'm still here.

RedXVIII
09-17-2013, 06:40 PM
I still play. Love it and hate it sometimes.

JxSiN
09-17-2013, 06:50 PM
I like It, as far as I know its the only MMO rpg on a game system so I can't compair it to other MMOs because I can't play them. My computer is custom built to play 1998 games only. So until I see a game that is better than Star Wars TIE Fighter and is computer only game I prob wont be trying out other MMOs anytime soon.

DC Universe Online
World of Tanks
Final Fantasy XIV
Dust 514
Diablo III (technically)
Free Realms

Those are out right now. Come 2014, there are going to be a lot more MMOs on consoles

Mess7739
09-17-2013, 06:50 PM
I still like playing Defiance, I don't get to play that often but I still enjoy playing. I like trying out different weapons, perks, tactics, exploring the game world and doing events with my fellow CORE members when I can. I'm leveling up some weapons for ego and to complete pursuits, I thought I'd hate some of them but found out I actually like them a lot, I've respecced a few times trying things out. If they prioritized fixing the bugs, the lag & the PvP what not, it'd probably refer Defiance to my friends.

kingsparxxxx84
09-17-2013, 07:11 PM
Yeah sounds like people still do lol. Maybe one of these days i might pick it up again. Is there a mobile app for this site?

Chump Norris
09-17-2013, 07:15 PM
I log in and leech Arkfalls so I can try to open a T4 a night.

J_matt
09-17-2013, 08:03 PM
Ive played since launch and i still am playing it. Dont ask me why because i dont even know the answer to it.... Btw defiance is probably the only mmo on xbox as far as i know were ps3 has a variety...

Escyos
09-17-2013, 08:08 PM
I don't equate a games worth based on minor problems or something as trivial as graphics. I look at the story and how it develops to see if a game is truly worth my time. And Defiance is very much worth my time.

Cosmicus
09-17-2013, 08:13 PM
Ahuum 64 vs 64 players is not funn for you ? + it is a SOTER MMORPG, for wat MMORPG game company game do you work you ar makeing bad marketing that is wat ar you doing..

deanon
09-17-2013, 10:54 PM
I just bought the game after playing trial.
Its just 14$, way worth it imo even if i dont know how pvp is like yet.

KeevanSixx
09-17-2013, 11:19 PM
well...you could look at it from a different point of view, and see where you fit in. Is it fun? for the most part....yes. rough around the edges? absolutely (but hopefully getting better). boring? depends on your point of view.....do you EXPECT to be entertained, or do you charge out, guns blazing, and entertain yourselves?

It's all in how you choose to look at the world....me?....right now I see a slightly limping puppy that needs a lot of TLC, a B-12 shot, maybe a splint or two (or three), and a good scratch behind it's ears. Still fun to play with at times, but it's afflictions are hurting it's chances of say, chasing down a ball in a pond, or running circles around the older dogs, thought it tries it's darndest to please. It's still cute and fluffy, and good for a laugh....but we're hoping the vet doesn't come along and euthanize it before it's had a chance to grow up.

as a community, we've already seen it hit rock bottom....it doesn't take a technical degree in computer engineering to see something was very very wrong in the state of Denmark. From chaos and destruction comes creation and rebirth. The only direction from bottom is up or oblivion.....only question is....how soon?

I still play...granted it no longer takes up a big portion of my time anymore (gotta earn tha benjamins, yo!) but it's a nice fallback whenever I feel a need to pump hot digital lead into assorted baddies.

I guess i'm the last of a dying breed of hopeless dreamers that would like to see the game succeed in spite of itself....either that, or i'm completely bat shyte crazy.....either way, it's still a fun ride and worth the price of admission.

Kampo242519
09-17-2013, 11:24 PM
Bought Diablo 3 and thought that was that, but I have been on defiance more, than D3 . I do enjoy it, love SW, doing pursuits and the occasional T bagin at an Arkfall. Aside I may be over 4200 ego but purposely haven't not beat the game yet- still on Marin lol so I still have things to play for.

Atticus Batman
09-18-2013, 02:44 AM
DC Universe Online
World of Tanks
Final Fantasy XIV
Dust 514
Diablo III (technically)
Free Realms

Those are out right now. Come 2014, there are going to be a lot more MMOs on consoles

Here's another list
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?114855-List-of-Console-MMOS
But I got tired of updating it, sorry

SydSynister
09-18-2013, 02:58 AM
I've been a daily player since getting the game a few weeks after it came out, and I don't intend to stop anytime soon.
Love the game, and haven't found anything else like it to switch to (tried Diablo 3... it's ok in small doses, but I don't really see what the fuss was about. I get bored with it much faster than Defiance)

August Barkley
09-18-2013, 03:06 AM
Vacation is coming to the end, so I can not play for a while anyway. However ... I was disappointed long before that. The game is good, but the developers are dragging it into the swamp from which there is no escape. Now I play "Blood Brothers" on Android. :D

Aeothena
09-18-2013, 03:36 AM
Around 2 month clean, I've thought of popping the disk in the Xbox, but no. I Bought D3 to play with friends who has also abandoned Defiance instead. Thinking of buying last map pack to H4, I think of buying any DLC for a game except Defiance.

After all the glitches, bugs and static gaming for a few month I got tired and left. I might pick it up after season 2 airs. Not that I Watch the show (wich sux schtaco), but it might bring something new to the game...

Then again, when that happens, Destiny will be out, new console, I donít know if I'll even keep my Xbox 360...

Thearl
09-18-2013, 04:54 AM
Depends on timezone more than anything. I popped on yesterday around 4pm EST bound to top notch. Hit the map, saw there was a scrapper arkfall that had just popped in san fran (5 minors still up). I decided to make the Marin vendor circle before heading to the progenitor event in the arkfall. After hitting all 7 vendors (TP, Muir, the Port, Last Chance, and the hiddens) i hit map and there are still three minors up in that arkfall. So, I QT to overpass and head tot he closest. 10 minutes left on the arkfall and the minor I hit still has two of the shield spires up. There were 5 players, including myself. I swap to my wolfhound/det loadout and by the time we get the shields down on the last minor, 30 seconds left. First time I've seen a major scrapper go pop due to lack of interest since early alpha. That's NA PC too. Makes me wonder if there might be too many shards for the current population.

Pasha
09-18-2013, 06:09 AM
No, I play APB Reloaded (it's better in every single feature except for PvE).

Just checking forums to see if there was new DLC.

N3gativeCr33p
09-18-2013, 07:05 AM
I still play, but my overall Defiance playing time will drop significantly... now that a certain crime simulator was released to the public yesterday.

Ashvan Aeronor
09-18-2013, 07:35 AM
Still playing but less that before. After hitting 5000 in ego ive lost interest. Only a few pursuits left, but none of them will reward me With anything other than ark keys. Im not even sure i will try to grind for them. Mabye its time to try out SWTOR again.

Danny cranfield
09-18-2013, 07:38 AM

if u don't like or play it why are you here/

badprocess
09-18-2013, 07:40 AM
I'm still playing Defiance, every days (pratically), since his launch.

LITTLE B1RD
09-18-2013, 08:25 AM
The first month or so that I started playing, Defiance was all I wanted to play.

I still play for about an hour or so when I get off work, but will usually pop in another game to play before calling it a night.

I have not finished the game for either of the characters I have (one on NA, one on EU) and I'm not trying to grind the pursuits (most of the outfits offered don't really interest me), or the weapon leveling.

I have not tried pvp. I have not tried Shadow Wars, either. I still have lots of side quests to do.

I invested in the SP, so I will be around for a long time, mainly because I'm not going to burn myself out on it.

There are so many things to do, that I can choose an activity depending on my mood.

On a side note, one of my biggest disappointments with this game is the social aspect. I really expected more people to have mics enabled and to be actually talking, but oh well.

rebtattoo
09-18-2013, 09:21 AM
On a side note, one of my biggest disappointments with this game is the social aspect. I really expected more people to have mics enabled and to be actually talking, but oh well.

This is my biggest disappointment also. I have been playing daily since mid-July. I love the game, but am not trying to kill it early by rushing through everything. I play 2-4 hours a night, and just enjoy a relaxed pace of sieges, AF's, and dailys.

The game still entertains me, glitches and all!

cybergirl007
09-18-2013, 09:57 AM
I am still playing.

LtRobbiesan
09-18-2013, 12:37 PM
Still playing, but less than I used to.

At this time, decided to start anodhter playthrough of Dragon Age: Origins, then to DAII to prep a new save for DA:I. Mind you, I hear you can choose anyway in the Dragon Keep (or somethinglike that), but I did find DA:O to be fun. Also, still playing some Mass Effect 3 MP. That is still fun. :)

vizibledog
09-18-2013, 12:49 PM
I still play but I've been too busy stealing cars these past few days.

Cicuta Lupus
09-18-2013, 12:58 PM
Still playing as well. Pretty much every day for a good... few hours.

I would have my mic on and talk to people, but I've been told that it's too loud so I keep all my channels muted now, since apparently it disturbs people.

royal
09-18-2013, 01:34 PM

Agreed.

Which is why DLC#2 is about 6 months late. From what I saw, the arkfall interior lends itself nicely to group chat/missions.

Last few days have been spent seeing how far off map I can go. There's two places to get off-map in the north that I know of. Nothing there, nothing to do but . . . interesting.

Sliverbaer
09-18-2013, 03:30 PM
Casual Player: Still playing a few hours a night. PS3 and/or PC.

I tend to go for games with Story. Assassin's Creed, Dead Space, Batman, Resident Evil, Zelda, even Final Fantasy (non-online), Dragonage etc. Don't care much for the online modes of those games. TIE Fighter and X-Wing Alliance were awesome!

MMOs I've played:

Everquest - loved lower levels, got sick of subscription fees
Everquest 2 - didn't play enough to keep up with guildies, got sick of subscription fees
Star Wars Galaxies - bugs? you've heard of this game right? it was filled with 'em so much they revamped the game a few times! Got sick of subscription fees
Final Fantasy - damn I hated that game, such a waste of money, didn't even pay the subs after the initial purchase.
World of Warcraft - meh
Lord of the Rings online - meh
Star Wars the Old Republic - so much story in this, but lots of running around, I still play it now and again. Man is the space fighter disappointing though.
Rift. I play a little here and there. I think I'm level 25 and I'm still not quite sure what is going on though.
DC Universe Online - quests got old, seemed to do the same ones for all characters. not much 'story' but I did like my characters. I still have it so I can fire it back on on PS3.
Some other random f2p mmo games...

There were a few other random F2P games, I don't even remember their names. Not fond of subscription fees, being a casual player.

I'll keep playing Defiance until they shut the servers off. In between there will always be new games to play through, (ie AC4) but hopefully Defiance (game and show) will stick around for awhile.

Wraieth
09-18-2013, 08:54 PM
Casual Player: Still playing a few hours a night. PS3 and/or PC.

I tend to go for games with Story. Assassin's Creed, Dead Space, Batman, Resident Evil, Zelda, even Final Fantasy (non-online), Dragonage etc. Don't care much for the online modes of those games. TIE Fighter and X-Wing Alliance were awesome!

MMOs I've played:
d
Everquest - loved lower levels, got sick of subscription fees
Everquest 2 - didn't play enough to keep up with guildies, got sick of subscription fees
Star Wars Galaxies - bugs? you've heard of this game right? it was filled with 'em so much they revamped the game a few times! Got sick of subscription fees
Final Fantasy - damn I hated that game, such a waste of money, didn't even pay the subs after the initial purchase.
World of Warcraft - meh
Lord of the Rings online - meh
Star Wars the Old Republic - so much story in this, but lots of running around, I still play it now and again. Man is the space fighter disappointing though.
Rift. I play a little here and there. I think I'm level 25 and I'm still not quite sure what is going on though.
DC Universe Online - quests got old, seemed to do the same ones for all characters. not much 'story' but I did like my characters. I still have it so I can fire it back on on PS3.
Some other random f2p mmo games...

There were a few other random F2P games, I don't even remember their names. Not fond of subscription fees, being a casual player.

I'll keep playing Defiance until they shut the servers off. In between there will always be new games to play through, (ie AC4) but hopefully Defiance (game and show) will stick around for awhile.

Hey you might want to give neverwinter a try its pretty good free to play. For me what makes it interesting is the forge quests. Some of them are very well desighned and a lot of fun to play. to me its not a play ever day game but it does have some interesting content. And theres always something new to do.