PDA

View Full Version : Too many payments.

DragonFall
04-02-2013, 01:32 AM
First of all I would like to state that I am a fan of Trion Games and therefor I am saying this out of respect. I believe that their new business model is quite ridiculous. They sit and claim that this is a pay once and play game, but forgot to mention the micro transactions within the game which will make it a pay to win game. Also remember this, its an 18+ game, and I will speak for the majority of that age and say that this element will discourage players from either continuing or buying the game as a whole. I love the concept behind Defiance and think its genius to link it to a television series, but the company is selling a semi-full experience of one game for 59.99 (standard) + 39.99 (deluxe) + 39.999 (season pass), which I have respectively purchased. After release now if you want to buy credits to get items and many things that will enhance your player you have to pay between 4.99 and 49.99. This micro transaction for credits is a greedy Russian model which turns a really good game, into a pay to win game. It can also change ways people look at the company.

This game had a successful launch, make sure it stays successful!

karlosthemarra
04-02-2013, 01:35 AM
First of all I would like to state that I am a fan of Trion Games and therefor I am saying this out of respect. I believe that their new business model is quite ridiculous. They sit and claim that this is a pay once and play game, but forgot to mention the micro transactions within the game which will make it a pay to win game. Also remember this, its an 18+ game, and I will speak for the majority of that age and say that this element will discourage players from either continuing or buying the game as a whole. I love the concept behind Defiance and think its genius to link it to a television series, but the company is selling a semi-full experience of one game for 59.99 (standard) + 39.99 (deluxe) + 39.999 (season pass), which I have respectively purchased. After release now if you want to buy credits to get items and many things that will enhance your player you have to pay between 4.99 and 49.99. This micro transaction for credits is a greedy Russian model which turns a really good game, into a pay to win game. It can also change ways people look at the company.

This game had a successful launch? Really?

On the micro transactions though, it wasn't as if it was NEVER mentioned by the devs, I had heard of this "Russian" business model a hell of a lot before release, but maybe because I checked the forums daily or something, I don't know.

DFawkes
04-02-2013, 01:39 AM
Micros-transactions are optional, aren't they? There isn't really any way to pay to win. You can probably pay for more options earlier in the game, such as a larger range of weapons, but you can still only equip the same amount. I just really don't see the problem, as long as they don't start releasing guns that are significantly more powerful and only available for real money.

Rush
04-02-2013, 01:40 AM
sever issues on launch day should be expected, but yea anyways. It has been mentioned about micro transactions numerous times. If you did not know about it, then you obviously have not payed attention. Just play the game. You bought it. Play it. Or your money was wasted, i know its a crappy model but i should have seen this coming when i watched the intro vid on youtube and saw that the CEO/owner of trion was Russian? At least he sounded like it.

Zyvaks
04-02-2013, 01:41 AM

i would like ask two things:
1. how is it "pay to win"
2. how is it a "successful launch"

please explain these to me in great detail, i have a small brain you see.

Dr D Wayne Love
04-02-2013, 01:41 AM

Examples of pay to win items please?

Kyro
04-02-2013, 01:43 AM
Small 10% bonuses to exp, scrip etc and lock boxes? The only thing that COULD make it potentially pay to win is the lock boxes but you can easily and I mean EASILY buy them with in-game currency without spending a dime. It's really just for lazy people but even if someone was to buy lots of lock boxes, they still need higher EGO to be able to get higher EGO weapons off of lock boxes(I'm right there, right?), perks and upgrade their perks.

So they still have to play for a long time, maybe a little less than someone who doesn't buy boosts but still a long time to get to 5000 EGO. The keys(right name? lol) are also easy to get in-game that you need to be able to buy lock boxes. The thing that bothers me is the price of the damn costumes lol.

Davisto
04-02-2013, 01:46 AM

launch is successful for some not all so no its not successful as for the micro transaction its there if you want it i wont be buying nothing in game except with the bits i get at launch from GAME besides the worst company that uses microtransaction is ea for me lmao

Chappy
04-02-2013, 01:47 AM
Nothing is pay to win, in 8 hours i bought 5 level 2 lock boxes with in game currency...there are vendor trucks that refresh every hour with weapons bought with in game currency..with all the different things you bought with the game you should never need inventory slots...unless looking bad *** is now considered pay to win i think you are sadly mistaken

Golgo28
04-02-2013, 01:48 AM
sever issues on launch day should be expected, but yea anyways. It has been mentioned about micro transactions numerous times. If you did not know about it, then you obviously have not payed attention. Just play the game. You bought it. Play it. Or your money was wasted, i know its a crappy model but i should have seen this coming when i watched the intro vid on youtube and saw that the CEO/owner of trion was Russian? At least he sounded like it.

first off how is it a cray buisness model.The micotransactions give no one an edge over other players.they are essentially cosmetic items and various boost for things like xp and scrip.None of these microtransactions are required they are completely optional.The truth is the game is not pay to win,the OP needs to actually learn what pay to win is.In fact I question if he has even bought the game.After all ant on can set up a trion wolds account without buying the game.How do we know he's not just trolling.Obviously he doesn't have his facts straight.So I call bs on the OP.

Chappy
04-02-2013, 01:50 AM
Parents, this is what happens when you buy your children 18+ rated games, the community is forced to babysit them while they have their temper tantrums.....

Davisto
04-02-2013, 01:54 AM
Parents, this is what happens when you buy your children 18+ rated games, the community is forced to babysit them while they have their temper tantrums.....

sh** im out of diapers can you run to the shop im making the kids dinner loool :P

Rush
04-02-2013, 01:55 AM
first off how is it a cray buisness model.The micotransactions give no one an edge over other players.they are essentially cosmetic items and various boost for things like xp and scrip.None of these microtransactions are required they are completely optional.The truth is the game is not pay to win,the OP needs to actually learn what pay to win is.In fact I question if he has even bought the game.After all ant on can set up a trion wolds account without buying the game.How do we know he's not just trolling.Obviously he doesn't have his facts straight.So I call bs on the OP.

i was trying to feed the troll lol i should have sounded more sarcastic

Chappy
04-02-2013, 01:57 AM
sh** im out of diapers can you run to the shop im making the kids dinner loool :P

LMAO!

I've been on the forums all night /facepalming

Chappy
04-02-2013, 01:59 AM
" *cries* what do you mean i have to claim my rewards!!! why arent they just given to me, this is too hard!!!"

DragonFall
For the success of the launch I know that certain retailers both online and walk-in stores have sold higher than their expected number. I agree my information shouldn't be related to the international launch of the game. As for play to win, as of now you have nothing when it comes to weapons, but lock boxes should be limited or it will affect the game. Also I think giving people advantage to advance in the game at a faster pace than others because of the so called "boosts" is unfair. I am going to play it, and I know I'll enjoy it, but I'm very disappointed on how they built this model and will never buy Bits, specially for their sad 10$ costumes! Don't make people hate on your game because of greed :p

Davisto
LMAO!

I've been on the forums all night /facepalming

well while your at the shop get some cream to ease the soreness of your head due to the massive amount of facepalming :P lol

Davisto
04-02-2013, 02:03 AM
" *cries* what do you mean i have to claim my rewards!!! why arent they just given to me, this is too hard!!!"
i knew there would be problems with the reward system im guessing it has something to do with the link to console or whatever

DragonFall
04-02-2013, 02:07 AM

Trolling? I own Defiance and I also own Rift. The only person talking BS here is you. Why make xp and scrip boost? Why add bits? The game has been designed as a pay to win model. If certain items aren't released yet does not necessarily mean they wont be. The idea of XP and scrip boost alone is a greed model. If you don't like comments, don't reply. Don't call me out on an issue that is opinionated, go spend your money on your pretty costumes.

Chappy
04-02-2013, 02:08 AM
For the success of the launch I know that certain retailers both online and walk-in stores have sold higher than their expected number. I agree my information shouldn't be related to the international launch of the game. As for play to win, as of now you have nothing when it comes to weapons, but lock boxes should be limited or it will affect the game. Also I think giving people advantage to advance in the game at a faster pace than others because of the so called "boosts" is unfair. I am going to play it, and I know I'll enjoy it, but I'm very disappointed on how they built this model and will never buy Bits, specially for their sad 10$ costumes! Don't make people hate on your game because of greed :p

Boost or not, it wont matter. If you play more than a boosted character you will be higher. If you dont play much, a non-boosted character will be higher than you. Its not a race, which is what im getting from some people complaining about a few hundred being let in early to test things. I never plan on buying bits, i can get everything i want, including costumes completing in game quests. Inventory and lock boxes can be purchased using in game currency. Ive got 6 vehicles already just from buying on steam/pre-order. It is there for people who may like something they see, the devs should be able to make money on extra stuff. I wish people would understand you need bits like you need a bad case of herpes....not at all...i hope atleast

Vilmu
04-02-2013, 02:25 AM
Someone does not get what pay to win is.

It is not pay to win, if you can get the stuff without paying for it (with real money).
However, if only way of getting that sniper rifle with 500 million damage and 100% crit chance is real money and it cannot be acquired by other means (without paying). Then it is pay to win.

edit: Was replying to OP.

Chappy
04-02-2013, 02:27 AM
Not sure what OP is mad about either. I guess he just doesnt like it being there at all. Like it doesnt cost money to maintain servers every month....

Blastiel
04-02-2013, 02:28 AM
It's a service, you can pay or not. Choice is yours.