PDA

View Full Version : I need help, what is the best way to destroy vehicles?

Punisher Illinois Blue
09-18-2013, 05:42 PM
All I need to do to get the Shadow Operative title is kill 50 vehicles and I am not doing well. I figured I would just focus on just killing vehicles in Shadow Wars and after 8 hours of trying to kill vehicles I only got 4 kills -_-
I figured in that time I would have gotten 50 kills.

Anyway the problems I have noticed are...

1:I kill vehicles half the time with other vehicles
2 Missle launchers do nothing to four wheelers, I have tried the VOT MASS, the Guided ANTI Vehicle, the Guided two shot, and the Interceptor.
3 Grenade launchers barly do anything most the time they do no damage when the do they 70% the time only kill the driver.

I have cloak shadow strike and wrecking ball maxed yet I am getting bad results and I dont get it esp since people total me and my vehicle with much less than what I throw at them. To top it off players have noticed I am going for vehicle kills and have been jumping off their vehicles before I get a kill.

Oh and I got a 2nd question when you get a head shot it will always show the head shot symbol right? I just got that award for 50 PvP head shots in Shadow Wars with my Purple level Lightning Cyclone... I think. I say I think because the award poped 2 min after I last used it. I was using the VOT Disruptor and not once did I get the head shot icon.

Call Me Gus
09-18-2013, 05:46 PM
i think a Meteor Bolter do extra damage to vehicles but i don't know how much.

HELLS
09-18-2013, 05:49 PM
The best way to do it is to get on the opposite team as a clan mate in a sw and find a mutual spot that yall can meet and get him to launch his vehicle and destroy his vehicle while he is on it, it would be a lot faster with more than one helping.

nathanpbutler
09-18-2013, 05:59 PM
The best way to do it is to get on the opposite team as a clan mate in a sw and find a mutual spot that yall can meet and get him to launch his vehicle and destroy his vehicle while he is on it, it would be a lot faster with more than one helping.

That is definitely the easiest way to do it.

If you're trying to do it in straight combat, you might try a Derailer sniper rifle with the Wrecking Ball perk applied. That worked for me to kill Hannibals often in one shot.

Maixx
09-18-2013, 06:06 PM
Derailer bolt action sniper + wrecking ball perk.
1 shots runners and 2-3 for cerbs, against players not using crash test dummy perk.

Edit:
You can actually 1 shot cerbs if there is only 1 player in it (w/o CTD) and their cerberus skill is low enough.

Punisher Illinois Blue
09-18-2013, 06:17 PM
Derailer bolt action sniper + wrecking ball perk.
1 shots runners and 2-3 for cerbs, against players not using crash test dummy perk.

Can I buy the Derailer or do I have to quest for it till it drops?

Dandrielas
09-18-2013, 06:41 PM

Which platform are you on?

Mess7739
09-18-2013, 06:42 PM

You get rewarded one after finishing the "Lost in Transit" side mission from Rosa Rodriguez, at Top-Notch Toolworks.

Maixx
09-18-2013, 08:11 PM

Their just like any other item, just none available through vendors.
They vary from white common to nice Orange legendary. And the Derailer works fine as a normal bolt action sniper, not just for destroying vehicles.

Edit:
Another important thing, when going for your vehicle kills you need to hit the vehicle not the person driving them, killing the driver does not count as a vehicle kill.

Punisher Illinois Blue
09-27-2013, 01:44 PM
Thank you everyone for yor suggestion for killing vehicles and finishing the Shadow War objectives. I love my new Shadow Op title!!! I just dont understand how the derailer does a better job at killing vehicles than rockets and grenade launchers.

Atticus Batman
09-27-2013, 01:53 PM
Thank you everyone for yor suggestion for killing vehicles and finishing the Shadow War objectives. I love my new Shadow Op title!!! I just dont understand how the derailer does a better job at killing vehicles than rockets and grenade launchers.

That's easy, rockets have been VERY nerfed, and detonators work best, if they are placed on the ground and detonated as the vehicle drives over it.

Punisher Illinois Blue
09-27-2013, 02:10 PM
I did what you said to do with detnators. The last one one I used had a mag of 7, vel + 4 damage 1300 synergy assassin with four mods with assassin. I would duck and cloak before enemies showed up and I used shadow strike, yet a 3rd to a 4th of those kills counted as vehicle kills. It should be cause the vehicle was closest to the detnators and I saw them explode at the same time the person would die.

Atticus Batman
09-27-2013, 02:18 PM
I did what you said to do with detnators. The last one one I used had a mag of 7, vel + 4 damage 1300 synergy assassin with four mods with assassin. I would duck and cloak before enemies showed up and I used shadow strike, yet a 3rd to a 4th of those kills counted as vehicle kills. It should be cause the vehicle was closest to the detnators and I saw them explode at the same time the person would die.

If you are going for people kills while they are in the Cerberus, that is easy too. Either snipe the driver as he tries going up a ramp in a garage, or cloak run up and throw a detonator or 2 on them, then run off and detonate. Boom goes the driver.

I always have a Derailer with me, sadly I just sold my 2 extras cuz I love the one I have more. I also now have 2 guns with the wrecker synergy on them. So those make for a nice Vehicle killer loadout.

Punisher Illinois Blue
09-27-2013, 02:37 PM
If you are going for people kills while they are in the Cerberus, that is easy too. Either snipe the driver as he tries going up a ramp in a garage, or cloak run up and throw a detonator or 2 on them, then run off and detonate. Boom goes the driver.

I always have a Derailer with me, sadly I just sold my 2 extras cuz I love the one I have more. I also now have 2 guns with the wrecker synergy on them. So those make for a nice Vehicle killer loadout.

Now I am just killing anything I see but when I was after vehicle kills only, most weapons did not get me vehicle kills, not even if I only shot the vehicle and it blew up withe person still on said vehicle. I actully started screaming alot because of all the piloted vehicles I blew up that wernt counting as vehicle kills.

Once I got that derailer though everything changed it was easy getting those just like in halo 3 & 4 with Spartan Laser. JFYI Spartan laser in game can burn through two heavy human tanks, two heavy alien tanks, two choopers, and six troop transport support vehicles with just one beam. Now that is my kind of anti vehicle weapon.