PDA

View Full Version : No Chat system game breaker

Rasilon
09-20-2013, 09:08 PM
I am close to done with this online single player game

Pilot
09-21-2013, 06:54 AM
I am close to done with this online single player game just left a little note about that same problem. It really sucks not being able to talk to anyone while in game play. If you could actually talk to people like in Red Dead
it would be a huge step forward for the game

hey u
09-21-2013, 08:32 AM

Heck I love going up on a crystal fall by myself or with 1-3 other people. Any more people up on a fall and I don't get many kills and it wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to simple. I personally hate co-op with 4 people. Not enough enemies to shoot and just to simple.

Main story mission are fun I find when playing it solo. That's the only time I may get a somewhat of a challenge from this game now. Open world is fun with 1-2 people with me and I find they game fun. Add more people and everything dies so fast and no real challenge??

Playing the same story mission over and co-op mission over and over are starting to get old. Sucks when only like 50 enemy pop up during a co-op map plus the boss and normally the boss fight is the only thing fun. The run up to the boss is non fun as the enemy are too weak and every time you play the map the enemy spawn in the same location.

Same with story mission and the open world nothing changes. Enemy still spawn in all the same location and all die normally with 4-5 shots fired at them and then what's left to do? Nothing really.

LITTLE B1RD
09-21-2013, 10:37 AM

I don't know what system you are on, but on xbox, most people w/ headsets have to mute the chat while in some areas for people yelling at their kids, using kinect as a mic, or blaring music through the mics (it doesn't sound as badass as you think, younglings).

crasher
09-21-2013, 10:41 AM
I don't know what system you are on, but on xbox, most people w/ headsets have to mute the chat while in some areas for people yelling at their kids, using kinect as a mic, or blaring music through the mics (it doesn't sound as badass as you think, younglings).
I haven't played with voice chat much outside of clan and group, especially not explored since the DLC drop, but I recall being able to mute specific people.
FINDING those specific pepople was a chore sometimes, but it worked reasonably well for the convenience it afforded being able to play/speak/no-type during a firefight.

(Off topic, but wondering what happened to my sig. it's gone in this post.)

LITTLE B1RD
09-21-2013, 10:47 AM
I have not heard anyone w/ a mic in ages. I guess everyone is in clan, group, or party chat.

I seem to recall a post about clan chat not working, did that ever get fixed or am I wrong about that?

crasher
09-21-2013, 11:00 AM
I have not heard anyone w/ a mic in ages. I guess everyone is in clan, group, or party chat.

I seem to recall a post about clan chat not working, did that ever get fixed or am I wrong about that?

Chat window has 'Mute Options' at lower right corner.
Check to see what you have on/off.

A friend tried PTT, and found that he had to push the button (duh, of course) to speak, which stopped his game play movement/action, causing him to get hammered by Volge while the button was held.

My area/zone is off to voice, so I dunno about activity in those anymore....

LITTLE B1RD
09-21-2013, 11:09 AM
No, I don't have anything muted, Crasher. There just don't seem to be many people even trying to talk to other random people anymore.

The text chat is quite lively and amusing with traders all insulting each other and arguing over prices and such. I guess its a good thing they are not using mics.lol

Elysion
09-21-2013, 12:39 PM
I don't like voice com because people who play video games are not voice actors. Its just immersion breaking. In text i can make everyone sound awesome.

Xtorma
09-21-2013, 05:30 PM
Heck I love going up on a crystal fall by myself or with 1-3 other people. Any more people up on a fall and I don't get many kills and it wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to simple. I personally hate co-op with 4 people. Not enough enemies to shoot and just to simple.

Main story mission are fun I find when playing it solo. That's the only time I may get a somewhat of a challenge from this game now. Open world is fun with 1-2 people with me and I find they game fun. Add more people and everything dies so fast and no real challenge??

Playing the same story mission over and co-op mission over and over are starting to get old. Sucks when only like 50 enemy pop up during a co-op map plus the boss and normally the boss fight is the only thing fun. The run up to the boss is non fun as the enemy are too weak and every time you play the map the enemy spawn in the same location.

Same with story mission and the open world nothing changes. Enemy still spawn in all the same location and all die normally with 4-5 shots fired at them and then what's left to do? Nothing really.

You are so cool, and so on-line gamer tough.