PDA

View Full Version : Reason for no weapon exp while killing enimies during arenas

Lightningman
09-18-2013, 08:29 PM
As the question above says, I hope it's not intended because the arenas would be a great way to kill things with a rocket luncher or another weapon u really need to level. Great for grinding and would give more reason come back to them. Idk what are your thoughts on it?

Big Jack Shepard
09-18-2013, 09:10 PM
I agree with you.

Lightningman
09-19-2013, 04:31 AM
Well lets hope that trion can patch it so you can get weapon exp because I would find it a funer way to grind it out

Lightningman
09-19-2013, 03:13 PM
If anyone knows why this is then can u please share or is it just the way it is

Atticus Batman
09-19-2013, 03:18 PM
If anyone knows why this is then can u please share or is it just the way it is

It's probably to keep the nonpaid DLC players from screaming that Paid DLC players were given an EASY way to grind weapon levels. That said, the funnest part about the arenas, is watching the mutant grenadiers "flying" across screen. It always amuses me, until a cleaver teleports through a wall behind me and kills me.

Lightningman
09-19-2013, 03:46 PM
Yes i get what your saying but as it stands buying the dlc would really only unlock arenas and a free car. I just think if trion made it so that it granted weapon exp, it would make buying the dlc more rewarding. But that just my personal opinion.

Atticus Batman
09-19-2013, 03:49 PM
Yes i get what your saying but as it stands buying the dlc would really only unlock arenas and a free car. I just think if trion made it so that it granted weapon exp, it would make buying the dlc more rewarding. But that just my personal opinion.

Not disagreeing with that, just stated what made sense to me.

Lightningman
09-19-2013, 04:02 PM
sorry about that, I don't want to start anything lol:) Its just that grinding weapons can be a pain, I`m looking at you BMGs and Rockets, and arenas would get more people to revisit them instead of just the charge blade.

Shadow Andreas
09-19-2013, 04:06 PM
sorry about that, I don't want to start anything lol:) Its just that grinding weapons can be a pain, I`m looking at you BMGs and Rockets, and arenas would get more people to revisit them instead of just the charge blade.

The BMG wasn't too bad when the afflicted were around....that's how I go my lvl to 10 for the pursuit.

Lightningman
09-19-2013, 04:13 PM
Ya they were, but I dont see them coming back unless trion plans to put them back as sieges with rotation with Volge ones

Shadow Andreas
09-19-2013, 04:20 PM
Ya they were, but I dont see them coming back unless trion plans to put them back as sieges with rotation with Volge ones

Well....they have hinted that they "plan" to have sieges with the other enemies. We can always hope that they do come back now and then.

Lightningman
09-19-2013, 04:23 PM
Yup im with you on that. Maybe i could summit this question to be answered in the livestream if it was intended not to have weapon exp. Heres hoping it was another bug

Bonehead
09-19-2013, 08:13 PM
I really like and support this game but it sometimes seems like the sharpest tools were left in the shed for this one.Anytime you use your own weapons you should get the exp. This makes no sense at all.They fixed it at arkfalls so perhaps they will do the same here but you gotta wonder sometimes what the thought process is yes?

Lightningman
09-19-2013, 08:27 PM
Yeah I mean u should be able to. It would be perfect spots for grinding rather then the San hulker. Maybe we could get an offical response if this is in fact just a bug or not

Zewy
09-19-2013, 11:29 PM
Arenas are not stabel anyway right now you get dissconnected and teleported enemyes wasting 10min for nothing. No exp no reward only kill count works on kills here. Other then that I like the arenas fun hunting down the golden skittling and trying to get higher high scoure and you get rep everytime. I wold return to them if you get exp in there or after I hit ego 5000 still 897 to go :)

Lightningman
09-20-2013, 04:23 AM
Yeah I hope trion will fix arenas for everyone out there and will grant you weapon exp in the future. We can always hope right