PDA

View Full Version : Recent post for DLC 2: feedback

Jeminai
09-18-2013, 05:30 PM
Although others have stated similar views to mine, i still have to express my concerns.
the majority of what has been listed in the
site update is game/ui "changes".
the kind of thing that should be coming out in patches.
apparently we paid seasonal passes so you can do the work you are meant to be doing constantly.
I wonder how you are going to differentiate paid from free DLC with a bunch of tweaks and buffs???

"DLC" Down Loadable CONTENT! not tweaks and fixes.
players now require expansion to the defiance world to hold our interest,
not polish, shine, bells and whistles. this feels like another step away from the MMO aspects...
there is only so many times we can repeat the same actions before losing interest/patience... I'd prefer to reach 5k ego doing something NEW, over and over :P

don't get me wrong, i love defiance and I see the potential it holds, but why is it being so badly steered?
I know this is a new style of game in some ways but that doesn't mean you shouldn't learn from predecessor's and pier's failures and successes. i think you will find as players our input is almost entirely based on what we experience in other games. (others are learning from your mistakes no doubt).
or by all means shock us with totally original concepts!

so many great aspects that could be implemted seem overlooked.
must be a skeleton crew over there...
please don't lose sight of what makes defiance unique.
expansion of the experience, being the defiance universe, its inhabitants and storyline should now be paramount and prompt.

Valdrane78
09-18-2013, 06:10 PM
The only way we are going to get what we want is to buckle down and STOP spending our money on the junk they offer us. That is unlikely however, because many people who still play are emphatic that they will buy whatever DLC Trion offers us.

I and many others however, refuse to pay Trion any more money until they fix the game.

Hit em where it hurts.

noladude
09-18-2013, 06:42 PM
I haven't played defianc in almost 2 months mostly due to bordem. I'll never come out a bash this game because I truly enjoyed it for a long time. Unfortunately, if there is NO NEW REAL STORY CONTENT in the next DLC, I will most likely continue to not play. Sad truth. Hats off to those who continue to stick around. Hopefully there are enough of you around to keep defiance going and maybe improve.

paullt
09-18-2013, 06:43 PM
Agree with this, there is onlu so many volge invasions and arkfalls that I can do. Its not a game anymore its becoming a chore to keep repeatedly doing the same stuff over and over again. The weapons are in desperate need of a makeover and dont get me started about how many key codes I have had to earn to open lock boxes or should I say Boxes of disappointment as I have rarely had anything decent out of them, in fact I pick up loot often better than what comes out of the lock boxes. DLC needs to be good decent downloadable content, not tweaks ( or even twerks) give us what we've paid for as Im sure that there are lots out there that have bought the season pass on the premise of DLC

Jeminai
09-18-2013, 07:14 PM
I'm picturing a year later a map that's so cluttered with stuff to do and no one doing it...

MacDeath
09-19-2013, 04:13 AM
Although others have stated similar views to mine, i still have to express my concerns.
the majority of what has been listed in the
site update is game/ui "changes".
the kind of thing that should be coming out in patches.
apparently we paid seasonal passes so you can do the work you are meant to be doing constantly.
I wonder how you are going to differentiate paid from free DLC with a bunch of tweaks and buffs???

"DLC" Down Loadable CONTENT! not tweaks and fixes.
players now require expansion to the defiance world to hold our interest,
not polish, shine, bells and whistles. this feels like another step away from the MMO aspects...
there is only so many times we can repeat the same actions before losing interest/patience... I'd prefer to reach 5k ego doing something NEW, over and over :P

don't get me wrong, i love defiance and I see the potential it holds, but why is it being so badly steered?
I know this is a new style of game in some ways but that doesn't mean you shouldn't learn from predecessor's and pier's failures and successes. i think you will find as players our input is almost entirely based on what we experience in other games. (others are learning from your mistakes no doubt).
or by all means shock us with totally original concepts!

so many great aspects that could be implemted seem overlooked.
must be a skeleton crew over there...
please don't lose sight of what makes defiance unique.
expansion of the experience, being the defiance universe, its inhabitants and storyline should now be paramount and prompt.
IMO, Trion bundles fixes in with DLC to save time and money. If they have a game fix patch seperate from the DLC, both have to go through certification on MS and Sony, that cost a lot of money AND delays when the DLC can be released. It is poor programming practice to bundle so many things into one download but it's good business practice.