PDA

View Full Version : Sea vehicles

hey u
09-20-2013, 09:07 AM
Again last time I was on the road on boosted off a road and fell into the sea and got to thinking. Players can swim and jump in the water and jump out in the air shoot and fall back into the water so where the sea creatures to fight?

Also need some flying creatures that swarm down and attack you as well or with that in certain parts of the map they pop up

I want so much content and stuff to buy when my monthly check of 600 bucks comes in there I am sitting debating what should I spend this 300 bucks on. As of now Defiance is not at this point of me thinking that

Celke
09-20-2013, 09:11 AM
When I think of it, "sea fights" should add a whole new level to Defiance + the ability to dive and such.

Though, I do not think we will ever see that + I really want the current game to be fixed and bugs removed.

hey u
09-20-2013, 09:51 AM
When I think of it, "sea fights" should add a whole new level to Defiance + the ability to dive and such.

Though, I do not think we will ever see that + I really want the current game to be fixed and bugs removed.

Good idea like a hole expansion pack if done right id pay 19.99 for it

J_matt
09-20-2013, 10:26 AM
They said sea vehicles wont be coming anytime soon nor planned for it but u never know what can happen with this game in the future.

Shadow Andreas
09-20-2013, 10:37 AM
As much as I want them to add to the game and expand the map.....my guess would be all focus is on fixing things currently in game....at least that's what I took from the SotG blog.

If they opened up some of the islands around the area and made sea vehicles available...that would be cool. Add some enemies in the water and the coast lines...even costal Arkfalls!

With this game....the possibilities are endless.....it all comes down to what the systems can handle and what is possible to do.

hey u
09-20-2013, 10:52 AM
How about we buy parts or Trion puts in tons of parts to hunt down within the world and do new side and main missions for parts to built boats. We have the water it is there so why not add boats. It is human nature to get on the sea. So take apart one of the cars and make a boat from it. Get creative Trion could with this idea.

People doing missions and such in the world while people race and bet out in the sea would be fun I say. I can't help but think this when I see so much water around. And at times when I go exploring on foot and try and swim around the shores of the game and I swimming I like man boats would be so much fun.

Why not have personal vehicles like a jet ski or speed boats to spawn and travel around in the sea. Add some islands to go explore or go from say the world of Defiance and for DLC holders and people who earn or buy a boat can travel to the other islands and be able to race other players and do all the new missions that tie into them.

Shadow Andreas
09-20-2013, 10:55 AM
How about we buy parts or Trion puts in tons of parts to hunt down within the world and do new side and main missions for parts to built boats. We have the water it is there so why not add boats. It is human nature to get on the sea. So take apart one of the cars and make a boat from it. Get creative Trion could with this idea.

People doing missions and such in the world while people race and bet out in the sea would be fun I say. I can't help but think this when I see so much water around. And at times when I go exploring on foot and try and swim around the shores of the game and I swimming I like man boats would be so much fun.

Why not have personal vehicles like a jet ski or speed boats to spawn and travel around in the sea. Add some islands to go explore or go from say the world of Defiance and for DLC holders and people who earn or buy a boat can travel to the other islands and be able to race other players and do all the new missions that tie into them.

If you have the time....read through one of my old Threads http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?65120-Ideas-for-Civilization-let-me-know-what-you-think.&highlight=civilization it's a bit long and not about the sea......but it does have some of the features you just mentioned. It is a little long but was a compulation over three days where I added to my original thought.

Etaew
09-20-2013, 10:56 AM
Like aircraft, sea vehicles would be a nightmare for the game designers at the moment. There is a natural barrier which is the water around the land we are on, it keeps people contained in parts of the map that is ready for us.

Perhaps in the future we will see more land opened up, but for now there isn't a lot of places that we could safely go with sea vehicles.

hey u
09-20-2013, 11:13 AM
If you have the time....read through one of my old Threads http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?65120-Ideas-for-Civilization-let-me-know-what-you-think.&highlight=civilization it's a bit long and not about the sea......but it does have some of the features you just mentioned. It is a little long but was a compulation over three days where I added to my original thought.

Good idea but with my idea I try and think of what I would blow 20-50 bucks on for perks or in-game bonuses. In the end Trion needs that money to pay people with so with all my ideas I try and think what I would spend money on a weekly basis and hope when I say it people agree with it and may get put into the game.

And with the sea option for DLC holders well nobody owns the sea. It a vast area of death and fortune and exploration to be found I say and money to spend/time to invest. Could open up a pvp island where you travel with your boat to the island. Also could have islands that have crazy bosses on and only accessible with the boat would be cool I say as well. Just opens up the door for us players for more insaneness

I should add I do like you idea

Etaew
09-20-2013, 11:14 AM
I think the sea does definitely need some looking into, don't get me wrong. The docks are meant to be one of the most important feature of the bay area at the moment, and the majority of them have some sort of conflict raging over them.

Shadow Andreas
09-20-2013, 11:17 AM
Good idea but with my idea I try and think of what I would blow 20-50 bucks on for perks or in-game bonuses. In the end Trion needs that money to pay people with so with all my ideas I try and think what I would spend money on a weekly basis and hope when I say it people agree with it and may get put into the game.

And with the sea option for DLC holders well nobody owns the sea. It a vast area of death and fortune and exploration to be found I say and money to spend/time to invest. Could open up a pvp island where you travel with your boat to the island. Also could have islands that have crazy bosses on and only accessible with the boat would be cool I say as well. Just opens up the door for us players for more insaneness

I should add I do like you idea

I see what you are saying....and I agree....they do need to make money. I also feel that they need to enhance the world to keep people engaged and make them feel like they are fighting for something.

hey u
09-20-2013, 11:33 AM
I see what you are saying....and I agree....they do need to make money. I also feel that they need to enhance the world to keep people engaged and make them feel like they are fighting for something.

"enhance the world to keep people engaged and make them feel like they are fighting for something" and I say to this as the saying goes: true words spoken by a true person

Azubaz
09-20-2013, 04:15 PM
I would play more if it had awesome vehicles (sea and air) and giant Godzilla like monsters and maybe bipedal vehicles (mechs).

Bonehead
09-20-2013, 05:08 PM
Again last time I was on the road on boosted off a road and fell into the sea and got to thinking. Players can swim and jump in the water and jump out in the air shoot and fall back into the water so where the sea creatures to fight?

Also need some flying creatures that swarm down and attack you as well or with that in certain parts of the map they pop up

I want so much content and stuff to buy when my monthly check of 600 bucks comes in there I am sitting debating what should I spend this 300 bucks on. As of now Defiance is not at this point of me thinking that

boats and sea monsters........
I love it!

hey u
09-20-2013, 05:42 PM
I said this on a older post but last time I went to Canada and came back in the USA they like Do you have any fruits or vegetables so it don't mess with our food system I guess and what pesticides they use. Just when they crashed into our planet they must of had food and I said what if some of their alien food or whatever mixed with the animals of our planet causing them to mutate and is maybe 1 reason why the sea is a dangerous place?

Jallace Ryngz
09-20-2013, 08:49 PM
Sea creatures cool however I'd rather have an air vehicle. Scrapers get the helibots, mutants get a chopper, we have machinist why can't we make something airborne.