PDA

View Full Version : Should I come back to defiance?

PHEONIX DEATH 1
09-21-2013, 07:09 AM
So I thought the forums were dead logged in today guess i thought wrong..
I still have my defiance game all i need is xbox live and i wanted to know is defiance still worth playing anyone who comments please post pros and cons of the game at its current status please,

BJWyler
09-21-2013, 09:07 AM
I still have my defiance game all i need is xbox live and i wanted to know is defiance still worth playing anyone who comments please post pros and cons of the game at its current status please,

If you are usually a whiney, entitled jerk in games, then no, you should not come back.

If you are a reasonable and levelheaded person, then absolutely you should start playing again.

Pros:
1) It's a fun game with an interesting concept that (hopefully) will grow and get better in time.
2) It does not have a subscription, so it costs you nothing extra to play.
3) Aside from the group of players you get in every game similar to the first one I mention above, the community is fairly strong and helpful in this game.
4) They are constantly working to improve the elements in the game and bringing new content to play - the new Dark Matter Arkfalls and Volge Sieges are a blast!
5) DLC 2 looks to bring more exciting elements to Arkfalls

Cons:
1) There are still bugs, performance issues, and UI weaknesses; The new PvP arena is buggy (but they are working on fixes).
2) There has been no real extension to the storyline even with the new DLC.
3) "End game" can be feel a bit repetitive and grindy in between new content.
4) PvP Q's, except for Shadow Wars, really suck right now (but they are working on fixes).

Jessikizzle
09-21-2013, 09:32 AM

I don't normally post responses on the forum as I don't often feel I have anything to contribute to the conversations, but I feel moved to respond to this one. With that said my opinion isn't one of a hardcore gamer nor a once in a while casual gamer, I fall some where in the middle so please take this into account when you read my opinion as it might not be the most popular or the general consensus.

Personally I generally like the game. It definitely has a pretty varied amount of ups and downs, but if you can deal with that and haven't beaten most of the game released thus far go back and enjoy mindless fun. If I stay connected to my wifi (I live in a shotty area) and I'm not gaming at 5 a.m. EST (servers reset) I can find things to keep me entertained for hours. I have met some of the best cooperative players on this game, but I have also found that for an MMO you can feel very alone in your quests as well. Do you have friends that play this game? The most fun I have found has been playing with another person. Although I have to admit that I did try to cross the bridge with my younger sibling in tow shortly after he got the game just to see what happened and had more laughs than necessary with what ensued.

Although I have to say this: if you are purely purchasing LIVE just to play Defiance I wouldn't. As much as I love the show and like the game I cannot justify putting more money and effort into playing then you already have. If you have other games that require LIVE and this is just a benefit of that then give the game another try and form your own opinion on things. Do your research, but take everything with a grain of salt as everyones opinion isn't necessarily going to mesh with yours.

hey u
09-21-2013, 10:07 AM
It is fun to see how many lag out or hard freezes or just the Das boot from an Arkfall or anything I get. It really depends how much patience you have as a person.

I up on Ps3

LITTLE B1RD
09-21-2013, 10:17 AM
I agree with Jessikizzle.

I wouldnt get a gold account just for this, yet.

Don't know if you played a lot of PVP, (I haven't tried it yet), but there do seem to be a lot of complaints about that.

Maybe you could try a one month subcription, and decide from there.

Just so you are warned- there are Volge everywhere now.

3rdpig
09-21-2013, 12:40 PM
Pros - fun, addictive gameplay. At least one dev who seems dedicated to making it better.

Cons - Bugs, no new story mission, nothing new to do that you can't complete in a few hours and no real reward for continued play once the pursuits are done.

August Barkley
09-21-2013, 01:06 PM
Should I come back to defiance?

No.

drifter848
09-21-2013, 03:34 PM
well I bought the season pass I got to try my arenas once the the access points to go into the arenas are now gone so basically my game is unplayable unless I wanna stand around the lighthouse talking to my nonexsistent clan mates cuz yes clan chat is broke so if u wanna sirt and watch p[eople sell crappy ojs to new guys sure play but if you wanna actualy use dlc content social chat do missions etc that's not happening for more then half the people that got the season pass and trion is not interested in fixing it they look at it as only half the peoples game doesn't work oh wellell give the half that can play a loot boost weekend and they'll be dumb enough to not care about the thousands of us who cant play any of the content we purchased its been months and ive tried everything to get a reasonable answer outa them and im basically told your games broke we cant fix it and we don't give refunds or perks for starting fresh wich wont fix the prob anyway ive spent well over 200 in and for this game but once they get your money you don't matter anymore

Sanguinesun
09-21-2013, 05:58 PM

The reason the forums (perhaps) look less "dead" to you is because they consolidated pc xbox and ps3 general discussion forums into one. However, there would seem to be less activity each week since then for a host of reasons.

But as others have said, its not worth it on multiple levels just to get xbox live again.