PDA

View Full Version : Weapons Mastery Bonuses - The Shtako Slap of Disgust!

PseudoCool
09-22-2013, 07:59 AM
Ladies and Gentleman...

We all know that sometimes.. or most times.. the "weapons mastery bonus" really isn't that much of a bonus at all, or even worse, is not a bonus at all.

So.. let's make sure to keep this issue front and center here, and lets hear it..

What's your WORST weapons mastery bonus ever unlocked on a weapon?

For me..

Got an Orange Clustershot CSX combat shotgun from a Tier 4, was stoked..
then.. open it up, and it's OUTLAW SYNERGY.. like who wants OUTLAW synergy? Then it has a green 1.1 mag modifier (for a total of 11 rounds) and a purple mod for 1.03 fire rate.

So hey.. why not.. let's level it up and see what I get..

SHTAKO! A "+3% self revive recharge on reviving another player"

So.. an ORANGE Clustershot CSX
Outlaw Synergy
1.1 mag modifier
1.03 fire rate
+3% self revive recharge on reviving another player

Let's hear it.. who's got worse than that??

PseudoCool
09-22-2013, 08:00 AM
oh.. and just this morning..

popped a mastery bonus of 1.12x magazine on a SWARM LAUNCHER! Ie.. the bonus isn't even any thing since the launcher only holds 2 rounds..lol

Overtkill21
09-22-2013, 08:50 AM
I've never seen that mastery - are you sure it's not 3% Ammo on Self Revive?

Holy Bahamut3
09-22-2013, 08:56 AM
They should really give us a way to re-set our mastery bonus. I have many weapons like this. Cant remember off the top of my head. Someone should create a suggestion.

3rdpig
09-22-2013, 10:15 AM
I've never seen that mastery - are you sure it's not 3% Ammo on Self Revive?

I've got it on several guns, including a couple of oranges. He's right, it's a freaking slap in the face when it appears.

Oh, and how about a VBI TACC Autopistol with no nano effect, Cannoneer synergy (utterly useless on a gun that fires two shot bursts and has no nano) 3% ammo on revive other player and 15% self revive on revive other player and another fire rate bonus? At least the orange bonus is a decent mag size bonus.

I had a couple oranges that were even worse than that, notably a birdshot pump and a bullrush 45, but I was so disgusted that I broke them down immediately. Now I'm hanging on to all of them in hopes that eventually the bonuses will be fixed. Yea, I'm a hopeless optimist.

Overtkill21
09-22-2013, 10:23 AM
I've got it on several guns, including a couple of oranges. He's right, it's a freaking slap in the face when it appears.

So they're adding worse mastery rolls?!?!??? LOL

And here I thought they didn't care...

Nefarious
09-22-2013, 12:07 PM
I always get 3% less dmg while reloading or 3% dmg while being higher then the enemy. Got most of these crap rolls are on my novelty guns. So no big deal.

With a string of guns I actually planed to use, a bolt action and a semi sniper got the rolls stated above ^. A detonator got some bs % of minimum dmg added. An Assault Rifle got 80% less recoil. And a SMG and Shot Gun got DMG bonus. But the DMG bonuses add only a few points so its not a huge gain but its still something that would be universally good on any gun.

so out of the six, 3 are good and 3 are muffed up to be replaced.

PseudoCool
09-22-2013, 01:01 PM
I always get 3% less dmg while reloading or 3% dmg while being higher then the enemy. Got most of these crap rolls are on my novelty guns. So no big deal.

With a string of guns I actually planed to use, a bolt action and a semi sniper got the rolls stated above ^. A detonator got some bs % of minimum dmg added. An Assault Rifle got 80% less recoil. And a SMG and Shot Gun got DMG bonus. But the DMG bonuses add only a few points so its not a huge gain but its still something that would be universally good on any gun.

so out of the six, 3 are good and 3 are muffed up to be replaced.

Now see.. this I wouldn't mind. Like I've got a purple tachmag pulsar with assassin that's fully set up with tier III mods.. when that finished leveling up.. blam! 10% critical multiplier from the hip. Now *THAT* is how a mastery bonus should look, and with a gun that's got a negative bloom and almost no recoil, it's a nail driver. Got a orange matchlock boomer that got 10% damage bonus to multiple targets, got a VOT Blaster (purple, dual syphon, stalker, negative bloom) that got a 15% critical multiplier.

So there *ARE* good bonuses out there, I'm just wondering if anyone got any really really crappy ones they'd like to share :) Besides, it can't always be 1.15x magazine shotgun masteries now can it?! :)

PseudoCool
09-22-2013, 01:03 PM
They should really give us a way to re-set our mastery bonus. I have many weapons like this. Cant remember off the top of my head. Someone should create a suggestion.

I think there is one, but you should make one on the official defiance suggestion thread if there's not :)

Holy Bahamut3
09-22-2013, 01:05 PM
I think there is one, but you should make one on the official defiance suggestion thread if there's not :)

I'm on it will post link shortly.

Holy Bahamut3
09-22-2013, 01:11 PM
http://www.google.com/moderator/#8/e=210af6&q=210af6.6c4dd3&v=4

Had to create one, apparently all of the other ones were either removed, or nobody has thought to suggest this yet.

PseudoCool
09-22-2013, 01:12 PM
thanks.. and I agreed!

Vox Animus
09-22-2013, 11:41 PM
On my oranges I got good ones on all, apart from a surge blaster I mastered which (glitched never had a mastery)
but I swapped that orange surge blaster for.... another orange surge blaster, with syphon, 15% grenade recharge, x1.15 fire rate, and +45% speed increase for 5 seconds after full reload as it's mastery which I was happy with, but I didn't rip the person off I gave them scrip to make up for loss of rolls.. c:

Justified
09-23-2013, 08:30 AM
So there *ARE* good bonuses out there, I'm just wondering if anyone got any really really crappy ones they'd like to share :) Besides, it can't always be 1.15x magazine shotgun masteries now can it?! :)

Pretty much any self revive bonus is garbage. Trion should replace that bonus with one that let's us shoot rainbows from our weapons. It would have the same effect as the self revive bonus- absolutely nothing.

Thearl
09-23-2013, 12:12 PM
I've only managed to pull 7 oj's since launch. I like the mastery on one, my SAW (veteran synergy, meh) popped the Ammo reload on critical kill, and it's green and white bonuses were both xMag. One of them I'm not using since I detest PvP. My VBI AR OJ popped a 30% damage bonus to vehicles. Now, I'm slowly working up a Derailer I've had forever, like Ego 800. Assassin Synergy, so yay there. Here's hoping whatever it's mastery is won't make me scrap it like I did my spanner trapper and FRC Magnum.

Worst mastery/synergy combo ever was on a purple Tele-spanner I blew through a few weeks ago when still leveling BMGs. Had run n gun, so yay. Bio nano melee, yay. had a +link time and recoil bonus. yes, faster linking on a BMG that doesn't link along with that popular recoil bonus. Upon mastery, vehicle damage. Yes, I'm going to chase a cerberus with a tele-spanner.

(Now, if a spanner trapper actually slowed vehicles.... another story altogether)